Page 991 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 ... LastLast
Results 24,751 to 24,775 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Do you just repeat this CA mantra every three days?

We get it. You don’t like your southern neighbors. You’ve told us numerous times. And while I’ll agree with some of your assertions, repeating them twice a week is becoming tiring. Any chance you can pick a new topic to beat into the ground next week?
    Starting in grade school then high school where the only reason I graduated was to get rid of me and on thru my career at IBM, I have spent my life being an annoying fuck and a graduate of the Don Rickles charm school

thing about it is if you are gona shoot yer mouth off like that you better better be right or at least not wrong

Its part of my DNA and not liable to change any time soon so if you don't like it ... you can always leave

eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So how many of you are dining out these days? I mean actually sitting down at a restaurant. Do you opt for outside or will you do inside too? Here in Washington, at least in my county, you have to be from the same household to dine together inside.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I assume anyone willing to eat in a restaurant is a mouth breathing Covid denier. As such I don’t dine in.

Didn't go out to dinner much before unless I had visitors for out of town, maybe 10 times a year.

Now? NFW.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So how many of you are dining out these days? I mean actually sitting down at a resturant. Do you opt for outside or will you do inside too? Here in Washington, at least in my county, you have to be from the same household to dine together inside.
    We have dined "out" twice since March. Both times on a SD'd patio. At this point in the game, however, I would NOT even dine on a patio...

So how many of you are dining out these days? I mean actually sitting down at a restaurant. Do you opt for outside or will you do inside too? Here in Washington, at least in my county, you have to be from the same household to dine together inside.
    We rarely dined out or did takeout pre-covid, because we po'. So now? Have done takeout twice since mid-March, have not dined out anywhere, inside or out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I assume anyone willing to eat in a restaurant is a mouth breathing Covid denier. As such I don’t dine in.
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Didn't go out to dinner much before unless I had visitors for out of town, maybe 10 times a year.

Now? NFW.
    Yeah that's pretty much me too.

I ask because a friend texted me that she would be in town tonight and wanted to go out to dinner but that she would understand if I wasn't comfortable. I'm not and texted her back telling her I'd love to see her when times were less uncertain but with my Mom and all I'm playing it safe still I can't help but feel a bit overly cautious.

It's kind of weird living outside town on a farm far removed from people. Life seems as it always has. Very easy to forget there is a pandemic going on until you have to go to the grocery store. Just the other day I was thinking about asking someone over then I remembered.

Early on I tried to do take out often to support our locals but living where I do it's hard, by the time I get home food is cold. Could go the gift certificate route I suppose.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I’ve been out to a few restaurants, usually sit outside. Wash hands, wear a mask etc. done take out a few times, delivery, and I’m at the liquor store a few times a week. Also been to all the local breweries and met friends there. All of this has occurred in well ventilated, outdoor areas. Wearing a mask unless seated and drinking/eating and I stay away from other tables. I also avoid peak times and if the parking lot is full I go elsewhere.

We have also had a few driveway and deck parties at our house where people keep their distance and byob. Fewer than 6 ppl. No snacks unless you brought em. Most frequently we meet friends down by the lake with some beers.

We have gone to eat out zero times since this this started. Curbside pickup and Doordash many times. We did however ride by a new brewery the other day after 25 miles and I couldn't resist the huge lawn and open door garage door setup. I wore my cloth/hepa mask and cycling glasses and waited till nobody else was ordering beers when I went 2 feet inside. The nearest people outside were at least 12 feet away downwind and brought their dogs in so we talked dogs and brews with them. It was glorious.

I think outside dining can be very low risk if the setup is right.

No way in hell I would eat inside any restaurant right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    who believes what is immaterial, the border is and will stay closed probably till next year or even longer is the difference

there is a huge " holly fuck look what the neighbors are doing " thing been going on thru the trump era and of course his lack of response to Covid
    The border is closed because of the pandemic, not because of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think the difference ^^ is the border which keeps out people with covid and people who would suck the cock of Doanald trump & believe covid is a hoax,
    I think you're right about the border, but you have it backwards. The majority of car traffic is Canadians visiting the US, not the other way around.

I've gone out to eat every Friday for the last few weeks. Always sit inside. People are spaced out pretty well, but I do worry about the ventilation. I always put my mask back on whenever I'm not eating. We had been just ordering takeout before that.

I have zero interest in eating inside a restaurant, but we did eat on a patio in Government Camp a few weeks ago because it was that or go hungry.

However, when we're home, we have a new covid routine of getting takeout once a week. It's nice to eat something that we didn't cook, and we're hoping to play a small part in helping our local restaurants stay afloat. Restaurants have gotten pretty good here about covid-safe pickup for takeout orders. I won't use UberEats/Postmates etc. because they get paid by fucking both the delivery person and the restaurant; I'd rather my money goes direct to the restaurant.

