Page 920 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 ... LastLast
Results 22,976 to 23,000 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Bullock (MT Gov.) announced a mask mandate today. That would have been nice from the get go but I'll take what I can get. Also, tourists this summer can get fucked. I'll take the financial hit but gtfo.
    Seems like for weeks every other car parked on main Street at noon o'clock is out of state plates.

Can’t believe CO’s governor hasn’t announced a statewide mask mandate. Even Alabama just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    How is it any different? You stood by and squabbled amongst yourselves while Hitler rolled accross Europe, then you argued against supporting Britain for another 9 fucking months before authorizing the lend lease act and releasing the supplies you were sitting on. Then you still waited another 9 months to get bombed before declaring war.

Same shit, different century.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Trying to understand your argument here...so it was bad that the US didn't intervene fast enough for WWII in your view, so we should intervene even faster when it comes to COVID-19? Or is it that our non-response or pathetic response at the federal level to COVID-19 is what we should've done in WWII allowing the Nazis to succeed?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You really have to ask? Then Trump has control of the data.
    CDC is an agency of HHS and the CDC director serves at the pleasure of the president, and can be fired and replaced without Senate confirmation. SECHHS also serves at the pleasure of the president, but requires Senate confirmation if fired.

So is the assumption that HHS is more loyal to Trump than its subsidiary CDC? Or that info can more easily politicized by having CDC experts not in the loop?

It sure as hell is abnormal and frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Can’t believe CO’s governor hasn’t announced a statewide mask mandate. Even Alabama just did.
    I agree with you.

But I bet even without the mandate, way more CO residents are wearing masks than those in Alabama. Where I go (northern Front Range), I can't remember the last time I saw someone inside a retail store of any kind without a mask. I'm also not sure how much it legally matters if all the counties and cities are making their own rules anyways.

In PA this afternoon, gov just put restrictions back on.......PSAC(PA state university system) suspended all sports until Jan 1, 2021.......that’s fall and winter sports...yikes.

.....and at the same time PIAA(HS sports) just press released that fall sports will begin as scheduled on 8/10.........lol...a bit of disconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I agree with you.

But I bet even without the mandate, way more CO residents are wearing masks than those in Alabama. Where I go (northern Front Range), I can't remember the last time I saw someone inside a retail store of any kind without a mask. I'm also not sure how much it legally matters if all the counties and cities are making their own rules anyways.
    Oh absolutely. However, it may make the tourists in the mountain communities mask up or take it more seriously or not come if there’s a state order. Somehow the scattered county orders don’t work well enough.

I agree with you.

At least here it seems like most of the non-MAGA locals wear masks but I'd say a fair # of the tourists don't. They probably decided to travel here because we had a low # of cases and now that's rising because of them.

At least here it seems like most of the non-MAGA locals wear masks but I'd say a fair # of the tourists don't. They probably decided to travel here because we had a low # of cases and now that's rising because of them.
    They literally say that: "Oh we came here because you all are doing so well with COVID *cough cough*"

And remember, COVID numbers you see reported, those don't count out of towners. All cases are counted by the county of residence. So all the cases from TX, AL, FL, who come to the CO mountains and get sick? Those don't get counted as CO cases.

Also, a COVID+ person from CO Springs that goes up to their mtn condo, gets sick, and goes to a mountain hospital? That case is counted as an El Paso County (the county containing CO Springs) case.

That type of accounting works pretty well for most of the country, but not at all well for high tourism areas.

God damn, go Florida.

People taking any kind of vacation right now are selfish, inconsiderate, entitled assholes, without exception. There is no valid reason to travel beyond day trip distance for pleasure/recreation anywhere in the United States right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    God damn, go Florida.
    i had a shit day at work, so I'm already in a bad mood, but I just don't see this getting anything but worse....I am picturing a fall/winter where we are all on fucking lockdown again, all because the contingent of fucking mouthbreathers (see the Huntington Beach vid upthread) think this is a hoax, just the flu, deep state conspiracy etc. That and the fact a potted plant in the White House would be more effective in dealing with this than our current President. We are fucked. Properly.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    i had a shit day at work, so I'm already in a bad mood, but I just don't see this getting anything but worse....I am picturing a fall/winter where we are all on fucking lockdown again, all because the contingent of fucking mouthbreathers (see the Huntington Beach vid upthread) think this is a hoax, just the flu, deep state conspiracy etc. That and the fact a potted plant in the White House would be more effective in dealing with this than our current President. We are fucked. Properly.
    Just wait until the Holiday lockdown season. People are going to lose it big time.

Any of you medical types have a opinion on when would be the best time to get a flu shot this year? Is it all going to be the same with respect to the flu or do you think new precautions are needed?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'll take a flu shot the moment it is offered to me at work.

One might hope that flu season will be curtailed by masking and distancing. It certainly was at the end of the last one in areas that did that.

Yeah, the upside to all this is that most arent going to catch common colds or the flu if they act safely.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Group buy so we can do a mag meet-up at some hill this season.
    Great visual for 30 of these in Lot 4.
    No keyboard or mouse port? Harrrrrrumph, how can I get an ip for the thing?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Right i am talking about Old Aramaic, Ancient Aramaic, and even Biblical Aramaic. I want to summon some demons. Old Testament gods. Things like that.

Also, tourists this summer can get fucked. I'll take the financial hit but gtfo.
    A fair number of the tourists that have been coming to Santa Fe this summer are the kind that don’t gaf, so now there are signs all over the Plaza and downtown reporting a $100 fine for not wearing one.

Santa Fe just reported a spike in cases.

I agree with you.

Walked in to a large motorcycle shop in Centennial and the entire staff of maybe 20+ were maskless as were all customers but me. Whatever. Didn’t buy anything, tried on a jacket and then bought it online so I didn’t have to interface with a maskless sales person or cashier. I guess they don’t like money.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right i am talking about Old Aramaic, Ancient Aramaic, and even Biblical Aramaic. I want to summon some demons. Old Testament gods. Things like that.
    There's one in the White House.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    A fair number of the tourists that have been coming to Santa Fe this summer are the kind that don’t gaf, so now there are signs all over the Plaza and downtown reporting a $100 fine for not wearing one.

Santa Fe just reported a spike in cases.
    You should have seen Red River last weekend..... Zero masks and zero fucks given.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agreed. Give him a week.

Outbreak at Tommyknockers tavern, Home Depot, and Shotgun Willies. we’re doomed.

People will take this seriously only when deaths exceed hospital capacity in a big way. Not just isolated pockets.

Fauci isstarti g tosuggest this whole thing could go seriously south as in 1918 levels. That is what it took in '18 for people to wake up. Too late by then of course, but who could have seen this coming?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    People will take this seriously only when deaths exceed hospital capacity in a big way. Not just isolated pockets.

Fauci isstarti g tosuggest this whole thing could go seriously south as in 1918 levels. That is what it took in '18 for people to wake up. Too late by then of course, but who could have seen this coming?
    It’s unbelievable how many times we get a warning (China, Italy, Spain, NYC, NJ) and yet it’s not enough to take seriously. Now if AZ, TX, CA, FL get there, will it be enough of a wake-up call to the rest of us?