Page 824 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 ... LastLast
Results 20,576 to 20,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i put an apple in with the kiwi fruit and the Avocado cuz they off gas ethylene that makes the ripen

other wise i have zero idea what you are getting at
    I was kind of giving Canadian produce some shit for no discernible reason other than that I thought it might provoke a response, if you get right down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I work for several hotels (4 star)
    Out of how many?

When all is said and done, Trump will be remembered as the "Pandemic President"

Name:  Kevin_Necessary_Editorial_Cartoons_by_Kevin_Necessary_for_June_16_2020_GoComics.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  167.7 KB

Hang on Tulsa!

Judge rejects request to stop Tulsa Trump rally over coronavirus concerns
    Two Oklahoma groups had sued the Tulsa venue, alleging that the Saturday event would help spread the coronavirus.

“If ASM Global moves forward with the event without adequate review, planning, training, protective equipment, and safeguards, cases of COVID-19 — and the unavoidable attendant deaths — will rise,” the complaint said, referring to the venue management company.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-324004

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I dunno, I would venture to guess that most, if not all patients on vents are already getting high dose steroids, especially since the "cytokine storm" hypothesis gained currency, and this was still in the early days when the disease was still mostly confined to China. The dex study confirms that suspicion with data, which is valuable, but not sure if it moves the needle that much in terms of clinical practice.
    True, nothing really new here or unexpected. I doubt it is going to change treatment much as this is all already known. Makes good press through...working hard for new breakthroughs, blahs, blahs, blah.

If this is news to physicians, you all should start getting treated by vets instead.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was kind of giving Canadian produce some shit for no discernible reason other than that I thought it might provoke a response, if you get right down to it.
    You mean like Celine Dion?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    True, nothing really new here or unexpected. I doubt it is going to change treatment much as this is all already known. Makes good press through...working hard for new breakthroughs, blahs, blahs, blah.

If this is news to physicians, you all should start getting treated by vets instead.
    I have been treated by a vet and received excellent care at a great price - free

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You mean like Celine Dion?
    The Canadian version of Adele, really. Who is worse? Wait, that's not fair. Put another way, who is less completely awful?

yet
    XXX Has a scientist leading the crisis. Yankee stay home.

Guy I golf with bought a 72' boat. Had it delivered to Vancouver, BC. Took him 3 weeks and $$$ to book a captain with dual citizenship to deliver it to Seattle. 1st world problem.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

"I have a tiny dick and a huge boat, what should I do?"

He is on the short side. Retired career Navy submariner.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

retirement is just that same boring fucking life day after day,

get outa bed check TGR and the weather, and I have to live with the thot ... I could have/ should have lived larger than that?

and what is larger enyway ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

So what are the chances Florida, NC, Texas and AZ actually address the huge COVID case increase since reopening? Or do they stick their head in the sand and hope it disappears?

At this point, I think anyone traveling from those hotspots and CA should be forced to quarantine for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Or possibly more testing

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I knew I forgot something. Thanks.
    The graph in this article shows the percentage of positive tests falling as the total number of tests rises and the percent positive falls while the total number of positives stays about the same.. 2 ways to interpret. 1) the initial testing was focused on the likely positives and caught most of them, the increased testing has meant testing people who probably don't have the disease. 2) the initial testing missed a lot of cases. The percent of cases that are caught by testing has now increased, giving the false impression that the total number of cases is the same.
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ah, the ol fecal sneeze.

Keep your toothbrushes covered folks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Well just got the shitty news that my household is part of the antibody building group now. My 3 year old tested positive today and so far is an asymptomatic carrier.

After a few months of quarantine we finally decided the kids couldn’t stay locked down forever and let them go back to daycare a few days a week. They seemed to be taking good precautions, but yesterday we found out 3 of the teachers tested positive over the weekend. When I called the state they refused to test the kids because they had no symptoms. Pretty fucking absurd, but I just lied and said they had coughs. I figured I’d get tested too and was negative. The 3 year old was positive and we will hear on the 8 year old tomorrow. Fingers crossed that none of us have severe symptoms, but I’m thinking the next few weeks are gonna be stressful.
    What state? That's bullshit. The whole point of test and trace is find the asymptomatic/presymptomatic cases and quarantine them before they spread it. Good luck with your family.

Edit--bullshit on the state, not bullshit on you
    Last edited by old goat; 06-16-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Out of how many?
    Out of 5. Three 4 star and one 5 star.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So what are the chances Florida, NC, Texas and AZ actually address the huge COVID case increase since reopening? Or do they stick their head in the sand and hope it disappears?
    You can bet they'll do as little as possible until they absolutely have to...and that time may be coming quite soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sounds like you're saying we're already seeing the effect?
    In essence, yeah. I mean since high dose steroids are cheap and easy, and often considered standard in patients with ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome), I would be surprised if most critically ill patients worldwide with SARS CoV2 DON'T get hit with at least a slug of 'em. At least based anecdotally on our institutional experience.

So high dose steroids like dex are baked into the death statistics already, and likely have been for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    It’s a fascinating sociological perspective when you encounter someone who claims nothing has changed and there is no crisis.
    Not so fascinating when you have a buncha rightwing trolls endlessly and mindlessly chanting "It's no worse than the flu" on teh TRGs. Wouldn't it be great if deeb or rod or the dipshit wanker could be compelled to volunteer as orderlies on a COVID19 ward for a week or so and see if they still feel the same afterwards. But they're just fucking cowards is all, all interwebz puffery and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    retirement is just that same boring fucking life day after day,

get outa bed check TGR and the weather, and I have to live with the thot ...
    Not so bad if the thot is hot.

Cause for celebration!
    10000 new cases in FL alone last week!
    Bust out the champagne!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Prelimary results from a database of 1,100 Covid-19 superspreading events from around the world:

Nearly all SSEs in the database — more than 97% — took place indoors

The great majority of SSEs happened during flu season in that location

The vast majority took place in settings where people were essentially confined together, indoors, for a prolonged period (for example, nursing homes, prisons, cruise ships, worker housing)

Processing plants where temperatures are kept very low (especially meat processing plants) seem particularly vulnerable to SSEs

https://medium.com/@codecodekoen/cov...e-4c0a7aa2342b

Wonder if Drumpf rallies fulla screaming MAGA-ites fits the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

At this point, I think anyone traveling from those hotspots and CA should be forced to quarantine for 14 days.
    AZ is the worst. Assume 1% of population as an arbitrary threshold for when things get interesting (several states are at this level, NY and NJ close to 2%). AZ has 2-3 weeks before they get there, less if cases accelerate, more if they slow. FL, NC, TX all have a month, maybe more.

There's plenty of time to change course, and even some time to wait to see what happens. Actually, given the delay between infection and diagnosed case, AZ doesn't have much time to act. A reasonable number for the delay is 2 weeks. Now would be a prudent time to change course. Or hope and pray, that sometimes works.

alias_rice - wishing your family good health

Saw media report (was it here?) that parts of AZ will have hospital problems soon because of existing icu use, pointing at elective surgeries.

PBS tonight--interview with UN virologist Dr. Peter Piot, discoverer of Ebola, showed that HIV was what was killing a lot of people in Africa, "We can't close society forever, because we will get so poor there will be nothing to fight the epidemic. On the other hand, if this epidemic is not under control we simply can't restart the economy at full speed. So as societies we will have to learn to live with Covid-19, and with a certain risk that we accept or not."

Interesting perspective for a virologist, especially since he survived Covid-19, hospitalized twice, nearly had to be intubated. Thought he was going to die.

That guy was fascinating. Glad he’s still around. More like him please