Page 621 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,525 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Ok...raise your hands. How many of you dumbasses are wearing a mask in your car by yourselves?
    I thought that was the cool way to roll these days? I see lots of people sporting their masks as they cruise around. Especially the millenials in their tuner cars. Even boomers are sporting the masks while they cruise the sidewalks in their battery powered scooters.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    We got listed as a "hot spot" last week. Tri-Cities has it the worst of any county in this corner. We're not even to 60 but thanks to Tyson we've been adding 5 or so a day for the last week. No deaths so far but it has reached some long term care facilities including the VA.
    Yeah, I saw that about Tyson's. I wasn't aware of your VA being hit. Our Veteran's Home got hammered pretty hard, including some deaths in that facility. Those still infected (9) were moved to the VA Hospital and the home is now testing clean. We'll see if that holds. That one facility has been the biggest contributor to our cases up here. We're definitely on the downside of the curve now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Not even close. If they started a clinical trial involving baguettes, red wine and a dozen cheeses which names you've never heard of I'd say it would be on point. The French don't smoke as much as they used to these days, the cost of a pack got prohibitively expensive for all but the strongest of addicts. Compared to when I was growing up it's shocking how uncommon smoking has become.

And in France it will definitely not be Menthols...
    Too be truly French, wouldnt they need to waving the white flag of surrender to something, anything, really anything at all.

Ok...raise your hands. How many of you dumbasses are wearing a mask in your car by yourselves?
    And why the fuck are people wearing mask jogging or walking alone, as in they are the only person in the area outside.

I can see it if you are walking in a mall or Main St but walking in your neighborhood with no one around seems to be overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To protect you. Perhaps that's a mistake?

Typed while wearing a mask .
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Bet every single American would prefer to be one of these other countries right now, even if just for the economic benefit.

Attachment 326555
    We'll call it the "Trump bump"

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Im Okay with that. It’s nice to know who the real Karen’s and Kevin’s are.

It’s a scarlet letter. A poker tell.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Taken out of context, that phrase is terrifying.

It's my 1st amendment right.

Also, donning at home means I wash my hands after applying, further protecting others.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Not even close. If they started a clinical trial involving baguettes, red wine and a dozen cheeses which names you've never heard of I'd say it would be on point. The French don't smoke as much as they used to these days, the cost of a pack got prohibitively expensive for all but the strongest of addicts. Compared to when I was growing up it's shocking how uncommon smoking has become.

And in France it will definitely not be Menthols...
    Goddammit. Now I'm hungry for French cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Ask your wife if, when someone dies of pneumonia from the regular flu, the death certificate only says "pneumonia" and never mentions "from influenza" on it
    I don't know about other states, but in CA a death certificate has 3 blanks under cause of death: Blank due to blank due to blank. Then a box to list contributing factors. So for influenza it might read "respiratory failure due to bacterial pneumonia due to influenza. Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, coronary artery disease." For Covid-19 it might read "respiratory failure due to viral pneumonia due to COVID-19. Diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease."

There's no standardization. Some docs write "cardiac arrest" in the first box, which is dumb unless it was a sudden, unexpected arrest, since cardiac arrest is how everyone dies from any disease. Someone might write COVID-19 in the first box. Someone else might write "COVID-19 due to SARS-CV2" which seems unnecessarily pedantic to me. As long as COVID-19 or coronavirus or SARS-CV2 is somewhere in the 3 boxes it should be considered the cause of death for statistical purposes. That is, the person wouldn't have died if it weren't for the virus. OTOH if the death certificate read "acute metabolic failure due to lysol ingestion due to stupidity. Contributing factors COVID-19" Covid-19 should not be considered the cause of death. Remember that the death certificate is filled out by a doctor who considers doing it a waste of time (death certificates often bounce around a hospital or clinic looking for someone willing to fill them out) and read and entered into a database by a county clerk.

The death certificate has nothing to do with billing. That is done by the diagnoses listed and documented in the medical record. I don't know if COVID-19 is a valid diagnosis for billing purposes or if it is billed as viral pneumonia or respiratory failure or whatever other complication of it the patient died of. For medicare purposes and probably for private insurance any diagnosis that is billed has be documented by certain criteria. Just listing diagnosis is not enough. Billing for an undocumented diagnosis might be considered Medicare or insurance fraud so doctors and billers will usually be careful not to enter a diagnosis without documentation.

Interesting article about proning (placing a patient on their stomach) to avoid intubation. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/acem.13994

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I don’t have patience to watch an hour of that.

