Page 1311 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 ... LastLast
Results 32,751 to 32,775 of 41810
    Probably why once people here in the northeast figured that out we plateaued then dropped and stayed there until indoor season started. Once the weather changed the numbers went up but nothing like the other 2/3 of the country and now we've reached another plateau. Hopefully soon we start to see a drop but I don't expect that to start until late January.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That made me LOL......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    This is getting so fucking old.

People are warned their actions will have consequence, they ignore warnings and are fucking surprised.
    Our friends were going to travel over X-mas to see their family. They canceled back in October out of common sense. Good thing too. One of them got sick Covid a couple days after X-mas despite laying about as low as one can. Luckily they made the tough decision to cancel the trip, otherwise the whole family would have been infected and probably a dozen others on the plane. Asymptomatic spread is a bitch.

I'm hearing the worst is yet to come ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My old man's version was "It's always darkest just before it *really* turns black."

“They say the darkest hour
    is right before the dawn. “
    Dylan

Wait! ... What? Who are you and what did you do with Bunny?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Right? I think he meant to say "once it goes black it never goes back". Sounds more like something Bunny would say.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My old man's version was "It's always darkest just before it *really* turns black."
    Paging OwenNeverSleeps to the white courtesy phone? The correct phrasing gentlemen is, “It’s always darkest right before it goes pitch-fucking-black.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

.... and dawn has been discontinued.

No, wait ...... " ...and Shillery is holding dawn for ransom."

Yeah; Benny just got interrupted before he could finish.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This forum will blow up in fifteen minutes.

This forum will blow up in fifteen minutes.
    It's been a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's been a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    WI continues the downward trend for absolutely no good reason. I guarantee its not because people are being careful or not going to bars & restaurants. Yesterday 1089 were in the hospital, mid November it was almost 2300. 22% of the states hospital beds are empty and the number of inpatients awaiting the result of their covid test was 35. That is the lowest that number has been since June when I started keeping track. Typically this number was closer to 200 and in the surge was 350 awaiting test results. ICU patients yesterday were 240 at the peak it was 456.
    I guess no good reason is better than nothing.

Found this an interesting read. Really speaks to human nature.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-ameri...095926632.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Mom lives in HI. She's been going crazy as see hasn't seen family since last Christmas. She's used to a couple trips out here and a couple of visitors there a year. My two sisters and I all made tentative plans to see her this winter. My little sister and I cancelled as Covid continued to get worse. My older sister from Boise pressed on. She and her husband and two early 20's daughters flew out for Christmas. I made my arguments, they went anyway.

My dad stopped over my house on xmas day. He's 78 and has emphysema. We usually do outside only, but it was cold and raining so we had him sit 10 feet away and we all masked up (5 of us). Not ideal, but it was Christmas and he wanted to see us. So we do a facetime call with the Hawaii fam. We were just chatting (all of us masked, none of them masked) and then the bro-in-law comes on the screen (he's not a Trumper, per say, but pretty conservative- ex military/FBI) and he sees my mask and busts out laughing. He says, "Uh... what? Is that like a California thing you got going on there?" I said, "No, there are 6 of us here from three different households, so we're taking Covid precautions. And my dad's here" Silence. Then the screen goes back to my sister and she can't keep a straight face and the entire Hawaii family erupts with laughter. After an awkward goodbye, I ask the people in the room- "Uh, is it me or did we just get laughed at?" Everyone was a little pissed. I'm still a little pissed. Can anyone explain what was so funny?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Mom lives in HI. She's been going crazy as see hasn't seen family since last Christmas. She's used to a couple trips out here and a couple of visitors there a year. My two sisters and I all made tentative plans to see her this winter. My little sister and I cancelled as Covid continued to get worse. My older sister from Boise pressed on. She and her husband and two early 20's daughters flew out for Christmas. I made my arguments, they went anyway.

My dad stopped over my house on xmas day. He's 78 and has emphysema. We usually do outside only, but it was cold and raining so we had him sit 10 feet away and we all masked up (5 of us). Not ideal, but it was Christmas and he wanted to see us. So we do a facetime call with the Hawaii fam. We were just chatting (all of us masked, none of them masked) and then the bro-in-law comes on the screen (he's not a Trumper, per say, but pretty conservative- ex military/FBI) and he sees my mask and busts out laughing. He says, "Uh... what? Is that like a California thing you got going on there?" I said, "No, there are 6 of us here from three different households, so we're taking Covid precautions. And my dad's here" Silence. Then the screen goes back to my sister and she can't keep a straight face and the entire Hawaii family erupts with laughter. After an awkward goodbye, I ask the people in the room- "Uh, is it me or did we just get laughed at?" Everyone was a little pissed. I'm still a little pissed. Can anyone explain what was so funny?
    Redundant question is redundant. Shaming someone for being safe is stupid and weak behavior. Sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure your mom didn't feel that way.

