Page 887 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 ... LastLast
Results 22,151 to 22,175 of 41810
    Am I the only one who is terrified that Trump will become synonymous with “let’s start living, partying, socializing again” and if things don’t get phenomenally, horribly bad we’re going to have 4 more years? Like.... door # 1 = massive hospital overload and rationing of care and door # 2 = a second Trump term?

Dragging along as we are doesn’t feel like it’s quite shitty enough to make his platform a loser.
    focus.

Page 888. I sense our fortunes are changing. Much luck in the future!
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Page 888. I sense our fortunes are changing. Much luck in the future!
    Very lucky

25 years ago even:
    Name:  mapeos888A.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  eos88cover.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  18.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    My man. For real?

It's not the lack of common sense that's keeping us from succeeding.
    By far the dumbest thing I have seen so far during all of this was our local school district sent all the kids home for the year, but then a week later opened the elementary schools back up not to learn, but as daycare. You’ve got to be kidding me.

That's what you get what you don't mandate employer-provided childcare, or pay people enough to allow single-earner households to be commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Am I the only one who is terrified that Trump will become synonymous with “let’s start living, partying, socializing again” and if things don’t get phenomenally, horribly bad we’re going to have 4 more years? Like.... door # 1 = massive hospital overload and rationing of care and door # 2 = a second Trump term?

Dragging along as we are doesn’t feel like it’s quite shitty enough to make his platform a loser.
    I think that things are going to really get sucky come mid/late September, after schools have tried to be opened for a short while or have been trying to operate with remote learning again. The economy will plunge and/or teachers are going to be getting sick and/or students and families are going to be getting sick. Or we have a major natural disaster this summer requiring large displacement of individuals into shelters.

hurricane season is coming up

I guess coming into work sick is socially acceptable again. All but 1 or 2 people in my office have horrible, dry, chest rattling coughs, but they're still in the office for hours a day with their masks around their chins.

This in spite of the fact that we have been given the flexibility to work at home and are being encouraged to minimize our time in the office unless we have something to do that requires our presence. People are such shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I guess coming into work sick is socially acceptable again. All but 1 or 2 people in my office have horrible, dry, chest rattling coughs, but they're still in the office for hours a day with their masks around their chins.

This in spite of the fact that we have been given the flexibility to work at home and are being encouraged to minimize our time in the office unless we have something to do that requires our presence. People are such shitheads.
    Sounds like the Rona. Call HR... or the health department.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Seriously, repeatedly whingeing about your office on TRG isn't going to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I think that things are going to really get sucky come mid/late September, after schools have tried to be opened for a short while or have been trying to operate with remote learning again. The economy will plunge and/or teachers are going to be getting sick and/or students and families are going to be getting sick. Or we have a major natural disaster this summer requiring large displacement of individuals into shelters.
    I just heard a nasty but beliveble prediction that the real second wave (this isn't it, still the first), the real pandemic explosion, will start in late September and peak in February, and I see nothing in the present numbers and momentum to make me doubt that, especially this push to open schools on all levels soon. Hunker down people, much worse to come. You will look fondly back on this time of outside dining and backyard socializing and beach and mountain fun. All that will not be possible , and, sorry, ski season is fucked. Consider yourself lucky if you live in decent isolation in a place where you can recreate in winter outside your door, and have safe access to essentials. It's not going to be pretty, and Americans are proving that we will not deal with it very well at all.

Work from home?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You're putting a lot of blame on the government for racism. I'll take the other side of that bet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Work from home?
    This reminds me of that experience watching some white asshole that probably had too much to drink and had serious sociopathic tendencies walk up to a homeless person on Sixth Ave. and tell the poor soul to "go home!".

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    "HR" is the municipal Administrator, who is ardently anti-mask. She's been having meetings in her office with the door closed, 3-5 people present, and nobody wearing a mask for a couple weeks now.

Health Department wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't really know what evidence I could supply them with, Washington is a two-party state, so I can't send them a recording of the TB ward, err, office.

