Page 888 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 ... LastLast
Results 22,176 to 22,200 of 41810
    I think “we” should draft up glademaster’s email.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Recording a conversation without consent is a misdemeanor. But you can video, without audio, all you want without consent. And even if you record audio without consent, whichever prosecutor who has jurisdiction over you WILL NOT be prosecuting you for a crime for a exposing mask violation. I could see if you lived in Florida or Texas that you would be afraid to speak up. But you live in Western Washington. Ratting out your superiors for not following the mask law is grounds for a promotion here. If they retaliate against you get Danny Westneat at the Seattle Times to do a front page expose, and retire young off your settlement proceeds. Not taking COVID seriously may be a thing throughout the US but not for the vast majority in Western WA, and the politicians realize this. And the republican city you work for is rapidly becoming a blue city, like the rest of the Seattle suburbs.
    Hopefully, there will be enough people left to seat a jury by the time that hits court.
    Take a good offer and bolt.

I appreciate the input from everyone, even TGR's very own Ralph Wiggum, Core Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I appreciate the input from everyone, even TGR's very own Ralph Wiggum, Core Shot.
    Seriously though. It's apparent that place could give 2 shits about its employees or their health and well being. I, personally, would be looking for other work, in addition to some of the above mentioned reporting. Fuck places that don't care about the people who actually make the business run.

Good luck, and I second no shitting on bosses desk. While likely very funny, the state won't like it come unemployment time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Recording a conversation without consent is a misdemeanor. But you can video, without audio, all you want without consent. And even if you record audio without consent, whichever prosecutor who has jurisdiction over you WILL NOT be prosecuting you for a crime for a exposing mask violation. I could see if you lived in Florida or Texas that you would be afraid to speak up. But you live in Western Washington. Ratting out your superiors for not following the mask law is grounds for a promotion here. If they retaliate against you get Danny Westneat at the Seattle Times to do a front page expose, and retire young off your settlement proceeds. Not taking COVID seriously may be a thing throughout the US but not for the vast majority in Western WA, and the politicians realize this. And the republican city you work for is rapidly becoming a blue city, like the rest of the Seattle suburbs.
    Altasnob knows his shit.

The slightest push back against you doing this pretty much gets you early retirement $$$

Shoot him or me a pm if you you need any assistance with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Trying to work out protocols for a 5 day sleepover with the grandkids. The Boys From Tacoma, 8&10. WFH Liberal educated parents, their exposure has been low. First thought is exhaust fan in their BR. Intake fan in ours. Masks for all in the car. Lots of hikes and bikes. Put me on the cautious end of the spectrum. Grandma would die for a hug.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This reminds me of that experience watching some white asshole that probably had too much to drink and had serious sociopathic tendencies walk up to a homeless person on Sixth Ave. and tell the poor soul to "go home!".
    He said there was an option to work at home, hence my comment Eeyore. Just think back to your days at SI about how many of your coworkers would have loved to work from home to avoid ever seeing you. Nevermind the bankers on the train.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Dammit! I live in the middle of nowhere, work in the middle of nowhere, been limiting my trips to town for groceries, keeping my distance, etc. There’s usually just 3 or 4 of us in the office this time of year and it’s a big building, so we can easily keep our distance. Just found out the one employee that I predicted would bring this to our facility is getting tested today because her boyfriend tested positive. I just knew she’d probable bring it to us!!!! She’s in her 20s, didn’t seem to be taking this too seriously and travels back and forth to the Twin Falls area, which is a hotspot in the state. Dammit! Covid countdown begins. They told her she’d have the test results in 1 to 10 days.

@wooley, is there any way you or them could sleep in an RV, trailer, popup, tent, etc? If so, that takes care of one third of the time. Another third could be filled with outdoor activities, and the remaining third, masks and social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    That would disqualify you from unemployment eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Having contested an unemployment case. I disagree. Most times I don’t care. But I had a whiny man bitch tell me that if I agreed to let him quit uncontested so he could collect, and be a stay at home mom, while his wife worked as an investment banker, I said fuck you. He called the cops. And quit.
    I had three other witnesses to this sham threat.

He won his funenjoyment.

I don’t bother anymore.

He should have dropped a steamy deuce on my desk.
    Way more assertive. And he still would have collected
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Trying to work out protocols for a 5 day sleepover with the grandkids. The Boys From Tacoma, 8&10. WFH Liberal educated parents, their exposure has been low. First thought is exhaust fan in their BR. Intake fan in ours. Masks for all in the car. Lots of hikes and bikes. Put me on the cautious end of the spectrum. Grandma would die for a hug.
    If a quick turnaround on test results is possible, have the parents get tested before the kids visit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    So, does this fall under the idea that this is more a vascular virus than respiratory? I was reading an article yesterday about how the virus is found in endothelial cells throughout the body that was kind of interesting.
    Well, it does to me, but I'm kinda biased. But IMO it's both. From what I can gather, SARS CoV2 utilizes ACE2 binding to gain access to respiratory nasopharyngeal and pulmonary epithelial cells as a means of host entry (really nice Cell article here).