But yes. The essential point is true.

Went shopping today for foods.
    So many Karen’s. And Kevins.
    Face mask full glove not gonna die ever.
    Fuuuuck it.
    You are despicable

I wear a mask or bandanna to show respect with the people I interact with

The mask isn’t to protect me - it is to protect everyone else

How fucking stupid and heartless are you?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Only for heists.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    You are despicable

I wear a mask or bandanna to show respect with the people I interact with

The mask isn’t to protect me - it is to protect everyone else

How fucking stupid and heartless are you?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I dealt with 4 other guys like this, all red-hatters, golfing last weekend. They keep defending Trump and blowing this off...no worse than the flu. My sister has been a nurse for over 35 years, so I have facts from the inside available. Facts fall on deaf ears to red-hatters

Pssh. Face masks are for kooks who never demo'd anything with asbestos or lead paint in/on it. If you have a perfectly good respirator, why screw around with a fabric mask?

I thought you were missing, possibly dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    And why the fuck are people wearing mask jogging or walking alone, as in they are the only person in the area outside.

I can see it if you are walking in a mall or Main St but walking in your neighborhood with no one around seems to be overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m reminded of being in Canada constantly seeing people wearing bike helmets while not riding bikes...like in the grocery store or walking down the sidewalk or whatever.

COVID 19 deaths underestimated. Looking at overall deaths in March show many more excess deaths than accounted for by deaths classified as Covid. Some probably due to other diseases in people afraid to go to the hospital or unable to get care because of Covid. Others due to undiagnosed Covid.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...d/?arc404=true

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Hunter Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know about other states, but in CA a death certificate has 3 blanks under cause of death: Blank due to blank due to blank. Then a box to list contributing factors. So for influenza it might read "respiratory failure due to bacterial pneumonia due to influenza. Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, coronary artery disease." For Covid-19 it might read "respiratory failure due to viral pneumonia due to COVID-19. Diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease."

There's no standardization. Some docs write "cardiac arrest" in the first box, which is dumb unless it was a sudden, unexpected arrest, since cardiac arrest is how everyone dies from any disease. Someone might write COVID-19 in the first box. Someone else might write "COVID-19 due to SARS-CV2" which seems unnecessarily pedantic to me. As long as COVID-19 or coronavirus or SARS-CV2 is somewhere in the 3 boxes it should be considered the cause of death for statistical purposes. That is, the person wouldn't have died if it weren't for the virus. OTOH if the death certificate read "acute metabolic failure due to lysol ingestion due to stupidity. Contributing factors COVID-19" Covid-19 should not be considered the cause of death. Remember that the death certificate is filled out by a doctor who considers doing it a waste of time (death certificates often bounce around a hospital or clinic looking for someone willing to fill them out) and read and entered into a database by a county clerk.

The death certificate has nothing to do with billing. That is done by the diagnoses listed and documented in the medical record. I don't know if COVID-19 is a valid diagnosis for billing purposes or if it is billed as viral pneumonia or respiratory failure or whatever other complication of it the patient died of. For medicare purposes and probably for private insurance any diagnosis that is billed has be documented by certain criteria. Just listing diagnosis is not enough. Billing for an undocumented diagnosis might be considered Medicare or insurance fraud so doctors and billers will usually be careful not to enter a diagnosis without documentation.

Interesting article about proning (placing a patient on their stomach) to avoid intubation. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/acem.13994
    Came here to echo this point of how we categorize deaths.

And covid does have a dx code now, but until a few weeks out I didn’t have it as an option when coding. Now I have it memorized, U07.1. Listing that a lot nowadays.

Wore my mask to the pot shop. 3 guys in line in the hall with no mask waiting to go in. I coughed and said "Don't worry, I think I might have it so I wore my mask to protect you. "
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post

Presumably because they are passing other people periodically?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Pssh. Face masks are for kooks who never demo'd anything with asbestos or lead paint in/on it. If you have a perfectly good respirator, why screw around with a fabric mask?
    I've read the respirator mask that you would use for lead paint removal filter the air you breath in, but do not filter the air you exhale. So you would be protecting yourself, but not protecting others (which is the primary reason to wear a mask).

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I dealt with 4 other guys like this, all red-hatters, golfing last weekend. They keep defending Trump and blowing this off...no worse than the flu. My sister has been a nurse for over 35 years, so I have facts from the inside available. Facts fall on deaf ears to red-hatters
    NO! You are despicable....

I hate playing behind 5-somes. Hit the ball already!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"