The guy who was unable to finish his spiel about how COVID is overblown and the best thing to do is to "bring everyone back to the office and open back up" without a coughing fit mid-way through was priceless though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Work from home?
    I do as much as possible, so I am minimizing my time in the office, but I still need to spend 2-3 hours a day there most days.

"HR" is the municipal Administrator, who is ardently anti-mask. Health Department wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't really know what evidence I could supply them with, Washington is a two-party state, so I can't send them a recording of the TB ward, err, office.
    So you file complaint with HR. Pointing out latest state mask rules.

Ask for his reply in writing.

If it's anything less than requiring compliance you send it to health dept, Inslee's covid19 hotline and any other official body and local media you can think of.

And the muni admin answers to the city council. Don't forget to copy them. On everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    hurricane season is coming up
    Fire season is already here

"HR" is the municipal Administrator, who is ardently anti-mask. She's been having meetings in her office with the door closed, 3-5 people present, and nobody wearing a mask for a couple weeks now.

Health Department wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't really know what evidence I could supply them with, Washington is a two-party state, so I can't send them a recording of the TB ward, err, office.

The guy who was unable to finish his spiel about how COVID is overblown and the best thing to do is to "bring everyone back to the office and open back up" without a coughing fit mid-way through was priceless though.

I do as much as possible, so I am minimizing my time in the office, but I still need to spend 2-3 hours a day there most days.
    Take a steamy dump on the boss’s desk

Collect unemployment

Problem solved
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I support opening the schools in the fall and am beginning to fall into the "protect the vulnerable, test, contact trace and contain" mindset. Maybe that is wrong, but every other option is feeling pretty hopeless at this point.
    You realize we can't even protect the incarcerated, right? So how exactly does that work? You open "the economy" but give everyone with a comorbidity in the household $600 a week until their employer objects? Or does "protect the vulnerable" actually have any meaning at all beyond sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the vulnerable? I mean, obviously there's a great plan for the testing and tracing just waiting to start next week, so I'm totally on board with that part. Totally.

What were the other options?

According to CDC obesity puts you in the vulnerable catagory.

According to CDC 42% of US population is obese.

A tale of two countries:

The US never locked down from the top down (National strategy), Florida has 11,000 cases in one day.

Australia has 190 cases in one day and the entire country goes into lockdown with individual states not allowing travel between them something that hasn't happened in 100 years.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You realize we can't even protect the incarcerated, right? So how exactly does that work? You open "the economy" but give everyone with a comorbidity in the household $600 a week until their employer objects? Or does "protect the vulnerable" actually have any meaning at all beyond sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the vulnerable? I mean, obviously there's a great plan for the testing and tracing just waiting to start next week, so I'm totally on board with that part. Totally.

What were the other options?
    Exactly... we have a disease with long incubation and cryptic transmission.... and a society full of multigenerational households, diabetics, obese, elderly... the "vulnerable minority" is HUGE. So how will you keep those folks isolated? And the people who interact with, live with, or care for them? Now you are talking about the majority of the population.

Hey but it sounded like a nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    A tale of two countries:

The US never locked down from the top down (National strategy), Florida has 11,000 cases in one day.

Australia has 190 cases in one day and the entire country goes into lockdown with individual states not allowing travel between them something that hasn't happened in 100 years.
    Butt freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Take a steamy dump on the boss’s desk

Collect unemployment

Problem solved
    That would disqualify you from unemployment eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Recording a conversation without consent is a misdemeanor. But you can video, without audio, all you want without consent. And even if you record audio without consent, whichever prosecutor who has jurisdiction over you WILL NOT be prosecuting you for a crime for a exposing mask violation. I could see if you lived in Florida or Texas that you would be afraid to speak up. But you live in Western Washington. Ratting out your superiors for not following the mask law is grounds for a promotion here. If they retaliate against you get Danny Westneat at the Seattle Times to do a front page expose, and retire young off your settlement proceeds. Not taking COVID seriously may be a thing throughout the US but not for the vast majority in Western WA, and the politicians realize this. And the republican city you work for is rapidly becoming a blue city, like the rest of the Seattle suburbs.