Page 1428 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 ... LastLast
Results 35,676 to 35,700 of 41810
    Can someone tell me what it means for mask wearing once a state fully opens?

Is it over? Are we declaring it done?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I think it depends on the state and what guidance they put forward. In Washington, it's not clear what that will mean. The latest I could find from about a month ago stated we could be fully open by June 30 or potentially sooner if we reach 70% vaccination for all eligible. But it doesn't remove the State of Emergency and doesn't address masks other than to say that fully vaccinated people won't have to wear masks in most situations, leaving it to the independent operators to determine their own criteria, just as it is right now. So, my suspicion is that venues will be open and mask wearing will be required for non-vaccinated people, like the operators will know... Once the State of Emergency is lifted, I would assume that's the declaration that it's over but I don't know that anyone can really answer what that will mean, exactly.

The venn diagram of unvaccinated and unmasked is just one circle.

State of emergency expired in VT. But we have an executive order that does? Something?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I think it depends on the state and what guidance they put forward. In Washington, it's not clear what that will mean. The latest I could find from about a month ago stated we could be fully open by June 30 or potentially sooner if we reach 70% vaccination for all eligible. But it doesn't remove the State of Emergency and doesn't address masks other than to say that fully vaccinated people won't have to wear masks in most situations, leaving it to the independent operators to determine their own criteria, just as it is right now. So, my suspicion is that venues will be open and mask wearing will be required for non-vaccinated people, like the operators will know... Once the State of Emergency is lifted, I would assume that's the declaration that it's over but I don't know that anyone can really answer what that will mean, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The venn diagram of unvaccinated and unmasked is just one circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    State of emergency expired in VT. But we have an executive order that does? Something?
    Yeah.... it's the great unknown unless you don't care.

Out running errands the other day there were several stores where I was the only one wearing a mask out of many patrons and staff (Washington & Oregon). Felt kinda silly and the looks I got weren't kind.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Out running errands the other day there were several stores where I was the only one wearing a mask out of many patrons and staff (Washington & Oregon). Felt kinda silly and the looks I got weren't kind.
    Mask usage here is directly proportional to distance from the city center. Downtown, people (mostly young women) still walk around outdoors with masks on. Out in the county, mask usage indoors is somewhere around 60/40, and outdoors close to zero.

It depends. Here in VT the governor was clear that as the order expired we are back to where we were pre-pandemic with zero restrictions or requirements. He was also clear that businesses could require masks if they wanted too, equated it to requiring shirts and shoes. Guess it depends on the business.

Stopped at the liquor store the other day. Had my mask on but when I got to the door their sign said no mask if you’re vaccinated. I kept mine on because it was already on. For some reason while browsing the beer cooler, I had a wicked coughing fit. Couldn’t believe how fast the unmasked/vaccinated people nearby suddenly disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    For some reason while browsing the beer cooler, I had a wicked coughing fit. Couldn’t believe how fast the unmasked/vaccinated people nearby suddenly disappeared!
    lol. I'm going to employ that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    lol. I'm going to employ that strategy.
    That does sound less socially awkward. I was thinking I need to learn to take the surly look and passive aggressive comment as an invitation to talk about cancer. I don't like talking about cancer, maybe I don't quite hate it, but then maybe I do.

But the awkwardness seems worth it sometimes: I was in So UT last week for a lecture on how the Governor hadn't required masks since April 10 and my nose started bleeding in three places just thinking about taking it off and sucking in a sinus full of desert dust. Some people would stand bare-faced on the surface of the moon if the Governor weighed in.

Around here Safeway and Mountain Hardware and Wells Fargo have taken down mask signs. Usage at the first two is about 50% with all employees still wearing. (CalOsha is expected to lift the requirement for employees effective June 24). Panda Express is still wear a mask but has opened 50% indoor dining (the state says 100% ok). I don't know what it looks like inside the bank--I prefer to wait for a drive thru ATM behind a guy taking out a loan. (Actually, Truckee WF doesn't have a drive thru--just walk up ATM's inside the first front door.) I expect things to change frequently as time goes on. I have no problem with what's going on --I realize that DQ's me from posting in this thread. If there is another surge things will get interesting.

