Page 1410 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 ... LastLast
Results 35,226 to 35,250 of 41810
    So I flew for the first time post-COVID, to see my dad in STL who is having some health issues.....Going out was ABQ>HOU>STL. Coming back was STL>ORD>ABQ. Absolute shitshow. Masks “required” in all airports and duration of flight, but the bars in HOU were packed to the fucking gills at 0900, and the security line in STL was 40 minutes plus at 0700 in the morning, on a Sunday. The number of dick noses, chin cupping, or just DGAF was impressively depressing......I’ve been vaxxed since January, but FFS, And modern day air travel just fucking blows. /rant
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ironically, I was trusting the CDC until this last hard 180, now I’m not so sure.
    What the anti-mask and the pro-mask folks are saying is that they trust the CDC when it agrees with them. You either trust their advice or you don't. And BTW, the CDC didn't do a 180. The pandemic did. Could do it again of course but we can't wait around for that to happen.

Yup, I have been reading that and told the misses I didn't want to fly until life was much more normal. Maybe in 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Follow the science. What I have been saying.

I wish businesses and events would catch up soon. We should not have to be required to wear masks at outdoor baseball games any longer.

Science has shown the transmission of COVID-19 is very unlikely outdoors.

A lot of people seem to think this is anti-mask and pro-mask. WTF? That's not everyone. When did this shit turn in to anything other than following CDC guidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Man, I’m probably going to owe Hott Butt Mud an apology if this keeps going this way with vaccinated people wearing masks outside.

I don’t give a shit if they want to wear a mask or a not, but giving vaccinated people a hard time about not masking outside is crazy.

I’m also perfectly happy to wear a mask to grocery shop or whatever if they business owner wants me to wear it for my 15 mins on their store.
    It's all good man. This is exactly where I'm at. Glad that CDC is looking at the studies and translating that to guidance.

RE: The Yankees players/staff testing positive and being Vax'd - this is going to happen. Vaccinated individuals will carry detectable traces of the virus. The caveat is they are far far less likely to transmit the virus and/or have any symptoms. This is a good thing.

We're going to get some major changes announced in the coming weeks as business and governments are able to put together their regulations based on this new CDC guidance.

The problem is you know damn well that people who haven't been vaccinated are going to shed their masks, too. That's why I wish they just could have waited another few weeks.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's great. Not everyone is vaccinated, though. I got my first shot as soon as I was eligible and I get my second shot Tuesday. I'd really rather not be around a lot of people who all of a sudden think masks aren't needed.
    It’s not all of a sudden. I was fully vaccinated the first week of January and haven’t felt the need to mask since. I did and do if a business or my employer requires it. I’m not wearing one outside anymore though. I don’t really care if it makes you uncomfortable. Masking outdoors never made sense. It’s about proximity, duration and lack of ventilation.

I also don’t think the CDC did a 180, this is one of the first times that they’re actually using some common sense based on data and what they’ve observed. I thought their announcement was well thought out and didn’t just abandon mask use. What their new recommendations are is common sense if you can put aside your emotions and be objective.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The problem is you know damn well that people who haven't been vaccinated are going to shed their masks, too. That's why I wish they just could have waited another few weeks.
    In a few weeks the same people are still going to be unvaccinated, except for some kids.
    Anyway, it will be up to your governor and country health depts.
    Washington still has restrictions and a mask mandate, no? The main effect of the CDC guidelines might be to give ammunition to the Trumptards to protest about at the state capitol.

I hear ya man, but we know a certain percentage of the population won't get the vaccine. I think the math, at this stage, must make sense to the experts, or else they would not have made the call to treat the vax'd people vs. un-vax'd people differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I hear ya man, but we know a certain percentage of the population won't get the vaccine. I think the math, at this stage, must make sense to the experts, or else they would not have made the call to treat the vax'd people vs. un-vax'd people differently.
    Name:  07C10F8C-4534-4CA5-A6EB-4C88DBB1BAB7.jpeg
Views: 739
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Name:  07C10F8C-4534-4CA5-A6EB-4C88DBB1BAB7.jpeg
Views: 739
Size:  42.4 KB
    GOLD.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s not all of a sudden. I was fully vaccinated the first week of January and haven’t felt the need to mask since. I did and do if a business or my employer requires it. I’m not wearing one outside anymore though. I don’t really care if it makes you uncomfortable.
    I thought it was clear I was talking about people who haven't been vaccinated, but if I was not I'm talking about people who haven't been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Butt Mud
    Agreed from a population standpoint the math probably makes sense, but it doesn't make me feel real good and it's not like I've held off on getting jabbed.

That's great. Not everyone is vaccinated, though. I got my first shot as soon as I was eligible and I get my second shot Tuesday. I'd really rather not be around a lot of people who all of a sudden think masks aren't needed.
    Just ask them who won the election. It's the easiest way to tell if they have been vaccinated or not.

