Page 380 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    “It’s not my fault, it’s your fault!
    (Read in incognito)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...tor-shortages/
    It’s one of his oldest tricks. Pathetic. I cannot imagine anyone less suited to guiding a nation through a crisis.

gotta lay lo
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Bring it back up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Being single and living alone is definitely a double edged sword right now.
    Yeah. I can definitely feel your stress..I’m not feeling much different despite having cohabitants ,

I just had to chew my dad who is 77 out for not taking this seriously. He lives in downtown Chicago and got cabin fever and went to Whole Foods today and bought groceries. No hand sanitizer etc. He explained that he is really healthy for his age which is true but he watches Fox News primarily and doesn't think its a big deal. He has a wife in her 50's and she should be getting stuff like that for him. I explained what a germ factory the grocery store is and the card reader etc so I hope he is more careful
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

In Vancouver holed up at a buddys spare room.
    Going through the first 2 weeks of marriage separation. Talk about shite timing !
    Got the email from my moms care home in West Vancouver stating they had a staff member test positive however that staff has not been onsite recently. There were already 10 deaths in another facility in North Vancouver. Hoepfully they have it under control at my moms place.
    Trying to come to terms with not being able to see my mom for 2-4 months. Add in the social distancing/lockdown that may or may not come and not being able to see my adult children coupled with a separation. Fak ! Crazy times.
    But life is still good. I have food, shelter and a job.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

I am terrified for my parents. My dad has ALS, and has different aides in and out of the house all of the time, and my mom just had surgery last week. 80 and 85. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yetiman, you got this. Keep your chin up man. You're one of the good ones. Keep your personal area as clean as you can, keep hand sanitizing, and keep your hands away from your face.

If you do get sick, stay home, stay hydrated, stay in bed - talk to Nutmegchoi, she is recovering/recovered from it. Getting Covid 19 is in no way a death sentence. You are much, much, MUCH more likely to spend a couple of weeks achey and coughey than anything serious. Like 95% chance of that. LONG odds that you'd need to be hospitalized and even longer odds of complications. Keep on keepin' on man - if there's anything I've learned about you over the years, its that you're a survivor, you're strong. You're way stronger than this.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Imagine if it was 34 degrees and raining and word spread around that the transit system was now free of fare.

My only real peaceful comforting thoughts lately have had to do with acceptance.
    I’m going to do my job. I’m going to get it, I’ll probably be ok after a wicked cold. I may crash and have to die with some nurses at a hospital. It will be horror, but less so than burning alive in a fire shelter or buried with broken limbs in a slide or with severed legs from a tree accident or motorcycle fuckup. Gimme all the drugs! I want to eat cannabis for the last time. It’s been a good run.

Tacoma stays in the family please.
    F250/western: to coworker Dave Moore
    Skis, ski gear: to sfb for distribution or fundraising as he sees fit.
    Surfboards/wetsuits: to Alex Urcavich
    Bikes, bike gear: to Mark Hall
    Tools + everything else: don’t care!

I have written a lot my best writing here, and a lot of crap. So if I don’t make it, and somebody wants to remember me, go find those posts. They’re buried everywhere. Yes, they are buried in shit, but they may clean up well.

My list: please hassle these people mercilessly. Kick em in the nuts. Put a turd under their door handle...don’t feel badly about it. These are bad people, who went far out of their way to really screw me when they had no reason to do so:
    Doug Terry of Terry Sports
    Rich Tingle of Santa Fe Hotshots
    Wanda Grey of salt lake blm
    The current GM of our ski hill
    My current supervisors, who, if I do get infected and die, put us all in that position with their combination of willful ignorance of this easily-assessed risk and openly callous disregard for the lives and wellbeing of their employees and their families.

Anyway. Struggle’s finally over. I was kinda losing anyway.
    Hey, Yeti-man! I don’t know you but I feel like I do. Your writing is money. Poetry. Deserves to be a book. Bet I am not the first to say it. We’ll get through this. You’ll get through this. Our loved ones will get through this.

btw, I re-read your Taos stories several times.. at last the ones that are not buried in shit.

Chinese Rat Flu

Pretty crazy little account

Choir practice turns fatal. Airborne coronavirus strongly suspected
    https://apple.news/AKfluvkIfTsyYvcJxqfWMvg

Hey Everyone,

Still alive, posting from one of the highest infections per capita in the country. I've now had eight friends contract the covid and two parents of a friend who are both over 70... One of which has a autoimmune system disorder.

You know what? Every single one of them has either recovered or is at least on the mend.

Our frontline of emts and nurses are indeed sick. More than half of our ER went down around 14 days ago. So they brought in folks from neighboring counties. Some of the original ER docs are getting close to returning to work.

People are indeed dying here. Mainly older folks but people none the less. It's real, it's awful and we are in the thick of an infectious rate double that of NYC.

But you know what? Everyone is fine. People are being very careful. Local PD is patrolling in force and checking on elderly as they can. Neighbors are helping neighbors and the food bank is seeing increased donations as unemployment rises. Folks are still polite and life is going on because we're helping one another. That's what it ultimately comes down to is remaining a community and increasing communication and civility even when the rules make it harder to do so.

