Page 1572 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 ... LastLast
Results 39,276 to 39,300 of 41810
    all I know is I’m finally feeling better so I’m going skiing tomorrow

and my coworker is now COVID+ so I get to be solo next two weeks and on call next two weekends
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    You know who else won't be doing a fucking thing about it? Any first world nation at this point.
    Exactly why I said you should read about it before posting more nonsense, since it's literally evidence of a first world nation doing something about it. Obviously any suggestion you might contribute to that is pure sarcasm. But being full of shit is a silly choice to make.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Seems like a predictable outlier, right down to the "crisis actor" style responses:

https://twitter.com/beneschtechllc/s...693702147?s=10

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Seems like a predictable outlier, right down to the "crisis actor" style responses:

https://twitter.com/beneschtechllc/s...693702147?s=10
    That sucks, glad to hear the kid is fine.
    Still, blaming it on the Starbucks asshole in anything but the metaphorical sense is kinda unfounded. Especially the way omicron had been spreading, and considering he’s been going to work the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    That sucks, glad to hear the kid is fine.
    Still, blaming it on the Starbucks asshole in anything but the metaphorical sense is kinda unfounded. Especially the way omicron had been spreading, and considering he’s been going to work the whole time.
    Could be. Might have been the only person who shared spittle with him, though. I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sure you do, you equated what asspen posted with what KQ posted. You seem pretty fluent in retard

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    you know what dude, i am not going to trade any more insults with you. i made my point both times honestly against what i see as a pervasive and building narrative that "this has gone on long enough". i don't know why you are all twisted, but i'm not a member of this community to troll other people or make disenguous posts as you have suggested, and i was responding here to the fact that in no way is the pandemic 3+ years old. That's it. If we look at the same stuff two different ways, well, we're people and that's how it goes sometimes.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Was there some mod action after that post, Ted?

Probably. Kinda figured the one post jong (likely not really) would self delete or get deep sixed. Either way I'm sick of this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    At least ZH reports actual news.
    Oh, you mean the ranting of how the world economy would totally collapse in 2009? Then in 2010? Then in 2011? How about 2012? Are they still doing that?

Another expert declaring COVID over, per the Seattle Times:

Christopher Murray, head of the influential disease-modeling Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, said the virus is still circulating at high rates for now. But in a matter of a few weeks, it will be Seattle Unmuzzled once again — and for good this time.

“This is a watershed for the pandemic,” Murray said. “The era of extraordinary governmental and societal interventions to control COVID-19 is essentially coming to an end. The pandemic, in the sense of that societal response, is over.”
    but another local expert doesn't necessarily agree:

“This framing that the pandemic is ending is really unfortunate,” said Jeff Duchin, the chief health officer for Seattle and King County, and also affiliated with the UW, when I asked him about the predictions.

“It’s by its nature unpredictable,” Duchin said. “We’ve just seen that evolving unpredictability, twice, since last summer” — the delta and omicron waves, which combined have killed nearly 300,000 more Americans.

“The key is having some humility about it. There’s no reason to think another variant like that can’t happen again.”

One Murray prediction — which Duchin said he agrees with — is that we’re about to go into a period similar to last summer, where COVID transmission recedes to relative lows. It likely means that masking and other public health restrictions could be dropped (again, like they were last summer). But after that?

“To say that we know that we’re no longer going to need any of the strategies to control COVID in the future, such as masking or social distancing or vax verifications, it’s counterproductive, and it’s not true,” Duchin warned.

Lots of opinions in mainstream media this week advocating that we remove masks from schools.

NYTimes: Let Kids Take Their Masks Off After the Omicron Surge

Atlantic: The Case Against Masks at School. Districts should rethink imposing on millions of children an intervention that provides little discernible benefit.

Washington Post: Schools can safely make masks optional with the CDC’s new guidelines

What would we do without altaslob as our fountain of knowledge?

It's sort of amazing that we would even consider continuing to turn society upside down, particularly for kids, to stop a disease that a) can be vaccinated for b) disproportionately affects older people when we are increasingly starting to see effects on kids that some of the countermeasures have.

I want to be clear, I'm not pushing for kids to not mask or for schools to be in person or any the other countermeasures, but I think we need seriously be considering the long term impacts of the pandemic countermeasures on kids, particularly young kids where we are increasingly hearing about the impacts of what a year of remote schooling did (socialization problems), what going to school during a big surge does (mental health impacts for some for kids and young adults), loss of teachers due to the back and forth and increased workload, etc.

I'm increasingly hearing about socialization issue with grade school kids because they lost that year of in person education, mental health issues in teenagers due to isolation AND the fear of getting COVID and bringing it home, etc. We are hemorrhaging teachers probably as fast as we are health professionals. It's not sustainable.

In short, we are fucking this up for kids alot of different ways and I think it's really on society at this point to figure out how to mitigate the impact of the COVID mitigations on kids, because the effects are going to be with us for a long time. We have to figure out ways to protect the vulnerable (largely people who have already been to school and had careers) and not transfer the risk and effects to young people as much as we can.

I feel the same way about the healthcare system. At this point we are allowing a small subset of people in society to overwhelm our healthcare professionals resulting in them leaving the profession and also delaying preventative care for hundreds of thousands of people. We have to step back and think bigger and longer term about what we are doing here.