Once successful and replicating in the host, my guess is that via circulatory spread, SARS CoV2 can gain entry and affect other endothelial cells expressing ACE2 within the vasculature. Once ensconced (total conjecture here) the virus elicits (perhaps inadvertantly, and likely due to host immune genetic factors) an autoimmune response whereby antiphospholipid antibodies participate an interferon- and interleukin- signaling feedback loop as part of the "cytokine storm" that promotes NET formation at the endothelial surface (i.e. the article beaterdit cites) and subsequent immune mediated thrombosis (clotting). The thrombosis can be widespread, and can cause heart attacks, strokes, lung and kidney failure, and even limb ischemia as appears to have happened to Cordero.

I'd also like a shout out to the muhfreedumbz snowflakes who were so highly offended that I had followed our institutional preferred nomenclature regarding Spanish-speaking persons of Mexican, Central and South American and Caribbean descent. So kind of y'all to to whitesplain the egregious faux pas I had made, and stand up for your Latino/Latina/Hispanic brethern. I found it particularly amusing seeing MontuckyFried channeling the indignation of his inner mujeres.

LO fukkin L

edit to add Mexico, duh. Gotta make sure I keep my SJW bonafides.
    Last edited by Tri-Ungulate; 07-07-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    @wooley, is there any way you or them could sleep in an RV, trailer, popup, tent, etc? If so, that takes care of one third of the time. Another third could be filled with outdoor activities, and the remaining third, masks and social distancing.
    I feel confident that positive pressure in my br and negative pressure in the guest room across the hall will negate any long term exposure to aerosol borne cooties from getting me. Outdoors play for sure. Fan in the widow of the den for movie watching. Trick is to do it without spooking the kids. Keep it light but keep it real.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Having contested an unemployment case. I disagree. Most times I don’t care. But I had a whiny man bitch tell me that if I agreed to let him quit uncontested so he could collect, and be a stay at home mom, while his wife worked as an investment banker, I said fuck you. He called the cops. And quit.
    I had three other witnesses to this sham threat.

He won his funenjoyment.

I don’t bother anymore.

He should have dropped a steamy deuce on my desk.
    Way more assertive. And he still would have collected
    Yea, he said / she said scenarios usually the tie goes to the employee.

Taking a steamy dump on a desk or punching your boss in the face I guarantee you won’t qualify unless the claim manager fucks up.

I’ve had an employee take a dump on the floor, fired him and denied his unemployment.

Documentation documentation documentation my friend.

^^ worthless without pictures?

Badge swipe records and security cameras are quite helpful.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    He said there was an option to work at home, hence my comment Eeyore. Just think back to your days at SI about how many of your coworkers would have loved to work from home to avoid ever seeing you. Nevermind the bankers on the train.
    Do you even have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I support opening the schools in the fall and am beginning to fall into the "protect the vulnerable, test, contact trace and contain" mindset. Maybe that is wrong, but every other option is feeling pretty hopeless at this point.
    In France, where i and my kids are now, the schools opened already, but at much reduced capacity.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    In France, where i and my kids are now, the schools opened already, but at much reduced capacity.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 1.00.05 AM.png
Views: 529
Size:  30.0 KB

Maybe the French could send help. We're losing a war over here, bigly

Name:  Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 1.00.50 AM.png
Views: 543
Size:  31.9 KB
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Great.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Do you even have a job?
    Yup, finished this remodel last week. Was supposed to start my next door neighbors kitchen on Monday but his kid and fiancé decided they wanted another week of remote working before returning to their tiny Brooklyn apt.

I don't live to work, adjusted my life to do the things I love a long time ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200511_084244.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	778.4 KB 
ID:	333969

Name:	20200702_144330.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	627.5 KB 
ID:	333973

Name:	20200708_083847.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	694.7 KB 
ID:	333975

Name:	20200708_083519.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	650.8 KB 
ID:	333977

Name:	20200708_104307.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	623.4 KB 
ID:	333978
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vXs-RO8YrbKPB8

A big beautiful wall

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...a-us-1.5640734

"" Polls suggest Canadians are worried about the situation in the U.S. A Nanos Research survey for the Globe and Mail found that 81 per cent of Canadians polled want the border with the United States to stay closed for the "foreseeable future."

Léger finds that 86 per cent of Canadians reject the idea of re-opening the border at the end of July, as is currently planned (although the border closures have been renewed and extended repeatedly in the past). Remarkably, 71 per cent of Canadians "strongly disagreed" with a re-opening of the border, suggesting a firmly held opinion ""
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-08-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know