Page 623 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    What’s the story here? Looks like the flipping someone over.
    proning. wonder where that was taken. I don't think too many if any US hospitals have that kind of PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Here's the potential for under-counting covid death in NY specifically.

Attachment 326572
    Been expecting this. The same observations were reported in Italy several weeks ago. And I'm also expecting to hear that a lot of deaths prior to the first "official" Covid death, will also be reclassed as Covid caused. While the number of Covid positives is about to sky rocket as we increase testing so will the mortalities. So don't go blathering about a death rate less than the flu you mathematical retards.

Is anyone selling Nixon covid masks? I want one.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    proning. wonder where that was taken. I don't think too many if any US hospitals have that kind of PPE.
    Check out all the patients in the background. Quite a few look to be on their stomachs. Sad.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

This is hard to come to terms with: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...es/ar-BB13hKUy

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Well you did so assume all the other mouth breathers will too.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...han-lab-grant/
    We can read that link and see that, at best, Rudy was being transparently misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The stupidity of America continues to blow me away.
    A friend of mine has an idiot sister that posted this gem today. She’s a prison guard

Name:  IMG_0628.JPG
Views: 1168
Size:  167.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Public health officers have used contact tracing to combat STD's. Seems like admitting to breathing the same air for a few minutes is a bit less...private.
    And staying home and social distancing is not a Gubamint plot to take yer freedumbs either.

A new memo issued Monday by Attorney General Bill Barr told federal prosecutors nationwide to “be on the lookout” for COVID-19 public health measures that “could be violating the constitutional rights and civil liberties of individual citizens.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/b...hutdown-orders
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    We are starting to re-open here in Montana. A major part of the plan is contact tracing any new illness.

Where does ones right to privacy/Begin/End? I can see people claiming that contact tracing is an infringement.
    The covid threat falls into a weird area with MTers. On one hand, you've got the "don't tell me what to do, freedom!!!!" crowds, but on the other hand you have a lot of older people who are more conscious about their health.

Bullock has got a thin rope to walk here, especially if wants to go from guv' to 'nator

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    A friend of mine has an idiot sister that posted this gem today. She’s a prison guard
    The funny thing is the ones I've empathized with as being the most afraid are the "I'll do me" crowd.

Spain

A good lover can do it all with the eyes.
    It's all fun a games until you get poked in the eye with rock hard nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The covid threat falls into a weird area with MTers. On one hand, you've got the "don't tell me what to do, freedom!!!!" crowds, but on the other hand you have a lot of older people who are more conscious about their health.

Bullock has got a thin rope to walk here, especially if wants to go from guv' to 'nator
    That's interesting. No such concerns for our governor, but I think the main thing keeping Idaho together is this: if your whole strategy for the apocalypse was whining at the government and making stupid signs, what would you need with a whole deer carcus, 8 months of canned goods and 178 years worth of lead and brass?

It felt like a unique moment even before Barr joined the ACLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Spain
    Yeah, also at least 3 big guys on that lift team. In my hospital it would be 2, maybe 3 5ft tall, 100# Philipine nurses on a 300 pound patient, and they'd get it done. Bless Philipine nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    A covidiot sent it to me, suggesting the red states run an experiment and drop the stay-at-home.

About 4:00 in the video he says they tested 5000 and found 300 cases, meaning 6% of the population is infected, a widespread viral infection. That is simply bad reasoning. They only test people they think are sick. 6% of those have it, not 6% of everyone

If you read international news, you'll find the red/blue experiment you propose has already been done
    The "red" countries, most countries, discovered soaring infection rates, deaths, and overwhelmed hospitals. USA was one of these. Some "blue" countries include Taiwan, China, New Zealand, and South Korea. With no new treatments or knowledge, there's not much purpose in rerunning the experiment

The guy in your video goes on to make the same mistaken conclusion about California's numbers. He's out of his league. I didn't watch any further.

I assume the rest of the video is equally misguided
    I see the problem of the stats they were trying to infer but it seems like the video was taken down which troubles me as censorship. They may be wrong and misguided but in the end they may have been on the right track. It has become such a partisan issue I'm wondering once there is more solid stats will clear decisions be made.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I've read the respirator mask that you would use for lead paint removal filter the air you breath in, but do not filter the air you exhale. So you would be protecting yourself, but not protecting others (which is the primary reason to wear a mask).
    Oh damn, I learned something new in the Padded Room. That makes sense to me, guess I'm going to be a fabric mask kook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    We are starting to re-open here in Montana. A major part of the plan is contact tracing any new illness.

