Page 1238 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 ... LastLast
Results 30,926 to 30,950 of 41810
    I am way out of my league here, so crystallize an ocean to make that grain of salt. And wear a tinfoil hat. I read something I don't understand and am speculating based off that.
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Does this mean that getting the seasonal flu vaccine might also protect against covid?
    Maybe, if the Russian virologist's (sorry forgot name, read about it months ago) theory is right, the flu shot might provide a few weeks of protection. AFAIK, no one pursued this approach, suggesting it doesn't work or is too crazy sounding or something.

They gave a Meningitis vaccine as the placebo in the trials. If they had given the MMR instead, it might have totally changed the outcome of the study.
    That may be a good placebo choice if the non-specific effects even apply here. In theory, both study arms would get any benefit.

Considered not posting this as it's way speculative

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    No. Just a distinct and noticeable silence on the specific event in question. For which some here is the equivalent of defending someone. Not that I agree with such a notion. Just using the same standard that has been used against people like myself and others here to label us mistakenly as Trump apologists.
    Well thank Ghod you're here to score a point for Team Red. Doin' yer part to Own Da Libs.

...more whining
    ...even more whining
    Spending a lot of mental energy on this, are ya?

Newsome is an entitled dick, yep. Fact that he married Guilfoyle oughta demonstrate he doesn't have the best judgment. Give it a fucking rest, Austin. It shouldn't be about Red vs. Blue, really oughta be for us to just do our best to follow best practices as we understand them (realizing the science may drive changes in those practices). Gavin does not get a pass. Satisfied?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    glad you are coming through unscathed! Thanks for sharing your experience.
    thanks.

the first few months were (as ya'll have seen) really, really shitty. fast forward to now, and we aren't so bad - we've got a better handle on treatment protocols and screening/testing/earlier diagnosing. we're not just intubating and sedating EVERYONE thus saving ICU beds for those who really need them otherwise. even with that though, our local system is stressed - lot's of other nurses and docs out with the same. IMO, it's just a result of growing complacent and getting lax with our precautions.

it's interesting/scary seeing the coverage from the south and midwest right now. we SHOWED them what was coming, and how to deal with it.
    Last edited by scrublover; 11-26-2020 at 01:23 AM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

the crazy thing to think about is that the rapid success with the vaccine development - coupled with half of Americans feeling a sense of relief post election (and the half that is more likely to not see a vaccine as a 5G Gates pizza vaccine) may be leading to a much needed exhale and relaxation with a sense of "this will all be over soon" - thereby leading to an increased desire to visit family and forget about covid and let down your guard. Human nature to want to find reasons to not be stressed and not be uncomfortable. I'm not guaranteeing that is happening - just spitballin here

^^^ I was talking to a friend yesterday who felt the same way. Fatigue from 2020, and the desire to just get past all the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    the crazy thing to think about is that the rapid success with the vaccine development - coupled with half of Americans feeling a sense of relief post election (and the half that is more likely to not see a vaccine as a 5G Gates pizza vaccine) may be leading to a much needed exhale and relaxation with a sense of "this will all be over soon" - thereby leading to an increased desire to visit family and forget about covid and let down your guard. Human nature to want to find reasons to not be stressed and not be uncomfortable. I'm not guaranteeing that is happening - just spitballin here
    You may not be right, but I don't think you're wrong... Also think we'll see a similar thing with other post-Covid people thinking themselves safe, and getting re-infected or being asymptomatic carriers. 'cause fuck it man, I got antibodies! It's all good! AKA the Republican "fuck you I got mine" ideal.

Certainly not pinning my hopes on one of the vaccines in a hurry. For sure want to see more longer term data/evidence. You know - Science!

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Mrs. scrub and myself tested + on 11/6. I started with mild upper resp symptoms around the 2nd, she a couple days later. No temps, no sat drops, no N/V/D, no SOB. Went to get tested after she was unable to smell the pot of coffee I had just brewed...

Stayed out of work for ten days. Employee health let me come back after, as I'd been asymptomatic a few days by then. We both now have just a slight leftover upper chest cough. Highest temp in the house the entire time was 98.7F Temp scanning wouldn't have found us, but IMO it's still a worthwhile effort.

