Page 1211 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... LastLast
Results 30,251 to 30,275 of 41810
    No more quoting, please. I know it's tempting. Resist the power of the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Seems like you should just social distance from the entire world for the next could decades. Social distancing and staying at home 100% works better then wearing a mask. Without a doubt, you are safest in the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'll leave that to the doomers and vulnerable. I'll take my chances with actually living like a human with a virus that I'd rather not get, but has effectively a 0% chance of killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    what about a mask versus empty air - which one is tougher for viruses to travel through

Attachment 348657
    I'll go with mask.

Who needs the ignore button when you can just skip entire pages upon simple sighting of rodger my johnson or gretch6969@moscow.gov?

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    I'll leave that to the doomers and vulnerable. I'll take my chances with actually living like a human with a virus that I'd rather not get, but has effectively a 0% chance of killing me.
    Ron's gonna be home alone not wearing a mask. Defiantly.

Ohhhh Ronnn!! Johnsonn!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

It's perfectly fine to quote trolls, just not here. There is the point that anyone who names him/her self after a politician and only comes here to troll is in clear violation of the New Roolz. Reporting seems legit. But for the weak and the waffling and the bored, the password is yes:

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotRonJohnson View Post
    (instructions snipped...click on through for those)

Interact less with the trolls; you're better than that. But since quitting cold turkey is often unsuccessful, this thread is here for you in the meantime.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    we aren't seeing a lot of flu? Does that indicate that social distancing and wearing masks, which we have never done in this country before, reduces the transmission of an infectious disease? Stunning if true. Must be a conspiracy.
    Yea... I wish I could show you these really cool graphs from work that show how masking and distancing wiped about basically every respiratory virus that had been circulating except rhinovirus and COVID last spring... we were testing at insane rates and positivity just dropped to 0% for most everything (Flu A, Flu B, RSV, hMPV, PIV-1, PIV-2, etc all went to zero across the CO front range).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yeah, just the sheer logic and physics involved in masks keeping viral particles from floating through the air when it's a airborne disease is too much for ronnie's brain to get wrapped around.

You mean people shouldn't be pointing to Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea as evidence that masks work?

It's a great position to be in - if the data doesn't show any benefit from masks - that just just means that other factors were the problem.

We've been lead to believe that masks are very important. And yet, we have countries with strict interventions AND high mask usage (Italy, Spain, France) that have had terrible results. This should not be the case according to 'the experts'.

There should be a signal SOMEWHERE.
    You are so bad at interpreting data and evaluating evidence it is impressive. Your hubris is also extraordinary. You’ve demonstrated an inability to understand basic statistics and science, yet think you figured out the truth and all the worlds experts who devoted their life to educating themselves and researching this are wrong.

there are sad victims of confirmation bias algorithms that simply cant see their own myopia...

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Got a real doozie for ya...

10 of us are confirmed positive from the hockey team I coach after spending the weekend in a hotel together with someone being sick in our group.

Fuck these people
    Booner, I hope you and your family and friends make it through Covid relatively unscathed.

In NY all high risk (football, basketball, hockey) sports are either cancelled or the kids can only perform drills without going against one another. Those are the rules - but it does not mean people are not bending and breaking them because they "don't want there kid to fall behind". I get that feeling, I really do.

My 12 year old son is a really good hooper and misses playing terribly. He shoots hoops every day before school, which theses days means 20 - 30 degree weather. His AAU spring season was cancelled but I got a call last weekend from another AAU coach trying to put together a competitive team to play tournaments in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut from December - April.

My son was in the room when I got the call and pieced together the conversation. When I got off the phone he excitedly asked if he could play on the team. I explained why it was not the right thing to do for him, our family and our community. He was naturally dissapointed, but he got it and was great about it and later verbalized it sounded like a bad idea.

My kids' 7th grade class has 800 kids, I get the pressure parents face in trying to give their kids opportunities to succeed and compete in HS sports. The fact is - it just is not worth it and it is irresponsible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The economics of India have intrigued me for a very long time. The fact that you would even suggest that their health care is better then ours is absolutely insane and laughable.
    I'm just looking at the recovery rates and making a hypothesis. In fact, those recovery rates might make a fine measure of the relative quality.
    Maybe you know a little about Indian culture from rich Indians that have migrated to the US, but you are incredibly out of touch of the realities of living in India.
    Really? That's an awfully bold thing to say without knowing me or my experience. I referenced Brahmin and subcastes above, I have first hand experience with many castes.

I will make a deal. If you agree to go live in India for a year on the average Indians daily wage, I will pay for your flight and salary for a year. Let’s see...how does $616 sound? For the entire year...
    What point would that make? That's irrelevant, again.

