Page 1548 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 ... LastLast
Results 38,676 to 38,700 of 40118
  1. #38676
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE: Lessons learned from the last pandemic.

    # 1. We really had little idea what we were dealing with then.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7543972/
    This is a hawt take that sounds familiar:
    1.10. Stigmatization/disinformation/infodemic: epidemic of wrong information
    The Covid outbreak was first identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan, so it was labeled as Chinese virus. Stigmatizing a group/nation for its responsibility in a calamity is not a new trend. Spanish Flu -The Spanish press covered the spread of the virus, creating incorrect assumptions that the epidemic originated in Spain. Rumors spread wrong information about the origin of the disease.
    During the war time in 1918, all sides accused one another of being responsible for the epidemic.

    Accusations were made against German pharmaceutical company Bayer of having deliberately introduced the pathogen into aspirin tablets. War censorship/propaganda also had adverse effects on efforts to mitigate the pandemic.

    After years of war propaganda, some of the population no longer believed in government's health policies. Clear information is crucial at all times. To implement public health measures, population needs to trust the authorities. After four years of conflict/propaganda, trust was broken. What was true then is even more so in 2020. Recent development of digital social networks makes it even harder
    In a modern day, abstract interpretation: misinformation creates distrust (FUD). Distrust ultimately and primarily undermines the authorities (govt). Bad actors know this and leverage it against the establishment for their own agenda.

  2. #38677
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    571
    No discussion about:

    1. Not being obese
    2. Vitamin D and C levels along with Zinc
    3. Green Tea extracts
    4. Spirulina

    Yes, these are all in the Yale press releases.

    not to mention a whole host of pre-existing FDA (Full approval not EUA) therapies:

    Ivermectin
    Hydrocloroquine
    Quercetin

    It is cool though for them to make new expensive drugs.

    How many jabs before you are done?
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  3. #38678
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,306
    Per JAMA, follow the money indeed...

    US Insurer Spending on Ivermectin Prescriptions for COVID-19
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2788253

    Of 5939 ivermectin prescriptions, 348 (5.9%) were excluded. Of the remaining 5591 prescriptions, 4700 (84.1%) were for privately insured patients. Mean patient age was 51.8 years (SD, 15.7 years) (Table 1).


    Among ivermectin prescriptions, mean (SD) out-of-pocket spending was $22.48 ($24.78) for privately insured patients and $13.78 ($26.24) for Medicare Advantage patients; mean insurer reimbursement was $35.75 ($50.63) and $39.13 ($40.18), respectively; and mean total spending was $58.23 ($51.47) and $52.91 ($42.47), respectively. Aggregate total spending was $273 681.00 for privately insured patients and $47 142.81 for Medicare Advantage patients, of which insurer reimbursement represented 61.4% and 74.0%, respectively (Table 2).


    In the week of August 13, 2021, private and Medicare plans paid an estimated $1 568 996.00 (43 888 × $35.75) and $924 720.16 (23 632 × $39.13) for ivermectin prescriptions for COVID-19. The weekly total of $2 493 716.16 extrapolated to $129 673 240.30 annually.


    Discussion


    Findings suggest that insurers heavily subsidized the costs of ivermectin prescriptions for COVID-19, even though economic theory holds that insurers should not cover ineffective care.4 Wasteful insurer spending on these prescriptions, estimated at $2.5 million in the week of August 13, 2021, would extrapolate to $129.7 million annually.

    For perspective, this total exceeds estimated annual Medicare spending on unnecessary imaging for low back pain, a low-value service that has received extensive attention.5 The true amount of waste is even higher because estimates did not include Medicaid spending. Moreover, by reducing barriers to a drug that some individuals use as a substitute for COVID-19 vaccination or other evidence-based care, insurance coverage could increase spending for COVID-19 complications.


    Limitations of this study include unclear generalizability to all private and Medicare plans. Despite this, findings suggest insurers could prevent substantial waste by restricting ivermectin coverage; for example, by requiring prior authorization. Although these restrictions might impede ivermectin use for non–COVID-19 indications, low prepandemic levels of dispensing suggest this use is infrequent.2 Consequently, the restrictions could reduce wasteful spending, and the number of patients who would experience barriers to evidence-based treatment for ivermectin would be small.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  4. #38679
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,372
    NS. Please try shoving a Tide POD up your ass and report back.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  5. #38680
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Follow the Money - Que Bueno?


    Everybody knows if your head is far enough up your own ass you do not need a mask because the seal is so tight.

    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

    Conclusion: Two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 μg/kg with a gap of 72 hours was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers for the following month. Chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic.
    So if you want to read that 2020 study: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0247163

    Here was their final statement:

    Conclusion
    We conclude that two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 μg/kg body weight with a gap of 72 hours was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among HCWs in the following one month. Chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic. This is an intervention worth replicating at other centers until a vaccine is widely available.

    and: " Due to its observational nature, our study’s findings need further confirmation using longitudinal studies or interventional studies to strengthen the evidence before its large-scale use among HCWs and the implementation of public health programs."

