Page 583 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    because nobody likes an e-mtber? perfect for social distancing.
    There it is!

The theory is starting to get some science behind it. My coworkers brother, 30 something YO, went to the hospital in Feb and said he had pneumonia they said no. He died three days later of respiratory issues?? I'm doing a huge project in Santa Clara and we had a round of flu this year in Jan-Feb that was gnarly. People missed weeks of work.

1st Known U.S. COVID-19 Death Was Weeks Earlier Than Previously Thought
    April 22, 202010:04 AM ET
    BILL CHAPPELL

Twitter

Santa Clara County's medical examiner says a person who died on Feb. 6 has posthumously tested positive for COVID-19. Here, medical students, faculty and volunteers take blood samples during a coronavirus antibody study in Mountain View, Calif., earlier this month.
    MediaNews Group/The Mercury News/MediaNews Group via Getty Images
    The first U.S. death known to be from COVID-19 occurred on Feb. 6 – nearly three weeks before deaths in Washington state that were originally believed to be the country's first from the coronavirus, according to officials in Santa Clara County, Calif. The person died at home, and at a time when testing in the U.S. was tightly limited not only by capacity but by federal criteria.

The person is one of three people posthumously identified as dying from COVID-19 in Santa Clara County, after the medical examiner-coroner carried out autopsies and sent samples to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The other two deaths took place on Feb. 17 and March 6.

"These three individuals died at home during a time when very limited testing was available only through the CDC," the county's health department said as it announced the findings. "Testing criteria set by the CDC at the time restricted testing to only individuals with a known travel history and who sought medical care for specific symptoms."

The Bay Area county, which had previously reported its first COVID-19 death on March 9, says it will likely identify more coronavirus deaths as its investigation continues.

Revelations about the deaths in early February underscore a point that public health officials often make when talking about a viral outbreak: that it's difficult, if not impossible, to get an accurate real-time picture of a disease's actual impact. By the time test results and statistics emerge, experts say, the information is weeks out of date.

At the time of the person's death on Feb. 6, the first known death outside of China had only been reported less than a week earlier, in the Philippines. U.S. cases then numbered in the tens, not the thousands.

Two days before the death in Santa Clara, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was urging people to wash hands and take other precautions to curb transmission of the virus. But the agency also said via Twitter, "CDC does not currently recommend the use of facemasks to help prevent novel #coronavirus. #2019nCoV is not spreading in communities in the US" – two positions it later reversed, as the disease's global impact grew.

At the start of February, COVID-19 had not yet been declared a pandemic and it didn't yet have an official name; it was still mainly known as the "2019 novel coronavirus."

By the end of February, President Trump announced the first U.S. coronavirus death had occurred on Feb. 28. Within days, officials in King County, Wash., said two people had died from the disease earlier, on Feb. 26. And they noted that they were seeing signs of community spread of the virus, as people were being hospitalized without having any known exposure to it.

The U.S. has now confirmed more than 825,000 COVID-19 cases, including 45,000 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.36.35 AM.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	326111
    Live Free or Die

Ha ^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    more goodness from Franklin County Washington:

UPDATE: Franklin commissioners defy state order. Businesses can reopen, they say

And one of the commissioners, Curt Didier, is suing Inslee for his "stay home, stay safe" proclamation on the grounds it's unconstitutional.
    The football player thinks he's a lawyer now? That's cute. Something tells me the state attorneys are about to make an interception.

The dog v. cat opinion column is great.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    more goodness from Franklin County Washington:

UPDATE: Franklin commissioners defy state order. Businesses can reopen, they say

And one of the commissioners, Curt Didier, is suing Inslee for his "stay home, stay safe" proclamation on the grounds it's unconstitutional.
    Well, my uncle and aunt are on the other side of the river. So they are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    The theory is starting to get some science behind it. My coworkers brother, 30 something YO, went to the hospital in Feb and said he had pneumonia they said no. He died three days later of respiratory issues?? I'm doing a huge project in Santa Clara and we had a round of flu this year in Jan-Feb that was gnarly. People missed weeks of work.

CDC is estimating 40 million flu cases this season so far which peaked in February. So tens of millions had it Jan-Feb., and the B version being particularly nasty this time. How many people do you think had COVID in January and February in the states out of tens of millions?