I thought it was clear I was talking about people who haven't been vaccinated, but if I was not I'm talking about people who haven't been vaccinated.
    It was crystal clear what you meant and kinda funny.

Masks should be required until we reach 75% vaccination. Why? Because Trumptards will lie about having been vaccinated.

This is so blatantly obvious, but the political pressure to show that the vaccination program is working, is strong. Of course, it's working, except for the refuseniks, but the size of this minority is depressing.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Checking from Montana...you all have been masking outdoors (ski area don't count) throughout this whole thing?

Buff that I leave around my neck. Pull up if someone else is wearing mask, or if I'm forced to be close to someone for an extended period. I've known all along that it's overkill when outdoors, but it's common - or maybe uncommon - courtesy.

I've also been wearing a proper mask at food trucks that request it.

Bottom line is that I give a shit about the social contract more than I care about whether or not I feel silly, or am inconvenienced in a minor way.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In a few weeks the same people are still going to be unvaccinated, except for some kids.
    That's not true at all. As previously stated, those over 18 weren't generally eligible until April 19th in the U.S. Many states were ahead of this, but many weren't (in WA it was the 16th). That means there are plenty of adults still just getting or still waiting to get their second shots. That's my sole gripe here. I feel like they should have at least waited until all adults had sufficient time to get vaxxed. After that time, yes, there's not much reason to still require masks in most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Bottom line is that I give a shit about the social contract more than I care about whether or not I feel silly, or am inconvenienced in a minor way.
    This. I get the argument about “mah rights” and all, I just disagree that it’s won in the arena of our local business places.
    focus.

No mask or social distancing from the CDC and White House is a victory. It shows confidence in the vaccines. It empowers local small businesses. It opens life as we used to know it, but of course totally different. It gives anti-vaxxers an incentive to get it, because it works. If you got vaxxed and still had to socially distance, avoid crowds, bars, shows, plays, live music, wtf is the point of getting a vaccine? Get it, and this is our reward.

We're a free country. My Grandma, parents, pregnant wife, me, in-laws, co-workers - we've made the choice to get it. I understand new vaccine hesitancy - but at this point, where multiple vaccine choices are widely available for free at any time to anyone that wants it, I agree it's time to resume life. If someone chooses not to get vaccinated and not socially distance and not wear a mask and they die or they catch covid and they're totally fine, we're a free country. We've all sacrificed for a year, and it's time to move forward. Buy local, a lot. Go spend that money you've been hoarding for the past year. Hug everyone you see. Go visit your Grandma and parents. Soak in that sun, the long winter is melting away. Smile.

If you're old, fat or afraid, you do you and keep on social distancing and wearing your mask everywhere. If you've got no pre-existing conditions, younger than 60, not fat, vaccinated, let's fucking do this.

Lots of consternation going on out there. Went to the grocery store today (Rosauers) and the sign outside has been changed to say "Masks Recommened. Optional for the vaccinated." Inside the store all employees were wearing masks and out of about 50 people I only saw 2 without masks.

I spoke with some friends working the vax clinic, a physican and his nurse wife, and there were less than pleased with the CDC's announcement stating they would continue to mask up until the numbers got better.

America tastes new freedoms but confronts new dilemmas as it takes off the mask

Dr. Sanjay Gupta says the CDC mishandled announcement of new mask guidelines
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

From the things that make you go "hmmmmm" file:

Name:  Covid.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  108.3 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Tru dat.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That's not true at all. As previously stated, those over 18 weren't generally eligible until April 19th in the U.S. Many states were ahead of this, but many weren't (in WA it was the 16th). That means there are plenty of adults still just getting or still waiting to get their second shots. That's my sole gripe here. I feel like they should have at least waited until all adults had sufficient time to get vaxxed. After that time, yes, there's not much reason to still require masks in most places.
    In most states it seems that there is more capacity to vaccinate than people who want vaccination. It may be that a lot of people, especially younger people, have felt no urgency to get vaccinated because vaccination wouldn't let them do anything they weren't already doing. For those people the CDC guidelines give a strong incentive to hurry up and get vaccinated. In those states or counties where people are still having a hard time getting shots the governors or counties have the option of keeping mask mandates in place as CA is doing.

I'm not understanding why companies like Walmart, Costco, and TJ are changing their policies regarding masks. Aren't they supposed to follow the rules of whatever jurisdictions their individual stores are in? It should never have been companies' decisions to require masking and it shouldn't be theirs to not require it now. Do these corporations think they are laws unto themselves? (Rhetorical question; I think I'd rather not now the answer.)

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Hardware store today in California: sign at the entrance says masks are mandatory. It was busy. Maybe half the customers were wearing masks and many with masks on were not covering their noses. All employees were wearing masks. Onto the grocery store. Big sign requiring masks. All employees wearing masks. Not very busy. Maybe 25% noncompliance, including an off-work employee not wearing a mask.