Page 753 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,825 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Sorry to hear that about Redding. One of my favorite annual trips takes place near there in late Summer. I'm hoping it'll happen this year. Hopefully Summer weather and social hostility holds off a Redding outbreak until after my trip. I hope to be hanging with friends, sharing Coronas with limes.
    I'm sure some of them are very fine people.

I've been trying to come up with the best line to defuse aggro nuts like these. perhaps "I live with my grandma and she told me she'd whup my ass if she found out i took this off"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I've been trying to come up with the best line to defuse aggro nuts like these. perhaps "I live with my grandma and she told me she'd whup my ass if she found out i took this off"
    Speak in a language they understand. Open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm sure some of them are very fine people.
    Thanks. I have met some fine people there. Including some in that Costco. And a nicely priced hot dog
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Honestly - back when we were migrating from Powmag to here did you even have anything remotely like this on your radar? I didn't.

Sometimes the world just throws you a spitball.
    Serious spitball.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"Originally Posted by Core Shot

If you’re under 70. You’re more likely to die from lightning. Or a shark attack."

People get off the golf course when there's lightning. They get out of the water when they see a shark fin. Even the alt right.
    True

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    "Originally Posted by Core Shot

If you’re under 70. You’re more likely to die from lightning. Or a shark attack."

People get off the golf course when there's lightning. They get out of the water when they see a shark fin. Even the alt right.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Oberstleutnant Jgb was much more humourous in his Schutzstaffel way when busily defending Nazis

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    time to cull the nerds

this is crazy if true. flowrida is riding deSantis hard on this one. firing a programmer because of her refusal to manipulate data. eerily familiar territory for the pink sock state.

Can someone summon Ron Johnson on this matter? He knows a shitload about data manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    jgb, et al

Please research excess deaths, and get back to us on undercounting Covid deaths. Or tell us what other thing is killing us these last few months.

Also, in case you've forgotten, in the absence of protective measures, Covid infections double every few days. This is a fundamental property of this virus and human populations. It hasn't changed. The quantity of critical healthcare resources hasn't changed much either. Let Covid run wild again and in short order, sick people who'd otherwise survive will die simply because all the healthcare is in use by sick people.

I'm unsure why NYC, Wuhan, Spain, Italy, etc are insufficient examples of overrunning healthcare. There's no need for another American example. Though I recognize we may take that course.
    NY health dept had interesting excess death results
    Something like 13K confirmed. 5k assumed and 5k other causes. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e5.htm

JGB would do better with the lancet study though https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...854-0/fulltext

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Thx bro. I laughed it off and gave him a virtual hug.
    But that one hurt a bit. It’s weird to hear a full on “Kill yourself” from someone you think shares your same love of pow and life lived.

This shit virus has some folks inside out and upside down.
    I’m trying to keep the level
    Knowing none of us gets out of here alive
    But wishing everyone a good ride along the way
    keepen er levels nevers a bad plan
    id report that post but whats the point
    everything in moderation
    well except
    any form of moderation at this point
    civility matters
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You're saying that low dose exposure without transmission produces immunity? Is there evidence of that? I would think that in order to produce antibodies the virus must be replicating to some degree--ie transmission. Is there evidence that the difference between symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers is the number of virons in the exposure, rather than differences in the host immune response or genetic susceptibility? Is their quantitative evidence of antibody titers between symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers?
    Similar to a vaccine?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    not even in the most hopeful wishcasting of trumps new pr blonde could that be true.

even if the deaths are overstated a bit (maybe or maybe not) we have 90k dead of 1.5M cases after 60 days.

a typical flu season is 40k. is 90k in two months significantly higher than 40?

on the uss theodore they tested everyone aboard and the number of asymptomatic cases isn’t anywhere close to what you are suggesting and that is probably our best controlled study to date.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVI...dore_Roosevelt

4500 sailors
    678 positive
    400 of those asymptomatic

there are almost 20M people over 75 years old in the usa. if it went around the same way it destroyed old folks homes in new york it would be an unimaginable number of deaths.
    How many sailors died?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.25.03 AM.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	441.4 KB 
ID:	329103
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Karens are having so much fun. What a great time to be alive!

=========

Austin Mayor Steve Adler decided to channel his inner Kim Jong Un on Monday when he announced an extension of the city’s shelter-in-place orders.

But it was the decision to urge Austinites to rat out their neighbors that raised eyebrows. As you might imagine, the Karens of the city took Adler’s exhortation to heart.

The mayor declared that the updated version of the order, which mandated the closure of non-essential businesses and the implementation of social distancing practices, would now require residents to wear face masks when they go out in public. The new order extends the restrictions to May 8.

