Page 953 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 ... LastLast
Results 23,801 to 23,825 of 41810
    Just deeb actually.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just Americans actualy
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I set chockers and pulled green chain during summers to pay for college. Hard finding harder work than that. Also worked for the FS on trails and fire. Government work is vacation compared to the logging industry.
    Hah! I worked as a laborer in a steel mill. Hard to find easier work than that. You could sleep all day if you put your mind to it. Which might explain the dismal state of the American steel industry. Now my buddy who manhandled truck tires and wheels on to trucks all day every day at Ford's--that was a hard job. (In Detroit it's called Ford's, not Ford.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Meanwhile there's 2000 kids disappearing every day in the US alone.
    Hey Q,
    I thought Donald T. Had this covered when corona started and has recently freed all of them from Hillary's evil pizza empire?

Edit: and seriously 730k kids a year? So roughly 20% of all kids born every year dissappear(yeah right) . Hillary must be on a roll with her satanic rituals!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    That's true and what disturbs me the most. I hate that even when I have a mask on, when someone sees me coming down an aisle at a grocery store from like 100' away you see them doing this awkward panicked dance trying to "social distance" and avoid you at all costs. People have been acting freaking weird since this all kicked off.
    An older in-law sees social distancing the same way, but it didn't start with Corona for her: she's always taken offense when people want to keep their distance from her if she has a cold. Seems to think people are judging her by the fact that she's sick or something. Seems insane to me but maybe not uncommon?

There's no need to fear your fellow man. Just do the right thing and it will become second nature, like seatbelts or looking for trains before you cross the tracks. That anxiety is just change telling your brain to HTFU.

X

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Hey Q,
    I thought Donald T. Had this covered when corona started and has recently freed all of them from Hillary's evil pizza empire?

Edit: and seriously 730k kids a year? So roughly 20% of all kids born every year dissappear(yeah right) . Hillary must be on a roll with her satanic rituals!
    Them pizza's made with Kids are not going to toss themselves.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

so who's going to Sturgis for the rally in 2 weeks?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Finally gonna get my antibody test today. Getting the Abbot one through Quest which I guess is the best one. Either I did actually get rona several months ago OR I randomly happened to get lung cancer right when covid hit. Either way my lungs have been fucked for about 5 months now since the mystery 3 week illness. Like any good dummy with ghetto insurance I haven't wanted to go to the doctor and probably should have months ago. I can do 7k vert on my bike in one go and feel about 95%, but that night or the next day my lungs still hurt and I get this weird dry cough. Like something somehow damaged my lungs in Jan/Feb.

If you can do 7k vert on a bike in 1 day at "95%" I'm guessing its just aging for why you feel a little beat up the next day.

I'm pretty sure when people say there are lasting effects, it is not losing 5% on a ride that would literally give 99% of this country a heart attack.
    Live Free or Die

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Worse yet, we're being taught to fear our fellow man.
    Thanks, Republicans, NRA, “law & order”, The Wall, Mexican Rapists...et al

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    IDK, aging means tightness in the chest and a on and off cough for 6 months?

I have heard of people having lasting effects from bronchitis, so that certainly could be it. I have just been on an upward trajectory of increasingly good fitness for the past 9 years. Stronger every year. Able to pedal faster and father, etc. Then I get super fucking sick in January with a slight fever and weird dry cough/lung pain that lasted 3+ weeks that has sort of lingered ever since.

I rode my bike 20 miles yesterday and today I feel like my lungs are burning and I can't take a totally full breath. That kind of thing never happened before.

Either way I am getting the test and that will inform how I proceed at the doctor when I go in an ask for a chest x-ray.

