Page 378 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Imagine if it was 34 degrees and raining and word spread around that the transit system was now free of fare.
    Busses are free here now too, but it's warm. The homeless would rather be outside. They have their hangouts and cliques just like the 'homed'. Are they really just riding around for warmth there? No shelter they can go to?

Have they blocked or removed any seats, put up a plastic shield for you or given you a mask? Those things are happening here.

As you said, you're (more than) probably going to be ok. You've already beaten death with experience.

Re: State borders
    Respectfully disagree. I’m no city planner or anything. But seems logical it would help some people some places. I don’t think it would take much for governors to close borders to things other than interstate commerce and I think it would help.
    If there is a particularly nasty flare up in say, Cleveland, give it 3 weeks and mitigates itself a bit. Yeah it would suck but not permanent, I don’t think it’s a slippery slope argument like that erosion of liberties article from Vox I posted previously. It’s not 1918 anymore, but they did similar things then.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...c-coronavirus/

Hawaii has imposed a 14 day mandatory quarantine for all arrivals. If they can do it Utah can, too. Might not be as easy, but just as legal.

Apologies if this was posted earlier today. Hard to keep up here

Inside the White House during '15 Days to Slow the Spread'
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...esponse-153058
    Caution - you may get whiplash, rupture an Achilles tendon or blow out a knee from all of Trump's abrupt changes in direction

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Hawaii has imposed a 14 day mandatory quarantine for all arrivals. If they can do it Utah can, too. Might not be as easy, but just as legal.
    So, how does the State execute on this? Do the travelers get transported to some hotel/jail/FEMA camp set aside for potential Covid cases? How do they get food while in quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, at this point, you and everyone else has to accept, it's everywhere.
    Fuck that. It's in peoples' cells. If your just going to accept that it's everywhere then cancel all efforts to slow the spread. Your doorway is no different than your state border and you should just accept it into your lungs now. Fuck that. Infection is relative. Same with spread.

I think Texas pushed theirs through already as well.
    And my thoughts are coming from CO, while not the worst, I think we are currently in the top 10. Some of the rural places have been spared so far. Might as well continue if we can. Clearly just brainstorming but seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    So, how does the State execute on this? Do the travelers get transported to some hotel/jail/FEMA camp set aside for potential Covid cases? How do they get food while in quarantine?
    Honestly I don't know how they get fed. If you are a non-resident your designated quarantine location is your hotel and you are not allowed to leave or stop off on the way to or from. No car rentals, you have to take a shuttle or an uber. The state can call the proprietors and have them look to make sure you're there. The fact that there is no apparent provision for food aside from giving you the right to have deliveries left outside makes it pretty untenable.

We canceled, which was their goal. I think the airlines should have cancelled flights and used those planes to retrieve Americans abroad but this way they can keep your money (at least for a while--hopefully not ending with their BK).

Fuck that. It's in peoples' cells. If your just going to accept that it's everywhere then cancel all efforts to slow the spread. Your doorway is no different than your state border and you should just accept it into your lungs now. Fuck that. Infection is relative. Same with spread.
    It spreads from person to person, not group to group or region to region. While you're standing at the border with a pitchfork it's already behind you. But knock yourself out if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It spreads from person to person, not group to group or region to region. While you're standing at the border with a pitchfork it's already behind you. But knock yourself out if it makes you feel better.
    The fact that it spreads between humans is exactly the point: in any given location some have it and some don't. Travelling between states is not more benign than going in to work. The potential to spread by moving around has nothing to do with whether you're bringing the first case or the 500th. Stay home. You don't know you don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Here you go, NYC social media influencer about to hop in an RV with 6 family members and drive west to stay with family. Here comes the virus St. George...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-SjTReD...d=dufal987p36w

sent from Utah.
    I don't understand why this chick has almost half a million followers.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't understand why anybody has any followers.
    FIFY

Caution - you may get whiplash, rupture an Achilles tendon or blow out a knee from all of Trump's abrupt changes in direction
    "I did not say that."

But sir, may I quote...

"I did not say that."

Very nihilistic of you, but, the whole point now is to manage death better than, fuck it, let it burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If that 60 minutes opener didn't scare the shit out of you, you are an idiot.
    I am having trouble finding a clip of the opening. Would you mind sharing?

^^^ Trump said measures were to get to one to two hundred thousand dead and avoid one to two million dead. Parade of CEO’s thanked Trump for his great leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Very nihilistic of you, but, the whole point now is to manage death better than, fuck it, let it burn.
    Did you miss the sarcasm there or are you misunderstanding "nihilism?" Your perspective of "it's everywhere anyway" meets that definition much better than mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    ^^^ Trump said measures were to get to one to two hundred thousand dead and avoid one to two million dead. Parade of CEO’s thanked Trump for his great leadership
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    I am having trouble finding a clip of the opening. Would you mind sharing?
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yor...es-2020-03-29/
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

. . .

NM has 14 day self isolation for all arriving by plane... for what it’s worth. Put in place yesterday
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 03-30-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Damn! The part about who has the most chance of surviving is scary.

Getting ugly in Italy. Uglier I should say.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...ewing-11965122

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

What a shit show...

Thank god we have a steady hand on the rudder.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident