Page 862 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 ... LastLast
Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 41810
    The predominant strain of COV-SARS-2 in Europe and the US is a mutation that may make the virus more infectious.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...e/?arc404=true
    So I guess it's not the Chinese virus any more. We'll have to call it the New York virus, or in honor of NY's most famous (ex)president--the Trump virus.

Edit--I meant (ex)resident. Freudian slip I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Why the fuck do they ignore social distancing then? At the post office, there are x’s on the floor telling you where to stand. Put on a mask, I guess they could give a fuck.

That’s the problem with America. People just give a fuck about themselves. There are no real, centralized, instructions coming from health departments. Put a mask on everyone, and we’re still fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I hope you're equally annoyed that we've focused on increased testing in the US, but completely ignored contact tracing.

Why the fuck do they ignore social distancing then? At the post office, there are x’s on the floor telling you where to stand. Put on a mask, I guess they could give a fuck.

That’s the problem with America. People just give a fuck about themselves. There are no real, centralized, instructions coming from health departments. Put a mask on everyone, and we’re still fucked.
    Have you tried this with a mask on your face? And if so, was it a Darth Vader mask? If not, you're really not doing your part. Step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's real easy to forget whether you're in the America Burning thread or the bat flu thread. All the usual suspects posting all the usual shit in both. (Guilty as charged.)
    Re: Science -Sorry if I missed your input on this, I’d like to hear your thoughts. Can you catch a common cold or flu from surface contact that turns into a respiratory illness?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Hey since we’re talkin science and gut instincts here.
    I’d be very happy if it proved to be true that surface contact transmission wasn’t such a problem. I’d gladly raise my hand and say that whole washing the groceries thing was over precautious, no need to do that any more. Cardboard boxes from Amazon? Who cares. No real harm no foul. Some extra effort and energy but oh well.
    But it just doesn’t seem logical. I saw a guy in the store today, no mask, do a full runny nose wipe with both sides of his hand, and then open a cooler door.

So the latest is that even if he was slimy with covid, and you knowingly touched that cooler door a couple minutes after, the chances of you getting it on your wallet and steering wheel and jeans and phone and doorknobs are nil? Because I thought that’s how the regular flu and colds spread? So if not, no contact spreading, only aerosol, why wash hands? Why hand santitizer? Also not needed?

Regular colds and flu’s produce lung ailments,
    Respiratory problems. And covid produces those, and also blood and brain and skin problems.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    There is not enough lsd being consumed these days.
    Send some my way buttah, I’ll get high and pretend we’re riding together. Let’s spread the love. I’m sick of all the hate in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Did deebased just equate Karen to the N word?

See that is how we know it is working to piss off entitled white people.

Oh how the right wing have turned into the snowflakes they claimed the rest of us to be. Probably my favorite thing of 2020

Stereotyping is stereotyping.

Creating new racist epithets don't help to build the equality that we're out marching for.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Stereotyping is stereotyping.

Creating new racist epithets don't help to build the equality that we're out marching for.
    ‘We’? Something tells me you’re probably not out there.

And I agree with Buttah.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    There is not enough lsd being consumed these days.
    I'm gonna to have to nut-punch myself for this, however, you are correct.

so we’re all going for a group ride next april 19?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

What’s your stance here? I don’t agree with the second paragraph. It exposed Huff as a self absorbed, ignorant asshole. That should have been obvious to people since he was a pro baseball player.

I'm just going to leave this here...

"Mr. Scott said that for young people, getting tested has become an amusing pastime. They challenge each other to see who can get the nasal swab test without crying. About half of his fraternity has tested positive.

“We’re seeing positive, positive, positive, positive,” he said. “My generation says: ‘Let’s get this over with. Let’s suck it up for two weeks, sit in our rooms, play video games, play with our phones, finish online classes, and it’s over.”

Mr. Scott barely felt sick, and was fine by the time the test results came back. "

Sounds easy-breezy for college kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What’s your stance here? I don’t agree with the second paragraph. It exposed Huff as a self absorbed, ignorant asshole. That should have been obvious to people since he was a pro baseball player.

I was suggesting mask wearing was good in March.
    Infringement of rights is fucking moronic.
    But, don’t have time to read the whole article, Atlantic’s are usually long. Leaving the house in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    "Mr. Scott said that for young people, getting tested has become an amusing pastime. They challenge each other to see who can get the nasal swab test without crying. About half of his fraternity has tested positive.

“We’re seeing positive, positive, positive, positive,” he said. “My generation says: ‘Let’s get this over with. Let’s suck it up for two weeks, sit in our rooms, play video games, play with our phones, finish online classes, and it’s over.”

Mr. Scott barely felt sick, and was fine by the time the test results came back. "

Sounds easy-breezy for college kids.
    I call bullshit. They don't stay home for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    so we’re all going for a group ride next april 19?
    April 19?

Remind me again which part of the constitution abrogates business owners' private property rights?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Send some my way buttah, I’ll get high and pretend we’re riding together. Let’s spread the love. I’m sick of all the hate in this country.

There are people who’ve take acid and people who haven’t.

It re-wires your brain a bit and easy to tell the people apart for me.

We all need our brains re-wired at the moment.

And people with masks, who presumably wear them first for their own protection, have no problem walking right up to me.
    disagree. unless you have the N95's, masks generally aren't going to do shit for you but for me, its more about the people who i come in contact with. the old lady checking you out at the grocery store or the 19 year old at 7/11 who's checking out a shit ton of unmasked peeps per hour.

[QUOTE=Cono Este;6015704] I just picked up a check from my bank, and the guy dons a mask, comes outside, and walks to within 12 inches of me. I put up my hand, and it makes no difference. /QUOTE]

agree. just because you have a mask on, doesn't mean social distancing goes out the window but i am seeing it more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Oh, I’ve had more than my share.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

How about mushrooms? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I call bullshit. They don't stay home for 2 weeks.
    ha, true

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Remind me again which part of the constitution abrogates business owners' private property rights?

Go ahead and expound upon your premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    How about mushrooms?
    mushrooms are highly recommended, especially for outdoor activities and of course sex. just make sure you eat them incrementally. if you're drinking, remember plenty of water b/c if you just drink beer, you'll be sorry...

The problem these days, as always, is selfish, childish, stupid behavior. Acid doesnt fix that. Did you ever go to a Dead concert? You want to live with those people 24/7?