I sincerely want to punch anyone who says "it's just a flu" but I'll also tell you that we will get through it. Humanity may be ugly at times but it's incredibly resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    A lot of the health agencies don’t report stats on sundays.
    You mean to tell me that we won't know if we're saved until AFTER Easter?

I can't remember if I got this here or direct from Wapo but it makes sense. No need to disinfect stuff from the store, amazon unless you need right away. Put it away long enough for the viable virus count to drop. Wash your hands after you put stuff away.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ting-packages/
    my son, who's a surgery resident at UCD, says the same applies to masks for the general public--if you're like me, going out in public only to buy groceries. When you're done shopping drop the mask in a bag and it should be fine for the next time. Obviously this is no help to health care providers who can't wait. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but it makes sense to me and I'll be doing it for my one N95 mask. Unless someone has evidence to the contrary.

A question--we say dilution is the solution to pollution. When you have infection, say peritonitis from perforated bowel, you wash it out with liters and liters of salt water solution. Just physically washing out, without any antiseptic, reduces bacterial count enough to greatly reduce the risk of infection. Anyone who had a cut sewed up in the ER knows this. Anyway, the question--with produce from the market, can just rinsing it vigorously remove enough of the virus--which is probably there in low amounts if at all--and wash it down the sink to greatly reduce the risk, without the need to kill it with soap?

If they can get the 5 minute test up and running in quantity it should help the paranoia about people from NYC, crossing state borders etc. Imagine covid tests on the shelf of CVS like pregnancy tests. Anyway that's my dream. I'd rather dream about skiing fresh snow but that will have to wait.

I have one single dust mask and my gut says leaving it sit for 5 days would probably be sufficient. The #ccpvirus dies easier if things are dry, so I’m not going to put it in a bag but rather hang it up in my shed.

When you were talking about flooding the system with mass amounts of liquid I got excited for a minute thinking you were talking about tequila through your guts. As to washing groceries, again just a hunch but lots of water might be fine but a soapy sponge is easy enough for most things.

Albertsons safeway CEO Vivek Sankaran has decided to not protect their front line workers and our food with a simple cloth over the face because they don’t want to “cause panic”

Sprouts CEO Jack Sinclair has also not added face covering to their staff but didn’t see a reason why yet.

Do we have any journalists in here?

Trader Joe’s (CEO Dan Bane) on Colorado Boulevard was closed today because of a stocker with #ccpvirus.

Kroger Vice President and chief people officer Tim Massa hasn’t been proactive on this either.

This is a travesty in the making. You thought hording was bad a couple weeks ago, buckle up for when your store closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Maybe one of the med people can answer:
    Obviously an asymptomatic person is contagious.
    But are they less contagious than a severely ill person?
    Not just because of the coughing sneezing, but just the viral load itself?
    Like viral load in asymptomatic still registers on test, but not very much.
    Very sick person, more virus and growing?
    Not med. The severely ill person is likely more contagious, but much less likely to infect someone else, because the severely ill person is in a hospital where strong measures are in place to prevent spread. A somewhat ill person should be self-isolated at home (until we have outside isolation available), again not a big spreader. The asymptomatic person may be out at the store, spreading. This is why we all need to avoid each other as much as possible, wash hands, etc. (IMHO, we should all wear masks/bandannas too) We should do contact tracing; that aims to find and quarantine the asymptomatic.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

This is real. A friend here in Switz has a cat with it and not expected to survive and her other cat is at high risk. Take care of your kitties.

https://www.livescience.com/cat-infe...rom-owner.html

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Chinese Rat Flu

NyPd towing long haul truckers during the pandemic. Classic A-holes.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...U0WVJLR1FazLUA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stay back dirty swineName:  FB_IMG_1585567440868.jpeg
Views: 640
Size:  52.2 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

...Untill an avalanche.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Some Landlord already threatening evictions. Anyone know this David Thiemann pussy? Says he lives in Aspen.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...me-top-story-1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Does anyone have a room set up in their home ready for a sick person? After listening to the NYtimes recent podcast..I’m getting a room in my house ready (in a minimal way) for one of us to get this shit..
    I've been mulling this over. Because of how my house is laid out and our activity over the last month, if one of us gets it, it's pretty certain we all have it. There's no way to 100% isolate here so I am not sure a partial isolation is worth the hassle and stress for the few days until the next person has it. If nobody gets it in the next two days, then any infection after that will have come from the US Postal service or my wife getting groceries. Regarding whatever flu I had after I came back from Spain, nobody else here got it, it's been 25 days since I was symptomatic and I've been over it for about 7-10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    This is real. A friend here in Switz has a cat with it and not expected to survive and her other cat is at high risk. Take care of your kitties.

https://www.livescience.com/cat-infe...rom-owner.html

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Did the cat get tested? Fever? Muscle pain? Thight chest? Cough?

Was the cat in Lombardia? Contact with other cats tested positive.

Obviously was not in China since NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Skiing vacation in Vail, Verbier or St Anton.

???????

It could be just hayfewer.

Sent from ullr with love!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    My list: please hassle these people mercilessly. Kick em in the nuts. Put a turd under their door handle...don’t feel badly about it. These are bad people, who went far out of their way to really screw me when they had no reason to do so:

Rich Tingle of Santa Fe Hotshots .

Dick Tingle is one hell of a name.