USA
    death : population
    45000 : 328000000 = 0,00013719512
    Tirol (austria)
    95 : 754705 = 0,00012455198

can somebody explain me those numbers

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    There's nothing like breathing in a bunch of black flies or mosquitoes while you are climbing a steep trail on the MTB and breathing heavy.
    Wear a buff. I’ve been wearing one biking, just cause, I might pass a person or two on single track. Turns out it is great for keeping bugs out.

I learned this when I pulled off my buff once in a part of the park I rarely see people. As soon as I pulled it down I inhaled some flying bug. Spat it out and pulled the buff back up.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    USA
    45000 : 328000000 = 0,00013719512
    Tirol (austria)
    95 : 754705 = 0,00012455198

can somebody explain me those numbers

No, because the conclusion you're trying to draw is complete bullshit, utterly meaningless and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    because nobody likes an e-mtber? perfect for social distancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    There it is!
    Lurker nails his line.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    No, because the conclusion you're trying to draw is complete bullshit, utterly meaningless and you know it.
    is it?

sweden
    1937 : 10328000 = 0,00018754841

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ormation-death

The final part of the paper uses two different regression models to show that, in fact, there is good reason to believe that Hannity viewership did increase coronavirus deaths relative to Carlson viewership.

In the first model, they compare data on the two shows’ ratings in different areas to county-level data on coronavirus infections and deaths. Specifically, they compare Hannity viewership to coronavirus rates two weeks later — the time it would take for the virus to start presenting in virtually all infected, symptomatic individuals.

After controlling for a number of confounding variables, ranging from overall television viewership rates to demographic factors like race, they find a clear relationship: Areas with greater Hannity viewership had more cases and more deaths. This relationship weakened after Hannity changes his show’s tune in mid-March, suggesting that it is in fact the programming driving the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Washington State may soon allow outdoor recreation, elective surgeries, and certain construction projects (all presumably before the May 4 lock down expires). 1,500 people are being assembled to do contact tracing starting by the second week of May. Governor Inslee says to successfully reopen, the state needs to be able to conduct between 20,000 and 30,000 tests daily (right now, the capacity is 4,000 tests).
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    FWIW, he was quite clear in his press conference that those things would happen on/after May 4 as part of the phased reopening, insinuating that the stay-at-home order might be extended. That's also the direction my jurisdiction has gotten about a potential limited/restricted resumption of construction after May 4.
    Snohomish County Sheriff watched Inslee's press conference yesterday and decided Inslee's plan wasn't much of a plan so he decided he would no longer be enforcing the stay at home order. And unlike right-wing Franklin County, Snohomish County votes democrat and has the third highest per-capita income, and third highest population, of any county in the State.

another one
    Local district of landeck (ischgl & st anton) local clusters
    14 : 44362 = 0,00031558541

Did anyone get one of the ccp texts? I didn’t.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/u...formation.html

this one is shocking
    new york city

10657 : 8300000 = 0,0012839759

edit: please correct me if those number dont line up..... population to deathrate
    Last edited by nordekette; 04-22-2020 at 11:25 AM.

this one is shocking
    new york city

10657 : 83000000 = 0,0012839759

edit: please correct me if those number dont line up..... population to deathrate
    Well shit, I had no idea NYC had a population of 83 million.......Beat it kook.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

this one is shocking
    new york city

10657 : 83000000 = 0,0012839759

83M people live in NYC? Take a lap jong.

^^
    Beat me to it.

Speaking of mosquitos, hiked the road behind my house a few days ago (I live near Buff Pass). It's shady and cold due to aspect, not enough snow to ski down anymore so brought the snowshoes to mitigate the posthole fest once it got to around 8500ft. Stopped for a few minutes for a snack in a nice snowy meadow, temps were hovering in the 40s. Within minutes I was swarmed by mosquitos, thousands of them. They looked desperate, like they haven't seen human flesh in forever, which is probably true. Surprised to see them this early, though we did have some high temps the week before. I ran. I think the bugs are gonna be in full force with less people/pets to pester/feed on this summer.

another one
    Local district of landeck (ischgl & st anton) local clusters
    14 : 44362 = 0,00031558541
    San Marino 40:33917 = 0.00117
    Singapore 12:5639000 = 0.00000213

Gee isn't math fun?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well shit, I had no idea NYC had a population of 83 million.......Beat it kook.
    well, the math result is correct if you ignore the typo

0.13% is higher than the others

and the others are in-line so far
    . . .