I went into a gas station mini-mart yesterday and most of the other customers inside weren't masked. That's pretty much a first as far as I can tell. Haven't seen mostly unmasked customers in a store since, oh, back when Covid was spreading like crazy and I was gassing up in Redding on the way to Shasta.

Jon Stewart's bit there was kind of interesting and unexpected, if a bit lacking in context. Whatever you think about the likelihood of the lab leak scenario, it does beg the question, is it possible that scientists would ever create and experiment with something that has the potential to unintentionally kill a lot of people, just for the pursuit of knowledge prestige and grant money; if you're being honest the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Around here Safeway and Mountain Hardware and Wells Fargo have taken down mask signs. Usage at the first two is about 50% with all employees still wearing. (CalOsha is expected to lift the requirement for employees effective June 24). Panda Express is still wear a mask but has opened 50% indoor dining (the state says 100% ok). I don't know what it looks like inside the bank--I prefer to wait for a drive thru ATM behind a guy taking out a loan. (Actually, Truckee WF doesn't have a drive thru--just walk up ATM's inside the first front door.) I expect things to change frequently as time goes on. I have no problem with what's going on --I realize that DQ's me from posting in this thread. If there is another surge things will get interesting.
    I’ve been in a variety of indoor spaces in the past week or two. Hardly anyone is still wearing a mask around here.

It was the drive up teller not ATM and the dude sent the carrier back three times during the 20min transaction. I'd say that is excessive esp. when the lobby is open for business.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

“Our” entire county is about 45% vaxed (whole population). I suspect that your side, east county has higher % than my side, west county.

Tractor supply on my side: nobody (including employees) was wearing a mask except for my boy and me.

Food co-op on my side: all employees wearing masks and about 80% of customers wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I went into a gas station mini-mart yesterday and most of the other customers inside weren't masked. That's pretty much a first as far as I can tell. Haven't seen mostly unmasked customers in a store since, oh, back when Covid was spreading like crazy and I was gassing up in Redding on the way to Shasta.

Jon Stewart's bit there was kind of interesting and unexpected, if a bit lacking in context. Whatever you think about the likelihood of the lab leak scenario, it does beg the question, is it possible that scientists would ever create and experiment with something that has the potential to unintentionally kill a lot of people, just for the pursuit of knowledge prestige and grant money; if you're being honest the answer is yes.
    Jon's bit was pure sarcasm. The name of the lab is; Wuhan Institute of Virology

It was a comedy bit

I'm past 2 weeks since 2nd jab. I feel naked going into a store sans mask

The vaccinated folks at my employer will get an exemption to our mask mandate starting 6/21. We had to upload a pic of our vaccine card to our HR system then we get to wear a special badge!

You need to inform your HR that the vaccine 5G micro-chips are more secure than transferable badges.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    You need to inform your HR that the vaccine 5G micro-chips are more secure than transferable badges.
    HR said the badge was just a visual reminder for the 5G microchip deniers. Just covering all bases to protect the company.

So I was thinking on my run just now - if they aren't putting microchips in people then how do we explain the global microchip shortage affecting everything from PS5s to Dodge Rams? That's right - YOU CAN'T. There aren't any microchips left for stuff because THEY'RE ALL GOING IN TO PEOPLE NOW.

This shit is crazy - wake up sheeple.

^ are you related to Tucker Carlson?

^ are you related to Tucker Carlson?
    Never ate a "Hungry Man" dinner in my life.

We covered this before but there are NO microchips in any of the vaccines, they are way too big to pass thru the needle.

We have to use nanochips instead, but it takes somewhere between 100 and 1,000 of them to get similar 5G as the microchip implants.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We covered this before but there are NO microchips in any of the vaccines, they are way too big to pass thru the needle.

We have to use nanochips instead, but it takes somewhere between 100 and 1,000 of them to get similar 5G as the microchip implants.

besides its ^^ unnecessary becuz bill gates already sold you one for 1000$

and you are addicted to it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Can you explain how they are coordinated after injection? Is that why they have to be magnetic?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/jun-...ines-1.6061099

how they^^ delivered the vax eh

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/mar-...ible-1.5955279

how they ^^made it SO fast, maybe if the mouth breathers had read this they would get the vax ?
    or more likley they would just say its a conspiracy

its all in Canadian so hope its understandable
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know