The conversation with the CT state health department worker drone was entertaining. "So where do you think you got it?" I responded with something to the effect of "did you miss the part where I mentioned I'm an ICU nurse who has been dealing with C19 off and on for most of the last year??????" I don't know how/where I slipped up, but most likely at work. Wife has barely left the house in the last 8 months, so for sure it was my dumb ass that brought it home. We are/were lucky. I've dealt with enough cases now to know being young/healthy/fit is no guarantee of how you'll do.

Haven't noticed a bump in c-diff here, maybe a bit more MRSA. Caveat: I'm only in a mid-size level 2 facility, in a 20 bed ICU.

So no fever? What do you call 'mild upper resp symptoms'?
    Would you have mistaken that for anything else (bad allergies, asthma, cold sinus infection, mild flu. etc.)?
    If you got tested again today, do you think you would be positive?

new story ...
    A few days ago I visited a friend in the local hospital. He (80 years old male) had been admitted a few days earlier for chest pain (heart attack) and went from one section for urgent care to another for serious care awaiting an angiogram. When I got to him, he was in a room with one other senior (broken bone) and 1 senior (Alzheimer's?? looked rather disheveled and making lots of contortions, diaper etc.) and another with some serious condition but alert/normal.

All seniors in one roof on that floor, which kind of looked busy to be honest. A few things in the halls that seemed to indicate a lot of action there. The rest of the hospital that I walked through seemed rather empty and quiet.

Now with all the talk on the news about the government suggesting that seniors in homes should not be put together in rooms with several others, why would the hospital be packing 4 to a room, all aged and generally more vulnerable? I don't think this was a very busy hospital and it is a big facility. I could be wrong abut the number of patients there but it just didn't seem like it was a safe idea. My friend was swabbed before his first room in urgent care so I guess everyone in the room with him was considered safe technically.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

So no fever? What do you call 'mild upper resp symptoms'?
    Would you have mistaken that for anything else (bad allergies, asthma, cold sinus infection, mild flu. etc.)?
    If you got tested again today, do you think you would be positive?
    Felt like a mild sinus infection, progressing to mild sore throat and cough from post-nasal drip. similar to what I get every spring and fall with seasonal allergies. The timing was right for that too, as I was just finishing fall yard and garden stuff. Raking and mulching a metric shit-ton of leaves. Nearly every fall since moving to the northeast I've had something like this. First clue was spousal unit developing similar symptoms - 20 years together and we don't get the same stuff. Her losing sense of smell/taste was the smoking gun.

Earlier on, for sure. Now? Maybe not. I'm nearly four weeks from onset of symptoms, nearly three weeks since positive test result, near two weeks since more or less symptom free. Have a slight upper chest congestion and non-productive cough, highly reactive to sudden temp changes. Could go away tomorrow, or be with me for weeks/months, based on everything I'm reading. Wife has similar. Her sense of smell and taste has returned, but some things she describes as having a metallic tang to them. Have read anecdotal things about that as well.

Yay! Church goers are free to superspread the covids all they want

https://www.axios.com/supreme-court-...a2e8297bd.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Newsom is a Democrat with a Donald Jr. haircut.
    That’s not the worst thing they share...

Name:  09B57FC4-7193-413A-82D6-C759223C37AB.gif
Views: 790
Size:  703.7 KB

Bukowski. I miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/19/93649...d-19-outbreaks

“The day after the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced an outbreak at Calvary Baptist Church in Sanford, Pastor Todd Bell stood at his pulpit for in-person service.

The state was in the middle of tracing a "super-spreader wedding event" and investigating whether Calvary Baptist was linked. After members of the church's choir stood shoulder to shoulder on stage and sang, unmasked, Bell turned his attention to the outbreak. He railed against public health officials for intervening in the church's affairs.”

“"You're looking at a liberty lover!" Bell told the congregation. "I — love — liberty. And I want the people of God to enjoy liberty!"”

“Bell said wearing masks was like trying to keep out a mosquito with a chain link fence. “

Walk into the church with a mask over your dick and ask if you have to wear a mask... we know what the answer would be, guess freedum to infect trumps genital freedoms.

That said, not all church goers or leaders are that flaky.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Bullets are free when you pull the trigger and they leave the muzzle...... freedumb!
    my uncle gave me free bullets and even paid me to become proficient in puttin them into removing threats with extreme predujice
    and the one they put in osamas head
    yur taxes help pay for
    thanks for doing yur part
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    my uncle gave me free bullets and even paid me to become proficient in puttin them into removing threats with extreme predujice
    and the one they put in osamas head
    yur taxes help pay for
    thanks for doing yur part
    My uncle gave me a chainsaw!