At least 14 Marlins players and coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, games postponed 2 days into the season.

a whole bunch of MLB millionaires within a constrained and resource-rich unrestrained-testing environment can’t keep themselves safe enough to last 2 days into their season and we want to re-open underfunded and understaffed schools all across the country. gonna go great.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    At least 14 Marlins players and coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, games postponed 2 days into the season.

a whole bunch of MLB millionaires within a constrained and resource-rich unrestrained-testing environment can’t keep themselves safe enough to last 2 days into their season and we want to re-open underfunded and understaffed schools all across the country. gonna go great.
    Child hospitalizations from Covid-19 surge 23% in Florida as schools statewide must reopen

Just weeks before schools must open across Florida, the numbers of new cases and hospitalizations due to Covid-19 have surged.

On July 16, the state had a total of 23,170 children ages 17 and under who had tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic, according to the Florida Department of Health. By July 24, that number jumped to 31,150.

That's a 34% increase in new cases among children in eight days.

And more children in Florida are requiring hospitalization. As of July 16, 246 children had been hospitalized with coronavirus. By July 24, that number had jumped to 303.

That's a 23% increase in child Covid-19 hospitalizations in eight days.

During that same time period, the death toll among children in Florida went from 4 to 5.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Child hospitalizations from Covid-19 surge 23% in Florida as schools statewide must reopen

Just weeks before schools must open across Florida, the numbers of new cases and hospitalizations due to Covid-19 have surged.

On July 16, the state had a total of 23,170 children ages 17 and under who had tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic, according to the Florida Department of Health. By July 24, that number jumped to 31,150.

That's a 34% increase in new cases among children in eight days.

And more children in Florida are requiring hospitalization. As of July 16, 246 children had been hospitalized with coronavirus. By July 24, that number had jumped to 303.

That's a 23% increase in child Covid-19 hospitalizations in eight days.

During that same time period, the death toll among children in Florida went from 4 to 5.
    Despite this, total US deaths for children (under age 20) are at 66 for Covid.

That is out of 240,904 overall child cases. That is a .00027% death rate.

https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AA...20%20FINAL.pdf

Meanwhile, this year, 174 kids will die from the flu. 674 from automobile accidents. 642 under age 14 will be murdered. 500 or so from heart disease. 2500 from cancer. 7000 or so will die from suicide.

10 times as many kids will die because they are obese vs covid. 10 times as likely to die driving to school than being there. 100 times as many will kill themselves. Think about that for a second.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Hey Q,

Stats been around from before Q.

But nice work being the stupidest mother fucker on TGR (Wooley's been phoning it in lately)

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

Nearly 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,185 children reported missing each day.
    More than 200,000 children were were abducted by family members.
    More than 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members.
    115 children were the victims of "stereotypical" kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Meanwhile, this year, 174 kids will die from the flu. 674 from automobile accidents. 642 under age 14 will be murdered. 500 or so from heart disease. 7000 or so will die from suicide.
    So, I guess you want those numbers to go up?

The roof is failing on my house, but I can't do anything about it because the paint is also failing, and I need a new fence.

But what is their R0? Are they giving COVID19 to their parents and grandparents? I consider my parents, and everyone else old enough to draw Social Security, to be expendable. Especially if their deaths help to reelect Trump and increase my SocSec benefits.

A lot of people consider your ideas to be malignant and sociopathic, and Trump failed to take COVID19 seriously and has failed to lead throughout the pandemic he is so responsible for. A real POTUS would have led the effort to nip this coronavirus in the bud, the way past Presidents nipped Ebola and SARS. But Trump burned those bridges in a trumped up trade war, and the US was therefore powerless to do anything but watch and rely on fucking Communist China to fix it before it got here.

Way to go Trump. Your arrogance killed more Americans than North Korea and North Vietnam put together. Now you want the US Taxpayer to take care of you for another term? Fuck off.

Fuck off putting words in my mouth that I never said.
    Live Free or Die

Meanwhile, while people lose their jobs, get sick, die and cities burn.......

Melania Trump announces Rose Garden 'renewal' project

WASHINGTON — Melania Trump has announced plans to redo the White House Rose Garden to make it more in line with the original design implemented during the 1960s Kennedy administration.

The first lady says Monday in a statement that decades of use and changes made to support a modern presidency have taken a toll on the outdoor space just off the Oval Office.

President Donald Trump has been using the Rose Garden a lot more lately to make statements and hold news conferences in the age of the coronavirus. The first lady also hosted a state dinner for Australia in the garden last year.

Plans described by the first lady include returning the Rose Garden to its original 1962 footprint with improved infrastructure and drainage and a better environment for the plants and flowers.

The renovation also includes making the space more accessible for people with disabilities, and improvements for audiovisual and broadcasting needs, she said.

"The very act of planting a garden involves hard work and hope in the possibility of a bright future," said Mrs. Trump, who adds the garden project to a list of other White House renovations, including refurbishing the Red and Blue Rooms and building a tennis pavilion on the South Lawn.

"Preserving the history and beauty of the White House and its grounds is a testament to our nation's commitment to the care of this landscape and our dedication to American ideals, safeguarding them for our children and their children for generations to come," she said.

The renovation plan has been approved by the Committee for the Preservation of the White House, an advisory committee. The project is also supported by the National Park Service, which cares for the White House grounds, and will be paid for using private donations, the White House said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Meanwhile, this year, 174 kids will die from the flu. 674 from automobile accidents. 642 under age 14 will be murdered. 500 or so from heart disease. 2500 from cancer. 7000 or so will die from suicide.

10 times as many kids will die because they are obese vs covid. 10 times as likely to die driving to school than being there. 100 times as many will kill themselves. Think about that for a second.
    Is this your argument for fully opening schools? Because only 66 kids have died? Got any numbers on how many adults all the infected kids infected and their death rate? And are you really going to go all whatabout on other causes of child deaths? You know, you sound dumber every time you post. Like a fucking idiot actually.

WASHINGTON — Melania Trump has announced plans to redo the White House Rose Garden to make it more in line with the original design implemented during the 1960s Kennedy administration.

The first lady says Monday in a statement that decades of use and changes made to support a modern presidency have taken a toll on the outdoor space just off the Oval Office.

President Donald Trump has been using the Rose Garden a lot more lately to make statements and hold news conferences in the age of the coronavirus. The first lady also hosted a state dinner for Australia in the garden last year.

Plans described by the first lady include returning the Rose Garden to its original 1962 footprint with improved infrastructure and drainage and a better environment for the plants and flowers.

The renovation also includes making the space more accessible for people with disabilities, and improvements for audiovisual and broadcasting needs, she said.

"The very act of planting a garden involves hard work and hope in the possibility of a bright future," said Mrs. Trump, who adds the garden project to a list of other White House renovations, including refurbishing the Red and Blue Rooms and building a tennis pavilion on the South Lawn.

"Preserving the history and beauty of the White House and its grounds is a testament to our nation's commitment to the care of this landscape and our dedication to American ideals, safeguarding them for our children and their children for generations to come," she said.

The renovation plan has been approved by the Committee for the Preservation of the White House, an advisory committee. The project is also supported by the National Park Service, which cares for the White House grounds, and will be paid for using private donations, the White House said.

She's very optimistic she'll be around next growing season.

But an extra $600 to unemployment recipients “doesn’t make sense.”

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Is this your argument for fully opening schools? Because only 66 kids have died? Got any numbers on how many adults they infected and their death rate? And are you really going to go all whatabout on other causes of child deaths? You know, you sound dumber every time you post.
    So what are you arguing, that schools should never open again until there are 0 covid deaths, or is there some number under 66 that would work for you? Why do you not argue the same for the regular flu, which will kill 3 times as many children and how many adults?

My argument is if the number is going to be zero for any child death, you might as well just cancel school as a concept because it will be untenable otherwise. I am also arguing that remote learning does not protect children from dying. Statistically speaking, children are much more likely to die outside of school than going there. That isn't whataboutism when you are proposing not having kids attend school because they might die from covid.
    Live Free or Die