Page 995 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... LastLast
Results 24,851 to 24,875 of 41810
    All that stuff is probability, not certainty. The minimum infectious dose has to be qualified with a "50" or some other percentage to indicate how many people would contract it at that dose. But since the MID1 is presumably still more than one or two viruses people tend to neglect fomites. Whether 1% is negligible or not depends on your risk tolerance--and the cost of contracting it. I'm not playing Russian roulette with 100 chambers in a gun, but if offered enough money to play with a million chambers? Probably.

Have had take out, even drive-thru. But not sitting down to eat anywhere but home.

I am convinced that fomites are not a significant thing in this outbreak, that's not really a position that needs defending, in my mind. If you believe that I am wrong I would appreciate you teaching me.

Significance is probability-based, so I agree. Just throwing out a random reminder that the levels of certainty being offered aren't always based on actual certainty. Not unique to COVID, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Interesting past week or so, local small community is seeing an increase in positive tests so naturally parents are doing their own “tracing”. Those parents then inform the local hospital group of exposure and want to come in for testing, which they are registered for and an appointment is made for the test but then are called back and told not to come in. Then they are told about a week later that they tested positive even though they never took a test. This has happened to multiple families we know with different hospital groups, seems like some cooking of the books is going on...
    There was a story I read which was the flipside scenario. Someone who went in and did get tested. But when they got the bill from their provider the covid test wasn't on it. But since the protocol was to test for a couple other things first (costing thousands of course) the patient was on the hook for them because the covid test wasn't on the bill. Had it been there everything would have been covered as a covid test. Naturally it was a nightmare trying to get the omission corrected. Don't recall if the person actually received a test result - presumably they did.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    I’m not a conspiracy theorist but these families I know never got tested and we’re informed they tested positive. Something just doesn’t feel right about it.
    #QanonRhetoric

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That story about the non-test positives is the same thing that someone posted here a couple weeks ago about a "sister's friend's aunt etc. etc.

I myself have seen several variations of this in the comment section of multiple FB posts.

This is one explanation:

This is part of the testing mechanism problem. People are sitting in their cars, sometimes for hours, or standing in line, six feet apart sometimes for hours. You’re registered though, you’re number 15 in line, and you are Jay Wolfson. If Jay Wolfson says he can’t wait any longer and he leaves, it will get number 15 and now get Rebecca Fernandez, who was standing behind him, and she tests positive, and then everyone from then on gets the wrong results. There has to be a better way to do this,” explained Dr. Jay Wolfson, Public Health & Medicine Professor for the University of South Florida.
    Which is definitely not "Cooking the books". It is yet another willful failure of the system that we all have paid into and is supposed to help us through just this kind of public health crisis.

That story about the non-test positives is the same thing that someone posted here a couple weeks ago about a "sister's friend's aunt etc. etc.

I myself have seen several variations of this in the comment section of multiple FB posts.

This is one explanation:

This is part of the testing mechanism problem. People are sitting in their cars, sometimes for hours, or standing in line, six feet apart sometimes for hours. You’re registered though, you’re number 15 in line, and you are Jay Wolfson. If Jay Wolfson says he can’t wait any longer and he leaves, it will get number 15 and now get Rebecca Fernandez, who was standing behind him, and she tests positive, and then everyone from then on gets the wrong results. There has to be a better way to do this,” explained Dr. Jay Wolfson, Public Health & Medicine Professor for the University of South Florida.
    This is a crock of shit. I have yet to be tested where ID confirmation does not come right before the swab. I've been tested in Nat guard facilities and rite aid.
    Also HIPAA means I'd confirmation for any communication is needed as well.

Two decades of pandemic war games failed to account for Donald Trump

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02277-6

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    This is a crock of shit. I have yet to be tested where ID confirmation does not come right before the swab. I've been tested in Nat guard facilities and rite aid.
    Also HIPAA means I'd confirmation for any communication is needed as well.
    Yeah.....I dunno either. Sounds urban legendish to me. Just sharing what I found. Though we do know that labs and staff are overly taxed ar the moment. If only we had some sort of national plan......
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I got tested at a CVS and they repeated my information multiple times with my authorization and ran it through my insuranse while i was waiting. Results were negative and I had 9 of the 10 listed symptoms. Doctor cliamed a false negative and I concur. I am on day 15 and very sick, cough has moved deeper in my lungs and am watching O2 levels as my breathing is getting worse.
    I have been taking this pandemic very serious as I am immune suppressed. Only grocery shop once a week and get occasional take out. Not sure how i got it but it sucks!

oh man. hang in there. best wishes to you.

Got you covered!

Attachment 336605
    That's a thread winner IMO. Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Imagine if you could watch Benny's dreams.
    I had one last night that would make David Lynch squirm.

Thank Ice err Otzi

Sorry to hear that, trashcan. I assume you're monitoring O2 to know if you need to go in? Do they have you on steroids at this point, or is that only if you're hospitalized?

Just learned a good friend lost her 19 year old nephew this week. Looks like he went from the picture of health to unresponsive pretty suddenly. Such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sorry to hear that, trashcan. I assume you're monitoring O2 to know if you need to go in? Do they have you on steroids at this point, or is that only if you're hospitalized?

Just learned a good friend lost her 19 year old nephew this week. Looks like he went from the picture of health to unresponsive pretty suddenly. Such a waste.
    I am holding at 94% O2 saturation and watching it at OCD levels. Breathing is getting more difficult.

Hang in there trashcan. Hoping for the best for you

I hope you get well soon, TC
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    I got tested at a CVS and they repeated my information multiple times with my authorization and ran it through my insuranse while i was waiting. Results were negative and I had 9 of the 10 listed symptoms. Doctor cliamed a false negative and I concur. I am on day 15 and very sick, cough has moved deeper in my lungs and am watching O2 levels as my breathing is getting worse.
    I have been taking this pandemic very serious as I am immune suppressed. Only grocery shop once a week and get occasional take out. Not sure how i got it but it sucks!
    Community spread? Maybe you still got it from the grocer. Purely speculation, regardless. 4 trips a month is a lot, IMO, in normal times I would go to the grocer maybe twice a month. I haven't been to the local grocer since March as I feel that's the riskiest place in town.

Heal up man, stay positive. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If a confirmed covid+ cook sneezed around your food would you eat it?
    post WWII lord Louis Mountbatten said don't come home boys there is nothing left of Britain so my father joined the Singapore harbor police, when the mess finaly got a decent cook everyone was happy till somebody watched him cook, his secret was making sure the grill was hot enough so to test it the cook would spit on it ... he didnt last
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thank all, thinking using card system did it. Who knows, always went early in the morning and it almost empty with customers and employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Oh man... this is hearbreaking news. Sending you all the positive vibes in the world. Wish I could do more.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I had one last night that would make David Lynch squirm.
    I've been having really weird ones but last night Trump was in it. Ugh. He turned all my horses and donkeys out together and started chasing them around making them slip in the mud. I kept screaming at him to stop but he just laughed.

Thanks QK!