Page 1128 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 ... LastLast
Results 28,176 to 28,200 of 41810
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

a buddy tells me her god son in Britain ( an MD ) was infected twice, I've been just assuming there is no herd immunity
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    so maybe trump?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Crossing fingers. Can’t believe that fatfuck got off so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah but no.

Was in MT in July. Never got it, never gave it, never had it, took precautions.

Most people in MT on the other hand were not taking precautions. Few masks, eating gill to gill in restaurants, generally being Trumpers.

Generally this.

Lotta caution fatigue around the state, even in more liberal places like Missoula. Kids are back in school, and its cooling down outside. Doubtful that things are going to go into lockdown anyway, so kind of a natural outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    a buddy tells me her god son in Britain ( an MD ) was infected twice, I've been just assuming there is no herd immunity
    Just pointing out that neither herd immunity nor getting infected twice negate the other.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/oxfor...ause-1.5717719

Trials paused due to side effects
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Blinded so it's not clear if it's in the treatment or control arm.

Do they seriously not have a way to unblind one participant to some unrelated party who could determine whether it matters?

^^^^ that is what they're doing now, and why the trial is being paused.

Sorry ... I thought that was obvious. Yes, they will unblind and investigate in order to address the FDA hold.

I'm sure someone in the study knows if the sick party was in the control arm or not. I wouldn't expect that information to be made public. My guess is that it was a vaccinated subject. I don't think they would have paused the study if it had been a control subject. But I haven't reviewed the study protocol.

In a study like this there would normally be people who assess the subjects; if someone gets Covid they would have to assess how serious the case was without knowing if the person is a control or not. Other people who aren't involved in assessing patients would be able to unblind if necessary.
    I would also think that there were would be planned unblinding at various stages in the study to detect significant results sooner than expected.

If anyone is familiar with the protocol, please correct me.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Weird to see Montana as one of the recent hot-spots, given that the state had one of the cleanest Covid records in the country for most of the pandemic until recently.
    I saw it coming this spring, economy reopened right in time for tourist season (what a nice safe place for a vacation), plus the conservative doubters thinking it was over, as well as complacency of bored people who wanted to get out and do something. I had conversations with coworkers about it, and it's playing out predictably. Our housing market has been hot, what a great place to telecommute from. Sigh. 56 new cases since yesterday in Missoula County.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    that's great. won't get any Trumpers to wear masks though.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    that's great. won't get any Trumpers to wear masks though.
    Srsly.

The most recent reason I saw was that, for one individual, the mask caused "a misalignment within"...

WTF does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly.

The most recent reason I saw was that, for one individual, the mask caused "a misalignment within"...

WTF does that even mean?
    The mask gets in the way of getting Trump's dick in their mouth

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Woman in my Mom’s condo complex may have Covid. Mid-80’s. Wisconsin. Gets together every weekend with her daughter who flies every week for business.... Both have fever, lost taste & smell.

When I was there in June she (the woman) told me she did not mask when her daughter visits “because airplanes are very safe”. I rolled my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

My father in law was apparently exposed a week and a half ago by an aide that works part time at the place he lives. They didn't find out until Thursday so they isolated and tested him but the results aren't back yet so he's been sitting in his room alone except for when they come in to give him his meds and food. They come in in full PPE from head to toe, do what they have to do and leave right away with nothing more than cursory conversation. For a 94 year old guy with severe dementia this is devastating. He's been fading away faster than the last few years put together and when we spoke to him a little while ago he cried and begged us to get him out of there. This may be the final straw that puts him over the edge and we'll be forced to put him in the locked "memory care" unit and it really sucks because there are so many things wrong with those units and we won't be able to visit him anymore other than through a window. We may have to move him into our house which would truly suck, 5 people and one bathroom doesn't work well in the best of circumstances and when one has to live on the couch it ruins everyones quality of life. It also means we can never leave to do things together as a family because either me or my wife have to be here with him all the time including sleeping where we can hear him so he doesn't walk out like he did last time he lived here. We're not medical care people and honestly I don't have the patience to deal with it 24/7. This sux

That does suck, man. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly.

