Page 761 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,025 of 41810
    There hasn't been a case in our Montana county in over a month. I've been out three times to the brewpubs and a couple times to eat dinner in the past couple weeks, and to the gym twice this week since they reopened on Monday. Surprised at the lack of people going out when we live in about as non-hot zone as you can find. I probably wouldn't go out this much, but I do feel an obligation to support these businesses by showing up. A lot of the owners and employees are our friends. The whole thing is just fucking sad in so many ways.

Meanwhile, in Nepal...

https://asiafoundation.org/2020/05/1...-walking-home/

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right? I want my trails back please, not covered up with the entire population of possibly-infected Atlanta who, thanks to the rona, just discovered there’s mountains a short drive north.

]
    They are headed to Cove Creek in TN this weekend.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    agreeing with above....
    As much as the US likes to beat itself up over its response and Trump's performance which was at times( mostly) less than useful , being a bunch of Captain Hindsights is in the end not very useful. Canada's current federal leadership which is about the polar opposite as Trump had some policy and reaction failures or lets say in hindsight under reactions. The idea of a travel ban was seen as racist and counterproductive and the experts were in full agreement. Trudeau's wife was going to international conferences in London at the beginning of March which leads one to think that the PM was not taking it seriously.

As much as most would want to say that "our" side would have done better its difficult to get way out front of the public's perception of the problem as there will always be experts available to say overreacting.
    The argument to ban travel, lock down, social distance, test, test, test, contact trace, beat the virus to submission can be framed in so many ways that literally EVERYONE should understand and be on board. Maybe the motive is to protect your neighbor and your loved ones. Great. Perhaps you'd like to see the economy back up and running faster. Awesome. Instead, ours leaders and their pathetic followers who value short term rights over the bigger picture. It's pathetic. Want to know why China will kick our economic ass in the long run? It's because they take the long view. Everyone HAS TO swim in the same direction.

Right? I want my trails back please, not covered up with the entire population of possibly-infected Atlanta who, thanks to the rona, just discovered there’s mountains a short drive north.

Thankfully the trout stream and lake was empty.

But I get it about us not staying home. We went to an empty lake house and played in the water all weekend. I hear the rona is not a strong swimmer.

A dozen enquiries to rent my place in the mountains this weekend...

And convoys of RVs, boats, rooftop tents heading east on I90 this afternoon...

FFS people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    They are headed to Cove Creek in TN this weekend.
    North of Asheville? Ok then, keep pressing north people!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    A dozen enquiries to rent my place in the mountains this weekend...

And convoys of RVs, boats, rooftop tents heading east on I90 this afternoon...

FFS people.
    That’s exactly the scene I saw last weekend. Spots where I would usually not see a car for miles had convoys blocking the windy two lane roads up for miles. It’s never been like this. Wtf people?

Thankfully we’re headed to the beach this weekend. So we’ll see how social distanced our normally quiet stretch of sand is. I’ll bring the super soaker to shoot anyone who gets too close.
    I still call it The Jake.

North of Asheville? Ok then, keep pressing north people!

That’s exactly the scene I saw last weekend. Spots where I would usually not see a car for miles had convoys blocking the windy two lane roads up for miles. It’s never been like this. Wtf people?

Thankfully we’re headed to the beach this weekend. So we’ll see how social distanced our normally quiet stretch of sand is. I’ll bring the super soaker to shoot anyone who gets too close.
    You realize they're probably all saying the same thing as you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One thing that might help businesses open more profitably would be to have days or times (AM) when controlled admission, distancing, and masks are strictly enforced and the rest of the time people can do what they want. That way more people will feel safe shopping.
    Yep, I've been saying this for a while now... why is it not a thing, anywhere (other than the odd store setting aside an hour a week for shopping)? It's not hard to see that old folks, fat people, and sick people are particularly susceptible to this disease, while the rest of the population is relatively safe from harm.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The argument to ban travel, lock down, social distance, test, test, test, contact trace, beat the virus to submission can be framed in so many ways that literally EVERYONE should understand and be on board. Maybe the motive is to protect your neighbor and your loved ones. Great. Perhaps you'd like to see the economy back up and running faster. Awesome. Instead, ours leaders and their pathetic followers who value short term rights over the bigger picture. It's pathetic. Want to know why China will kick our economic ass in the long run? It's because they take the long view. Everyone HAS TO swim in the same direction.
    Is this how salmon and the Borg got started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove up from Maryland to Massachusetts on Sunday. In both states the governors (both happen to be Republicans in very blue states) instituted mask requirements to enter any business and I have seen zero pushback from anyone or even heard of any. My daughter was briefly in upstate NY (Plattsburgh area) on the way to VT the same day and stopped for gas and she said nobody was wearing masks but the second they got in VT everyone was.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Is this how salmon and the Borg got started?
    Is that a band?

