Page 1134 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... LastLast
Results 28,326 to 28,350 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is old news now, but why was the Amy Coney Barrett event at the White House allowed to take place last month? Over 150 people attended, many of whom were not wearing masks or socially distancing. In fact many people were hugging, shaking hands, etc. and, as we know, it became a superspreader event. Washington D.C. currently requires face masks and specifically prohibits gatherings of over 50 people. See: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/def....29.FINAL_.pdf
    and https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/def..._Coverings.pdf

It's disgusting this event was allowed to take place and it really shows the lack of leadership coming from the top.
    "Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump administration, some really great drugs & knowledge."

There's always a tweet.

Also, just got back from the grocery store in Montrose, CO. Only non-masks had shirts on from where else but fucking Utah County. If we have a spike here I know who to blame.

Yes, seems like clear violation of local health order. Chris Christie claimed he was told everyone in the first three rows had been tested and tested negative. Still should have to follow local health orders, and that includes everyone, even POTUS.

And everyone should read The Daily Kos: https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/...tail=emaildkre

Update on the in-laws front from Europe. Father-in-law and sister-in-law are both still hospitalized. Pneumonia is persisting for both of them. Fortunately the sister is no longer testing positive for Covid, but the father is still on oxygen. The situation remains the same for him now for a few days, and we're considering that good news for the time being. Certainly beats hearing that the health is worsening.

Other news, which is weird, but not really considering this entire pandemic saga is that the father's doctor was diagnosed with covid. The doctor is now hospitalized in the room next to the sister's room. This thing just spreads like a primed wildfire when it hits the right conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Yes, seems like clear violation of local health order. Chris Christie claimed he was told everyone in the first three rows had been tested and tested negative. Still should have to follow local health orders, and that includes everyone, even POTUS.
    Silly us; health and safety rules are for losers! Winners are above the law!

Probably one of those rapid tests that aren't even 50% accurate. Now Christie is on the apology/regret bandwagon. Typical Republican hypocrite.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And everyone should read The Daily Kos: https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/...tail=emaildkre
    That is fucking criminal and someone should go to jail for that shit. Unreal.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Update on upcoming release of potential Pfizer vaccine and timing: https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi..._albert_bourla
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Agreed, criminal, but not surprising to me. When Trump loses the election, look for him to roll out pardons for his cronies, who profited from the danger of the virus being hidden.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

hot take as reported by my grandmother:

Bill Gates is the antichrist and orchestrated both the pandemic and civil unrest in an attempt to overthrow the government and subjugate himself as supreme ruler. All of this is evidenced in Jane Austen's final work--Sanditon--which was left unfinished.

I have always thought she may be schizophrenic but I think she may be on to something...
    swing your fucking sword.

Gates is the third largest funder of the World Health Organization, behind only the US (who cut funding under Trump) and UK. Helps explain why all conspiracy theories he is behind corona:

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    hot take as reported by my grandmother:

Bill Gates is the antichrist and orchestrated both the pandemic and civil unrest in an attempt to overthrow the government and subjugate himself as supreme ruler. All of this is evidenced in Jane Austen's final work--Sanditon--which was left unfinished.

I have always thought she may be schizophrenic but I think she may be on to something...
    Did you at least give her a courtesy "OK, Boomer"??

This is old news now, but why was the Amy Coney Barrett event at the White House allowed to take place last month? Over 150 people attended, many of whom were not wearing masks or socially distancing. In fact many people were hugging, shaking hands, etc. and, as we know, it became a superspreader event. Washington D.C. currently requires face masks and specifically prohibits gatherings of over 50 people. See: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/def....29.FINAL_.pdf

It's disgusting this event was allowed to take place and it really shows the lack of leadership coming from the top.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that, being federal property, the White House (and other federal buildings) are not subject to local DC city regulations? No idea if that's true, and doesn't make the ACB event any less dumb, just something I remember reading.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that, being federal property, the White House (and other federal buildings) are not subject to local DC city regulations?
    I'm pretty sure that is the case. Anyway, it feels true, which is the standard these days.

Some good news for the safety of flying:

(Reuters) - The risk of exposure to the coronavirus on flights is very low, a U.S. Department of Defense study released on Thursday found, a positive sign for the airline industry as it tries to rebound from the pandemic’s crushing effect on travel.

When a seated passenger is wearing a mask, an average 0.003% of air particles within the breathing zone around a person’s head are infectious, even when every seat is occupied, it found.

The testing assumed only one infected person on the plane and did not simulate the effects of passenger movement around the cabin.

The study, conducted aboard United Airlines Boeing 777 and 767 aircraft, showed that masks helped minimize exposure to infection when someone coughed, even in neighboring seats.

About 99.99% of particles were filtered out of the cabin within six minutes due to fast air circulation, downward air ventilation and the filtration systems on the aircraft.

“These results ... mean your chances of COVID exposure on a United aircraft are nearly non-existent, even if your flight is full,” said United Airlines Chief Customer Officer Toby Enqvist.

The study estimated that to receive an infectious dose, a passenger would need to fly 54 hours on a plane with an infectious person.

The research over six months involved 300 tests during 38 hours of flight time and 45 hours of ground testing. It was done by releasing particles the same size as the novel coronavirus across the entire cabin by section, each of which had 42 sensors representing other passengers who could potentially come in contact with the particles.

Each test released 180 million particles – the number of particles that would be produced by thousands of coughs.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that, being federal property, the White House (and other federal buildings) are not subject to local DC city regulations? No idea if that's true, and doesn't make the ACB event any less dumb, just something I remember reading.
    I have not researched, but off the top of my head I would say this is correct. All of DC is subject to federal law, not the other way around.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    That shit happens everyday in D.C.. Dont be so shocked. How do you think Pelosi is a nine figure millionaire? Feinstein? Pretty much everyone? D.C. is one of the healthiest cities in America. The real estate market is off the charts. Not S.F. or Manhattan rich, but, we're talking about a town filled with public servants on civil service incomes. Har fucking har.

You believe that shit? Who runs the department of defense? Duh.

Pelosi is a nine figure millionaire
    That must include decimal points or the question mark.

32,000,000?

Name:  Screenshot_2020-10-16 Rep Nancy Pelosi (D) is the 5th richest Californian in Congress .png
Views: 1306
Size:  115.0 KBName:  Screenshot_2020-10-16 Sen Dianne Feinstein (D) is the 2nd richest Californian in Congress .png
Views: 1295
Size:  66.9 KB
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ress_by_wealth

Besides, ok, let's just say, 16 million. Now, you tell me why someone who has worked in "public service" all her life, and comes from a political family in Maryland (father mayor of Baltimore), so, second generation politician, should be worth 16 million dollars. That's a lot of fucking money. Are you worth even half that? Know anybody who is? And, I assume, you worked all your life, like me. Silly us.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ress_by_wealth

Besides, ok, let's just say, 16 million. Now, you tell me why someone who has worked in "public service" all her life, and comes from a political family in Maryland (father mayor of Baltimore), so, second generation politician, should be worth 16 million dollars. That's a lot of fucking money. Are you worth even half that? Know anybody who is? And, I assume, you worked all your life, like me. Silly us.
    Wiki eh? OK sure.

Maybe she sucks a wicked dick.

You are still deranged.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm a fan of how Sweden has handled the pandemic and here is why. They came up with a plan and have stuck with it. Yes, that plan has cost them lives....
    That’s were I quit reading. Late to this, but time for you to go fuck yourself, Mr. Hypothetical.

Now if we can just figure out how to get on planes without going into an airport.
    And hope that everyone on the plane is compliant with wearing a mask and no one eats or drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That shit happens everyday in D.C.. Dont be so shocked. How do you think Pelosi is a nine figure millionaire? Feinstein? Pretty much everyone? D.C. is one of the healthiest cities in America. The real estate market is off the charts. Not S.F. or Manhattan rich, but, we're talking about a town filled with public servants on civil service incomes. Har fucking har.
    You forgot the baby blood drinking. You're out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That’s were I quit reading. Late to this, but time for you to go fuck yourself, Mr. Hypothetical.
    I see you want more information on the Swedish approach. Here are some more quotes from the NYTimes:

“Today, all of the European countries are more or less following the Swedish model, combined with the testing, tracing and quarantine procedures the Germans have introduced, but none will admit it,” said Antoine Flahault, director of the Institute of Global Health, in Geneva. “Instead, they made a caricature out of the Swedish strategy. Almost everyone has called it inhumane and a failure.”

[In Sweden] gatherings of more than 50 people were banned, museums closed and sporting events canceled. But that was the extent of the measures, with officials saying they would trust in the good sense of Swedes to keep their distance and wash their hands.

Mr. Flahault lauded Sweden’s government for that part of its approach. “The Swedes went into self-lockdown,” he said. “They trusted in their people to self-apply social distancing measures without punishing them.”

“We are happy that the number of cases is going down rapidly and we do believe immunity in the population has something to do with that,” Mr. Tegnell said, “and we hope that the immunity in the population will help us get thought this fall with cases at a low level.”

Some experts believe Sweden is now almost fully in control of the virus.

“There are indications that the Swedes have gained an element of immunity to the disease, which, together with everything else they are doing to prevent the infection from spreading, is enough to keep the disease down,” Kim Sneppen, professor of biocomplexity at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, said in an interview.

He stressed that the country could have avoided the high death toll in the beginning, but said that Sweden had regained control from mid-April, when deaths declined steadily.

While the Swedes are far from having achieved herd immunity, he said, “we can conclude that their social distancing rules have proven essential.”

Swedish officials have been right to worry about “sustainability.” Strict lockdowns bring their own steep costs for society. With a vaccine at least months away, societies probably need to grapple with how to restart activities while minimizing risk.

Sweden’s leaders do not seem to have found the ideal strategy, but they are asking a reasonable question. “We see a disease that we’re going to have to handle for a long time,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s top epidemiologist, “and we need to build up systems for doing that.”

The fact that Sweden is no longer an extreme outlier in new virus cases — even as life there looks more normal than in most places — offers a new opportunity to assess risk.

https://nyti.ms/3cFCOlD