WTF does that even mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    My father in law was apparently exposed a week and a half ago by an aide that works part time at the place he lives. They didn't find out until Thursday so they isolated and tested him but the results aren't back yet so he's been sitting in his room alone except for when they come in to give him his meds and food. They come in in full PPE from head to toe, do what they have to do and leave right away with nothing more than cursory conversation. For a 94 year old guy with severe dementia this is devastating. He's been fading away faster than the last few years put together and when we spoke to him a little while ago he cried and begged us to get him out of there. This may be the final straw that puts him over the edge and we'll be forced to put him in the locked "memory care" unit and it really sucks because there are so many things wrong with those units and we won't be able to visit him anymore other than through a window. We may have to move him into our house which would truly suck, 5 people and one bathroom doesn't work well in the best of circumstances and when one has to live on the couch it ruins everyones quality of life. It also means we can never leave to do things together as a family because either me or my wife have to be here with him all the time including sleeping where we can hear him so he doesn't walk out like he did last time he lived here. We're not medical care people and honestly I don't have the patience to deal with it 24/7. This sux
    It truly sucks. The burden of caring for someone with significant dementia at home can certainly be overwhelming--think long and hard before you consider taking that on. Hope he gets a negative test result, and soon.

70 year old friend of ours has a mutual friend visiting from SLC. Not staying with her and her husband who has significant Parkinson's, but a bunch of "the girls" have been having gatherings for a week and now the two of them are flying off to Vegas--the country's hottest hot spot--to gamble for a few days. We of course have had nothing to do with the whole shit show and won't be spending any outdoors time with her for a couple of weeks after she gets back--or maybe never, since she seems to be upset with my wife for not participating. This country is certainly lacking in mental fortitude, to use an outdated phrase.

Ugh. My dad has Parkinson's and dementia and has been going downhill as of late. I was really hoping this summer that I might be able to drive back(MT to WI) to see him for Thanksgiving. At the time my county had 0 cases. We have been surging and I dont think I can in good conscience head back if things keep the way they are going(of course they will..). Meanwhile my mom had finally gotten allowed to have an aide come in once a week to give her at least a little break. I also listen to almost everyone in my town downplay or straight up deny what it happening because it doesn't affect them or it's just the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm so sorry for you and your father. (((((Hugs)))))

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Ugh. My dad has Parkinson's and dementia and has been going downhill as of late. I was really hoping this summer that I might be able to drive back(MT to WI) to see him for Thanksgiving. At the time my county had 0 cases. We have been surging and I dont think I can in good conscience head back if things keep the way they are going(of course they will..). Meanwhile my mom had finally gotten allowed to have an aide come in once a week to give her at least a little break. I also listen to almost everyone in my town downplay or straight up deny what it happening because it doesn't affect them or it's just the flu.
    , crap crap. Sorry sounds so hollow but I sincerly mean it and hope for the best for you and everyone dealing with this sort of situation.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0246e5e9-2e81-4239-9694-52b25cf85389.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	343415

My hometown made the list. Concern for my folks grows.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It truly sucks. The burden of caring for someone with significant dementia at home can certainly be overwhelming--think long and hard before you consider taking that on. Hope he gets a negative test result, and soon.
    Even if the results come back negative we are probably going to have to do something. He's faded to the point that he really shouldn't be anywhere other than a memory care unit but that's like a death sentence with Covid, they lost 30 residents out of that side and only 2 on the regular side. It also stinks in there so bad that my wife can barely stand it for more than a minute or two, think about how most of them just piss and shit in their pants all the time. My wife has a devastatingly sensitive sense of smell and a few seconds in there and her eyes are tearing and a minute or two later and she has to leave because she can't breathe. One of the times they made us tour the place we walked around a corner and there was an old guy standing in the middle of the hall butt naked and pissing on the floor. Try getting people in that situation to wear a mask, not happening and they keep getting each other sick, we can't in good conscience put him in a place like that. I don't know what we're going to do but the tough guy that made it through Auschwitz and one other camp doesn't deserve to be left alone and crying.