Page 512 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Bill Gates borrowed Nathan Myrvolds molecular gastronomy kitchen to blenderize the Clintons child sex workers in the basement of their chain of pizza parlors together with bat guano purchased from the Chinese in a biotech cooperative contract that gave the Chinese control over the extracts from running the resulting electrophoresis gels. Mark Ptashne and Wally Gilbert were in on the deal, inked after snorting loads of quality pink peruvian flake off Mark's Guanari.
    you are missing Ukraine connection. The answers are in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    Elaborate please?

this is a Finnish bus stop..... from a years ago. not virus related. Finns do not like small talk very much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCE746FD-D251-46F5-B3C6-ACDFD7512DC0.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	803.3 KB 
ID:	325298

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    this is a Finnish bus stop..... from a years ago. not virus related. Finns do not like small talk very much.

Additional angle is that that bus stop is front of the national Police University College.
    Even the cops-in-the-making don't like personal space invaders.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

That’s how I’ve been standing at a bus stop since I was a kid.
    Stop spewing your air on me.
    It’s 6am why the fuck are you talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Is the image suddenly gone? Not opening for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Additional angle is that that bus stop is front of the national Police University College.
    Even the cops-in-the-making don't like personal space invaders.
    I was surprised they had police. It was over three weeks before I saw one. And that was when they were busting the russians that lived across the street from us. We were pretty sure they were running a chop shop over there.

And here we go.

As the coronavirus pandemic wreaks havoc on American lives, Rep. Trey Hollingsworth (R-Ind.) told an Indiana radio station Tuesday that it’s time for policymakers to “put on their big-girl and big-boy pants” and decide between the “lesser of two evils”: Do we try to save more lives or our livelihood? Restart the economy and kill more people or keep staying home and kill more jobs?

The answer, he said, is “unequivocally to get Americans back to work, to get Americans back to their businesses,” reopening schools and churches as well.

“There is no zero-harm choice here,” he told Indianapolis’s WIBC. “Both of these decisions will lead to harm for individuals, whether that’s dramatic economic harm or whether it’s loss of life. But it’s always the American government’s position to say, in the choice between the loss of our way of life as Americans and the loss of life of American lives, we have to always choose the latter.”
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Stock market > Old people

This dystopia sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

This dystopia sucks.
    Or rather stock market>American lives.

But it's not like it would do anything,as all of the biggest parts of the economy will remain closed (Cali, NY etc.).
    Also - who do you trade with? Europe is closed, China is restricted.

What cheesy motion picture dystopia are we most closely approaching?

Soylent Green, Rollerball, or Logan's Run?

What cheesy motion picture dystopia are we most closely approaching?

Soylent Green, Rollerball, or Logan's Run?
    or the giver?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Too many more stories about meat processing plants closing and farmers dumping food and I'm going to have to say Soylent Green.

But with Florida declaring professional wrestling an essential business (Trump's cronies the McMahon family gets their bailout) I'm thinking Rollerball is pulling ahead.

But with Florida declaring professional wrestling an essential business (Trump's crony the McMahon family gets their bailout) I'm thinking Rollerball is pulling ahead.
    Thats a real sport, not some wimpy game.

Name:	20200413_CovidweeklydeathsUS.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	325299
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This dystopia sucks.
    But what these advocates overlook is that winding things back up in a way that results in rapid exponential growth is possibly more harmful to the economy than what we are doing right now. If a million people including 10% of out health care workers die in a period of a few months, that disrupts the economy. You never hear that discussed. It’s not just a matter of choosing the path that saves the most lives. It’s choosing a path that minimizes loss of life and minimizes economic disruption. I’m sure the gentleman from Indiana struggles with multivariabilistic analysis in all realms, however.

As someone who is under 50 and has spent a good part of my life watching the Boomer generation systematically fuck everyone coming after them and who is currently watching the entire country come to a halt to save them one more time the whole "open the economy, sorry old people" thing rings true. Until as a rational person I stop and remember that doing so would likey result in more economic calamity than what we are doing and probably kill my sibling and parent.

It's not just boomers. Look at the numbers of men 30-50 dying in NY.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.44.00 AM.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	659.1 KB 
ID:	325300

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.44.16 AM.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	524.0 KB 
ID:	325301

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.44.34 AM.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	630.8 KB 
ID:	325302

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

How do they manage to keep that distance for Walpurgis Night.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And here we go.

As the coronavirus pandemic wreaks havoc on American lives, Rep. Trey Hollingsworth (R-Ind.) told an Indiana radio station Tuesday that it’s time for policymakers to “put on their big-girl and big-boy pants” and decide between the “lesser of two evils”: Do we try to save more lives or our livelihood? Restart the economy and kill more people or keep staying home and kill more jobs?

The answer, he said, is “unequivocally to get Americans back to work, to get Americans back to their businesses,” reopening schools and churches as well.

“There is no zero-harm choice here,” he told Indianapolis’s WIBC. “Both of these decisions will lead to harm for individuals, whether that’s dramatic economic harm or whether it’s loss of life. But it’s always the American government’s position to say, in the choice between the loss of our way of life as Americans and the loss of life of American lives, we have to always choose the latter.”

Looks like it might be a while for the antibody testing to be good enough to really be effective.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/healt...EENVaK-vf6PmfI

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    As someone who is under 50 and has spent a good part of my life watching the Boomer generation systematically fuck everyone coming after them and who is currently watching the entire country come to a halt to save them one more time the whole "open the economy, sorry old people" thing rings true. Until as a rational person I stop and remember that doing so would likey result in more economic calamity than what we are doing and probably kill my sibling and parent.
    I for one am happy to see all the entitled genxers and millenials who think they are immortal and that rules don't apply to them get Covid and die, or at the very least wind up with fucked up lungs for the rest of their lives, leaving the ski slopes uncrowded for us boomers who have the brains to stay at home until this thing is over. Then there all those spoiled kids just graduating from college who can't find a job and can't move back home because their parents are afraid of the Covid--I'll be happy to see them living on the street begging for spare change from the non existent passersby who won't get within 10 feet of them. And there won't be any govt money to help them because it's all going to us. Ha ha. And all those school age kids who can't go to school and will grow up ignorant and poor--it gladdens my heart. I've got mine and I have no sympathy for the younger generations who were stupid enough to be born. Losers. Oh, don't let me forget the boomers' parents who we shut away in nursing homes--glad to see them die before they nursing home bills eat up all of our inheritance.

For the folks that are advocating opening up the country now or soon and letting this pandemic run it’s course, that means not treating people that get sick from Coronavirus. That’s the only way it works to “save the economy”. I don’t think most people advocating that approach are really willing to do that. As soon as someone they hold dear gets sick they’ll be clamoring for them to get treatment.

Why does opening the country mean not treating people that catch the virus?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Why does opening the country mean not treating people that catch the virus?
    Because you won't be able to keep up. Too many people to treat, not enough people and equipment to treat them.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!