Page 820 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 ... LastLast
Results 20,476 to 20,500 of 41810
    sure yer ^^ down thar

I would say nobody will shame you for a mask up here but thats just people I know, i got buddies will try the hug or the shug or shake hands instead I might bang elbows yell out virtual hug and we will all laugh

businesses up here have to comply with guidelines so recently WorkSafeBC toured the town and found all 50 businesses on mainstreet doing the right things so that is the 6ft distancing, plexi sheilds, hand sanitizer on entry & store people wearing masks

most Canadians laugh at trump
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It sounds like the decision to use a mask is politcal down thar ?
    Every decision in the US is apparently political

sure yer ^^ down thar

I would say nobody will shame you for a mask up here but thats just people I know, i got buddies will try the hug or the shug or shake hands instead I might bang elbows yell out virtual hug and we will all laugh

businesses up here have to comply with guidelines so recently WorkSafeBC toured the town and found all 50 businesses on mainstreet doing the right things so that is the 6ft distancing, plexi sheilds, hand sanitizer on entry & store people wearing masks

I thought you guys used the metric system

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I think Buster really meant Cascappalachia, which might as well be West Virginia.
    I'm honored to have increased your vocabulary.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Massholes?
    Actually more concerned about people from further out. Massachusetts has been masking and tracking pretty well.
    Midwest and South are a shitshow.

I pulled up my mask before I passed a man in his 60s and he actually said thank you. He was maskless himself, but at least he understood. This was in Glenwood Springs where mask usage outdoors was nearly nil (I never went inside). Tons of people outside socializing, packed 5 to a car, at least one group of 20 at the rafting take out, zero masks.

In Boulder open space, 95% of hikers, bikers, and runners will have a mask on or pull it up 30-40 feet before crossing paths. Usually some kind of knowing nod is exchanged. Say what you will about boulder, but most people here give a fuck or at least try to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Did you jump over Skagit County Dukes of Hazard style?

Snohomish doesn't look good.
    Attachment 331662

Freakin' Benton-Franklin. I know they are responsible for our rising numbers.

Eastern Washington sees increase in COVID-19—Stop the spread by staying local!

The situation in eastern Washington is of greatest concern in Benton, Franklin, Spokane, and Yakima counties. If COVID-19 continues to spread at its current rate, we will soon see large increases in the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths in these areas. By population, these counties are in a comparable position to King County at its peak in March.

We are continuing to monitor the situation closely, and you can too by checking out the state’s risk assessment dashboard:
    https://coronavirus.wa.gov/what-you-...ment-dashboard

What you can do:
    Limit non-essential travel to counties that are seeing increases in case counts. Avoid traveling across county lines and bringing the virus home with you. Stop the spread by staying local.

#keepW2open #keepwallawallawell
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I pulled up my mask before I passed a man in his 60s and he actually said thank you. He was maskless himself, but at least he understood. This was in Glenwood Springs where mask usage outdoors was nearly nil (I never went inside). Tons of people outside socializing, packed 5 to a car, at least one group of 20 at the rafting take out, zero masks.

In Boulder open space, 95% of hikers, bikers, and runners will have a mask on or pull it up 30-40 feet before crossing paths. Usually some kind of knowing nod is exchanged. Say what you will about boulder, but most people here give a fuck or at least try to.
    True about Boulder. I live across from trails in South Boulder and walk my dog all the time. I feel like an idiot if I space out and forget the mask for a quick spin because everyone has them on outside. Weekends are busy and keep me off the trails, then we just stick to the sidewalks. Stores are pretty much 100% compliance.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Before today I would have agreed re masks on the trails here. But I went for a run and encountered probably 30 people, and only around 5 or so had masks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I walked around Leadville Sunday and even there mask usage was 50/50. I was expecting nil.

We are in bend Oregon for a few weeks and the mask wearing percentages are sure different. I went to get take out this eve, and felt very out of place wearing a mask. (Except for the employees)

I always wear a mask Indoors. Never outside. When I'm outside I'm never near another person except the golf course, where I keep my distance, usually 10+ feet

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    But, fuck man.... People and families that I know.... my friend that works at the hospital, it’s likely that she’ll be treating people that she knows, possibly even friends that have been “doing the right thing” because others are not.

I see people that I know not wearing masks at the stores. I’ve talked to other local friends that are like-minded about these easy preventative measures, and we don’t know what to do. Some friends are small biz owners and are doing the right thing as best as possible, while other are not, likely ruining it for everybody in the longer term.
    It sucks. I'm sorry. Sorry some of my fellow humans are too confused to figure out they must help to snuff out the Covids. Agree some who do the right thing will suffer because of those who don't. Actually, likely all of us will suffer from the continued economic damage - can't see much lasting improvement before cases fall bigly.

Nice sunset tonight. High fog lit up, and a Diablo range lenticular cloud (not sure I've seen one before, snow tomorrow? ). Saw a rattler too. Was not wearing its mask, but it did slither aside to six feet distance. Some things are well in the world.
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 06-16-2020 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Diablo = low elevation coastal range

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Before today I would have agreed re masks on the trails here. But I went for a run and encountered probably 30 people, and only around 5 or so had masks.
    Local paved bike path, I wear a mask and just pull it up around people. But on the single track there's just no use, I and everyone else just try to stay 6'+ apart. I'm breathing way to hard to wear a mask when mountain biking most of the time, but I'm usually on pretty uncrowded trails anyway.

Two very good articles^^^^

Interesting piece on PBS last night--a guy has organized a list of 25,000 people willing to be vaccinated and then exposed deliberately to the virus. One concerned raised--testing the vaccine on young healthy people which the volunteers are does not tell you if it works on high risk people.

This is an excellent interview with the CEO of Moderna, a company developing a vaccine, that I caught on Bloomberg yesterday. Straightfoward, simple questions we all have about the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Local paved bike path, I wear a mask and just pull it up around people. But on the single track there's just no use, I and everyone else just try to stay 6'+ apart. I'm breathing way to hard to wear a mask when mountain biking most of the time, but I'm usually on pretty uncrowded trails anyway.
    I agree re path and mt biking. It's simply too hard and unrealistic to pull the mask up, so I just try to keep my distance and try to ride trails that have less people. But hiking, it's pretty easy to have a mask around your neck and pull it up when you get near people. Last time I was out on this trail, maybe 7-10 days ago, that's what almost everyone was doing. Yesterday, I was one of the only people doing that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Interesting that while new cases in the US have basically been stable deaths keep falling. Lot of possibilities--better medical care (but I haven't heard of any big breakthroughs--the dexamethasone thing wouldn't be enough), virus mutated to a weaker strain, behavioral change means people getting lower innoculum of virus (that's my hypothesis), virus has run out of highly susceptible people to infect and newer cases have better innate immunity or partially protective antibodies from exposure to other coronaviruses. Or maybe the deaths haven't caught up to the cases, but the cases have been stable long enough that I would expect the deaths to stop falling by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    so let's have a rally. indoors!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I agree re path and mt biking. It's simply too hard and unrealistic to pull the mask up, so I just try to keep my distance and try to ride trails that have less people. But hiking, it's pretty easy to have a mask around your neck and pull it up when you get near people. Last time I was out on this trail, maybe 7-10 days ago, that's what almost everyone was doing. Yesterday, I was one of the only people doing that.
    The ft article benny just posted says masks not necessary on trails. Certainly no harm in wearing.