Page 1522 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 ... LastLast
Results 38,026 to 38,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    the day care is suggesting they may have to close for 14 days because of positive in class.
    Sure enough, closed for two weeks due a positive COVID kid (supposedly on the advice of the County health department). Who the fuck can take 2 weeks off work to stay home and watch their kid? Go back in and boom, another positive Omicron, another 2 weeks closed. If other day cares are doing things this way, our country is going to come to a grinding halt.

Upon speaking with the Tacoma Health Department, it has been determined that there was a positive exposure. The Junior Toddler classroom will be closed to all students who were in attendance on 1/3/2022 or 1/4/2022. The classroom will reopen on Tuesday, January 19th. Our records show that your child was marked here on one of those days.
    The health dept suggests that your child gets tested between the 7th-9th. Please update us on any results, if you choose to test. It is not a requirement.

Maybe as parents each of you can volunteer to have all the toddlers in your house for a day. You’ll only miss one day of work.

That way when you get covid the kids will have moved on to the next house the following day under the care of different parents.

The regular workers can get over their omicron and be back in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Masks - kids - fat- old
    This thread is chasing its own tail

Can we please move on to something different....

Or i will post another music video
    What can you possibly post that would be worse than the Alice Cooper I posted?

Who the fuck can take 2 weeks off work to stay home and watch their kid?
    So you’re saying it takes a village?

Sure enough, closed for two weeks due a positive COVID kid (supposedly on the advice of the County health department). Who the fuck can take 2 weeks off work to stay home and watch their kid? Go back in and boom, another positive Omicron, another 2 weeks closed. If other day cares are doing things this way, our country is going to come to a grinding halt.
    Who should risk their long term health to care for your spawn and how much are you going to pay them?

Don't you have sick leave? Vacation? Time without pay? Fml leave? Suck it up buttercup.

Sick leave and vacation are for skiing

The Covid finally caught up with my NYC clan members after all their cruises, vacations and nightlife. Fat, COPD BIL went into the hospital for an overnight stay. Niece and her 3 y o got it.

In NY they pay you to stay home and they make your boss play nice. So yeah, it takes a village.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Who should risk their long term health to care for your spawn and how much are you going to pay them?

Don't you have sick leave? Vacation? Time without pay? Fml leave? Suck it up buttercup.
    I am a privileged dentist, so I will be fine. But you are beyond delusional if think closing day cares for 14 days every time someone comes down with the Omicron will work. Every 14 day closure is $600 in tuition payments down the drain, per kid. Seattle Public School's policy is if an unvacinated person is exposed, they can return after 7 days with negative test, not 14 (all kids here are under 5, so unvaccinated). I don't understand the health department's logic of 14 days.

This isn't the first time day care has been closed during the pandemic. If it happens say, like, twice a year, people can manage. But with Omicron, this WILL happen again, and again, and again. Most Americans with kids under 5 rely on the income of two parents working. We can't keep playing by the same rules.

I am a privileged dentist, so I will be fine. But you are beyond delusional if think closing day cares for 14 days every time someone comes down with the Omicron will work. Every 14 day closure is $600 in tuition payments down the drain, per kid. Seattle Public School's policy is if an unvacinated person is exposed, they can return after 7 days with negative test, not 14 (all kids here are under 5, so unvaccinated). I don't understand the health department's logic of 14 days.

This isn't the first time day care has been closed during the pandemic. If it happens say, like, twice a year, people can manage. But with Omicron, this WILL happen again, and again, and again. Most Americans with kids under 5 rely on the income of two parents working. We can't keep playing by the same rules.
    System has to change, sure.

Those daycare workers probably don't even have health insurance.

They end up with longterm health complications from covid what then? They probably end up homeless.

Maybe "Mericans need to think about health care and livable wages for all and maybe parents need to think about if they really need to be two parent working households.

Maybe we have less things, spend more time raising our own kids...

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post

There are a lot of people in this country---not necessarily on this forum--with none of the above. If they have unpaid FML they can't afford tot take it. And regardless of what the law says. Of course most of those folks, if they have day care, it's unlicensed , nobody's tested, and they're probably dropping their kid off at omicron central.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There are a lot of people in this country---not necessarily on this forum--with none of the above. If they have unpaid FML they can't afford tot take it. And regardless of what the law says. Of course most of those folks, if they have day care, it's unlicensed , nobody's tested, and they're probably dropping their kid off at omicron central.
    Yeah. Including the daycare workers that altasnob feels owe him childcare.

Which alias is this ^^^^^^60 post JONG?!?! Beat it kook.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

The 14 days closed rule isn't to protect the daycare workers. They are all vaccinated whether they want to or not. It's to protect the children. But the catch is, the parents don't want this level of protection. If a parent is that scared of Omicron they shouldn't have their kid in any daycare. Goat is right, I just need to find some churchy, home-schooly, unlicensed daycare that doesn't believe in COVID. Ignorance is bliss.