Only a Trump supporter could answer this. Comes down to their warped sense of humor with deadly viruses, racism, homophobia, misogyny, and bigotry.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

the common trait is pettiness. i got some on xmas too, feelsgoodman

Hawaii’s strategy for allowing outside travelers to enter the state (negative test 3 days before travel) is problematic. It’ll help reduce some infection into the state, but not eliminate it. Friends of mine that have entered the state (for different reasons) or live there are following similar conservative safety protocols as they would in areas with high infection rates.

GiBo-A lot of folks around Boise are not taking things seriously. At all. My FIL's cousin and his spouse died both died from covid a couple weeks ago. FIL and MIL are ticking a lot of boxes on the list for people who will die if they get Covid. They had family from six households over for meals and gifts over three days for Christmas. No masks, oldest is 90, youngest is 2. Three different colleges represented. We passed. Boise is considered liberal in Idaho but conservative outside of Idaho. Sad state of affairs. I used to find Boiseans at least thoughtful and considerate regardless of political leanings. It's not the case anymore...not sure if it's the influx of people or the ugly coming out. We were driving down the hill from skiing and a younger guy was stuck in the ditch pointing nose out into the road around a blind corner. Traffic wasn't stopping. I pulled around and parked in the middle of the road with my flashers on. The guy behind me blocked traffic uphill. I went to push the kid out and some asshole on the downhill side went around my truck, squeaked by the stuck car and yelled at me to get out of the way as I was pushing the stuck dude's car. Weird world we're living in.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Hawaii’s strategy for allowing outside travelers to enter the state (negative test 3 days before travel) is problematic. It’ll help reduce some infection into the state, but not eliminate it. Friends of mine that have entered the state (for different reasons) or live there are following similar conservative safety protocols as they would in areas with high infection rates.
    They all took tests. Then my nieces posted pics of themselves at restaurants and partying with friends after the test and before they left. And who the hell knows who you're getting on the plane with. I know if you were on that flight, it was with my careless nieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    GiBo-A lot of folks around Boise are not taking things seriously. At all. My FIL's cousin and his spouse died both died from covid a couple weeks ago. FIL and MIL are ticking a lot of boxes on the list for people who will die if they get Covid. They had family from six households over for meals and gifts over three days for Christmas. No masks, oldest is 90, youngest is 2. Three different colleges represented. We passed. Boise is considered liberal in Idaho but conservative outside of Idaho. Sad state of affairs. I used to find Boiseans at least thoughtful and considerate regardless of political leanings. It's not the case anymore...not sure if it's the influx of people or the ugly coming out. We were driving down the hill from skiing and a younger guy was stuck in the ditch pointing nose out into the road around a blind corner. Traffic wasn't stopping. I pulled around and parked in the middle of the road with my flashers on. The guy behind me blocked traffic uphill. I went to push the kid out and some asshole on the downhill side went around my truck, squeaked by the stuck car and yelled at me to get out of the way as I was pushing the stuck dude's car. Weird world we're living in.
    Sorry to hear about your wife's cousins.

I know, it's odd, my nieces think they're woke progressives. I guess compared to the rest of Idaho they are.

Just talked to my ex-CHP neighbor who moved to Meridian last year. He was visiting his old next-door neighbor. He went on for 20 minutes about how awesome it was that there were so many gun stores there, about Trump signs being everywhere, open carry legal and everyone carrying. I find those really odd things to rave about your new community. There are a lot of Californians moving to Idaho. Unfortunately, we are not sending you our best and brightest.

They all took tests. Then my nieces posted pics of themselves at restaurants and partying with friends after the test and before they left. And who the hell knows who you're getting on the plane with. I know if you were on that flight, it was with my careless nieces..
    Here's something might make you like them even more. We have a testing shortage. I had an exposure at work and called around to get a test. No test without symptoms and I didn't have any. The best advice I got was I could lie about symptoms to get the test. I sat out for 14 days instead which really wasn't that bad. Missed a couple days of poor conditions skiing and that was it.

So, unless people are lying about symptoms to travel, they shouldn't be getting tests in this place in the world. There's a wait list for people who are suffering symptoms. So, luckily your healthy relatives got tests to travel and then went and partied. Neat.

In my town in VT I can get a test now with not much of a reason, just need the doctor to call it in. The testing site is around the corner and often has a 10-15 car line at times. That's a far cry from March 6th when I was running a fever, felt like a freight train hit me twice in both directions, and was posting deliriously in this thread. Back then I couldn't get a test for love or money. I probably offered both at the time.