Page 1477 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 ... LastLast
Results 36,901 to 36,925 of 41810
    No one was forced out. They simply failed to meet one of the requirements for employment.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    "Two weeks after the vaccine mandate for health care workers went into effect, the state’s hospitals have barely felt a pinch"
    https://mynorthwest.com/3213565/hosp...ccine-mandate/

I recall an interview on the local news a few weeks ago with one of the local hospital directors reiterating the points in the article above but also adding that a side benefit of getting rid of unvaxxed healthcare workers is less downtime from employees due to getting covid. So a) no significant impact to service levels and b) improved workforce capacity by reducing extended downtime from employee infections... Sounds like vaccine mandates are horrible /s

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Did someone say there ought to be free in home tests?

Walla Walla County participating in free program promoting home tests for COVID-19

Walla Walla County health officials have given the nod to yet another tool to reduce or avoid high transmission rates of COVID-19.

Dr. Daniel Kaminsky, public health director with the Department of Community Health, said on Monday, Nov. 29, that the county has signed up for the “Say Yes! COVID Test” program that comes via the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other partners.

The program offers — for a limited time — free, at-home test kits sent to people via Amazon, Kaminsky said.
    Okanogan county started offering this a couple weeks ago. My wife and I signed up and it turned out the deal was 4 @ home tests each and each test is a 2 pack so we've got 16 individual tests between the two of us. Hopefully that is enough to get through the rest of the Greek alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    "Two weeks after the vaccine mandate for health care workers went into effect, the state’s hospitals have barely felt a pinch"

I recall an interview on the local news a few weeks ago with one of the local hospital directors reiterating the points in the article above but also adding that a side benefit of getting rid of unvaxxed healthcare workers is less downtime from employees due to getting covid. So a) no significant impact to service levels and b) improved workforce capacity by reducing extended downtime from employee infections... Sounds like vaccine mandates are horrible /s
    and you get rid of idiot obstinate employees by their own choice. My friend who is an anesthesiologist in SLC says any nurse who refuses to get vaxxed should be fired. Bit of a hardliner but ......
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Our ability to render quality care hasn’t changed, it’s just being hindered by unvaccinated Covid patients sucking up resources. This situation hurts some areas more than others. We have lots of patients traveling over the passes to Seattle metro trying to get their elective surgeries and procedures done.

We have a great vaccination rate among staff providing direct patient care close to 100% but our service area is at less than 50% for three counties.

Today’s #s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638387548.667359.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	394820
    There’s 25 total positive patients, 4 unvaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post

Stop making it so easy. From your own article:

"There has been some impact"

“We’ve had a couple hospitals that have had to curtail a service or two, and they’ve been working on getting those patients care elsewhere.”

This mandate negatively affected care. No EO should ever negatively affect patient care or capacity during a pandemic. Here it is, in your article. Thanks!

Dude, you are completely neglecting the fact that unvaccinated people are more likely to require medical care related to Covid and also more likely to spread the disease and affect others. You don't think that affects care? I'd say it affects it a whole lot more and for a longer time span than a few people getting shitcanned because they won't get vaccinated.

Hey Asspen, if by not having the EO many more services were curtailed due to lower vax rates causing higher amounts of staff out, then what is that tradeoff?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    I keep falling into my own logic traps here, and ironically further spinning in circles simultaneously making and criticizing my own point.

Blame the fucked up healthcare system on the overwhelming number of unvaxxed high needs patients that directly and negatively affects both standard of care and capacity for each hospital.

The effect of losing antivaxxers would not be felt at all if it weren't for the antivaxxers.

Ergo the biggest problem is.....antivaxxers
    FIFY

Won’t someone think of the people forced out of jobs for failing to show up on time!?

Asspen lives in a binary world where you only do anything if it’s 100% effective, has zero negative impact or inconvenience.

The hospital is so much better now from a morale standpoint because we don’t have to listen to the handful of anti vaccination coworkers. The ones that didn’t quit are quiet now because they “caved”(their words) and are embarrassed by their own selfish behavior before the mandate. It’s great for morale in that aspect. Still sucks that electives are being adjudicated.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Stop making it so easy. From your own article:

"There has been some impact"

“We’ve had a couple hospitals that have had to curtail a service or two, and they’ve been working on getting those patients care elsewhere.”

This mandate negatively affected care. No EO should ever negatively affect patient care or capacity during a pandemic. Here it is, in your article. Thanks!
    your welcome? (intentionally poor grammar)

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The hospital is so much better now from a morale standpoint because we don’t have to listen to the handful of anti vaccination coworkers.
    I'm willing to wager that workers who hang their hat on being non-compliant are overall negatives to their work environment. Doubly so in a public health setting. I'm sure you can find some brah who is good at shelping shingles up a ladder who is willing to quit over vax, but in a professional setting, I guarantee that these ppl are problem employees in other aspects of their work. The exception is few and far between; HR loves removing this dead wood.