The 14 days closed rule isn't to protect the daycare workers. They are all vaccinated whether they want to or not. It's to protect the children. But the catch is, the parents don't want this level of protection. If a parent is that scared of Omicron they shouldn't have their kid in any daycare. Goat is right, I just need to find some churchy, home-schooly, unlicensed daycare that doesn't believe in COVID. Ignorance is bliss.
    You appear to be assuming that the daycare workers *want* to look after a bunch of positive toddlers and are just being blocked by the rules.

And as mentioned above who looks after the staff members if they get long covid or end up in the ICU?

Do grocery stores close for 14 days when a worker comes down with COVID? How about Amazon wharehouses? In a perfect world, we could all live with zero risk of getting COVID at work. That's not the world we live in. And with all due respect to the daycare workers, who wouldn't want two weeks paid time off from a bunch of snot nosed Omicron vectors. Talk about an incentive for parents to never keep their kid home sick or get them tested (just keep that head in the sand). It's the same dilemma we are seeing from public school unions refusing to come to work due to the current surge. I thought we were over this.

I'm still amazed that there was some kind of functioning daycare before anyone could get vaccine protection. Remember at first it was limited to front line emergency responders' kids. My kids were working in the grocery store but those daycare employees were juggling little unmaskable COVID bombs can cleaning up bodily fluids for roughly the same hourly pay.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That’s not a great analogy Snob. I hope you make better arguments at work.

Do you think the daycare has unlimited staff in the wings waiting to fill in?

You’re cool with any warm body off the street looking after your kids (compared to stocking the shelves)?

You’re cool with the daycare running with 1/3 the normal staff (a grocery store can probably do that)?

Are the staff at the grocery store getting covid from the positive cases sitting half-masked in their lap for 6-8hours?

Did these daycare workers take an oath to work that is legally binding?

Like I said, my beef is the 14 days. I am fine with 7 and a negative test. That's what Seattle Public Schools does. I'm still waiting to hear back from Tacoma health department on why the fuck we aren't doing the same thing as Seattle. So for instance, my friend's kid (age 4) does pre-school through the public schools (still has to pay) and I assume in this situation, would only be closed for 7. But my kid (also 4) at the private pre-school has to wait out 14 days, because the health department is telling them this. This makes no sense.

https://www.seattleschools.org/news/...-requirements/

Chicago Public Schools going online only. Apparently it’s a fucking junk show between the Union and Mayor Lightfoot….”What is past is prologue”…….
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...exq-story.html
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Are the staff at the grocery store getting covid from the positive cases sitting half-masked in their lap for 6-8hours?
    How many people here would be OK with their spouse working that gig full time and coming home to you and the rest of your family every night? Doctors and nurses were living in separate places from their families at the worst point but they earn a lot more money to handle such contingencies. Also running legit N95 masks. Those daycare workers are rocking surgical masks..

Wife's been flu like for a week or so and just tested positive. Got prescribed an inhaler, prednisone and 5 day quarantine. I had flu like symptoms for 24 hrs last week so guess I'm good.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

So my two hour delayed Zoom meeting with the Doc basically ended with self-monitor and don’t call back unless you’re dying……Sweet. My symptoms are as follows:
    Body Ache. Especially lower back/ shoulders
    Sinus. My nose is running like a goddamn faucet.
    Malaise/ fatigue.
    No fever, no cough.

I’ll wait till tomorrow , then tak another at home test, followed by a PCR, if I can find one. Stay safe Maggots.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    So my two hour delayed Zoom meeting with the Doc basically ended with self-monitor and don’t call back unless you’re dying……Sweet. My symptoms are as follows:
    Body Ache. Especially lower back/ shoulders
    Sinus. My nose is running like a goddamn faucet.
    Malaise/ fatigue.
    No fever, no cough.

I’ll wait till tomorrow , then tak another at home test, followed by a PCR, if I can find one. Stay safe Maggots.
    Best to you and the rest of the household. We're all going to get it..

Honest question…. What’s the point of testing again? At this stage you have all the omicron symptoms, and all the science says you likely have it, and we’ll all likely get this one… and your doctor says stay home and monitor so why test???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Honest question…. What’s the point of testing again? At this stage you have all the omicron symptoms, and all the science says you likely have it, and we’ll all likely get this one… and your doctor says stay home and monitor so why test???

Sorry, to clarify, if I feel worse tomorrow, I’ll prolly take the test, if for no other reason than to make the bed in the garage….And thank you, SJG.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sorry, to clarify, if I feel worse tomorrow, I’ll prolly take the test, if for no other reason than to make the bed in the garage….And thank you, SJG.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier