Page 1145 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 ... LastLast
Results 28,601 to 28,625 of 41810
    What's the 56% a reference to?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Who will be cast as Father Damian?
    Fauci?
    I don't think Fauci is planning to travel to viral hotbeds like Nashville anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What's the 56% a reference to?
    Good question but I have no idea.

Gallup poll

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tgp.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	344272

In credible or not credible?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    So it's more of a confederacy thing that the south is doing so poorly containing SARS-CoV-2? Or is it the Republican Governors?
    Maryland has a Republican Governor, and has perhaps the best response of any State in the country, go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Maryland has a Republican Governor, and has perhaps the best response of any State in the country, go figure.

I feel you need to separate the governors between Trumpers and not Trumpers as MA and NH have also had a good response. That's about it (to my knowledge) for good R responses though. Ohio started out ok but I think have been doing worse lately

Hello

JIhH

Wow. It is day 234 of '14 days to flatten the curve', already. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post

How about Vermont? We have by most any metric the best response for a US state and we have a republican governor. Amazing that all he had to do was listen to the state experts and do what they said. Had a bit of delay with a mask mandate but he came around.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    So the two regions with the highest obesity rates, the most republican politicians and the weakest economies are also the two regions that are most likely to become leper colonies in coming months?
    You have a weakness now too. Your weakness (if nothing else) is the bad karma of this schadenfreude.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    FAQs on Protecting Yourself from COVID-19 Aerosol Transmission

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...h.guml01vbysm4
    in a thread full of coviod super spreading posters of meh twatshit and lame facefucks polibullshit
    this is one of the most solid links posted
    thanks
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Now the governors of NJ/NY/CT are trying to figure out how to regulate travel between the three states. CT says NY numbers are too high and we shouldn't travel into his state except for essential travel and NY doesn't want NJ (or PA) residents to travel here. They're apparently going to talk about how to make this happen today. What a fucking hassle! My kids go to school in Danbury and my father in law lives in an assisted living facility in Ridgefield. I guess bringing his meds in will be essential but I bet the kids going to school won't be, if we had to have the local pharmacy deliver them it would cost $2k per month and that's not happening so we'd consider it essential. If the shit hits the fan and they don't we would have no choice but to have him move into our house which would suck so bad because my wife and I could never leave the house together.

I thought Cuomo announced that all three states will act as one instead of restricting access.

Shit, half of my bike rides would be shut down.

The White House is considering slashing millions of dollars for coronavirus relief, HIV treatment, screenings for newborns and other programs in Democratic-led cities that President Donald Trump has deemed “anarchist jurisdictions,” according to documents obtained by POLITICO.
    Wasn’t it KQ who pointed out the weird overlaps between the covid thread and the protest thread?

I like the way that article boiled down things to statistical probabilities for risk management. Along the lines of the Japanese 3C's

"We can never be perfectly safe, only safer.  Hence, we need to take as many steps as possible to reduce the risk of our activities.  You should try to avoid or reduce as much as possible situations that facilitate inhaling the “smoke” (exhaled air) from others. To reduce risk avoid:

Crowded spaces

Close proximity to others

Low ventilation environments

Long durations

Places where people are not wearing masks

Talking, and especially loud talking / shouting / singing

High breathing rates (e.g., indoor aerobic exercise)"

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I like the way that article boiled down things to statistical probabilities for risk management. Along the lines of the Japanese 3C's

"We can never be perfectly safe, only safer.  Hence, we need to take as many steps as possible to reduce the risk of our activities.  You should try to avoid or reduce as much as possible situations that facilitate inhaling the “smoke” (exhaled air) from others. To reduce risk avoid:

Crowded spaces

Close proximity to others

Low ventilation environments

Long durations

Places where people are not wearing masks

Talking, and especially loud talking / shouting / singing

High breathing rates (e.g., indoor aerobic exercise)"
    "Talking, and especially loud talking "

Freaks me out. I cringe and run when there are people around me, wearing masks, who do this. Shut up or take it outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    In credible or not credible?
    Here's the question Gallup asked: Compare your situation today with what it was four years ago. Are you better off or not? The calls were conducted from September 14 to 28, 2020. Incredibly, 56% answered that they were, and that's quite a bit higher than previous results.

What to make of that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    You have a weakness now too. Your weakness (if nothing else) is the bad karma of this schadenfreude.
    You could deal with facts rather than ad hominins. It may be timely to refresh folks that this visualization exists with a pretty striking message ...
    https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    You could deal with facts rather than ad hominins. It may be timely to refresh folks that this visualization exists with a pretty striking message ...
    https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june
    Well done, North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And the studies were only looking at data through August.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Now the governors of NJ/NY/CT are trying to figure out how to regulate travel between the three states. CT says NY numbers are too high and we shouldn't travel into his state except for essential travel and NY doesn't want NJ (or PA) residents to travel here. They're apparently going to talk about how to make this happen today. What a fucking hassle! My kids go to school in Danbury and my father in law lives in an assisted living facility in Ridgefield. I guess bringing his meds in will be essential but I bet the kids going to school won't be, if we had to have the local pharmacy deliver them it would cost $2k per month and that's not happening so we'd consider it essential. If the shit hits the fan and they don't we would have no choice but to have him move into our house which would suck so bad because my wife and I could never leave the house together.
    Travel restrictions, either between states, or countries, do more harm than good, imo (unless the state or country is highly isolated). Focus on reducing transmissions in all the ways that aerosol article points out, and focus on getting a high compliance to these protocols, but don't worry if people are traveling across state lines. That is not how the virus is spreading and draconian restrictions are enabling the anti-mask crowd.

Thank you for posting this! I have been working out a reopening plan for my business and this helps to solidify that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Here's the question Gallup asked: Compare your situation today with what it was four years ago. Are you better off or not? The calls were conducted from September 14 to 28, 2020. Incredibly, 56% answered that they were, and that's quite a bit higher than previous results.

What to make of that? Your guess is as good as mine.
    I bet if you conducted that survey among registered posters here, the percentage would be substantially higher.