Page 772 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 ... LastLast
Results 19,276 to 19,300 of 41810
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Lmao. Sounds like you are describing the inner workings of the NHS. Socialized medicine (that lunatics like yourself have been demanding and dreaming of for years) does exactly that - rationed care. I'd accuse you of getting your medical degree from the University of Phoenix Online, but I realize there was no such thing in your day. So congrats on pulling a degree out of a cracker jack box.
    the moderation bar has been buried
    but weak frail fragile old men aint gonna get stonger by sticking their head in the sand lookin for it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I agree about not quoting the assholes, and I try but sometimes fail as their posts are so stupid that they just need to be preserved for the history books.

I actually read some of their musings since I don't do Twitter and rarely read comments sections of articles, so I miss out on truly how stupid some (a lot) of Americans are. It's good to be reminded now and then just how Trump got elected, that there are actually people stupid enough to fall for his con.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Whilst on my sadverse saturday tour I wanted to ski a ribbon connecting two sides of the hill and I came across this poor flag. Caught on a weed stem and sadly hanging upside down so I righted it and held it to flutter in the spring breeze. Rolled it up and brought it home to clean up and hang inside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200523_144318.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	329627

Name:	20200523_144835.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	329629

It was pretty nice out and the couple hundred others that partook likely agreed.

Name:	20200523_141341(0).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	329628
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The best way would be for you to get infected, recover, and have antibodies.
    That was easy. 1.8 million views overall... took a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I agree about not quoting the assholes, and I try but sometimes fail as their posts are so stupid that they just need to be preserved for the history books.

I actually read some of their musings since I don't do Twitter and rarely read comments sections of articles, so I miss out on truly how stupid some (a lot) of Americans are. It's good to be reminded now and then just how Trump got elected, that there are actually people stupid enough to fall for his con.
    If one of the few true fuckwits posts something memorably stupid and/or egregious, consider taking a screen shot for your files rather than quoting. If you want to respond and not let it slide by, consider refuting w/o quoting. “jgb, yer an idiot. Read these links and ponder your sad existence” does no disrespect to the many who have him on ignore.

It’s like wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces. 2 seconds of effort goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood Jenkins View Post
    That was easy. 1.8 million views overall... took a while though.
    I wasn't saying it's what everyone should do, because clearly it isn't. I was just saying that if he really really doesn't want to infect anyone else he should take one for the team. He'll either die or recover. Either way he won't be infecting people when all is said and done.

^^^I think everybody has to take one for the team.

Yeah it's clear that you do.

I think while you guys argue about arcane antibody tests, the irrevocable damage to society has set in.

I got a stern lecture from a lady on my street because I wasn't wearing a mask. I was socially distanced and all- outside on the street, being very conscious, but she still had a lot to say.

She said that it's not safe to go back to work, blah blah blah and gave me reasons about how horrible most people are.

For fact she's soaking up $2400 month on unemployment and has NO PLANS on looking for a job.

Really marginalizes her argument.

I know a bunch of people who have NO PLANS WHATSOEVER of looking for a job. Pretty weak. The rat fluzes brought out the worst in everybody.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah it's clear that you do.
    #icemansnarksinjeans
    #icemod2020
    #bringemback
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Depends. Are you already infected?
    I'm immune.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I think while you guys argue about arcane antibody tests, the irrevocable damage to society has set in.

I got a stern lecture from a lady on my street because I wasn't wearing a mask. I was socially distanced and all- outside on the street, being very conscious, but she still had a lot to say.

She said that it's not safe to go back to work, blah blah blah and gave me reasons about how horrible most people are.

For fact she's soaking up $2400 month on unemployment and has NO PLANS on looking for a job.

Really marginalizes her argument.

I know a bunch of people who have NO PLANS WHATSOEVER of looking for a job. Pretty weak. The rat fluzes brought out the worst in everybody.
    You are so easily manipulated.

That angry Prius driving Hillary supporter who used to give you dirty looks because you forgot reusable bags at Natural Grocer? The one who divorced her way to wealth? Yeah her.

She woulda banged an anvil before this all started.

Now she has the moral imperative to be (openly, as opposed to snidely) rude to everybody she meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You are so easily manipulated.
    you must live in a bubble. a bigger one than me.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Whilst on my sadverse saturday tour I wanted to ski a ribbon connecting two sides of the hill and I came across this poor flag. Caught on a weed stem and sadly hanging upside down so I righted it and held it to flutter in the spring breeze. Rolled it up and brought it home to clean up and hang inside.
    Very good of you to do that. Great sentiment on Memorial Day weekend. The boy is going to break out his trumpet for Taps Across America at 3. We're still trying to figure out the logistics of playing a trumpet thru a N95 mask though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Very good of you to do that. Great sentiment on Memorial Day weekend. The boy is going to break out his trumpet for Taps Across America at 3. We're still trying to figure out the logistics of playing a trumpet thru a N95 mask though.
    Thanks, missed getting to Magic this year, hopefully see you there next season.

Cut a hole for the mouthpiece, I'll listen for the horn.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

you must live in a bubble. a bigger one than me.
    I'm living in a world with, what, about 45 million people freshly unemployed, losing their health insurance during a pandemic (if they had it from their shitty jobs), and congress reacts to this by giving trillions to the corporations and the rich but throwing those unemployed crumbs, and now the new argument from the always fucked up white privilege Fox viewing right who either dont work or have secure lives is that the unemployed are unemployed because they don't want to work. You know, the old welfare queen bullshit. Never fails for some people.

Meanwhile, on the throne....

Name:	59458066-9CB1-4E2D-B489-1313809B6E57.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	365.1 KB 
ID:	329655

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uARxfDGf9Lca4o

Interesting ^^ here is a swede epidemiologist sayin that NOT shutting down cost a lot of lives

I check worldometer every AM for the death-per-million figures as a bellwether,

Sweden is at 399 dpm and the USA is only at 300dpm

If they can beat the USA I think the Swedes have shown the world exactly what not to do

Go USA !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So we have a lot of catching up to do?

a'ight! Let's get those Memorial Day BBQs goin!

For Sweden, theories about why they don’t have more population with antibodies is concerning: either their infection modeling is very wrong or not all that get infected develop antibodies (or something else?)

Yeah, I'm sure they're all living large right now.

If a decent number of people are actually making more money by being unemployed right now it just tells you what a fucked up society we live in. It certainly isn't because they are making a ton of money by being unemployed.

Masks Made Here

Made From High Performance G2 Band Uniforms
    G2 Uniforms are engineered for Marching Athletes performing at the high school, collegiate, and elite competitive level in marching band, drum corps, and international colorguard.

By mobilizing our dedicated supply channels we modified to begin sewing and distributing masks to address the worldwide need for personal protection against COVID-19. Making a needed product that helps others effected by the virus.

Cnet: Can't find a face mask you like? Buy one at any of these online stores

If you like a wire over the bridge of the nose try Threadless. I've ordered a couple of masks from them but have not rec'd them yet (oh how I long for the days of quick shipping!). Will review once I receive. They have hundreds of designs from political statements to flowers to solid and everything in-between. All masks are reversible to black.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    From the pictures I saw today from the beaches in SC, Georgia, Ocean Beach, MD, and that trash Ozarks party place in Missouri, we are now at a new moment. If things don't blow up in some places within the next month like they blew up in the NYC metro, than somebody has been bullshitting me and a lot of other people for a long time.
    So, when it blows up in a few weeks, what's the new bullshit/gaslight going to be?
    "You told us all to wear masks and stay home and it blew up anyway"
    "There's no spread, improved testing found more cases"
    "I didn't get sick, what are you afraid of?"

I'm hoping it doesn't blow up, or there's been some public health development that's saving us, or enough people stick with the plan and there aren't enough idiots to blow it. Given that outbreaks happen in countries with high levels of corona control, I expect a dramatic case rise. Working against widespread outbreak is distancing, summer weather, people meet outdoors, people not indoors at work/school. My guess is with reduced distancing, corona's virulence outweighs all of the rest.

I'm also hoping that if we do blow it, people will finally get religion.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.