Page 765 of 884 FirstFirst ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,125 of 22093
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Interesting to see our northern neighbors' conservative party harping on their liberal government flubbing the corona response
    OK so back ground IS

the progessive Conservative party (an oxymoron ?) was the long time right in Canada, other than being kinda like that boring uncle at a party they were a fiscaly responsible, established, reasonable alternative and so they formed governments

" In 2003, the Canadian Alliance and the Progressive Conservatives merged, forming the Conservative Party of Canada.[8] The unified Conservative Party claims to generally favour lower taxes, small government, more transfer of federal government powers to the provinces modeled after the Meech Lake Accord and a tougher stand on "law and order" issues. "

thats from wiki ^^ what wiki doesnt add is there were only 2 progressive conservative MP's the rest of the appliance party was full of whacko nut job religious fanatics compared to yer average Canadian, Stephen Harper tried to fuck up and change Canada ( to look more like America) even changed the name to " the Harper government " but he failed cuz Candians are liberals, are not americans and so Trudeau has had 2 terms.

At this point the cons are rife with more religious whacko nut jobs many of whom have run to lead the party, that shit does not play up here like it does down there, SO the Cons are lashing out, the failed leader Andrew Sheer is about to be replaced so the cONS are virtualy a leaderless party at this point and

Trudeau will probably get a 3rd term becuz he is giving away SO MUCH MONEY !!!

I think Canada could have responded faster which could be said about every government with exception of USA cuz we are still not sure if they had a response

BUT once Canada got rolling it was OK
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-22-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    less than 50 posts in this thread in one day. obv shutdown over crisis averted

Longest most coherent xxx post ever, we’re all gonna die.

after spending way to much time looking at masks on that page I posted up thread I decided on this for me and I bought a couple for friends just for fun.

Name:  magicmask.png
Views: 421
Size:  91.0 KB
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Biba, the best restaurant in Sacramento, has closed for good. 34 years in business. Upscale Italian. Biba the owner passed away a few months ago but the family intended to keep it running, until the Covid happened. We didn't eat there enough, maybe a dozen times over the years, we mostly eat downscale when we go out, but I was always looking for an excuse to go. Another woulda, shoulda, coulda. Obviously, not nearly as important as the death of one homeless person from the virus, but still sad.

On a more serious note--I'm good with letting a lot of old people die to save the economy but it really is a miserable way to go, slowly suffocating, struggling to breath, alone with no family visiting. The solution--euthanize the old people before they get the Covid.

We have the flags at half mast--mine has also been upside down since Nov 2016. If Trump gets the Covid and dies, can we raise them back up?
    Last edited by old goat; 05-22-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    This just in, Churches are now deemed "essential" by the President, and if the Governors don't let the churches open, then he will "overrule" them.

It just gets more bizarre every day.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Biba, the best restaurant in Sacramento, has closed for good. 34 years in business. Upscale Italian. Biba the owner passed away a few months ago but the family intended to keep it running, until the Covid happened. We didn't eat there enough, maybe a dozen times over the years, we mostly eat downscale when we go out, but I was always looking for an excuse to go. Another woulda, shoulda, coulda. Obviously, not nearly as important as the death of one homeless person from the virus, but still sad.

On a more serious note--I'm good with letting a lot of old people die to save the economy but it really is a miserable way to go, slowly suffocating, struggling to breath, alone with no family visiting. The solution--euthanize the old people before they get the Covid.

We have the flags at half mast--mine has also been upside down since Nov 2016. If Trump gets the Covid and dies, can we raise them back up?
    When i lived near Sacramento, on shortline lake, i used to go to biba often.
    Great food, and she was a nice friendly person.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    When i lived near Sacramento, on shortline lake, i used to go to biba often.
    Great food, and she was a nice friendly person.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    She was indeed. Sadly, she had dementia towards the end of her life, although she continued to come in to the restaurant almost til the end.
    A lot of the waiters were older people from Italy, prfessionals, not the usual 20 something waiting tables until something better comes along.
    The lasagna was famous--only served 2 nights per week. I promised myself I would try it--the promise is broken. I have a couple of her cookbooks, maybe the recipe is in there although it won't be the same.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

do you think dr fauci flies and upside down amerika flag?
    in the land of the free and home of the brave
    weak, scared, in distress, men fly the flag upside down .
    audie murphy never flew a flag in distress, despite really being in it , just kept solidering to hell and back.
    weak move of disrespect and lame virtue signal but par for your course
    thread needs mur gonzo marketing

thanks htfbro
    keep on keepin on the good work of essentials tests
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

looking like another sadverse saturday on tap in here. Get some sunshine kids.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7222.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	329401

Hugged a covid Survivor chick yesterday.