One bad apple, spoils the bunch or something.

Oh this has been a boon for organizations to cut out the difficult high maintenance but hard to fire Karen and Ken employees.

A bet a lot of us were all simultaneously thinking "oh please please please don't cave and get the vaccine yet - instead just GTFO. Get the vaccine on your own time after you've lost your job over owning the libs/Fauci/Biden/science"

You are falling into one of your own logic traps here, and ironically further bolstering my point.

Blaming the shitty state of our fucked up healthcare system (understaffing issues pre-COVID) only affirms my argument that this blanket EO vaccine mandate forced out trained employees (Remember when we call them essential?) in good standing (in the middle of a pandemic) and that negatively affects both standard of care and capacity for each hospital.
    Nope. Through my profession I'm exposed to the ins and outs of healthcare staffing and my wife is an MD with a leadership role within a large system and their issues are not at all related to the tiny percentage they let go who would not get vaccinated. It actually was a good thing to see the door hit them in the ass on the way out.

So do tell me, what is your area of expertise that makes you so certain of your statements?

A troll will tell you they know your job better than you do. They know better the subject matter you studied in order to become an expert. Their instincts guide them better than your experience.

Special one of a kind snowflakes they are. All seeing. All knowing.

Except for when they truly get cornered by their own trolling - like Asspen did in polyass - then they run away and wait it out. Or come to the padded room to find new ground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	642.5 KB 
ID:	394837

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Asspen lives in a binary world where you only do anything if it’s 100% effective, has zero negative impact or inconvenience.

The hospital is so much better now from a morale standpoint because we don’t have to listen to the handful of anti vaccination coworkers. The ones that didn’t quit are quiet now because they “caved”(their words) and are embarrassed by their own selfish behavior before the mandate. It’s great for morale in that aspect. Still sucks that electives are being adjudicated.

Today first words of a european union wide vaccination mandate circulated the news.
    I am happy i dont have to discuss this shit with antivaxxers anymore.

They can discuss this with lawenforcment and later with a judge.

What do i know about medicine....
    Nothing

I am a skibum.... and waxxed ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Nope. Through my profession I'm exposed to the ins and outs of healthcare staffing and my wife is an MD with a leadership role within a large system and their issues are not at all related to the tiny percentage they let go who would not get vaccinated. It actually was a good thing to see the door hit them in the ass on the way out.

So do tell me, what is your area of expertise that makes you so certain of your statements?
    Asspen did his own research! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Okanogan county started offering this a couple weeks ago. My wife and I signed up and it turned out the deal was 4 @ home tests each and each test is a 2 pack so we've got 16 individual tests between the two of us. Hopefully that is enough to get through the rest of the Greek alphabet.
    LOL! Godspeed to you both.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I'm willing to wager that workers who hang their hat on being non-compliant are overall negatives to their work environment. Doubly so in a public health setting. I'm sure you can find some brah who is good at shelping shingles up a ladder who is willing to quit over vax, but in a professional setting, I guarantee that these ppl are problem employees in other aspects of their work. The exception is few and far between; HR loves removing this dead wood.

One bad apple, spoils the bunch or something.
    For real. I really hope Asspenis is independently wealthy or at least owns his own dental practice because I'd feel terrible for his employer.

I’m really waiting for someone to lie they are unvaxxed just to get fired and go on unemployment in Iowa or Florida or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’m really waiting for someone to lie they are unvaxxed just to get fired and go on unemployment in Iowa or Florida or wherever.
    Wouldn't the employer just contest it? Voluntarily choosing not to comply with work requirements...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I know a guy who recently got fired for falsifying his vax card. Young guy, good job, family and a nice house, but a total dumbass. Now a few of his buddies at the same job are refusing to get vaxxed and will be fired as a result. These guys were already punching above their weight in these jobs, and they'll probably not see that kind of money, benefits, etc for many years to come, but at least they didn't submit to getting a vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I know a guy who recently got fired for falsifying his vax card. Young guy, good job, family and a nice house, but a total dumbass. Now a few of his buddies at the same job are refusing to get vaxxed and will be fired as a result. These guys were already punching above their weight in these jobs, and they'll probably not see that kind of money, benefits, etc for many years to come, but at least they didn't submit to getting a vaccine!
    And they're going to blame Biden and the Dems for all of it, everything that has ever and will ever happen to them, without taking a good long look in the mirror. So much for personal responsibility.