Page 883 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... LastLast
Results 22,051 to 22,075 of 41810
    So much disinformation and or no information at all. I'm in the camp of wearing a mask all the time unless I'm on the river fishing or boat with my kids. I have not gone to pool or anything. Trump needs to sack up and instruct governors to make the damn masks mandatory.
    I have never seen such disinformation from news sources either. I watched a Faucchi video were he damn near admitted the no mask story in the beginning was to prevent a run on PPE for health care workers. Then I watch CNN do a 180 on the hydroxy drug.
    It's hard to fight an invisible enemy without facts. Does it linger in the air? Does it linger on surfaces. How long in either case?
    I was fly fishing Friday and the swing sets along the public park river access are roped off in full sunshine, but the floatillas of rafters was unbelievable.
    The WHO keeps flip flopping, protest don't spread it but church does etc. I am a smart person. It's airborne and you suck into your lungs. Plain and simple. The more people you are around and for longer, the more likely you are to get it. Doesn't matter if your pulling down statues or a presidential rally. proximity to humans and them breathing is the vector. Plain and Simple to my dumb mind.
    I am going to go with my preservation instinct, that staying the fuck away from people in closed air spaces like a half full restaurant is the way to go, I will wear my mask in big box environments like Costco or Sams etc. and I personal distancing is better than social distancing.
    You get to close to me on the river, I'll whip you with the end of a 9' 4wt rod.
    I've pretty much determined there will be no football, certainly no fans, probably no in-person school and we are pretty much past the point of no return and are headed towards the herd immunity line of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. You'd think they'd try just to see how things might go this winter. This is the first time I've ever seen closed signs at CB. Sounds like Keystone, you just go around them. I've always pedaled and never purchased a pass anyway, but still has me worried about Vail since we're still pretty new to the Vail thing here.
    When we were there Phil seemed genuinely concerned that Vail intends to kill the CB bike park.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Dude's wife is a fitness instructor, I'm sure he was pretty fit, looks like a regular healthy guy. Tough to find a pigeonhole to stuff it into so I don't have to think about it but I'll keep trying I guess. RIP. Best to his family.
    You have to pretty damn fit to be a Broadway actor. Performing one show is like running a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    So much disinformation and or no information at all. I'm in the camp of wearing a mask all the time unless I'm on the river fishing or boat with my kids. I have not gone to pool or anything. Trump needs to sack up and instruct governors to make the damn masks mandatory.
    I have never seen such disinformation from news sources either. I watched a Faucchi video were he damn near admitted the no mask story in the beginning was to prevent a run on PPE for health care workers. Then I watch CNN do a 180 on the hydroxy drug.
    It's hard to fight an invisible enemy without facts. Does it linger in the air? Does it linger on surfaces. How long in either case?
    I was fly fishing Friday and the swing sets along the public park river access are roped off in full sunshine, but the floatillas of rafters was unbelievable.
    The WHO keeps flip flopping, protest don't spread it but church does etc. I am a smart person. It's airborne and you suck into your lungs. Plain and simple. The more people you are around and for longer, the more likely you are to get it. Doesn't matter if your pulling down statues or a presidential rally. proximity to humans and them breathing is the vector. Plain and Simple to my dumb mind.
    I am going to go with my preservation instinct, that staying the fuck away from people in closed air spaces like a half full restaurant is the way to go, I will wear my mask in big box environments like Costco or Sams etc. and I personal distancing is better than social distancing.
    You get to close to me on the river, I'll whip you with the end of a 9' 4wt rod.
    I've pretty much determined there will be no football, certainly no fans, probably no in-person school and we are pretty much past the point of no return and are headed towards the herd immunity line of thought.
    I was discussing this with my wife yesterday. I said, at this point, I see no hope in the US getting this under control without a vaccine/treatment. The only way this could possibly happen is with a super strict federal response, but that's just not in the cards.

"At least 1,335 people have tested positive from child care facilities in Texas, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported Monday, citing figures from Friday. Of those infected, 894 were staff members and 441 were children. The cases came from 883 child care facilities that are open in the state, DHHS said."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/healt...ies/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

In front of me is a middle-aged woman and her elderly mother. She goes into a long explanation to her mom about how the mask she has on her face (but under her chin), is her favorite. "It does this and has this and is the best one I've worn yet." It never came up over her chin. WTF.
    People who wear a mask on their chin need to be culled. Full stop.