Yay uncles!

Yeah so they arent free but these “patriots” will gladly commit murder with these bullets.

I’m going to go take a shit on the altar at a local church! Dont mess with my first amendment right!!

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Oops

https://www.politico.eu/article/ital...racy-theories/

Italian stupidity beyond the Jersey Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/11/19/93649...d-19-outbreaks

“The day after the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced an outbreak at Calvary Baptist Church in Sanford, Pastor Todd Bell stood at his pulpit for in-person service.

The state was in the middle of tracing a "super-spreader wedding event" and investigating whether Calvary Baptist was linked. After members of the church's choir stood shoulder to shoulder on stage and sang, unmasked, Bell turned his attention to the outbreak. He railed against public health officials for intervening in the church's affairs.”

“"You're looking at a liberty lover!" Bell told the congregation. "I — love — liberty. And I want the people of God to enjoy liberty!"”

“Bell said wearing masks was like trying to keep out a mosquito with a chain link fence. “

Walk into the church with a mask over your dick and ask if you have to wear a mask... we know what the answer would be, guess freedum to infect trumps genital freedoms.

That said, not all church goers or leaders are that flaky.

Epidemiological evolutionary planning phase for the rapture.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8BF28649-9A04-4958-A967-455867840CDE.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	665.2 KB 
ID:	349860

Since we are talking about the highly regarded pharma industry.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...ical-lawsuits/

I thought I was reading fiction there for a moment.

Last night my neighbor posted that he was "shoving it up the governor's ass" by buying an espresso at a drive up coffee stand.

I'm guessing he's unaware that it's only dine-in activity that is temporarily suspended.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That or your neighbor has a fixation on a man's ass?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Just got a call from Captain Powder. He got the covid and it took him to death's door, he said, and he was put on the ventilator.
    But he says he's back 95%.
    send some 5% healin vibes
    to the captains 4 me and i hopes to share the powder again luvs from a bum

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last night my neighbor posted that he was "shoving it up the governor's ass" by buying an espresso at a drive up coffee stand.

I'm guessing he's unaware that it's only dine-in activity that is temporarily suspended.
    Tell him that homosexuality is AOK if its his thing!

Mrs. scrub and myself tested + on 11/6. I started with mild upper resp symptoms around the 2nd, she a couple days later. No temps, no sat drops, no N/V/D, no SOB. Went to get tested after she was unable to smell the pot of coffee I had just brewed...

Stayed out of work for ten days. Employee health let me come back after, as I'd been asymptomatic a few days by then. We both now have just a slight leftover upper chest cough. Highest temp in the house the entire time was 98.7F Temp scanning wouldn't have found us, but IMO it's still a worthwhile effort.

The conversation with the CT state health department worker drone was entertaining. "So where do you think you got it?" I responded with something to the effect of "did you miss the part where I mentioned I'm an ICU nurse who has been dealing with C19 off and on for most of the last year??????" I don't know how/where I slipped up, but most likely at work. Wife has barely left the house in the last 8 months, so for sure it was my dumb ass that brought it home. We are/were lucky. I've dealt with enough cases now to know being young/healthy/fit is no guarantee of how you'll do.

Haven't noticed a bump in c-diff here, maybe a bit more MRSA. Caveat: I'm only in a mid-size level 2 facility, in a 20 bed ICU.
    thanks.

the first few months were (as y'all have seen) really, really shitty. fast forward to now, and we aren't so bad - we've got a better handle on treatment protocols and screening/testing/earlier diagnosing. we're not just intubating and sedating EVERYONE thus saving ICU beds for those who really need them otherwise. even with that though, our local system is stressed - lot's of other nurses and docs out with the same. IMO, it's just a result of growing complacent and getting lax with our precautions.

it's interesting/scary seeing the coverage from the south and midwest right now. we SHOWED them what was coming, and how to deal with it.
    Nice to hear from ya D, I was wondering what was up with you. Glad to hear that you weren't too badly affected. It's also really good to hear the the hospital isn't completely swamped and I'm hearing that the system is getting worked pretty hard all around the area too.