Page 352 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I stole this:
    Attachment 322462
    I think the same could go for widespread testing.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Montana to Shelter in Place starting Saturday, sort of.

We have been in the shit for maybe 21 days now. In the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, America was in the shit for about 2.5 years before it was starting to be clear that we would eventually prevail.

Fucking America is such a bunch of pussies now.
    so I can sort of fishwithharry
    whats "sort of" entitle
    would their be a "sort of" veteran helping veteran healing waters in times of trouble exemption?
    im starting to believe the media is some of your most essential service right now and zero chance of unplugging for 24
    and im dipping out again for 48
    stay safe
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I will tell you from experience that I don't think what they did was a bad thing at all. Watching someone awkwardly lay down in a hospital struggle with O2 for a week and finally get on a vent is not an easy task, especially when you are sitting right next to them. My guess is that, especially now, it's better to intubate immediately (and that is not a pleasant thing for anyone) and see if they and her can get to recovery, then risk a longer stay, and an even more painful outcome. I know, it fucking sucks. But, I'd rather have my Mom hooked up then watch a struggling decline. You are in my thoughts. Stay strong and breakdown when you need to. And not to be a smack in your face, but make sure things are in order immediately.
    The issue is one of potentially causing spread due to aerosolization with positive pressure ventilation and no secure airway.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Social distancing works in the Wasatch. I was at least 60 ft away when my buddy blew past me yesterday, deep in the white room yesterday. Pow in your face has antiseptic qualities!!! After this line he was cured of corona. 10/10 would recommend!

Greatest quarantine ever!
    And let me tell you I know all about quarantines....
    You know our quarantines are so much better than CHINA quarintines....
    Name:  VideoCapture_20200326-203737.jpeg
Views: 604
Size:  65.9 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Covfefe 19 is the greatest Covfefe! And I know because I have an uncle who knows the guy who invented Twitter!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    soooo, i'm not sure how this works. my mom has not been doing well, in Sacramento. She lives with my brother. She's 80 and in poor health, but has been deteriorating quickly over the last three days (not eating, or getting out of bed. now getting bed sores). I talked to her three days ago and she was bright and as lucid as she can be these days. She went to the emergency room this morning. Despite her being conscious and responsive, since her breath was shallow and oxygen was low they immediately intubated her and she is now ventilated. I spoke with intensivist this afternoon and she said other less invasive methods would have been normally exhausted first but their protocol now is straight to the ventilator. The impression i got was that she was not happy with this. It also seems counterintuitive unless the idea is to use the vents now since they are still available as opposed to stringing things out with her and putting her on the vent later.
    She does not have any symptoms that would indicate covid, or even a cold or flu. She did have shortness of breath but was at the point where she needs oxygen supplemental on a regular basis before all this.
    Its a sad day but one we have known was coming. I do think the difference in care due to what's going on is fairly striking.
    Vibes man. My mother had a fever yesterday. Scary though.

Boris Johnson has coronavirus... taking it on the chin.

Vibes PowDork. That sucks man.

Nutmeg, hope you’re doing better.

KQ- you’re missed

Coyotes are being seen on the empty streets of San Francisco
    https://www.sfgate.com/living-in-sf/...photo-19216689

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Anyone have a 3D printer? Bust that baby out and start printing masks.

https://www.3dnatives.com/en/3d-prin...ors-200320204/
    Cool respirator design contest in that link. Kinda sad if immediate crowd-sourced R&D for local production anywhere in the world can be bought for CAD$200k while GM negotiates in the billions to retool a plant to make 10^5 respirators. Maybe the Looney is worth more than they say?

Anyone have filters for those masks? The best filament is as rare as TP now and the masks really should be custom designed for the wearer. Hubei Province funded a little research on that in 2018. I expect we'll have some face scans and models on file for next time, but it's not a "push print" solution yet.

But if anyone needs an unsealed face shield LMK. I'm planning to tweak a design for use with 3-hole punched transparencies and should make a couple over the weekend. Other parts shortages?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Best data on hospitalization, ICU admission and death by age in the US.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.21.16 AM.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	322468

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Do you have any farm animals that depend on you?
    dick post reply move asswhiper bump
    sure hopes we can have nice things back when this shits over
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Mentioned earlier in thread, but thought to repeat. Ibuprofen appears to have a strong link to worsening the condition. If you become ill discontinue its use.

This is like wearing a really really big Oakley lens.

https://www.dezeen.com/2020/02/26/su...ection-shield/

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Best data on hospitalization, ICU admission and death by age in the US.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.21.16 AM.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	322468
    Fuug

Do not like...

Source? That data is 10 days old. I wonder how much it’s changed..but I do know that in my county it’s 21% hospitalized.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Mentioned earlier in thread, but thought to repeat. Ibuprofen appears to have a strong link to worsening the condition. If you become ill discontinue its use.
    Maybe not..

https://apple.news/Ak6QDVS1iR4-jPtIuJAG0Eg

Two weeks ago, national and world health authorities—and armchair experts and worried well-meaning people—were warning anyone concerned about Covid-19 to avoid ibuprofen. Now, facing contradictory evidence, they’ve backed off that claim.

Nice needed stoke Happytimefunbox......much needed

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Really? What link? Show us the link!

All I’ve seen is speculation and a liberal use of the old jump to conclusions mat.
    focus.

Attn armchair epidemiologists: https://slate.com/technology/2020/03...ronavirus.html

Hope our corona’d mags are feeling better....

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Thanks, I had a forwarded video via pm quoting a Harvard medical doctor I have no way of knowing how to imbed. Since there are easy alternatives I would rather not take the chance

Self Quarantine Day 13.
    COVID-19 Day 12.

Boyfriend started feeling better and started working from home again after a week of bed rest.
    He's on day 16th, so it took good two weeks to turn things around.

My fever's hovering around 99F rather than 100F.
    Body aches, headaches are slightly better as well.
    Yesterday started having coughing fits out of nowhere which made me nervous.
    Took a MucineX DM and it kicked in right away.
    Today, coughs are gone.

March 14th, the day we got tested there were only 61 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in New York State.
    As of March 26th, 12 days later there are 37,258 confirmed cases and 385 deaths.

Be back to report in 2-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    March 14th, the day we got tested there were only 61 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in New York State.
    As of March 26th, 12 days later there are 37,258 confirmed cases and 385 deaths.
    That stat is terrifying. Glad you guys are feeling better. Might have to add some Mucinex to the emergency stash

Self Quarantine Day 13.
    COVID-19 Day 12.

Boyfriend started feeling better and started working from home again after a week of bed rest.
    He's on day 16th, so it took good two weeks to turn things around.

My fever's hovering around 99F rather than 100F.
    Body aches, headaches are slightly better as well.
    Yesterday started having coughing fits out of nowhere which made me nervous.
    Took a MucineX DM 8pm and it worked right away.
    Today, coughs are gone.

No joke. Hang tough. Thanks for the update.

Where you think you caught it? I know you travel and go out a lot but curious if you can isolate the source.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Coyotes are being seen on the empty streets of San Francisco
    https://www.sfgate.com/living-in-sf/...photo-19216689

San Francisco is finally looking like a "All Over Coffee" panel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+...wKC8h38DUmdQQM

This link is a worthy rabbit hole if you're needing it.