Page 962 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... LastLast
Results 24,026 to 24,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    18 years old and going off to the dorm? Hate to break it to you, but COVID should be the least of your worries.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Dude, just crawl back under your rock already.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    news o' the day, apparently there is a cure right now.

"This virus has a cure. It is called hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax. I know you people want to talk about a mask. Hello? You don’t need a mask. There is a cure."

https://www.rt.com/usa/496024-doctor...itter-removed/

and:

"Immanuel claimed that she has treated over 350 coronavirus-stricken patients so far, including those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma as well as elderly people – and that not a single one of her patients had died."

and this is a foreign black doctor, so you know if a racist like me is posting this, then 350 trails with no fatalities is too good for even a racist goper to denounce.

you all might ask yourselves why CA and NY aren't trying this right now, they are both getting in hundreds of new cases daily.

i'm no conspirator, but I do believe someone or many just want to use one vaccine that some can get even richer on and continue to give hydroxychloroquine the back of the hand because there is no money to be made there.
    We demand you save Texas first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    This is worth re-quoting.

...and just so I don't exclusively pick on Immanuel, who is arguably the kookiest of "America's Frontline Doctors", here's a rundown of many of the other luminaries retweeted and defended by Drumpf and Tucker Carlson et al.
    Cue Skougs coming back soon to say he wasn't really paying attention. That's his usual MO. In fact that seems to be pretty common for people like him. Why bother vetting anything when it reinforces the narrative you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Jewel of Wilson's foul domain.
    Now would be a good time for the helping friendly book and icculus to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    a wave of mutilation
    So you drove your car into the ocean?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Dude, just crawl back under your rock already.
    "Remember the days when TGR mags weren't PC and actually had a sense of humor? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

150,000 dead from a govt fuckup makes people cranky.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

"Remember the days when TGR mags weren't PC and actually had a sense of humor? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
    Oh, we still do have a sense of humor. You're just butthurt being the butt end of our jokes. Snowflake. Lulz

Where zero punches were pulled? Yeah, what’s your point?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I have a brother several years older and so I have a niece that’s 18 and headed off to live in a dorm in two weeks. Hoping for the best but can’t help being a bit concerned for her and her parents when she comes back. Hopefully there will be rapid testing by then. A $2 instant test strip would change the world.
    What I don't get is, there are some companies, etc. NBA, MLB, get test results in minutes. Why does it take average Joe 10 or more days for results? If there is a quick test, why isn't that the one everyone uses?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    To put this in perspective, Trump has told 20,000 documented lies, tweets stupid shit ad nauseum, has refused to wear a mask which which has set the whole vibe for the USA having the most dead from covid

instead you highlight Fauci moving his mask to take a drink of water in an empty out door stadium in a group of 3 people one of whom is his wife

how long are you going to keep fucking that chicken for ?
    Until they bust a nut and or go limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Oh, we still do have a sense of humor. You're just butthurt being the butt end of our jokes. Snowflake. Lulz
    Exactly!

If you don't get the joke it may because you are the joke.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What I don't get is, there are some companies, etc. NBA, MLB, get test results in minutes. Why does it take average Joe 10 or more days for results? If there is a quick test, why isn't that the one everyone uses?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    There isn't a quick test that's widely available yet. The differences you're seeing are in dedicating resources. Imagine you worked for a large corporation that books $8B per year like the NBA does. Now imagine that protecting your revenue hinges on instant information about whether your employees are sick. What's the first thing you do if you're the COO? That's right ... you contract with Labcorp to put a dedicated trailer on-site that can process hundreds if not thousands of samples per day and turn around results almost in real time. Think this isn't fair? This is America man. Labcorp is gonna make bank. Think others aren't doing this? Ask Notre Dame. Texas A&M, blah, blah, blah.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/univers...ts-11594812937

Where the parrot known as skoug gets his misinformation....

Sinclair Broadcast Group recently published an online interview with a conspiracy theorist who claimed that Dr. Anthony Fauci created the coronavirus using monkey cells. Sinclair — which operates almost 200 television stations — has also run segments downplaying the severity of the virus.

Fox News has repeatedly run segments promoting ideas that scientists consider false or that question the seriousness of the virus.

Breitbart published a video this week in which a group of doctors claimed that masks were unnecessary and that the drug hydroxychloroquine cured the virus. It received 14 million views in six hours on Facebook, my colleague Kevin Roose reports. (President Trump tweeted a link to it.)

Why is the U.S. enduring a far more severe virus outbreak than any other rich country?

There are multiple causes, but one of them is the size and strength of right-wing media organizations that frequently broadcast falsehoods. The result is confusion among many Americans about scientific facts that are widely accepted, across the political spectrum, in other countries.

Canada, Japan and much of Europe have no equivalent to Sinclair — whose local newscasts reach about 40 percent of Americans — or Fox News. Germany and France have widely read blogs that promote conspiracy theories. “But none of them have the reach and the funding of Fox or Sinclair,” Monika Pronczuk, a Times reporter based in Europe, told me.

Fox is particularly important, because it has also influenced President Trump’s response to the virus, which has been slower and less consistent than that of many other world leaders. “Trump repeatedly failed to act to tame the spread, even though that would have helped him politically,” The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent has written. The headline on Sargent’s opinion column is: “How Fox News may be destroying Trump’s re-election hopes.”

Another factor creating confusion: The lack of an aggressive response to virus misinformation from Facebook and YouTube. Judd Legum, author of the Popular Information newsletter, has identified some of this misinformation, and the two companies have responded by removing the posts he cited. But Legum told me he had pointed out only a small fraction of the false information, and the companies had done relatively little to remove it proactively.

Twitter took a slightly more aggressive step yesterday, putting temporary limits on the account of Donald Trump Jr. after he shared the false Breitbart video.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    There isn't a quick test that's widely available yet. The differences you're seeing are in dedicating resources. Imagine you worked for a large corporation that books $8B per year like the NBA does. Now imagine that protecting your revenue hinges on instant information about whether your employees are sick. What's the first thing you do if you're the COO? That's right ... you contract with Labcorp to put a dedicated trailer on-site that can process hundreds if not thousands of samples per day and turn around results almost in real time. Think this isn't fair? This is America man. Labcorp is gonna make bank. Think others aren't doing this? Ask Notre Dame. Texas A&M, blah, blah, blah.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/univers...ts-11594812937
    No I get it, they pay for it to protect their investment. Just stupid to tell americans to get "tested" when the results don't come back within your quarantine period anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    No I get it, they pay for it to protect their investment. Just stupid to tell americans to get "tested" when the results don't come back within your quarantine period anyway.
    So a nationally coordinated testing program that managed capacity to ensure quick turn-around for regions experiencing high demand ... sounds like a good idea. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Cue Skougs coming back soon to say he wasn't really paying attention. That's his usual MO. In fact that seems to be pretty common for people like him. Why bother vetting anything when it reinforces the narrative you want?
    350 trails with no fatalities is what I was paying attention to, seems the doctor's prescription to beat the batman virus is working pretty well.

I just added my cute commentary for the boards benefits.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

i don’t expect you to understand this because it isn’t a cartoon but ‘no fatalities’ doesn’t mean that it’s a cure.

that medicine has been around for quite awhile so it is safe for some uses but saying it’s a coronavirus cure from the beginning was stupid and dangerous. people already died. people spent a lot of money on snake oil. the doctor he is promoting said doctors make medicine with the dna from aliens and that witches rape people in their sleep.

why would anyone believe this fucking liar over, say, the goddamn VA study that showed increased mortality for covid patients. Or the NIH study that showed no benefit?

The desperation to prove that HC is some sort of cure and argue about it just obfuscates the point: THE USA DROPPED THE BALL ENTIRELY AND HAS SUFFERED THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS DISEASE MORE THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

ARE YOU FUCKING TIRED OF WINNING YET?

I mean fucking RT, zerohedge, and that stupid book... please let us know when you dig that hole all the way to china.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

So, this "Doctor" that Orange Head retweeted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Immanuel had me thinking. Remember when Orange Head mused from a podium that we should inject Lysol? Not too long ago, right? I found this cool meme thing on Facebook a day or two after that https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00029774801260 that ended in the "witch doctor" or, "fucking witch doctors" crack, and loved it. But, you know, it actually happened. He went and publicized the crackpot ideas of, basically, a witch doctor. Well, pretty close. Ten to one the woman has studied voodoo in some form. Check out her ministry"s web site http://firepowerministry.org/blog/ . I mean, holy shit, who would imagine in ... Houston? But, then again, isn't one of our smarter posters here from Houston? Must be the heat. Or something in the water.

I still don't get it. Does this really work? I know that a lot of people are stupid, but that doesn't equate to believing a "doctor" who has said that vaginal warts come from sex with demons in your sleep. I just can't see it. I really hope that there are very few people who fall for this shit. Isn't he just horrifying more and more of the general population with this shit? First he lost a ton of women, then more and more middle of the roaders who generally can't be bothered but just can't stand the guy, they aren't that dumb, now, this. What the fuck?

Gohmert tests positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Gohmert tests positive.
    Maybe Barr will also test positive.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Gohmert tests positive.
    Karma, she's a bitch.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Gohmert tests positive.
    ... and then went to the gym

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Who is SkiNebraski? I assume it's someone who changed their name recently, but I can't determine who he used to be here.
    He has been around for some time. I might have skies with him years ago at Kirkwood. The name sticks out. But not sure if it was the same guy. But the alias has been on TGR for at least a decade I think. So he is real. And really misinformed. And that is what scares men this entire thread scares me and allows me to see just how fucked we are. Damn ignorants thinking they are smart is going to sink us all.

Russia's approving a vaccine. Let's see how this goes.... not that we can believe any of the results.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/europ...ntl/index.html