Page 892 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 ... LastLast
Results 22,276 to 22,300 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I've read a couple articles about pets transmitting the covid. Not cool.

Something tells me those FEMA camps will not be sitting idle for long.
    you do not need those camps, the intial shutdown showed enough people will go willingly along and the few that dont generally do not have the resources to do as they see fit for more than a couple of weeks.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    you do not need those camps, the intial shutdown showed enough people will go willingly along and the few that dont generally do not have the resources to do as they see fit for more than a couple of weeks.
    Name:  huh.gif
Views: 483
Size:  308.6 KB

Name:  9VtnmM7.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  35.0 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Buy them both a one-way ticket to New Zealand.

When you've been rewriting history at the rate he does, what's a few numbers and guidelines?
    It's amazing the fuckers in the White House are willing to go along with his shit. It baffles the fuck out of me. I know politicians are by and large mentally fucked, but this shit is beyond comprehension.

But not to worry, between the guidance we get from Trump and Paris Hilton, this coronavirus is done, kaput, won't even be a blip.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...-despite-polls

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Trump is as incompetent as they come and is directly responsible for the mess we are in. However, I have my doubts that any president could have pulled off the kind of lockdown required to effectively contain the spread. For example, Spain handed out 1MM fines and arrested 8K people for violating lockdown orders. The rioting would be 2X the BLM movement if we tried that here. It's why we can't have nice things.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/20/othe...92_285496.html

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Trump is as incompetent as they come and is directly responsible for the mess we are in. However, I have my doubts that any president could have pulled off the kind of lockdown required to effectively contain the spread. For example, Spain handed out 1MM fines and arrested 8K people for violating lockdown orders. The rioting would be 2X the BLM movement if we tried that here. It's why we can't have nice things.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/05/20/othe...92_285496.html
    Not sure their leaders went around saying that it was a hoax and would just disappear one day. Or held Indoor rallies during an outbreak. Or directly contradicted their advisors while addressing the public. Etc etc.

OMG, imagine the right wing collective head Xplosion if Hillary had tried to impose any kind of quarantine, especially based on science??? Still, I'd take that over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Not sure their leaders went around saying that it was a hoax and would just disappear one day. Or held Indoor rallies during an outbreak. Or directly contradicted their advisors while addressing the public. Etc etc.
    Agreed. Trump's only competition for most incompetent handling is Jair Bolsonaro.

at this point where in the world can one travel out of America ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

68% have antibodies in working-class neighborhood in Queens, NYC, suggesting that specific neighborhood may have some herd immunity effects during the next wave. But only 13% in a mostly white and wealthy neighborhood in Brooklyn. I believe those tested were those who reported to the neighborhood medical clinic, CityMD, which could bias the results.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/n...ntibodies.html

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Look man, I get it. Fuck him. But people aren't wearing masks for the same reasons that they're stocking up on ammo. And that shit has been going on since the revolutionary war. Just imagine if they were told not to leave their house. Key-rist!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    at this point where in the world can one travel out of America ?
    The New York Times just did a story on this:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/t...ronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Look man, I get it. Fuck him. But people aren't wearing masks for the same reasons that they're stocking up on ammo. And that shit has been going on since the revolutionary war. Just imagine if they were told not to leave their house. Key-rist!
    Yeah, I get that. Not disagreeing. However, the politicization of mask wearing is really odd, and clearly perpetuated by the Prez. It’s fucking weird.

COVID deaths in the U.S. now seem to be starting to increase again after a steady decline. Gee, no one could have seen this coming!
    Name:  Annotation 2020-07-09 080047.png
Views: 497
Size:  39.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    68% have antibodies in working-class neighborhood in Queens, NYC, suggesting that specific neighborhood may have some herd immunity effects during the next wave. But only 13% in a mostly white and wealthy neighborhood in Brooklyn. I believe those tested were those who reported to the neighborhood medical clinic, CityMD, which could bias the results.

The headline is misleading but your description is worse. It's explicitly stated that 68% of those tested were positive, NOT 68% of the neighborhood.

Two problems trying to make the latter statement: selection bias (which is absolutely required in order to get even useful results from the antibody tests unless the test is something like 99.99%+ correct when positive) and what is the rate of false positives on the test used? Both the clinic and the population probably restricted the number of tests, both for good reasons and because working class people are less likely to pay for a test for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    COVID deaths in the U.S. now seem to be starting to increase again after a steady decline. Gee, no one could have seen this coming!
    Name:  Annotation 2020-07-09 080047.png
Views: 497
Size:  39.2 KB
    With better treatment comes a longer lag in death rate compared with the ~21 day average reported a couple months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

So therefore, the cheap domestic help from Jackson Heights will infect the mask wearing stay at home liberals in Park Slope when they come to clean or nanny when Mommy finally goes off to work or just lunch with the girls. And everybody infects everybody else on the busses and subways. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    With better treatment comes a longer lag in death rate compared with the ~21 day average reported a couple months ago?
    We know the average age of those testing positive has decreased significantly, so I think it probably has more to do with that. Those young people aren't dying, so it takes time for them to infect those who are at higher risk.

We know the average age of those testing positive has decreased significantly, so I think it probably has more to do with that. Those young people aren't dying, so it takes time for them to infect those who are at higher risk.
    Valid point. OTOH, dying in smaller numbers should also correlate with dying slower (when they do), wouldn't you guess?

Maybe those younger people who are getting infected won’t infect those more at risk because those people are more isolated and protected at this point, vs. March?

Ignore demographics. If ICU admits are high, deaths will follow. We're getting smarter, but none of the treatment options we've found (including non-pharma) to date will dramatically impact deaths.

I'm fun at parties, I swear

I agree, ICU (and to a lesser extent) hospitalization number are key numerics to follow. These and deaths show the severity of the pandemic. If it were just positive tests, and 99% of those were of no consequence then this pandemic would be no big deal. Unfortunately way more then 1% are having significant effects from this pandemic.

Huckbucket and I should have a beer together at parties, we would depress everyone.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

So of everyone on TGR who posts regularly, besides Nutmeg and her bf, who has gotten this thing? Not asking if you know somebody, but who here has had it?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^^This x1000, both posts. It always boggles my mind thats not whats reported or even really talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So of everyone on TGR who posts regularly, besides Nutmeg and her bf, who has gotten this thing? Not asking if you know somebody, but who here has had it?
    Was wondering this too. At least in my social circle, I know of only two people who have had it. Both healthy males in their late 40s. Handled it just fine but said it had really weird symptoms. Plenty of other people said that they think they had it back in blah blah blah but never got tested. (And I’m one of those).
    Waiting to see if there’s a big bump in our local numbers from they holiday weekend where we were inundated with out of staters from outbreak zones like TX, FL, and AZ among others. So far nada but we will see. I have had to go to more public places in the last week than I have been the last few months.