Page 916 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... LastLast
Results 22,876 to 22,900 of 41810
    If we had responded to the Axis threat during WWII the way we're responding to COVID, we would all be living a version of The Man in the High Castle.

GOP - not going to attend convention - too risky!

also GOP - all schools need to open!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Well, you know, kids aren't at high risk.

You'd think after half a year of this most people would understand how infectious diseases work, but apparently not...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    If we had responded to the Axis threat during WWII the way we're responding to COVID, we would all be living a version of The Man in the High Castle.
    Human enemies are the best. Unless they are us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    And it’s all subtle bullshit. You earn nothing and are owed nothing and your work/life balance is 100% predicated on intangibles like company culture and workload. At least with PTO and a normally scheduled workweek the company explicitly lays out a work/life balance expectation that can be measured and negotiated. I’ll take my PTO bank over unlimited time off any day.
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Desantis's governor offices have been closed for a few months to protect him and his people.

Name:  IMG_2356.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  114.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Name:  IMG_2356.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  114.2 KB
    more like "you're gonna get sick Billy - you might have damaged lungs for the rest of your life - but probably not.

But your Mom over there is gonna be ill for a few months - she might need to be hospitalized.

You're Dad is gonna have to sell the house to pay for the medical bills. I hope she lives. Your parents will never be able to afford a vacation again. Do you think you'll like living in a one bedroom apartment?

I'll look after her when she's in the hospital - if she dies and I put covid down as the diagnosis people will say I did it for the extra $.

And people will imply she deserved to die because of any prior conditions she may have had.

Like asthma or type 1 diabetes she's had since she was a kid."

---

but that wouldn't fit on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Phfffft, just spend a year and learn welding.
    Exactly.
    Just “Find Something New” like Ivanka sez
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-something-new

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Exactly.
    Just “Find Something New” like Ivanka sez
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-something-new
    When they build the guillotine, she's going to be the first one up the steps.

If anything just for being so completely fucking lacking in self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Bimbo turned up to 11.

Name:  109228873_10158990058723352_8321769312772463546_n.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  74.9 KB

more like "you're gonna get sick Billy - you might have damaged lungs for the rest of your life - but probably not.

But your Mom over there is gonna be ill for a few months - she might need to be hospitalized.

You're Dad is gonna have to sell the house to pay for the medical bills. I hope she lives. Your parents will never be able to afford a vacation again. Do you think you'll like living in a one bedroom apartment?

I'll look after her when she's in the hospital - if she dies and I put covid down as the diagnosis people will say I did it for the extra $.

And people will imply she deserved to die because of any prior conditions she may have had.

Like asthma or type 1 diabetes she's had since she was a kid."

---

but that wouldn't fit on the cover.
    Well done
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How is it any different? You stood by and squabbled amongst yourselves while Hitler rolled accross Europe, then you argued against supporting Britain for another 9 fucking months before authorizing the lend lease act and releasing the supplies you were sitting on. Then you still waited another 9 months to get bombed before declaring war.

Same shit, different century.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Please don’t stop teaching. I mean “walk” with your coworkers, carrying signs, making your health and safety a priority for the administrators, parent, students, and larger community. Collectively, show up to work but don’t entire the buildings.

LAUSD and SDUSD just took their stand. Their teachers are very well organized and have been for a long time.

I don’t know you, but per my mom (former teachers union organizer), the elementary school teachers were the most difficult to get on the bus to understand the benefits of collective worker strength, being proactive, thinking long term, and bargaining with the politicians. They are the largest # of teachers and wield the most power.

Consider helping your coworkers get up to speed and then help the administrators.
    Much of the state will follow. There is discussion on the district level across CA about not returning to school in the fall. I just got word this morning that the school I provide food service for will begin with distance learning in August. It was decided last night in guidance with the county superintendent and health department. I know my kids school (same county) will likely follow along with the school my wife teaches at (Santa Clara county) will likely as well. I expect the entire BA to announce in the next ten days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    How is it any different? You stood by and squabbled amongst yourselves while Hitler rolled accross Europe, then you argued against supporting Britain for another 9 fucking months before authorizing the lend lease act and releasing the supplies you were sitting on. Then you still waited another 9 months to get bombed before declaring war.

]
    Exactly This. They did the same thing in Britain for years running up to the war. Refused to believe Hitler was a real threat until it was almost too late.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Name:  IMG_2358.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  83.5 KB

Has this been posted yet? It’s the leaked cdc guidance for schools

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

never mind that every baby born since bears a distinct likeness

thank god for Churchill

on netflix by the by
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Lindbergh = Drumpf.

America First.

Except Lindbergh didn't become president.

Here’s the covid survival and post-survival story of a truckee resident

https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...d-man-walking/

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Here’s the covid survival and post-survival story of a truckee resident

https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...d-man-walking/
    Wow. What a crazy story. Thanks for posting.

Sounds highly unlikely that guy would have lived without being on a ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Much of the state will follow. There is discussion on the district level across CA about not returning to school in the fall. I just got word this morning that the school I provide food service for will begin with distance learning in August. It was decided last night in guidance with the county superintendent and health department. I know my kids school (same county) will likely follow along with the school my wife teaches at (Santa Clara county) will likely as well. I expect the entire BA to announce in the next ten days.
    SF won't be outdone by LA for left leaning policy and they'll follow suit with distance learning in the fall. The bay area counties will follow SF. Sacramento will be the wild card, and the central valley will fight it.

In other news, my firefighter neighbor tested positive and is quarantined in their trailer with a 104* fever. His 5 y.o. girl just started spiking high fevers yesterday and can't taste things right now. She hasn't been tested to my knowledge but sounds like she's got it too. My 10 y.o. rides her bike to school with their older daughter who (to my knowledge) hasn't shown signs yet. They live 5 houses away. Fuck.

And yes, the firefighter dad is middle aged and in excellent health.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Solving the mask shortage one brave American at a time.