According to the Mayor, the city will impose penalties against those caught in public without wearing the face coverings. These punishments could include fines of up to $1,000 and even jail time. Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhart, who was with the Mayor during the announcement, said: “There certainly will be enforcement if we do not see a community-wide embrace of social distancing and appropriate masking.” She added, “If we see really egregious violations that are threatening community health, we will certainly enforce.”

Adler then stated that they are hoping for Austinites to “self-police,” and affirmed that “these kinds of orders carry with them criminal penalties and the force of law.” At this point, he urged residents to report those who are not complying with the order. “If you see violations in the community, construction sites, restaurants, it’d be good to call 311 and let the city and the county know that that’s happening.”
    Austin 311 is a non-emergency contact line for the city. It is normally used to report fallen trees, malfunctioning traffic lights, and other such issues. But residents don’t only have to call the line to report activity — they can even use the Austin 311 app. Just as we have seen in Kentucky, many people are using the app to rat out their neighbors.

Here are some of the reports people have made on the app:

“3 guys not practicing social distancing.”

“2 guys on roof not practicing social distancing.”

“There is a large group of 10 or more people in my neighbor’s front yard.”

“Home Depot not requiring customers to wear face coverings per newest city/county order.”

“Ongoing basketball games, I have been noticing almost every afternoon people are violating the social distancing guidelines and playing basketball in large groups around 5pm at [a local park]”

“Two workers for DPR sitting together.”

“There is a group of people … that are being disruptive and not adhering to social distancing or stay at home orders.”

“People are not keeping social distancing of 6ft and are not wearing face coverings at Domain Central Park.”
    These are only a small sample of the reports being sent by Austin residents through the app.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    d00d, I've been wondering a lot about this myself. This is especially important in the "Wear a mask lest you infect others" bitch slapping contest occurring nation-wide. Regrettably, I find that there is a paucity of published data to make any reasonable conclusions with respect to the asymptomatic crowd (understandable as this group is more difficult to identify) vs. "Full Blown Covid" group (the “Symptomats”).

Earlier today I read two reports (one non-peer reviewed) that shared clinical observations (i.e., they weren't hypothesis-driven studies). And while these observations seemed interesting (they report that the Symptomats have either 33 or 100-fold the viral capacity that the Asymptomats do, depending on the report, with the peak viral load occurring at either 4.1 or 2.7 days prior to the onset of symptoms, I had no idea if these are valid observations. No controls, don’t know if their methods were valid, didn’t recognize their statistical tests. Can't derive anything useful from this. I’m guessing that any report on Asymptomats will prove equally painful to figure out.

Maybe a bit simple-minded (I never did a clinical study), but in order to gain anything meaningful, you’d perhaps have to design a study in which a reasonably diverse cohort are exposed to Bat-Death Virus concurrently, in an infection-inducing dose, and then subsequently tested daily for virus and / or viron capacity, while observing for COVID-19 symptoms. This may provide a reasonable way to distinguish between the Symptomats and Asymptomats as far as their ability to infect. I doubt that such a study would ever be approved in the US for obvious reasons.

Simple-minded proposals aside, from the beginning of this 2020 Bat-Death Virus odyssey, and especially due to limitations in understanding certain aspects of the epidemic, my thinking has generally followed the tenet of Oscar Meyer's Razor; the simplest explanation is often best (Cause if I were a Oscar Mayer razor, Everyone would be in love, Oh everyone would be in love, Everyone would be in love with me). Under this supposition, folks not presenting symptoms or just mild symptoms have immune systems that are kicking virus ass, leaving little opportunity for repeated replication cycles. Their viral capacity will thus be significantly lower than any Symptomat. Of course this group can still theoretically infect others, with such likelihood being dependent on other (myriad) factors. But knowing what their capacity to infect would certainly aid in resolving the on-going arguments on masks as well as allow for informed government policy at all levels.
    Stephen Miller would love to try that on some unaccompanied undocumented minors in a camp in the desert somewhere. He's probably got a boner about it right now.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I gots 50 says least one of them roofers te gustas santana and their both high
    theres one smoking a joint another with spots
    if they had there way........
    I guess the neighbor narc apps reports better than shooting the perps
    They reclose Georgia yet?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The mask may not help much with the covid but it most definitely helps with the allergies.

Apparently it's not enough to refuse to wear at mask; it's also necessary to insult and be openly hostile to those who do. These people are deplorables.

"Susanne Baremore traveled from Mendocino County to her former hometown of Redding to clean the apartment of a friend who killed herself after becoming severely depressed as the economy collapsed.

Baremore stopped at Walmart and Costco for cleaning supplies. At each store, she said she was accosted by people offended she was wearing a mask.

At Costco, she had just gotten out of her car and was donning her mask when a woman walked by and said, “ ‘Oh, so you believe the lie?’ “

Baremore stared back but said nothing. The woman continued badgering her: “You’re just sheeple. You’re just sheep.”