Damn. Felt good to hug again. I miss it.

Hope this thing burns out and let’s us all get back to tittie squeezing time
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    looking like another sadverse saturday on tap in here. Get some sunshine kids.

after 30 sums of sun and no percip im good with the gray and rain and reduced fire danger

remember our fallen heros
    and ya be sure to drive slow
    and sups safe

in the land of the free
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

Pretty dry around here, trees finally started leaf out this week, still stick season above 2200'. Maine under a fire warning and I suspect we will be as well before the next front brings some water Wednesday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200523_085711.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	329403
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    after spending way to much time looking at masks on that page I posted up thread I decided on this for me and I bought a couple for friends just for fun.

Name:  magicmask.png
Views: 421
Size:  91.0 KB
    Trippy

Pair it with one of those extra large sombero hats with this design and you have social distance and inner space.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    OK so back ground IS

the progessive Conservative party (an oxymoron ?) was the long time right in Canada, other than being kinda like that boring uncle at a party they were a fiscally responsible, established, reasonable alternative and so they formed governments

Just to add the Conservatives have had a hard go keeping a tent large enough to be electable without the tent being so large that they can't get along and split apart . Happened Federally and in Alberta. The social conservatives and right to lifers have no where else to go but end up being turds in the punch bowl from them.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    This is a Canadian video by Erin O'Toole ("Husband, father, RCAF Veteran, former Minister of Veterans Affairs, lawyer, & volunteer. Proud to be the Member of Parliament for Durham¨) circulating on social media, highlighting the failures of Trudeau's govt.

https://www.facebook.com/erinotoolec...7448668236762/
    I made it through a third of that.

It looks just like the US in that states with democratic governors are assaulted with claims that they "didn't do enough" while at the same time the right wing complains about their freedumbs being confiscated and how they can't be forced to wear masks, etc.

Highlighting the fact that Trudeau's govt didn't turn the tap off completely from travel to China can't alter the fact that transmission became widespread due to visitors from the states.

In other Canada vs. US news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52779727
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

How about Derek Sloan a pretender to the party leadership, calling for the resignation of teresa tam the top doc on the pandemic response federaly cuz she was born in Hong Kong, he is also a 7th day adventist minister, gun nut, openly anti abortion/lets appeal abortion laws. Or homo phobic stuff from former Harper-era deputy Richard Decarie?

Cuz up here those ultra conservative whacko qualities are a red flag for the average canadian, so what doesnt get them anywhere up here would qualify them to be a vice pres down thar, with 10 minutes of goggle I could find other MP's with the same optics problems, so all that bagage is what the Cons need to try and distance themselves from if they want to form the government of Canada

Erin O'toole is probably the least fucked up of the pretenders to the throne and to make that vid is his job cuz he is the foreign affairs critic AND he speaks fluent french which is very important to get elected in a country with 2 official languages, peter mackay never bothered to learn during all his years in gov,

... as opposed to mumbling like a drunk a la Trump

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... as opposed to mumbling like a drunk a la Trump
    Trudeau also inspires some good right wing humor

Name:  IMG_6918.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6917.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  157.0 KB

well sure !

I duno if you are Canadian but its different up here, we look at politicians with a healthy disdain which is a test of intelligence

Reffering to the PM or premier as " Mr " yadayada is never used, its a last name basis so trudeau or sheer or singh or Hoprgan or wtf is fine

and trudeau isnt the PM cuz Canadians voted FOR him instead we didnt vote for sheer and before him we didnt vote for harper

According to a CBC show where they interviewed the gallup poll guy in all the years running the same poll Canadians polled for the most part like northern yurpeans while Americans just got more conservative

Quite a few Washington counties have already entered "phase 2" of reopening which allows things like barber shops to open and limited in-store dining, but doesn't look like King County (Seattle, Bellevue) is going to get there by June 1st, which was the target. One of the requirements is less than 10 new COVID-10 cases per 100,000 residents over a 14 day period and King currently sits at 39. The worst county in the state is Yakima with 408. They've got a long road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    This just in, Churches are now deemed "essential" by the President, and if the Governors don't let the churches open, then he will "overrule" them.

It just gets more bizarre every day.
    Blatant vote buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Blatant vote buying.
    If he was smart they would've tried this closer to the election so the folks wouldn't have time to die from the covidzz before voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Blatant vote buying.
    By November there will be a lot fewer to buy tho.....

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If he was smart they would've tried this closer to the election so the folks wouldn't have time to die from the covidzz before voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    By November there will be a lot fewer to buy tho.....
    That's what I was thinking, seems he keeps encouraging his supporters to go get infected, and spread it.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Trippy

These are trippy times.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism