Page 700 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There's no hope.
    Yeah. A million dead, our economy pretty much in ruins

I’m awaiting test results...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know the saying. A single death is a tragedy...

Just dropping this and gotta run. Pretty well thought out article about transmissability and such https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Chairman Harold Frazier. Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe is not removing coronavirus checkpoints in South Dakota

Despite South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem requesting the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe take down its coronavirus checkpoints, tribe Chairman Harold Frazier told CNN they’re going to stay put.

The main purpose of the checkpoints set up by the tribe is to monitor and try to track coronavirus should it ever come into tribal lands, Frazier said.

“We want to ensure that people coming from ‘hot spots’ or highly infected areas, we ask them to go around our land,” Frazier tells CNN.

Noem’s request to take down the checkpoints came because she said they “interfere with regulating traffic on U.S. and state highways.”

“With the lack of resources we have medically, this is our best tool we have right now to try to prevent (the spread of Covid-19),” Frazier told CNN.

Frazier said reservations are ill-equipped to deal with a coronavirus outbreak adding that, “the nearest health care, critical care is three hours away from where we live.”

Frazier said the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe has only an eight-bed facility on the reservation and no intensive care unit for the 12,000 people who live on the reservation.

A letter written by Noem’s policy director, Maggie Seidel, points to a memorandum pertaining to road closures on tribal lands issued by the Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Indian Affairs, written April 8.

The memorandum states tribes “may restrict road use or close” tribal-owned roads temporarily without first consulting with the secretary of the interior or private landowners under conditions involving “immediate safety or life-threatening situations.” Seidel points out that the memorandum does not give tribes the authority to manage the flow of traffic to state and US highways.

“The checkpoints on state and U.S. highways are not legal, and if they don’t come down, the state will take the matter to Federal court, as Governor Noem noted in her Friday letter,” the letter reads.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

NY isn't where all the deplorables live. Older guy posted on the town FB page that he wished people would wear a mask and more than 20 people told him to "Go fuck yourself." No aliases.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Just back from Home Depot. <10% masks, everyone crowding in and around you. Families wandering around like they had never been to the Big City before. Grocery store was a bit better.
    Went to sLowes yesterday. The big family groups just stunned me.

About 60% were wearing masks. None of the families though - which figures I guess. I assume they must have Jesus on their side? Maybe used him as contraception too? Would explain the age spread of the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I was just thinking how Trump has been allowed to do to all of America that he did to AC. Fucking human wrecking ball with no penalty.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Went to sLowes yesterday. The big family groups just stunned me.

About 60% were wearing masks. None of the families though - which figures I guess. I assume they must have Jesus on their side? Maybe used him as contraception too? Would explain the age spread of the kids.
    Issaquah?

What a shit show.

Home depot regulates people coming in the door which is nice, no checkout lines, just the line outside. Lowe’s had no door restrictions and closed all the registers but 2 (one inside and one home and garden) and the line wrapped halfway through the store, blocking isles.

This was 2 weeks ago so maybe they fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Just back from Home Depot. <10% masks, everyone crowding in and around you. Families wandering around like they had never been to the Big City before. Grocery store was a bit better.
    I've been trying to make some returns at the Lowes across the street for a week, and every time I saw the parking lot I bailed.

Finally did it this morning at 8 with nobody there.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Issaquah?

What a shit show.

Home depot regulates people coming in the door which is nice, no checkout lines, just the line outside. Lowe’s had no door restrictions and closed all the registers but 2 (one inside and one home and garden) and the line wrapped halfway through the store, blocking isles.

This was 2 weeks ago so maybe they fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah.

The line to get in home depot was almost around the building yesterday a.m.

50 people lining up at Lowes to get through the two open front registers.

The guy at the single register at the east side of building by the lumber section was waiting for something, anything to scan when I left via that exit.

No, the top 25% is doing just fine. It’s the bottom half that is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    My dentist would like a word.
    Not sure what dentists are whining about. They are medical nk professionals so can practice. For some odd reason the ADA has said emergency only. Fact that, a cavity is enough of an emergency for me. Sure a cleaning g can probably wait, but if you are ready have perio, then you should be cleaned sooner rather then later.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

It won't be real for most Americans until people they know start dropping. And then it will be too late. When they do finally get religion--if they see you running down the street without a mask they will chase you n their pickups and shoot you down.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Epic!

Yer dreamin pops
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Chairman Harold Frazier. Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe is not removing coronavirus checkpoints in South Dakota

Despite South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem requesting the Cheyenne Rjiver Sioux Tribe take down its coronavirus checkpoints, tribe Chairman Harold Frazier told CNN they’re going to stay put.

The main purpose of the checkpoints set up by the tribe is to monitor and try to track coronavirus should it ever come into tribal lands, Frazier said.