At Walmart, as she waited for a shopping cart, she stood back from other shoppers in an obvious attempt to practice social distancing.

A man confronted her.

“What are you really afraid of?” the man said, edging uncomfortably close.

Baremore said the encounters left her shaken.

“I’ve been in the Redding Walmart when it was extremely crowded like at Christmas and times like that and had people be more polite than they were during social spacing,” Baremore said. “I don’t understand.”

Judy Salter had a similar experience. Salter, who is 71 and has a compromised immune system, was at a Redding Safeway last week and encountered a man who was ignoring the directional arrows placed on the floor to discourage face-to-face congestion.

“I put on my curious voice and I said, ‘Oh gosh. Hi! You know they’ve got these arrows going now so we don’t have to go next to each other. So maybe when you go to the next aisle, notice the arrows.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to pay any GD attention to those arrows, and you’re a fascist bitch.’ “

She replied the arrows were placed “to help us older people.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ar...ignews_related
    unfortunately , what those who are attacking people wearing masks are doing is a form of Assault, practiced by and promoted by ( our elected leader ) :
    don't agree with someone (?) verbally attack them.

those ( I am reluctant to call them people ) who engage in this behavior, are not interested in Information, they are interested in intimidation ;
    they are not interested in Reason or reasoning - remember, we now live in a society where many believe there are "alternative facts" and anything one does not agree with can simply be dismissed as "Fake news" ...

in my opinion, it is best to try to avoid those who engage in intimidation - escalation is what they seek (!)

riots like the 1960s may be ahead :
    seeing the weaponry that is being brandished at state capitols. . .
    ( one thing I have tried to [add to consideration] in the last five years, is the realization that anyone on the street may be armed - is any encounter worth potentially getting shot.
    these are the times we live in. )

my suggestion - and it is not my nature-
    my suggestion is do not engage --
    If you have the option, do not be alone - much less often will a bully target more than an individual -

( please) Be polite and be pleasant
    unfortunately, wearing masks makes it very difficult to offer a Smile - but 'Please... ', and 'thank you... ' still may allow one to pass...

if Life hasn't already changed ,
    Life is changing...

Be well ,
    ( please) Be Safe...

peace... tj

Has anyone studied whether midgets (little people) and really tall people (like the Dutch) might be less prone to catching the virus at short distances? It seems that (according to this diagram) they would be under/over the droplet spread for a good portion of the distance and even more on a windy day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	231922_web.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	329108
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone studied whether midgets (little people) and really tall people (like the Dutch) might be less prone to catching the virus at short distances? It seems that (according to this diagram) they would be under/over the droplet spread for a good portion of the distance and even more on a windy day.
    They have. A study used hamsters (is that small enough?) with fans to simulate the wind blowing across cages from an infected group to a healthy group. Mask barriers were placed just on cages with the infected hamsters, or masks covering the healthy hamsters:

-no masks over cages- 67% infected

-mask over healthy hamster cage- 33% infected

-mask over COVID-19 hamster cage- 17% infected

The results shows that if infected hamsters* or humans — asymptomatic or symptomatic ones — put on masks, they protect other people.

*Hamsters apparently have similar enzyme receptors as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    They have. A study used hamsters (is that small enough?) with fans to simulate the wind blowing across cages from an infected group to a healthy group. Mask barriers were placed just on cages with the infected hamsters, or masks covering the healthy hamsters:

-no masks over cages- 67% infected

-mask over healthy hamster cage- 33% infected

-mask over COVID-19 hamster cage- 17% infected

The results shows that if infected hamsters* or humans — especially asymptomatic or symptomatic ones — put on masks, they protect other people.

*Hamsters apparently have similar enzyme receptors as humans.
    If the hamster spins its exercise wheel will the cage take off, though?

Despite all the wheels they're still just a rat in a cage.

Despite all its rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    EDIT: Yo, Splat, might this Maggot provide a list of all currently known known underlying conditions, and why the fuck is there that arrow lopping through SoCal, Las Vegas, Utah, and pointing towards Archuleta county, CO? Trying to fucking scare me?
    You should be feeling Great.
    The other arrow is pointing deep into dark Red. Obviously the Lowest and Highest. Stay home and you are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    n.......

on the uss theodore they tested everyone aboard and the number of asymptomatic cases isn’t anywhere close to what you are suggesting and that is probably our best controlled study to date.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVI...dore_Roosevelt

4500 sailors
    678 positive
    400 of those asymptomatic

I think your misunderstanding asymptomatic vs not requiring hospitalization. ~60% were asymptomatic, about 1% required hospitalization (7), about .15% died (1). A navy ship is not really representative of the general population at all.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.