WASHINGTON—Emphasizing the dire consequences should the sovereign nation remain in existence, NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci warned the public Tuesday of needless suffering and death if America were allowed to continue. “Let me be clear, if the United States of America persists into 2021, not only will many people die, but left unchecked, this federal republic will unleash untold destruction on the world,” said Fauci, adding that the North American country was already too far out of control, and that only way to stop the devastating effects of its spread was to eliminate it as quickly as possible. “Unfortunately, I can tell you that over the past hundreds of years, we’ve already witnessed the terrible, global consequences of the American experiment firsthand. While people may act prematurely and claim that the 325 million-person nation has been safely contained, believe me, this is just the beginning.” At press time, Fauci urged the public not to underestimate the nation as it had already killed too many people to count.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    <snip> we are pretty much past the point of no return and are headed towards the herd immunity line of thought.
    And there continues to be evidence that this may not be a thing. Which is concerning.

Steamboat has also kept the bike park closed, though you can still ride up. Some of the technical DH trails are blocked with signage but I've seen peeps riding down. Ironically, one can ride the gondola and eat on the rooftop deck, ride the mountain coaster, and play mini golf Thursdays through Sundays. They said keeping the DH park closed was to plan better for the fall, save some cash. I'm calling bullshit. Takes 2-3 ppl to run the stupid mountain coaster. Guaranteed they'd make more money renting bikes and selling lift tickets for the bike park, not to mention bike shop repairs and purchases. Basically they are open to cater to tourists. Same line of thought as this past fall/early winter, when they refused to open more terrain early in the season, even though it was skiable and the patrollers I talked to wanted to open more terrain, they waited to save it for when the flights started around Dec 15th, when the Texans started rolling in to town and they could advertise "More Terrain Opening! Earliest Opening Ever!! "... Screw Alterra. I guess it's only karma that the earliest opening of the gondy in decades also finished with the earliest closing ever.

Silver lining I guess is that the Pioneer expansion looks to be delayed thanks to Covid, at least thus far.

Looks like new White House talking point will be "we just have to live with it". Quitters.

Name:  61eeo1v158951.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  50.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Lol nope. Who woulda thought the movie Bubble Boy would turn out to be prophetic?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

@ncskier: agree with most of what you said, but regarding protests vs. church, outside vs. inside. It seems to make a big difference in transmission. No noticeable spike following the "I need to get my hair cut" protests a few weeks ago either.

Not really a lot of mask wearing way up narth to be quite honest but there are no active cases

down there i would be all over the mask

I do observe the 6 ft distance and its way easier when there aren't many people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Linsey marr’s twitter page has a lot of useful and up to date information about transmission and what is currently understood: https://mobile.twitter.com/linseymar...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    @ncskier: agree with most of what you said, but regarding protests vs. church, outside vs. inside. It seems to make a big difference in transmission. No noticeable spike following the "I need to get my hair cut" protests a few weeks ago either.
    Yup. Recirculating air and close proximity inside for 10 mins or more seems to be what the virus likes. Covid just wants to have fun!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My wife got a positive antibody test today. I had Covid like symptoms in late-December, she had a bad sore throat in mid-March, and she had something very similar to Covid toes in May. So who knows...

Still so surreal to me when I go out and see everyone wearing facemasks. What a freaky weird time we are living in at the moment.

Okay... everyone but the freaky weird couple strutting maskless through HD with smirks in their faces. They look like they just crawled out of their bunker. You can tell they are repeating the word "sheep" over and over again in their heads.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You have to pretty damn fit to be a Broadway actor. Performing one show is like running a marathon.
    Hmmmm... No.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Okay....another group of non-maskers. Three Russians standing next to me babbling in their native tounge.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

My local park was swarmed by some Russian soccer match yesterday and all their friends and families. Not one mask.

I left.

Also those Russians harassing the black family on the beach in Newport Oregon.

http://komonews.com/news/local/polic...y-at-ore-beach

Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My local park was swarmed by some Russian soccer match yesterday and all their friends and families. Not one mask.

I left.

Also those Russians harassing the black family on the beach in Newport Oregon.

Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They are having a time. Standing there not SDing, laughing and yucking it up like they were at a party. Been standing there for a good 20 mins ( I'm waiting on an order).

Almost 50k new cases in Florida over the past 5 days. And no sign of any responsible action by the governor.

At it’s worst, was NY at around 10k a day?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    babbling in their native tounge.
    That's a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's a problem?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Almost 50k new cases in Florida over the past 5 days. And no sign of any responsible action by the governor.

At it’s worst, was NY at around 10k a day?
    What's amazing about this is that most layman thought, fuck, warm weather, at least the virus going dormant. And I thought that Florida starting slow may have been proof of that, since March is start of summer there. Well, here we are at the most godawful hottest time there (I lived there for a few years, it's unreal in summer) and this thing is just going off big time.