Page 971 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 ... LastLast
Results 24,251 to 24,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Hey everyone, let’s go on a cruise! It will be awesome.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ay/5562151002/
    Name:  6F420F13-C5C6-4857-83B4-10752CD516A4.gif
Views: 589
Size:  538.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Kid tests pos after taking bar exam with a couple dozen others in the room.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...e-95502aec892e
    Meanwhile, the American Board of Surgery decided to do the qualifying exam for board certification on line. They hired a cut rate Indian company whose app has a 1 star rating to run the exam. The exam crashed and the Board is trying to figure out how to straighten out the mess--without board certification surgeons can't get hospital privileges. And the app was hacked and some of the test takers have had personal information stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Not likely. Monitoring levels in sewage is a proxy for prevalence in the community.
    A solution in search of a problem--the problem being we can't seem to manage to test people so test the sewage instead.

What some people might not understand is that virus that can be detected in sewage isn't likely live virus capable of infecting people.

thought I would spread some joy today:

"Indiana Executive Order carries 6 months in jail for no mask

First it was individual towns threatening jail time over not wearing masks.
    Now the entire state of Indiana will force residents to wear masks anytime they are in public, with the threat of jail hanging over anyone who does not comply.

The Governor of Indiana thinks six months in jail is appropriate for people who don’t wear a mask in public.
    But he said, “We are going to continue to try to appeal to Hoosiers to do the right thing… mask police will not be patrolling Hoosier streets.”"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-...t-wearing-mask

>>you can move to Indiana or you might call your local officials as ask them why the F aren't they doing this.

but I know it brings a warm glow to some here that some non masks wearers will be taken off the streets and jailed as they obviously should be
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I like the way India has men in uniform beat the non maskers with sticks and humiliate them in public. Cheaper than jail and more effective.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I had to make an essential trip to Ohio a few months back and chose to drive instead of flying. Outside of Indianapolis, I was literally made fun of for wearing a mask at a gas station by their cashier and another employee as I refueled and while purchasing a red bull. Finger pointing, laughing out loud, and when I was in the store, they had the nerve to say out loud that I was a moron for believing the hoax. I didn't say a word but did give them the bird as I walked out.

I call it karma that they now have to mask up. So be it.

Read a blip a few days ago saying MIT had calculated that India would be racking up a quarter mil new cases per day by Nov.

250,000x 30 days = 7,500,000 cases per month
    At 1% death rate, 75,000 dead per month.
    Or maybe divine intervention will step in and it’ll be a nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Meanwhile, the American Board of Surgery decided to do the qualifying exam for board certification on line. They hired a cut rate Indian company whose app has a 1 star rating to run the exam. The exam crashed and the Board is trying to figure out how to straighten out the mess--without board certification surgeons can't get hospital privileges. And the app was hacked and some of the test takers have had personal information stolen.
    That sucks, but the silver lining hopefully to the bar exam story is that a bunch of affluent most likely well connected individuals who like to argue have been tossed into the mix. Let them carry some of the weight.

This is just a subset of our country made up of educated people and the ignorance displayed is stunning. Some people have a difficulty understanding federalism, public health and the greater good

Our education system is obviously lacking

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I had to make an essential trip to Ohio a few months back and chose to drive instead of flying. Outside of Indianapolis, I was literally made fun of for wearing a mask at a gas station by their cashier and another employee as I refueled and while purchasing a red bull. Finger pointing, laughing out loud, and when I was in the store, they had the nerve to say out loud that I was a moron for believing the hoax. I didn't say a word but did give them the bird as I walked out.

I totally spaced yesterday when I got my hay delivery and didn't mask up or SD. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!! My only excuse is that I was 1. at home and didn't think about it and 2. my brain is fried from several days of 100° heat and not much sleep on top of all the other stress of the pandemic, Trump and my mother calling afraid her neighbor at the retirement home has Covid (huge rumor mill going around the place).

I feel like I've had unprotected sex. At least it was outside and of short duration. Still.... I'm embarrased at my lapse.

I texted and apology to my friend after he left and I realized the errors of my ways and he said he'd fogotten too but we both acknowledge that neither of us go anywhere or gather with people so hopefully no harm no foul.

Ugh.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    That sucks, but the silver lining hopefully to the bar exam story is that a bunch of affluent most likely well connected individuals who like to argue have been tossed into the mix. Let them carry some of the weight.
    My niece is taking the Indiana bar exam “open book” this week due to the troubles

Coronavirus: Thousands protest in Germany against restrictions
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797
    Something like 20,000 people protested in Berlin. Apparently the 'Muricans with "muh freedums" you guys always make fun of aren't the only ones getting sick of everything going on. Just interesting to see this happening in Germany.