    And subsequent studies did not recreate these findings thus it more or less on the trash heap of "things we tried that showed promise at the time". Which is how science advances.

    Yes, no one talking about risk factors - weight, the Big D. If only we drank more green Tea all of our covid worrie would be over and everyone's dick would regain that 1.5''

  6. #38681
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,879
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Danno if you hang out and share air it will not matter what mask you are using unless it is N95. This is a respiratory disease MICRO DROPLETS.

    Masks help in passing but not for duration.
    So, in other words, cloth masks are not nearly as effective as a KN95/N95 mask, but significantly better than no masks? You could have just typed "you're right, Danno".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  7. #38682
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,116
    What special kind of moran looks at the number of deaths in 2020 and the higher number of deaths in 2021 as a clear sign that the vaccines don’t work?

  8. #38683
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    571
    Danno the lady walking alone on the street or driving with a mask on. They are doing nothing!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  9. #38684
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    571
    Should they be higher?

    If the Vax stops people from dying...That is what they say... Hmm?

    You ever look at the Polio data? That is a vax that appears to work.

    Bye Bye keep patting you Libtard buddies on the Tushy you all are doing so great here!

    When it comes to information about COVID-19, which of the following sources would you say you trust? Select all that apply. (margin of error: 5.8%)

    Dr. Anthony Fauci: 30.8%
    Federal health authorities like the CDC and the FDA: 49.8%
    Your doctor: 63.2%
    President Biden: 15.5%
    The news media: 10.2%

    At the end of the day it is a confidence game and many are less confident than before. I alone will not save you.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  10. #38685
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,613

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Yes, the peer reviewed studies on treatments and vaccines are suspect. The demonstrable evidence of their effectiveness - reported worldwide isn't to be believed. Instead, there is a global conspiracy involving scientists, researchers from 100s of countries to suppress inexpensive, highly effective treatments. Pay no attention to the lack of credible studies - they don't want to know! Instead, we should take at face value...checks notes, a podcast called Joe Rogan Experience a MMA hobbiest and project Veritas.
    Listen to the podcast and get back to us. Until then you should STFU because that is not the spin from the podcast.

  11. #38686
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,821
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    No discussion about:

    1. Not being obese
    2. Vitamin D and C levels along with Zinc
    3. Green Tea extracts
    4. Spirulina

    Yes, these are all in the Yale press releases.

    not to mention a whole host of pre-existing FDA (Full approval not EUA) therapies:

    Ivermectin
    Hydrocloroquine
    Quercetin

    It is cool though for them to make new expensive drugs.

    How many jabs before you are done?
    We’ve done this ad nauseam.
    Shut the fuck up.

  12. #38687
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,116
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Should they be higher?

    If the Vax stops people from dying...That is what they say... Hmm?

    You ever look at the Polio data? That is a vax that appears to work.

    Bye Bye keep patting you Libtard buddies on the Tushy you all are doing so great here!
    They would be even higher if it weren’t for the vaccines and other implemented measures.

    That’s what you and teletech and some moran letter writer haven’t considered. It’s a small extra step in thinking that your spongebrains can’t seem to make.

    And you’ve yet to tell us how many polio shots you received or your kids received. We’re waiting…

  13. #38688
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,879
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Danno the lady walking alone on the street or driving with a mask on. They are doing nothing!
    The lady walking alone on the street or driving with a KN95 mask on. They are doing nothing!

    That's because masks don't help -- you don't need help -- if you're nowhere near anyone.

    If, however, you are in close contact with someone for a period of time, cloth masks work better than no masks up to a point, at which point the close contact overcomes the wearing of a mediocre mask. The period of time is much longer if wearing a KN95 mask. So again, another way of saying cloth masks are not nearly as effective as a KN95/N95 mask, but significantly better than no masks. It's ok, you can say it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  14. #38689
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Listen to the podcast and get back to us. Until then you should STFU because that is not the spin from the podcast.
    How about I stick to following the demonstrable science on COVID vaccines and researchers who are credible epidemiologists rather than inventing glib global conspiracy FUD because Opioids which ain't got shit to do with what the fuck we are talking about? I could give a fuck about a podcast. The Opioid issue is worthy topic but not this one - if that undermines your believe in basically any medicine/vax - vibes.

    Lemme ask you - let's pretend these vaccines don't work and there's a conspiracy to suppress alternative treatments.... What else would have to be true to support that scenario?

    Governments world wide collusion to suppress evidence - crossing disparate ideological & national interests with a level of coordination never before realized
    Desperate governments not pursing these highly effective treatments merely because of their 'collusion pact'
    A willingness to inflict devastating harm on their populations and economies for the benefit of foreign companies
    100,000s of scientists, doctors and researchers also working to these ends - across national lines
    Tenets of immunology not only false but actively being falsified and collaborated upon
    Body of evidence (immunology, mRNA, vaccines) has been groomed, curated for purposes of deception and peer-review/controls have failed or are in cahoots

    Motive - Means - Opportunity

    ^you're really going to have to stretch to make that fit. Or (stick with me) things are more or less exactly as they appear because fantastical conspiracy are completely unworkable.