“We want to ensure that people coming from ‘hot spots’ or highly infected areas, we ask them to go around our land,” Frazier tells CNN.

Noem’s request to take down the checkpoints came because she said they “interfere with regulating traffic on U.S. and state highways.”

“With the lack of resources we have medically, this is our best tool we have right now to try to prevent (the spread of Covid-19),” Frazier told CNN.

Frazier said reservations are ill-equipped to deal with a coronavirus outbreak adding that, “the nearest health care, critical care is three hours away from where we live.”

Frazier said the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe has only an eight-bed facility on the reservation and no intensive care unit for the 12,000 people who live on the reservation.

A letter written by Noem’s policy director, Maggie Seidel, points to a memorandum pertaining to road closures on tribal lands issued by the Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Indian Affairs, written April 8.

The memorandum states tribes “may restrict road use or close” tribal-owned roads temporarily without first consulting with the secretary of the interior or private landowners under conditions involving “immediate safety or life-threatening situations.” Seidel points out that the memorandum does not give tribes the authority to manage the flow of traffic to state and US highways.

“The checkpoints on state and U.S. highways are not legal, and if they don’t come down, the state will take the matter to Federal court, as Governor Noem noted in her Friday letter,” the letter reads.
    Fuck yeah. Lokota seen the white mans germs already.

I thought they had some small sovereignty on the Rez.

Wakan tanka.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Not sure what dentists are whining about. They are medical nk professionals so can practice. For some odd reason the ADA has said emergency only. Fact that, a cavity is enough of an emergency for me. Sure a cleaning g can probably wait, but if you are ready have perio, then you should be cleaned sooner rather then later.
    The only way dentists can practice with a reasonable degree of safety would be with PAPRs I would think. And it's both the dentist and the asst at risk.
    Had dinner in the backyard with friends last night--about 12 feet apart, they brought their own plates and silverware and cups. She's a pediatrician, cut back to half time. She wears a paper mask--not N95 all day at work. The same mask. For a week. And the clinic is almost out and can't get more. A country that cannot manufacture an adequate number of simple paper medical masks cannot call itself the greatest country on earth, or in the Western Hemisphere, or in North America, or even the greatest country in the USA.

We have great scientists who can tell us what we need to do, but there is no one at the federal level who seems capable of organizing the logistics and infrastructure of a response. I hope that people will start to realize that as much as we dislike politicians--running a city, or a state, or a country is a job, like any other job, and requires a certain amount of training and experience, like any job. It is no more a job for amateurs than is running a nuclear reactor. Imagine interviewing for a job and when you're asked what experience you have in that line of work, you answer "None, that's what will make me so good at it." The next time some candidate boasts about how little experience in politics they have our response should be the same as the boss doing that interview.
    Last edited by old goat; 05-10-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I’m awaiting test results...
    *having positive thoughts about a negative outcome*
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The only way dentists can practice with a reasonable degree of safety would be with PAPRs I would think. And it's both the dentist and the asst at risk.
    Had dinner in the backyard with friends last night--about 12 feet apart, they brought their own plates and silverware and cups. She's a pediatrician, cut back to half time. She wears a paper mask--not N95 all day at work. The same mask. For a week. And the clinic is almost out and can't get more. A country that cannot manufacture an adequate number of simple paper medical masks cannot call itself the greatest country on earth, or in the Western Hemisphere, or in North America, or even the greatest country in the USA.

We have great scientists who can tell us what we need to do, but there is no one at the federal level who seems capable of organizing the logistics and infrastructure of a response. I hope that people will start to realize that as much as we dislike politicians--running a city, or a state, or a country is a job, like any other job, and requires a certain amount of training and experience, like any job. It is no more a job for amateurs than is running a nuclear reactor. Imagine interviewing for a job and when you're asked what experience you have in that line of work, you answer "None, that's what will make me so good at it." The next time some candidate boasts about how little experience in politics they have our response should be the same as the boss doing that interview.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Just dropping this and gotta run. Pretty well thought out article about transmissability and such https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them
    Thanks for that. Good article.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    NY isn't where all the deplorables live. Older guy posted on the town FB page that he wished people would wear a mask and more than 20 people told him to "Go fuck yourself." No aliases.
    Unless you want threats to burn your house down you don't dare say anything around here.

My grandfather, like many in the US side of my family, was a long term Republican and bought in strongly to the idea of shared sacrifice and balancing rights with responsibilities. I don’t know quite when the mainstream right lost the plot and latched on to a more selfish vibe.

Name:  48BB4FCD-FC5E-4C1A-A5BB-35443E7197FB.jpeg
Views: 1381
Size:  41.5 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BFC00A09-D502-49F6-9FAD-62A1E37CB564.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	479.8 KB 
ID:	328083