Page 473 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 41810
    Alright, who here knows this skank?

California woman accused of licking, ruining $1,800 in groceries

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eries-n1179556

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Same restrictions on ski touring here. Switz just closed down a popular spot. In france, your car may get towed quite far away plus fine.

http://www.rhonefm.ch/fr/news/trop-d...n7H9bok66hTrAM

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3778.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	324769

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The supermarket is lethal right now.

https://www.aalto.fi/en/news/researc...-avoiding-busy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And to think, not long ago Trump was saying we should reopen the country two days from now.
    He was just being an optimist! Why is everone so negative? Let's be optimistic!

Has anyone else been flooded by this talking point from their Maga "friends"?

Gotta give it the the GOP they get their talking points out to their legions of loyal parrots

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I'm still waiting on the google website and drive through testing.

You can count on the chorus to grow much louder.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    He was just being an optimist! Why is everone so negative? Let's be optimistic!

Has anyone else been flooded by this talking point from their Maga "friends"?

Gotta give it the the GOP they get their talking points out to their legions of loyal parrots
    I've taken to only communicating screenshots of his tweets or verifiable quotes. No words or opinions of my own. This leads to the inevitable gaslighting: "Why are you begin so mean? Why can't this be a time of unity instead of bashing on the president? Why can't you be more positive? " etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I've taken to only communicating screenshots of his tweets or verifiable quotes. No words or opinions of my own. This leads to the inevitable gaslighting: "Why are you begin so mean? Why can't this be a time of unity instead of bashing on the president? Why can't you be more positive? " etc etc
    Well, he is getting better ratings than the Bachelor.

Oh, Ya, forgot about the "unity" line, that one is expecially rich with irony.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

The man who makes pillows, when 'satire' feels a little too real:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...force-briefing

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I don’t know. I once had the misfortune of being assigned a hungover Asian tourist as a dive buddy at Molokini. He was woofing 30 sec after we left the harbor. He started blowing chunks through his regulator as soon as we got him in the water - fish were swarming us. Pretty disgusting

At least the Captain comp’d me for a subsequent day and assigned me a gorgeous lady as buddy, so it wasn’t a complete loss
    ah the joys of insta-buddy... I’m very familiar with this game... as in every single time

This dude is my fucking hero....on CNBC no less....

https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/st...454010368?s=21
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    To be clear as I read it, her opinion is not that they wont work but they will not be available at the scale and quantity needed in just 12-18mos. It's an aggressive timeline.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    To be clear as I read it, her opinion is not that they wont work but they will not be available at the scale and quantity needed in just 12-18mos. It's an aggressive timeline.
    Well, even 12-18 months is a dystopia that is unimaginable, considering that the food bank lines are already stretching for football field long lines right now, and she even threw water on that notion, implying it could be much longer. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Where I work we develop these types of tests. We have purchased several from overseas companies in China and Korea that have been total crap in our hands- positive on archived "normal" and other disease samples. My take is in an effort to get these quickly to market that in some cases the diligence has not been done to ensure accuracy. A few of these have made it into the US market either through second site resellers, either without FDA EUA approval or with minimal data claims. We're very cognizant of not putting out an assay that will not hold up to scrutiny.

The antibody tests (we) have developed based on the virus Spike trimer should get EUA sign off sometime in the next 2-3 weeks if things hold course. The Spike we have made has strong binding to ACE2 and to select neutralizing antibodies cross reactive with Sars1, and so far picking up IgM and IgG to all of the confirmed rtPCR pos serum samples we have been able to get a hold of. Cleaner backgrounds/ better specificity in our hands than N protein and some others we've evaluated. Not sure what good juju I had but we were hitting 50-100X better expression/production than what had been reported by others in the literature out of the gate, been sending material out to be evaluated at multiple sites in the US. Still, we were delayed 2-3 weeks in March because we couldn't get enough true pos samples for our assay developers to say with confidence what we had was going to work on expanded serum sets.
    So does production of your spike require mammalian cells? What is the process there? Former bio process engineering nerd with a background in CHO and pichia pastoris monoclonal antibody production so am curious.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

That was pretty funny.

Things in Jackson are beginning to sober up. Not everyone is wealthy enough to ride this storm eating take out.

Among our peers, which is definitely lower level working class , the exodus is starting to begin. A number of people are walking away from leases and going home. These are people who have been eking it out for years. Maybe carpenter pals are sitting good for the moment, but are sweating hard as jobs finish and nothing is on schedule. Mid level nonprofit employees (Jackson has many) were instantly furloughed- at least the ones I know. Summer bookings (jobs) are non existent.

There are definitely two camps in town, those with a guaranteed paycheck and those outta work. Party vs. circling the wagons.

My guess is rentals will be everywhere and cheap come next snow season.

Don’t worry though, yesterday the Jackson Town council voted themselves a pay raise. Whew, I’m glad they are watching out for themselves during these tough times.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Yeah I would agree that that you shouldn't be traveling far, and do the social distance, but it is absoutley wrong to just ban everyone from "your" county. The land mass of the western states is massive and there is plenty of room to space people out. The argument of trailheads having mass of amounts of cars is fucking absurd when you compare it to the King Soopers or Costco parking lot.
    It's because people are idiots and it could spread things. Just suck it up and do local laps for a bit. It won't kill you.
    Also yes, test numbers are crap. I now personally know 6 people in 4 states that couldn't get tested despite absolutely having it as they're younger and not dying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    So does production of your spike require mammalian cells? What is the process there? Former bio process engineering nerd with a background in CHO and pichia pastoris monoclonal antibody production so am curious.
    Yes mammalian cell expression. I looked at what had been done for the cryoEM work on Sars1 and Mers Spike proreins and went the same route. What I ended up with was very similar to to seq published for structures in publications for Sars2 that came out in March, but instead of 0.5-2 mg/L in those papers I got 100mg/L. 100mg will make 200,000 tests, should be scalable to g's within a few weeks.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Let 'em have their gathering, then quarantine them all for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Let 'em have their gathering, then quarantine them all for a few weeks
    and then we'll see how that god's will thing works out for 'em

Inbred, mouth breathing, pieces of uneducated shit.