Not sure what you thought I meant as your comment doesn't line up with my statement? I voiced no opinion on the speed of reopening. My point is even with great consistent messaging it doesn't mean that in hindsight the correct actions will be taken. I have no opinion on your protesters , that is your problem. In Canada the gov't just made anyone with a semi-auto rifle a criminal if they take it out of its gun safe and out of the house and nobody really protested, so there's that.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, I've been saying this for a while now... why is it not a thing, anywhere (other than the odd store setting aside an hour a week for shopping)? It's not hard to see that old folks, fat people, and sick people are particularly susceptible to this disease, while the rest of the population is relatively safe from harm.
    I live in Montana and our county has the highest # of cases but pretty small overall. I work in a gym and we had to text young people that they were signed up for our high risk hours and to consider rescheduling (so we don't just cancel them) and very few were receptive. Most of them young. How fucking hard is it to not be a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    How fucking hard is it to not be a dick?
    If they're going to be dicks make them wear body condoms.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that a band?
    Yup, like Phish, only with implants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I drove up from Maryland to Massachusetts on Sunday. In both states the governors (both happen to be Republicans in very blue states) instituted mask requirements to enter any business and I have seen zero pushback from anyone or even heard of any. My daughter was briefly in upstate NY (Plattsburgh area) on the way to VT the same day and stopped for gas and she said nobody was wearing masks but the second they got in VT everyone was.
    Plattsburgh. Sheesh.

its not even “long term” it’s “ next couple months”

hardware chain here has a Pinkerton enforcing “no mask, no entry”. Butcher shop has plexiglass running in front of whole counter. As an aside tritip went up $5/# in 3 weeks

several places (local chains) have senior hours. C19 is showing how adaptable business management are

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Absolutely across the board the optics have been good at both Federal and provincial levels. Main spoke persons have been public health officers. Sometimes abit woke and sugary sweet but within reason. And Justin's hair looks great with 4 weeks no hair cut.

Plus in Canada there is almost no opposition right now.
    I agree, great optics

yup Horgan has kept his festering gob shut and let Bonnie Henry the top doc in BC drive the bus/do all the talking which is as smart as it gets

even Doug Ford has shown empathy,

Jason Kenny is a fucking idiot and his health minister is a dick head, but we expect that

duno about the rest of the premiers

yeah JT has been giving away money like there is no tomorrow, so who is gona argue with that, cuz people DO need that money

So imo JT is a shoe-in for another term as the PM, the conservatives are whacko-conservative-religious-nut-job-lame-ducks when it comes to any kind of opposition so at this point
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I agree, great optics

yup Horgan has kept his festering gob shut and let Bonnie Henry the top doc in BC drive the bus/do all the talking which is as smart as it gets

even Doug Ford has shown empathy,

Jason Kenny is a fucking idiot and his health minister is a dick head, but we expect that

duno about the rest of the premiers

yeah JT has been giving away money like there is no tomorrow, so who is gona argue with that, cuz people DO need that money

So imo JT is a shoe-in for another term as the PM, the conservatives are whacko-conservative-religious-nut-job-lame-ducks when it comes to any kind of opposition so at this point
    I've been so very impressed with Dr Henry. Personable, empathetic, mild spoken, can explain complex topics without sounding elitist or condescending, and even has a humorous and sensitive side. Heard her on an interview this morning on CBC, and enjoyed every spoken word she gave. We really couldn't do any better than her in BC, or the country for that matter.

And she has a pretty serious funky shoe fetish,

even her own signature shoe

https://www.victoriabuzz.com/2020/04...rences-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I was referring to customers, not employees, either way, yes it was a joke.
    Right, I'm saying a true patriot wouldn't stand for those kind of shenanigans (e.g. shopping at a store that treats their employees like human beings).

Name:  56719AE9-65CB-4BF1-8ADB-31633EE5790C.jpeg
Views: 649
Size:  100.6 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E59B2B0-F3E6-4F3C-9735-C20FE41363C7.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	608.2 KB 
ID:	329274

You are weak just like the rest of us Cheeto Jesus

Feel free to spread it around. He spent months avoiding this

More evidence that the bad covid cases are primarily a disease of the blood vessels, not just the air sacs in the lungs. That may partly explain why the disease is so hard on older people and people with diabetes, hypertension, and obesity--all of these people tend to have a lot of damage to their blood vessels already. A warning--autopsies on soldiers killed in Korea showed a surprising amount of atherosclerosis of the blood vessels in these 18-20 somethings. Given the propensity of TGRers to eat bacon, don't be too confident in your resistance to the Covid.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6df_story.html

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/no-outsid...dLaF3OuI2Yizcs

Sounds like locals only, no camping in BC unless your are from BC