Page 771 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Can-USA border is closed for another month, what are the odds JT and his medical pro's looks at the situ down there in a month and keeps it closed ?
    From the pictures I saw today from the beaches in SC, Georgia, Ocean Beach, MD, and that trash Ozarks party place in Missouri, we are now at a new moment. If things don't blow up in some places within the next month like they blew up in the NYC metro, than somebody has been bullshitting me and a lot of other people for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    No time - too busy fueling up my Enola Gay replica for a quick flight over Mt Fuji.
    I applaud you in your honesty in declaring your belief that it is OK to gas anyone who does not have your skin colour. Not many are so open

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Award for the stupidest post of the day. Congrats, it took some doing.
    Falls into the "smoking is supposed to be so dangerous, but my grandpa smoked his whole life and lived to 90!" category.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    From the pictures I saw today from the beaches in SC, Georgia, Ocean Beach, MD, and that trash Ozarks party place in Missouri, we are now at a new moment. If things don't blow up in some places within the next month like they blew up in the NYC metro, than somebody has been bullshitting me and a lot of other people for a long time.
    Only saving grace is that was all outside so maybe it’ll really prove outdoor transmission is really low. But yeah, agree. Based on my Instagram feed, people from all over are hardly distancing from friends anymore and no masks to be seen. Even I nurse I know that was preaching for 2 months is now off skiing off dangerous lines and not social distancing with partners.

yall be calling that dweeb stupid but the fact youre still quoting and responding to him instead of ignoring suggests the stupidity is contagious

Go easy on the fear-talkers. Fear is a thing for them. Imagine how you'd feel if the only way you could put on a seatbelt or look before crossing railroad tracks was if you first worked up an irrational level of fear. It would suck. Just be glad you can do the right thing without also living in fear. Some aren't so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You are still so fucking stupid you think that we wear masks to protect ourselves from others and their virus shedding?
    I would imagine that the best way to protect others from me is to not become infected myself. Do you disagree? Please share why; I would look forward to reading your response.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

"SC, Georgia, Ocean Beach, MD, and that trash Ozarks party place in Missouri", none of those places are of the same population density as NYC.

Actually they probably have higher density, temporarily. People pack into shit llke that, but then they disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I would imagine that the best way to protect others from me is to not become infected myself. Do you disagree? Please share why; I would look forward to reading your response.
    Depends. Are you already infected?

The best way would be for you to get infected, recover, and have antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Go easy on the fear-talkers. Fear is a thing for them. Imagine how you'd feel if the only way you could put on a seatbelt or look before crossing railroad tracks was if you first worked up an irrational level of fear. It would suck. Just be glad you can do the right thing without also living in fear. Some aren't so lucky.
    This. Early on in this thing it became noticeable that the people shouting loudest "Dont give in to fear" were actually the most scared. Ya wanna fight em when they say that shit but what they need is a hug, and some way to de-escalate that fear so they can start thinking rationally again.

I have read papers that report increased viral loads in patients as COVID-19 symptoms worsen from moderate to severe symptoms. But, to date, I haven't seen a report on mild symptom or no symptom patients.
    From the "I could have sworn it was here but now I can't find it" file: there was a graphic posted last week showing average progression and magnitudes of various things. IMS it showed onset of symptoms at ~5 days and peak contagiousness at ~4 days, falling slightly as symptoms come on and then holding pretty steady for a day or nine. But I can't find it now...and of course that's not quite what you're talking about, right? You're referring to the differences between people who have different responses overall (I think), but do the two things overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    This. Early on in this thing it became noticeable that the people shouting loudest "Dont give in to fear" were actually the most scared. Ya wanna fight em when they say that shit but what they need is a hug, and some way to de-escalate that fear so they can start thinking rationally again.
    yeah but

Fuck all you quoting jgb. I work hard to not read what he writes but then I stumble across his quotes in the posts of the people I respect.

Hey I have a proposition. You young folks let us old ones live and then when there's a vaccine we're at the end of the line to get it. Deal?
    A party game--make up a priority list for who gets the vaccine in what order. I won't go first--I'd rather just criticize everyone else's list.
    I think we can all agree that Americans get it before the rest of the world, because we're too stupid to survive without it.

Of course it is, but the issue is you may not know that you're infected.

My x-ray tech had it in the middle of March. All she had was sniffles. That's it.
    The only reason she knew was she had to get tested to go to work.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Duh.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    scuba tanks
    Name:  jcp.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  133.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fuck all you quoting jgb. I work hard to not read what he writes but then I stumble across his quotes in the posts of the people I respect.
    Good call. I'll cut that out. My bad

It’s hard to keep track of who needs to be ignored. Steep the sadtroll and BGnight were easy.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.00.12 PM.png
Views: 495
Size:  124.5 KB
    Last edited by bennymac; 05-25-2020 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    "SC, Georgia, Ocean Beach, MD, and that trash Ozarks party place in Missouri", none of those places are of the same population density as NYC.
    Sometimes, the loneliest place in the world is the big, bad, city.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hey I have a proposition. You young folks let us old ones live and then when there's a vaccine we're at the end of the line to get it. Deal?
    A party game--make up a priority list for who gets the vaccine in what order. I won't go first--I'd rather just criticize everyone else's list.
    I think we can all agree that Americans get it before the rest of the world, because we're too stupid to survive without it.
    Lmao. Sounds like you are describing the inner workings of the NHS. Socialized medicine (that lunatics like yourself have been demanding and dreaming of for years) does exactly that - rationed care. I'd accuse you of getting your medical degree from the University of Phoenix Online, but I realize there was no such thing in your day. So congrats on pulling a degree out of a cracker jack box.

Damn. Two days in a row and today's isn't even contested. Truly, pointing out the logical consistency of someone else's viewpoint (and using a strawman to help!) and then trying to craft an insult to respond to logical consistency--it's a bold strategy! I enjoyed taking the walk through your mind with you as you worked on that closing statement, too. Really paints a picture. 4/5 stars. Well done.

I guess OG wins by not even seeing that, but what is the actual bar for the ban hammer in the PR these days? Gotta be a little different than polyass, Shirley.

If someone wants to scuba down the street, that's their choice and all you shamers clearly don't care about actual freedom.
    Went to the hardware store in the more rural area near me for some gardening supplies and it was nice to see everyone but the one loud asshole with a trump hat masked up and distancing.
    Life can still move, just more carefully.