Page 1561 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 ... LastLast
Results 39,001 to 39,025 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Omincron is ending this pandemic. Instead of celebrating, you guys are still acting like fucking losers. 500 staff out at Maine medical center with covid, all vaccinated. Maine and N.H. have just peaked. School closed on Friday, not enough staff. The local hospital has just 2 people hospitalized with covid. All you guys triple masking are just preventing herd immunity, if you would stop being bitches it would be over. If you would start thinking about over people instead of yourselves for a change it would be over. Your triple vaxxed, your protected, drop the mask, take a deep breath and let’s end this. 🤣
    When this ends it won’t be the actions of the vocal 5% that got us through it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2022-01-19/

All corona virus eventually turn into just colds. It’s happening. Accept it, we’re going to be alright. Natural immunity is going to get us to herd immunity. It’s ok to evolve in your thinking. The vaccine did its job, but at this point people’s vax status really isn’t important. Time to move on

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2022-01-19/

All corona virus eventually turn into just colds. It’s happening. Accept it, we’re going to be alright. Natural immunity is going to get us to herd immunity. It’s ok to evolve in your thinking. The vaccine did its job, but at this point people’s vax status really isn’t important. Time to move on
    No, vax status is important. The vaxxed aren't dying or getting seriously sick.
    And vax slows and stops the spread.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 01-24-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Let me introduce you to the BA.2 sub variant, just arrived to WA.

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...-officials-say

This is fun
    It doesn't have a doomy-sounding Greek name, don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

A recent survey of 50,000 Omicron cases had zero deaths. Average hospital stay was 48 hours
    source? Because right now according to the CDC the US is averaging 2000 deaths/day and 99.5% of cases are omicron.
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#nowcasting
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ds_dailydeaths

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    source? Because right now according to the CDC the US is averaging 2000 deaths/day and 99.5% of cases are omicron.
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#nowcasting
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ds_dailydeaths
    What are they dying of? Are hospitals recording other deaths as Covid? I also read that 45 percent of supposed Covid admissions are just other issues that brought them into hospitals, and, poof, positive test. Shit, I'll bet I'm positive right now, along with everyone else that's been socializing. You do know that our profit driven hospital industry can make more money by billing for Covid related issues, right? I mean, they would never commit fraud like that, would they?

The source is that long podcast I posted above.

Yup ^^ it has slowed a bit but worldometer has just hit 891K American deaths and I think we will be > 900K within a week
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Omincron is ending this pandemic.
    I see you still haven't learned how to spell "omicron."

What are they dying of? Are hospitals recording other deaths as Covid? I also read that 45 percent of supposed Covid admissions are just other issues that brought them into hospitals, and, poof, positive test. Shit, I'll bet I'm positive right now, along with everyone else that's been socializing. You do know that our profit driven hospital industry can make more money by billing for Covid related issues, right? I mean, they would never commit fraud like that, would they?

Quoted for overwhelming stupidity.

Ok Karen. Have another glass of white wine with the Xanax.

They're dying of covid--these are deaths reported to health departments as due to covid. I can't believe that this far into the pandemic you're repeating the BS that all these deaths claimed to be covid are due to something else.**

As far as the profit motive to falsely claim covid as the cause of death--that's insurance, medicaid, or medcare fraud with huge fines for the hospital and any doctor who falsifies a medical record or death certificate.That's not how billing works--with private insurance and medicaid the charge is itemized by the care given, not the diagnosis. For Medicare, regardless of the diagnosis, someone who dies of pneumonia, or covid, or influenza is going to be billed as an outlier, again based on the length of hospitalization and the care given. In addition, a doctor who gets caught doing that will likely lose their license and there is no financial incentive for a doctor to do that--doctors aren't paid by diagnosis.

As far as the 45% figure--with omicron that percentage may be low, as I've posted a couple of times. But someone admitted for some other reason who tests positive for covid is not recorded as a covid admission--it's listed as a secondary diagnosis, like their high blood pressure. That's not the way medical records, medical coding, and medical billing works.