  15. #38690
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,613
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    How about I stick to following the demonstrable science on COVID vaccines and researchers who are credible epidemiologists rather than inventing glib global conspiracy FUD because Opioids which ain't got shit to do with what the fuck we are talking about? I could give a fuck about a podcast. The Opioid issue is worthy topic but not this one - if that undermines your believe in basically any medicine/vax - vibes.

    Lemme ask you - let's pretend these vaccines don't work and there's a conspiracy to suppress alternative treatments.... What else would have to be true to support that scenario?

    Governments world wide collusion to suppress evidence
    Desperate governments not pursing these highly effective treatments merely because of their 'collusion pact'
    A willingness to inflict devastating harm on their populations and economies for the benefit of foreign companies
    100,000s of scientists, doctors and researchers also working to these ends - across national lines
    Tenets of immunology not only false but actively being falsified and collaborated upon
    Body of evidence (immunology, mRNA, vaccines) has been groomed, curated for purposes of deception and peer-review/controls have failed or are in cahoots

    Motive - Means - Opportunity

    ^you're really going to have to stretch to make that fit. Or (stick with me) things are more or less exactly as they appear because fantastical conspiracy are completely unworkable.
    That’s not even what my post is about, but feel free to get triggered because I mentioned JRE.

    I have no beef with the science associated with the vaccines and am up to date on all my shotz. Thanks for playing though. I guess what I’m referring to is deserving of its own thread.

  16. #38691
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Thanks for playing though. I guess what I’m referring to is deserving of its own thread.
    You should be more careful in who you quote & what you write then because that is exactly what NakedShorts is alleging a la "veritas". Evidenced by the post you quoted and the rest of his spiel.

    Regardless, I take you at your word and I do think a thread on the failings of the American health practices with Opioids/Sackler as a backdrop is a hella good topic.

  17. #38692
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The lady walking alone on the street or driving with a KN95 mask on. They are doing nothing!

    That's because masks don't help -- you don't need help -- if you're nowhere near anyone.

    If, however, you are in close contact with someone for a period of time, cloth masks work better than no masks up to a point, at which point the close contact overcomes the wearing of a mediocre mask. The period of time is much longer if wearing a KN95 mask. So again, another way of saying cloth masks are not nearly as effective as a KN95/N95 mask, but significantly better than no masks. It's ok, you can say it.
    theres also the whole “try not to touch the mask when you’ve got it on” part which means if you are running multiple errands and multiple stores, it can be a pain to take off and on said mask….. so you wear it in the car.

    But, nakedsharts just wants a safe space to argue polyass bullshit

  18. #38693
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,367
    Amusing to me that people are so concerned with other people's behavior that either has no bearing on their own life or may actually be a net benefit to society, even if it looks "ridiculous." I was in a similar camp wondering why people were driving around with masks on alone in their car, but I never gave a shit because it has fuck all to do with me. And then i got covid but had to pick up my kids one day near the tail end of my bout and decided it was better to simply keep my n95 on in the car on the way to potentially minimize anything in the air. Did it help? I don't know. But it was my choice and for a time I was that "idiot" driving by myself with a mask. I know that I would be heartbroken if nakedshorts had seen me.

  19. #38694
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,489
    If I'd borrowing someone else's car I'm going to wear a mask to avoid spraying droplets in their car.

    If I'm about to pick up people not in my own household I'm going to wear a mask in the car on the way to get them so as not to have my unprotected breath lingering when they get in the car.

    You don't know what you don't know about other peoples' situations.. especially around and inside vehicles.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  20. #38695
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The Americas are an island if you zoom out far enough.

  21. #38696
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    18,204
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Danno the lady walking alone on the street or driving with a mask on. They are doing nothing!
    Does it piss you off? in my book that is very worthwhile.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  22. #38697
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Does it piss you off? in my book that is very worthwhile.
    RLY. Let's up the game: I sleep with my mask on. Is NS clutching his chest yet?

  23. #38698
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,313
    I passed a couple on a remote trail 2 weeks ago with sustained 15-20 MPH winds with gust even higher. One of them put on a mask as I walked by - maybe she was sick and being polite?

    Either way I don't care but honestly it was funny as shit. Please crucify me, i have sinned.....

  24. #38699
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    RLY. Let's up the game: I sleep with my mask on. Is NS clutching his chest yet?
    I masterbate furiously in the shower with my mask on.

  25. #38700
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    16,046
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I masterbate furiously in the shower with my mask on.
    You’re almost there

    Next step is a belt or rope around your neck.
    Furious INXS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •