Page 1586 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 ... LastLast
Results 39,626 to 39,650 of 41810
    Local public health board just rescinded the mask mandate, and the school board followed suit as of this friday. Masks still "strongly recommended" though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The latter. Modern medicine has done some great things, but eradicating the ever evolving rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, and influenza viruses of the world isn't one of them.
    Yup, we’ve already proved doing the right thing is too hard

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

The pandemic is officially over when neither covid thread is on page 1. I realize this post isn't helping.

Masks mandates are dropping like flies. Including schools.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Apparently, death rate in Denmark is exponentially growing….
    well its interesting that in Canada the Convoy Protesters are always say but Demark is getting rid of restrictions. Danes the Canadians for Europe.

Interesting if any of the looseners do a u turn. I don't hope one way or the other. In a away I hope they succeed but in another way some failures ie high rate of deaths may cause the WT Freedumb Convoy to STFU.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer (13).png 
Views:	62 
Size:	526.8 KB 
ID:	406253  
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Ok if there is issue with the stats why not look at excess mortality ? Maybe covid has already cleaned out the waiting room so less in the queue? From looking at excess deaths then covid is over?

Name:	excess-mortality-p-scores-projected-baseline.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	406256  
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

OK not in the US as still 10% excess deaths but in Canada, UK, Denmark over by excess deaths?

Curious how they are getting the excess death values up until feb 6. I thought that type of data took time to generate and confirm. Also, apparently, in the UK, being admitted “with covid” versus “for covid” is problematic. The clear example that I saw that came for their health dept was an example of somebody admitted to the hospital due to a stroke and then tested positive for covid when admitted. That individual would be admitted “with” covid, when there’s likelihood that they’re stroke could have been caused by covid…. If that person were to die, it would not be listed as caused by covid, even if covid may have been the reason for the stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Ok if there is issue with the stats why not look at excess mortality ? Maybe covid has already cleaned out the waiting room so less in the queue? From looking at excess deaths then covid is over?
    maybe they readjusted the excess deaths expectations after 2020 and predicted too many based on those numbers?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Curious how they are getting the excess death values up until feb 6. I thought that type of data took time to generate and confirm. Also, apparently, in the UK, being admitted “with covid” versus “for covid” is problematic. The clear example that I saw that came for their health dept was an example of somebody admitted to the hospital due to a stroke and then tested positive for covid when admitted. That individual would be admitted “with” covid, when there’s likelihood that they’re stroke could have been caused by covid…. If that person were to die, it would not be listed as caused by covid, even if covid may have been the reason for the stroke.
    It's usually possible to identify the cause of a stroke---atherosclerosis in the carotid arteries, atrial fibrillation, etc. and the same applies to other common fatal diseases that could be potentially caused by covid but are almost always caused by something else.

I don't its reasonable to think that the baseline has been changing during covid but based on 2017-2019 and refined for actual pop.

Here is the entire pandemic US and UK only . Certainly looks like peaks cause crashes after maybe restrictions with very few covid deaths or covid clearing out those who would have died months later? It would be interesting to see a cumulative excess death curve.
    "Excess mortality is measured as the difference between the reported number of deaths in a given week or month (depending on the country) in 2020–2022 and an estimate of the expected number of deaths for that period had the COVID-19 pandemic not occurred."

Name:	excess-mortality-p-scores-projected-baseline (1).png 
Views:	63 
Size:	612.2 KB 
ID:	406270  

Found cumulative, interesting for countries that had very little covid and big restriction like Oz a lot of lives were saved? freedumb cost lives?

Name:	cumulative-excess-deaths-per-million-covid (1).png 
Views:	65 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	406277  

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's usually possible to identify the cause of a stroke---atherosclerosis in the carotid arteries, atrial fibrillation, etc. and the same applies to other common fatal diseases that could be potentially caused by covid but are almost always caused by something else.
    But couldn’t covid had been the last straw?

“Equally, while the admission may be due to another primary condition, in many instances this may have been as a result of contracting Covid in the community. For example research has shown that people with Covid are more likely to have a stroke (Stroke Association); in these cases people would be admitted for the stroke, classified as ‘with’ Covid despite having had a stroke as a result of having Covid.”

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...ital-activity/

But couldn’t covid had been the last straw?

“Equally, while the admission may be due to another primary condition, in many instances this may have been as a result of contracting Covid in the community. For example research has shown that people with Covid are more likely to have a stroke (Stroke Association); in these cases people would be admitted for the stroke, classified as ‘with’ Covid despite having had a stroke as a result of having Covid.”

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...ital-activity/
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the case. That's what they pay doctors to figure out. If the statistics are derived from the medical records or death certificates they are probably pretty accurate because those are generated by doctors. If they are derived some other way, maybe not.

In the long run does it really matter? Lots of people died and dying of, from, with, due to, because of Covid, especially in the USA. A shame.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

There is confusion in the information coming from Denmark, and a little from the UK, but the UK is apparently being more forthcoming about their data collection errors. Some data is currently showing exponential increases in death due to Covid, which is being broadcasted broadly by SMEs like Eric Topol, while the Denmark cdc is individually responding to SME Twitter threads, like Topol’s, stating that the data is not accurate because it includes deaths of people with covid and people that died due to covid, then there’s more complication due to the recording of people’s covid status when they are admitted to the hospital. This is apparently occurring in the UK and Denmark, but Denmark is having the huge increase in death. Denmark is a leader in vax and dropping all restrictions.

Positive antigen test yesterday at work. Was asymptomatic at the time of testing, but due to my oldest daughter being PCR positive (also asymptomatic for five days), had to test for five days as a health care worker. Omicron is the most likely strain, due to it being absolutely dominant in Norway, but no idea whether I got it from some asymptomatic patient I intubated or from my daughter. Likely the latter. Funny thing was three hours after my mandated testing at work, from where I was promptly sent home at around lunch, started having a fever, lots of fluid buildup in the upper airways and a dry cough. Today, just the fluids and the dry cough, fever is gone.

FWIW, I wear a regular surgical face mask at work, have been since the start of this (P3/n95s have been rationed). Triple pfizered up, not worried about actual illness.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Positive antigen test yesterday at work. Was asymptomatic at the time of testing, but due to my oldest daughter being PCR positive (also asymptomatic for five days), had to test for five days as a health care worker. Omicron is the most likely strain, due to it being absolutely dominant in Norway, but no idea whether I got it from some asymptomatic patient I intubated or from my daughter. Likely the latter. Funny thing was three hours after my mandated testing at work, from where I was promptly sent home at around lunch, started having a fever, lots of fluid buildup in the upper airways and a dry cough. Today, just the fluids and the dry cough, fever is gone.

FWIW, I wear a regular surgical face mask at work, have been since the start of this (P3/n95s have been rationed). Triple pfizered up, not worried about actual illness.
    Welcome to the (not so illustrious) club. Stay hydrated, get good rest, and let your immune system do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Welcome to the (not so illustrious) club. Stay hydrated, get good rest, and let your immune system do its thing.
    Cheers! No loss of taste, so do stay hydrated on ipas, blondes and tripels. All is well.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Pandemic is over................ It was in all the papers.

Except that an average of 2100 people are still Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 09-41-44 COVID Data Tracker.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	406478dying every day.

Here is some morbid shit.

https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/in.../united-states
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

It is a bit strange how everyone is convinced it's now over, or at least will be soon. I sure hope so, but I don't think it's a given at all.

Washington's governor announced yesterday that mask mandates will end on March 21st and, of course, all the comments in the story in the paper about it were like "he should be lifting it immediately." The data for Washington state indicates we are now just past the peak in Covid deaths (and that peak was pretty much on par with the highest we've seen). Personally it seems like wearing masks for a few more weeks makes sense.

It's still on TGR page 1 so clearly not over.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It is a bit strange how everyone is convinced it's now over, or at least will be soon. I sure hope so, but I don't think it's a given at all.
    I don't think it's a given either, but this type of data (for CO) seems to point to a much-anticipated lull:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	covid-cases-CO.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	406480

Name:	covid-infection-CO.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	406481

Name:	covid-positivity-CO.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	406482

Washington's governor announced yesterday that mask mandates will end on March 21st and, of course, all the comments in the story in the paper about it were like "he should be lifting it immediately." The data for Washington state indicates we are now just past the peak in Covid deaths (and that peak was pretty much on par with the highest we've seen). Personally it seems like wearing masks for a few more weeks makes sense.
    I've got a theory that making announcements like this (ahead of time) simply prompts more people to drop the wearing of masks *immediately* and is probably counter-productive if you want to have people continue to wear masks for a period of time.

I hope policy and decision makers are being clear that there may be need for instituting measures in the future. I’m not hearing this is the messaging, but may be I’m not listening closely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

I've got a theory that making announcements like this (ahead of time) simply prompts more people to drop the wearing of masks *immediately* and is probably counter-productive if you want to have people continue to wear masks for a period of time.
    Pitkin County's ended on Feb 22nd. Everyone stopped wearing masks the day it was announced. I've been in 10 businesses over the past week. Not one mask on any employee.

At this point, I'm still wearing mine and won't drop it until incidence rates go down even further.

Covid is waning right now but I don't think Covid is over

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/corona...2022-1.6356420

Nobody has brought up Hong Kong, I read something about a 6th wave ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know