You say that like you think your right-wing outlook is correct, which I find laughable.

You're obviously uninformed about the Nazi uprising in Germany. Glad you identify.

However, here's something you can share with your friends and discuss seriously, cause...internet.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I totally spaced yesterday when I got my hay delivery and didn't mask up or SD. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!! My only excuse is that I was 1. at home and didn't think about it and 2. my brain is fried from several days of 100° heat and not much sleep on top of all the other stress of the pandemic, Trump and my mother calling afraid her neighbor at the retirement home has Covid (huge rumor mill going around the place).

I feel like I've had unprotected sex. At least it was outside and of short duration. Still.... I'm embarrased at my lapse.

I texted and apology to my friend after he left and I realized the errors of my ways and he said he'd fogotten too but we both acknowledge that neither of us go anywhere or gather with people so hopefully no harm no foul.

Ugh.
    Unprotected sex, outside when it's 100, short duration, in the hay. Yuck

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Unprotected sex, outside when it's 100, short duration, in the hay. Yuck
    I saw that coming (d'oh! another one) but as I said... I'm too tired/worn out to care anymore.

At least there's a new season of Endeavour to look forward to on the 4th.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

The qanon conspiracy made its way to Germany so no surprise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-53...onspiracy-cult

They are the Nazi uprising that's surging in Germany. You should join.

However, how can you look abroad when all this is happening in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    qanon made its way to Germany so no surprise.

The recall Governor Brown tents outside of Home Depots are funny to me. Oregon has been doing pretty well, thanks in part to the s governor's actions that allow them to have their little tent of butthurt....they're also a mask free zone...I figure it's similar to qanon, convincing people to support causes against their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I saw that coming (d'oh! another one) but as I said... I'm too tired/worn out to care anymore.

At least there's a new season of Endeavour to look forward to on the 4th.
    Good to know. Is he finally gonna hook up with Miss Thursday? Or did that already happen and I slept through it? I think the big reveal in the last season was when he got his Jaguar.

Much scarier than qanon in Germany. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/w...iltration.html
    Like in the US the military and cops are full of these guys.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/6-reasons-so-many-spiritual-people-have-been-fooled-by-qanon/#.XySOVuCaltc.facebook]6 Reasons so Many Spiritual People Have Been Fooled by Qanon[/url]

^i can’t remember the html coding. I thought this article helps layout the “conspiritual movement” that’s a pretty big problem related to covid and other anti-science stuff. It seems to compliment the New Yorker article/interview I posted a few pages back https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...virus-skeptics

Spiritual??? More like religious kooks???

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    The recall Governor Brown tents outside of Home Depots are funny to me. Oregon has been doing pretty well, thanks in part to the s governor's actions that allow them to have their little tent of butthurt....they're also a mask free zone...I figure it's similar to qanon, convincing people to support causes against their own interests.
    There is a brewery in Ellensburg WA called Whipsaw that has posted pics of Inslee in a Nazi uniform over his response to the pandemic. Really? Would you rather be in Florida? How about Texas?

Also, saw a FB post from someone saying they wanted to move out of Washington because of Inslee's Covid response. Again... I say... have a nice life in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The qanon conspiracy made its way to Germany so no surprise.

been there for a while:

Conspiracy theorists burn 5G towers claiming link to virus

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

^i can’t remember the html coding.
    Eliminate spaces I added before the "=" sign and after the "/"

[url =
    paste url
    ]
    Paste article title
    [/ url]

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Coronavirus: Thousands protest in Germany against restrictions
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797
    Something like 20,000 people protested in Berlin. Apparently the 'Muricans with "muh freedums" you guys always make fun of aren't the only ones getting sick of everything going on. Just interesting to see this happening in Germany.
    You do realize that the other 82 million of us make fun of the fringe lunatics and are actually quite pissed about that shit. Which Btw. Was imported from the US (libertarians, people revoking the citizenship to live in their own kingdoms, alt right internet neo nazis and anti Bill gates vaxxers). So thanks for that.

Moreover, we do not let these kind of retarded flat earther Anti vaxxers run our government.

So all good here. Except the few hundred new unnecessary infections that covid parade will probably cause.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 08-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

They won't, and local law enforcement may not enforce that law.