This is about why India recovery rates are double what ours are and simply questioning whether Indian obesity has anything to do with it and the fact that relative numbers are the convention, not absolute numbers.

You always veer off into these personal quagmires, I'm focusing on your arguments, which in general, suck and make no sense.

If you read my post about the recovery rates...I said specifically they don’t make sense to me and “something is amiss”

That's funny because I quoted you on that above.

All I'm saying is that your argument is full of shit, as usual.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'll go with mask.
    Yes. Bingo. Masks are harder for a respiratory virus to travel through vs just empty air.

We know people can be contagious with covid without having symptoms.

We know an infected person can spread the virus to many people at the same gathering.

We know that mask use alone (with otherwise just going about our lives normally) will not be enough to slow or stop the spread. You also need physical distancing, increased hygiene, and isolation of known or suspected contagious persons. Even then it’s not perfect.

Why do you think that experts in all countries are almost all advocating for mask use? What do you think you know that they don’t? What angle are you seeing that all these scientists are missing?

Or are you just here to troll for reactions and you otherwise accept all these facts and you don’t actually think of yourself as a super genius who can see what others can’t.

Buster is a very patient man.

I just don't understand why masks are such a big deal, it's so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    we aren't seeing a lot of flu? Does that indicate that social distancing and wearing masks, which we have never done in this country before, reduces the transmission of an infectious disease? Stunning if true. Must be a conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'll tell you what.... I hate being sick so much that now that I have a comfy mask to wear I would not be above wearing it during plain ol' flu season. As a matter of fact I would welcome people in this country becoming more accustom to wearing masks like they are in some other countries.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Can’t wait for their gender reveal party.
    So...nine months from now. Just in time for fire season! It fits...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Duh, it's a good way to own the libs

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Booner, I hope you and your family and friends make it through Covid relatively unscathed.

In NY all high risk (football, basketball, hockey) sports are either cancelled or the kids can only perform drills without going against one another. Those are the rules - but it does not mean people are not bending and breaking them because they "don't want there kid to fall behind". I get that feeling, I really do.

My 12 year old son is a really good hooper and misses playing terribly. He shoots hoops every day before school, which theses days means 20 - 30 degree weather. His AAU spring season was cancelled but I got a call last weekend from another AAU coach trying to put together a competitive team to play tournaments in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut from December - April.

My son was in the room when I got the call and pieced together the conversation. When I got off the phone he excitedly asked if he could play on the team. I explained why it was not the right thing to do for him, our family and our community. He was naturally dissapointed, but he got it and was great about it and later verbalized it sounded like a bad idea.

My kids' 7th grade class has 800 kids, I get the pressure parents face in trying to give their kids opportunities to succeed and compete in HS sports. The fact is - it just is not worth it and it is irresponsible.

Props for making the right call on the hoops tourney. Sounds like you were able to give your son a really valuable teachable moment about being responsible too.

BTW, has anyone checked on Booner? I hope he is ok and is getting some good nourishment with some thicc chicken noodle soup.

Holy sheep shit, this thread picked up. Ah can’t read it all.

Question: trying to help peers/friends understand the risk of gatherings next week by just getting a test a day or two ahead of time and feeling that covers them. I wanna make sure I have some info correct and I’m struggling to find info with my thumbs (internet searching on my phone):
    -incubation post infection: typically 2-14 days (likely won’t test positive during incubation) after exposure
    -contagious when eventually symptomatic: avg of 12 days (~2 day contagious w/o symptoms and ~10 days after symptoms develop)
    -contagious when asymptomatic the whole time:???

With the 14-day quarantine requirement that’s common, it’s clear that many people may leave quarantine after those days and still be contagious. Has that probability been published based on evidence?

This is disregarding the potential of receiving inaccurate test results.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Booner, I hope you and your family and friends make it through Covid relatively unscathed
    hear, hear!

Your kid could give lessons on maturity and self sacrifice that are sorely in need.

Props, poppa.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'll tell you what.... I hate being sick so much that now that I have a comfy mask to wear I would not be above wearing it during plain ol' flu season. As a matter of fact I would welcome people in this country becoming more accustom to wearing masks like they are in some other countries.
    Also allergy season. Last spring was the easiest allergy season I've ever had, and I didn't take any antihistamines or nasal steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It's perfectly fine to quote trolls, just not here. There is the point that anyone who names him/her self after a politician and only comes here to troll is in clear violation of the New Roolz. Reporting seems legit. But for the weak and the waffling and the bored, the password is yes:
    Not named after a politician.

^^^ Goddamn... Such a tiresome asshole. Go play in traffic.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.