A podcast is not a source. And you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about. Being an over-the-top skeptic doesn't qualify you to be knowledgeable about anything. AFAIC you're posting dangerous misinformation.

**Actually, I can.

A podcast is not a source. And you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about. Being an over-the-top skeptic doesn't qualify you to be knowledgeable about anything.
    Well said. It seems like Benny (and many others) are just getting dumber as time goes on. What happened to rational thought?

They're dying of covid--these are deaths reported to health departments as due to covid. I can't believe that this far into the pandemic you're repeating the BS that all these deaths claimed to be covid are due to something else.**

As far as the profit motive to falsely claim covid as the cause of death--that's insurance, medicaid, or medcare fraud with huge fines for the hospital and any doctor who falsifies a medical record or death certificate.That's not how billing works--with private insurance and medicaid the charge is itemized by the care given, not the diagnosis. For Medicare, regardless of the diagnosis, someone who dies of pneumonia, or covid, or influenza is going to be billed as an outlier, again based on the length of hospitalization and the care given. In addition, a doctor who gets caught doing that will likely lose their license and there is no financial incentive for a doctor to do that--doctors aren't paid by diagnosis.

As far as the 45% figure--with omicron that percentage may be low, as I've posted a couple of times. But someone admitted for some other reason who tests positive for covid is not recorded as a covid admission--it's listed as a secondary diagnosis, like their high blood pressure. That's not the way medical records, medical coding, and medical billing works.

A podcast is not a source. And you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about. Being an over-the-top skeptic doesn't qualify you to be knowledgeable about anything. AFAIC you're posting dangerous misinformation.

**Actually, I can.
    The podcast is a source. You're too lazy to listen. There are some credentialed, smart people laying out scientific fact. But, yeah, everyone's an expert. Everyone's a doctor.

I am a skeptic of the politically driven and ever changing CDC guidelines. Its absurd. Two years into this and we're still arguing about the right mask. They haven't even done proper mask studies. Remember the disinfecting kabuki theater that you still see people doing? Its spread in the air, not on surfaces. But, dont touch that!

Fuck it. I'm triple vaxxed, on top of probably having it in 3/20, and maybe getting a nice final wash right now with Omicron. I just traveled across the country to ski, and I feel fine. Although I had to do stupid shit like wear a mask into a crowded bar, sit there for an hour eating and drinking shoulder to shoulder, and then mask up to leave. Idiotic.
    It's really sad to see what we're doing to kids in school, and, well, life, with all this fear. They have like a .0000whatever chance of getting seriously sick, but we've taken their sports and all sorts of basic maturing experiences from them and given them fear and anxiety that will last years.This country is so fucked.

Are you still cowering in fear at home?

No Benny, a podcast is not a source. And you're right, I have better things to do with my abundant free time than to listen to it. It is conceivable to me that you could collect 50,000 cases with no deaths, depending on how and where you collected the cases and what were the characteristics--age, vaccination status, etc of the population. That's why looking at an actual scientific paper--to look at the methods section as well as the results is critical in understanding a "fact" like that.

Yeah, a lot of the covid stuff is stupid--masking to enter and leave a sit-down restaurant being a good example. I agree kids should be in school. I'd let them play sports. But for you to imply that people don't die from omicron is just plain irresponsible.

The podcast is a source. You're too lazy to listen. There are some credentialed, smart people laying out scientific fact. But, yeah, everyone's an expert. Everyone's a doctor.

I am a skeptic of the politically driven and ever changing CDC guidelines. Its absurd. Two years into this and we're still arguing about the right mask. They haven't even done proper mask studies. Remember the disinfecting kabuki theater that you still see people doing? Its spread in the air, not on surfaces. But, dont touch that!

Fuck it. I'm triple vaxxed, on top of probably having it in 3/20, and maybe getting a nice final wash right now with Omicron. I just traveled across the country to ski, and I feel fine. Although I had to do stupid shit like wear a mask into a crowded bar, sit there for an hour eating and drinking shoulder to shoulder, and then mask up to leave. Idiotic.
    It's really sad to see what we're doing to kids in school, and, well, life, with all this fear. They have like a .0000whatever chance of getting seriously sick, but we've taken their sports and all sorts of basic maturing experiences from them and given them fear and anxiety that will last years.This country is so fucked.