Where does ones right to privacy/Begin/End? I can see people claiming that contact tracing is an infringement.
    The kind of contact tracing that we could have using smartphones is so invasive that it would make KGB from the Cold War days wet their pants in glee. I'm not surprised that both the right and left see this as a slippery slope. Not sure how we could possibly create this surveillance apparatus, trust that it will be used responsibly, and retired when it's no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I've read the respirator mask that you would use for lead paint removal filter the air you breath in, but do not filter the air you exhale. So you would be protecting yourself, but not protecting others (which is the primary reason to wear a mask).
    Yes. N95 and cartridge respirators with exaltation ports do not function as source control.
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Check out all the patients in the background. Quite a few look to be on their stomachs. Sad.
    Proning increases dorsal alveolar recruitment and vq matching. We did this for intubate ards patients usually paralyzed +sedated helped avoid ecmo. It's very labor intensive and involves increased risk of pressure injury aa d complexities in assessment and nursing care. With covid we are pronimg early including encouraging patients to self prone while they are just on high flow o2 (not vented) proning awake patients
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Is this real or is it memorex?
    Aussies want to know wtf is up.
    https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6152226957001

I’m in favor of re-naming it Total Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome

Possibly even Really Extreme Total Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I need someone to talk me off a ledge. I have an email for my supervisor waiting for me to hit send. The jackass has been trying to convince our group for the past three weeks that this ‘covid thing’ is not nearly as bad as the flu and tonight he just put a nail in the coffin. He said he did some ‘statistical modeling’ and has confirmed that there is a much higher risk we will die from the flu. He also said he is excited
    to chat tomorrow about our path forward and getting back to normal. At first I laughed and then I remembered this is the asshole that gets to decide my fate in regards to the job. I just couldn’t take it and wrote a pretty frank response to the email and intend to copy in his supervisor. I’m just at my wits end with this kind of bullshit. We have spent a considerable amount of time discussing options how we can adjust to keep a safe, productive work environment. Some of the ideas people have brought forward have been great and are things that will likely continue post covid. It’s clear my supervisor is trying to convince us it’s all groovy and we don’t need to change how we do things. I just can’t comprehend how people can really think this way, and believe it so wholeheartedly that they are willing to put others at risk. I am going to sleep on the email but at this point that enter button is looking more and more tempting.

Here is the really ironic part. I’m a fed employee and work for an agency that in general prides themselves on safety.

apparently the you tube video posted here easrlier today from the doctors with the largest study on a population in the us to date showing the mortality rate is 0.03 percent has been taken down by google, good thing; do not want to calm anyone down.

hmm, 0.03 about what I had figured but what the hell do I know; i'm a right wing knuckle dragger(that reads astrophysics books for enjoyment)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

The Bakotard docs got an official smack down today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	326701

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I need someone to talk me off a ledge. I have an email for my supervisor waiting for me to hit send. The jackass has been trying to convince our group for the past three weeks that this ‘covid thing’ is not nearly as bad as the flu and tonight he just put a nail in the coffin. He said he did some ‘statistical modeling’ and has confirmed that there is a much higher risk we will die from the flu. He also said he is excited
    to chat tomorrow about our path forward and getting back to normal. At first I laughed and then I remembered this is the asshole that gets to decide my fate in regards to the job. I just couldn’t take it and wrote a pretty frank response to the email and intend to copy in his supervisor. I’m just at my wits end with this kind of bullshit. We have spent a considerable amount of time discussing options how we can adjust to keep a safe, productive work environment. Some of the ideas people have brought forward have been great and are things that will likely continue post covid. It’s clear my supervisor is trying to convince us it’s all groovy and we don’t need to change how we do things. I just can’t comprehend how people can really think this way, and believe it so wholeheartedly that they are willing to put others at risk. I am going to sleep on the email but at this point that enter button is looking more and more tempting.

Here is the really ironic part. I’m a fed employee and work for an agency that in general prides themselves on safety.
    If you think your employer is not following state or federal corona virus guidelines, file a whistler blower complaint. That process is anonymous (unless Trump and the GOP demand you be outed)

https://www.opm.gov/our-inspector-ge...n-information/

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    apparently the you tube video posted here easrlier today from the doctors with the largest study on a population in the us to date showing the mortality rate is 0.03 percent has been taken down by google, good thing; do not want to calm anyone down.

hmm, 0.03 about what I had figured but what the hell do I know; i'm a right wing knuckle dragger(that reads astrophysics books for enjoyment)
    Right on cue. Mr. Dunning Kruger himself. Hey look everyone, he reads astrophysics.

Tell us more about how you’d support Sweden if they are trying to kill all the brown people who moved there.

“The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling. He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates in reality are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.”