Same for the impacts on people who can't WFH or don't have sick leave or a safety net when they get sick or their factory shuts down.

I doubt we will actually do anything different as a country because we pretty much don't give a shit about kids (see child hunger and poverty rates) or poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    It's sort of amazing that we would even consider continuing to turn society upside down, particularly for kids, to stop a disease that a) can be vaccinated for b) disproportionately affects older people when we are increasingly starting to see effects on kids that some of the countermeasures have.

I want to be clear, I'm not pushing for kids to not mask or for schools to be in person or any the other countermeasures, but I think we need seriously be considering the long term impacts of the pandemic countermeasures on kids, particularly young kids where we are increasingly hearing about the impacts of what a year of remote schooling did (socialization problems), what going to school during a big surge does (mental health impacts for some for kids and young adults), loss of teachers due to the back and forth and increased workload, etc.

I'm increasingly hearing about socialization issue with grade school kids because they lost that year of in person education, mental health issues in teenagers due to isolation AND the fear of getting COVID and bringing it home, etc. We are hemorrhaging teachers probably as fast as we are health professionals. It's not sustainable.

In short, we are fucking this up for kids alot of different ways and I think it's really on society at this point to figure out how to mitigate the impact of the COVID mitigations on kids, because the effects are going to be with us for a long time. We have to figure out ways to protect the vulnerable (largely people who have already been to school and had careers) and not transfer the risk and effects to young people as much as we can.

I feel the same way about the healthcare system. At this point we are allowing a small subset of people in society to overwhelm our healthcare professionals resulting in them leaving the profession and also delaying preventative care for hundreds of thousands of people. We have to step back and think bigger and longer term about what we are doing here.

Same for the impacts on people who can't WFH or don't have sick leave or a safety net when they get sick or their factory shuts down.

I doubt we will actually do anything different as a country because we pretty much don't give a shit about kids (see child hunger and poverty rates) or poor people.
    Agreed on the kids.

As far as our health care system, it's striking that, after all this time, I have not heard a thing from any national politician how we should reform our horrible (in relation to the rest of the developed world) for profit treatment based health care industry during the pandemic. Not a word. You would think it was a golden opportunity. nope. We're going to come out the other end of this with a generation emotionally scarred and dumbed down, and a health care system that is even worse for the average schmoe than it was in 2019. Good job, D.C.. How's the fundraising going?

Went to daughter's high school theater production last night. Vaccine card required, but they were letting people slide if they agreed to wear TWO masks. It was a musical but everyone on stage and in the back wore KN95 masks. Everyone in the audience wore masks, ZERO anti mask bullshit pushback from what I could tell. Kinda weird having to take a minute to look at the masks on stage to figure out who was singing on the solo parts but other than that no big deal.

Man those kids can really sing. They were all miked no lip synching. I was pretty surprised at how good it actually was.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Dr Shah from the Maine CDC is currently out of fucks, this is wicked funny

https://twitter.com/nirav_mainecdc/s...120273923?s=21

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 01-29-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Man those kids can really sing. They were all miked no lip synching.
    If they were wearing masks, how would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If they were wearing masks, how would you know?
    If they sounded that good then those bastards are likely lip syncing.

Masks have been a godsend to the lip sync community and the cold sore community.

The IRS will require people to upload pictures of themselves in order to access their accounts. What if everyone uploads their picture wearing a mask? That seems like something every the deniers could get behind. Maybe with a pair of anti-splash goggles and a face shield, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Masks have been a godsend to the lip sync community
    Ashlee Simpson's career is rolling in its grave

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Agreed on the kids.

As far as our health care system, it's striking that, after all this time, I have not heard a thing from any national politician how we should reform our horrible (in relation to the rest of the developed world) for profit treatment based health care industry during the pandemic. Not a word. You would think it was a golden opportunity. nope. We're going to come out the other end of this with a generation emotionally scarred and dumbed down, and a health care system that is even worse for the average schmoe than it was in 2019. Good job, D.C.. How's the fundraising going?
    Seems like you’ve expressed this ‘insight’ several times now, but it doesn’t align with what I’ve seen. https://democrats.org/where-we-stand...y-health-care/ lays out the party line, and various Democrats have been singing that same basic tune about Covid revealing the work needed on our health care system. Most recent example is the California attempt to use the pandemic to create support for a universal health care system bill.

??

And how has that translated into action?

You mean, like this thing I just read about?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emergen...-dhaval-bhatt/

Don’t move the goalposts. I was responding to your posts about politicians not saying a damn thing that would connect Covid to our broken health care system.

The intransigence of the GOP and mincing ineptitude of most Dems on true reform is a different topic and one that has been beaten to death on TRGz.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Don’t move the goalposts.
    Yeah good luck with that request

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Don’t move the goalposts. I was responding to your posts about politicians not saying a damn thing that would connect Covid to our broken health care system.

The intransigence of the GOP and mincing ineptitude of most Dems on true reform is a different topic and one that has been beaten to death on TRGz.
    What "moving of goalposts?" That's the game. It's politics. Sure, we'll give you this, if you vote for us, and then, when it comes to actually doing something, they get on the phone with Manchin or Sinema and say, hey, could you be the bad guy/girl on this one? Please. We'll pay you back in pork someday. Then, we all win, especially the donors, who own them.