Zero times. Lots of curbside, to go and food trucks. Same goes for drinking.

All the apps are terrible but I can pull my phone out on the river between sets and order mexican and have it show up on my doorstep while I am backing the boat into the garage. Zero contact or hassle. So even though the business model hasn't been worked out the apps still get my business.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I have zero interest in eating inside a restaurant
    [snip]
    I won't use UberEats/Postmates etc. because they get paid by fucking both the delivery person and the restaurant; I'd rather my money goes direct to the restaurant.
    same

I've been dining out once a week or so since they re-opened the restaurants. Always try to sit outside, but a few times we've sat inside.

I've also walked out of two or three restaurants (after being seated) where I didn't feel they were being serious about protocol. Server with a chin mask? Uh, no...see ya. Once we were at the bar and grill at a golf course when a thunderstorm came through and chased all the golfers off the course and into the bar. We were out of there in a heartbeat.

I think if you're cautious and smart and read the room carefully, it's a low-risk proposition.

If I had income and wasn’t unemployed, I might patronize a few locally owned restaurants.
    But I do get take out pizza every week, and talk to the owner while having a beer (illegally)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I will say that my reduced going out has been pretty enlightening when going over the budget. That along with reduced travel has allowed us to divert money to other things like a new motorcycle, which is nice.

Yeah, nothing like eating out a lot to fill up the card. I'll bet it's close to billions not spent on dining at this point, no joke. The savings rate right now is about 33%, the highest since recorded. Add to that travel, which millions of retired Boomers have been spending billions on, domestically and internationally, and that's quite a warchest when the all clear sounds. I know that my finances are looking better with no Europe trip this year and will really look good with no skiing. This whole country is rending into two classes of haves and have nots, which is nothing new, but this is like an earthquake forming a huge gorge.
    There's going to be a shit ton of poor homeless people soon, and we'll be watching it in climate controlled comfort on our flat screens eating takeout and checking balances on the phone.

No inside dining in CA. I'm sure there are places doing it anyway but none I'm aware of. Carryout or outside dining occasionally for us--if we can order, pickup without going into a crowded building (ie no panda express or full belly, but DL Kitchen or Smokey's OK--for those around Truckee). No delivery around here and after reading about the way the delivery apps rip off restaurants I won't use them. Unless there's a surprise turnaround that opens safe inside dining I see a lot of restaurants going out of business this winter in snow country.

LOL!!

Yeah that's pretty much me too.

I ask because a friend texted me that she would be in town tonight and wanted to go out to dinner but that she would understand if I wasn't comfortable. I'm not and texted her back telling her I'd love to see her when times were less uncertain but with my Mom and all I'm playing it safe still I can't help but feel a bit overly cautious.

It's kind of weird living outside town on a farm far removed from people. Life seems as it always has. Very easy to forget there is a pandemic going on until you have to go to the grocery store. Just the other day I was thinking about asking someone over then I remembered.

Early on I tried to do take out often to support our locals but living where I do it's hard, by the time I get home food is cold. Could go the gift certificate route I suppose.
    Yeah, I wouldn't dine out with a friend unless we sat at separate outside tables, which kind of defeats the purpose. We do dine with a max of 2 other people on our deck, separate tables so we're 6 feet apart, anything served at the table in 2 separate bowls, wash hands and wear mask when making or dishing out cold food and setting the table. The cold weather will put a stop to it--it got pretty chilly on the deck last night. No inside company for the duration.

Influential infectious disease expert Michael T. Osterholm says it is time for another lock down in the US, and this time for realz. Points out that in US, 39 percent of workers are essential but in Minnesota (his home state) 78 percent were deemed essential. Need true lock down where only the 39 percent are leaving their homes for things other than food. Thinks nation wide lock down will be necessary for approximately six weeks. 100% mask compliance, alone, will not get us to where we need to be. Once new cases are less than one new case per 100,000 people per day we can start easing restrictions and be at the same place as Canada, and most of Europe, is today.

I assume the US will not follow his suggestion so don't expect anything to change anytime soon and have fun watching Canadians gloat about all the rad skiing they will be doing next winter while we despair in our misery.

https://nyti.ms/2C93aPd

Takeout burgers only just recently from my favorite greasy joint. Ate inside one time a few weeks back at our favorite Mexican place on a whim, nobody was there but the workers, so we felt we got lucky. In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again. Also, they have a great patio space but do not use it. It makes no sense.

Outdoor heaters. Now is the time to buy 'em if you own a restaurant in the high country. Ski resorts are gonna buy all of them up methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    <snip>
    I assume the US will not follow his suggestion so don't expect anything to change anytime soon
    Yeah - this. Times eleventy billion.