Are you still cowering in fear at home?
    Dr. OG properly smacks your podcast level bullshit down - so you pivot to masks and "won't someone think of the kids".

What made you decide that today was the day you were going to come in here and regurgitate every stupid theory and fake news headline ever made about covid?

Also this: "I just traveled across the country to ski, and I feel fine" is great evidence than you are right about everything. Kudos.

Jesus, Benny is going full dumbass here.

No Benny, a podcast is not a source. And you're right, I have better things to do with my abundant free time than to listen to it. It is conceivable to me that you could collect 50,000 cases with no deaths, depending on how and where you collected the cases and what were the characteristics--age, vaccination status, etc of the population. That's why looking at an actual scientific paper--to look at the methods section as well as the results is critical in understanding a "fact" like that.

Yeah, a lot of the covid stuff is stupid--masking to enter and leave a sit-down restaurant being a good example. I agree kids should be in school. I'd let them play sports. But for you to imply that people don't die from omicron is just plain irresponsible.
    Bullshit. Omicron is already over in South Africa, and it's falling off the spike dramatically in the hot spots where it first landed here. It's the fucking common cold at this point. It's not killing anybody but the most fragile, and that's probably lingering Delta. The un vaxxed, I mean. I am not an anti vaxxer. I mean, fuck those people.

Ok, then, you find me proof that Omicron is killing people in decent numbers. I'll be right here. Doubt you'll find anything, because, from what I've heard from various sources, it ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Dr. OG properly smacks your podcast level bullshit down - so you pivot to masks and "won't someone think of the kids".

What made you decide that today was the day you were going to come in here and regurgitate every stupid theory and fake news headline ever made about covid?

Also this: "I just traveled across the country to ski, and I feel fine" is great evidence than you are right about everything. Kudos.
    Take more Xanax, Karen. And go suck your fucking thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Jesus, Benny is going full dumbass here.
    How so?

Why is this "debate" always this? Why aren't people mulling facts?

But, you'll probably come back with high school mumblings again.

Bullshit. Omicron is already over in South Africa, and it's falling off the spike dramatically in the hot spots where it first landed here. It's the fucking common cold at this point. It's not killing anybody but the most fragile, and that's probably lingering Delta.

Ok, then, you find me proof that Omicron is killing people in decent numbers. I'll be right here. Doubt you'll find anything, because, from what I've heard from various sources, it ain't.
    Sure, over in south Africa, and very few deaths there, but probably it's because mean age there is very low, compared to the us and Europe.

People are dying from omicron

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

How many? What age groups? Comorbidities? And, of course, vaxxed or unvaxxed?

Well, omicron is by far dominant in the us, and people are dying. Clearly older people die more than younger ones just look at veterans administration and us army, similar number of cases, but way more deaths at va.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

How so?

Why is this "debate" always this? Why aren't people mulling facts?

Because you continuously post bullshit such as (but not limited to) “they’re calling it covid cause they get paid more!”

and then you list your source as a podcast 😆

and then when a doctor takes the time to explain how wrong you are (despite how sure you were) you fail to say “my bad” or do any reflection…

instead you move the goalposts (masks - what are they good for?), throw out a personal anecdote as evidence (look at me! I ski and I’m fine), call it “just a cold”, and hurl insults (after earlier today lecturing us that insults will get us nowhere).

the icing on the cake is your reply is now asking “why won’t anyone just stick to facts!”

2,000+ deaths in the US today - fact - you sure none are from omicron? You’re wanting to know if those were unvaxxed people - yeah the ones taking up all the hospital resources and ICU beds - which I was complaining about earlier and you took issue with that complaining…

Congrats - you got there - you just took a very long alcohol-fueled trip through alternativefacts-ville just to arrive where the rest of us started.

Someday you're going to stroke out typing all that rage.

Bless that piggy’s heart!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums