Page 1383 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 ... LastLast
Results 34,551 to 34,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

The reality is that a lot of people are not scared of what other people think of them.
    FIFY

That's true. But, also a lot of people are on the other side too. Many people are wearing masks just to fit in and because they don't want to be "that guy" not wearing a mask.

For the record, I've got no problem wearing a mask at the office, in stores, indoors wherever. Or wherever it is required. I'm just increasingly starting to find it rediculous to see people still wearing masks when they are completely isolated (in atmosphere and proximity) from other human beings.

I don't think this is good for society.

sure - the number of people doing that is greater than zero. But how do you know which are which? And how important is it to know?

And most importantly- who cares?

lol, at triggered. Look in the mirror dude. You're the one hot and bothered by what a stranger is wearing outside in a supposedly free county.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    sure - the number of people doing that is greater than zero. But how do you know which are which? And how important is it to know?

And most importantly- who cares?
    I think in high-level terms, we need to take steps to follow science for public health, and science does not say this virus transmits via surfaces, science does not say that this virus is likely to (and probably most) transmit in open air, especially when far away from other humans.

In high-level terms, people should care to 'return to normal' in some sense, and people should care that if we are not practical about public health, we'll end up with a society full of germaphobes who are afraid of everything.
    Last edited by Hott Butt Mud; 04-18-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    lol, at triggered. Look in the mirror dude. You're the one hot and bothered by what a stranger is wearing outside in a supposedly free county.
    Fuck yeah! I'm triggered now. Letting it all out.

Who knew all these people on TGR like to take long walks on the beach with their KN95s on?

I haven't been bothered by masks really at all until lately. I'm starting to get pissed off at the sight of people walking around outdoors (by themselves or clearly with a SO) wearing a mask and far away from any other human. STUPID AS FUCK!!
    Or driving alone.

I think in high-level terms, we need to take steps to follow science for public health, and science does not say this virus transmits via surfaces, science does not say that this virus (and probably most) can't transmit in open air when especially when far away from other humans.

In high-level terms, people should care to 'return to normal' in some sense and people should care that if we do not be practical about public health, we'll end up with a society full of germaphobes who are afraid of everything.
    Yup

I think in high-level terms, we need to take steps to follow science for public health, and science does not say this virus transmits via surfaces, science does not say that this virus (and probably most) can't transmit in open air when especially when far away from other humans.

In high-level terms, people should care to 'return to normal' in some sense and people should care that if we do not be practical about public health, we'll end up with a society full of germaphobes who are afraid of everything.
    I get what you’re saying. And when I talk about not wanting to always be touching my mask when taking it on and off it’s not just about covid - I’m more likely to get a cold virus from my hands doing that. This is the first winter in a long time that I haven’t had a cold. That’s partly due to mask wearing but also due to physical distancing and better hand hygiene.

Asian countries - even the ones without bad air pollution problems - have an acceptance of mask wearing in public (not mandated - just by choice). I suspect that we will see an increased acceptance of mask wearing post pandemic. And hopefully the attention to hand hygiene will stay.

I’m all for a balanced and reasonable approach once we ease out of this current mess.

science does not say that this virus (and probably most) can't transmit in open air
    True. I mean, it's pretty unlikely, but you're right, science doesn't say it can't happen.

You posted about a problem you're having and people are trying to help you with it. Is that a problem for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Or driving alone.
    See my post above. I wear a mask when alone in the car sometimes. You’re the type of person to be triggered by that - bet you feel superior when you see it happening. I’m happy to 1) keep my hands off my mask and 2) provide ego boosts for people who are overly fixated on what others are doing. You’re welcome.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Who here will put on their ski gear below their waist in the morning, go ski, then run errands (auto parts, grocery, etc.), get home, do some mild home stuff like bring in the cans from down the street, prep skis for the next day, cook dinner, etc. and then change out of your ski pants because of simplicity of life? (Raises his hand) For me, that’s like wearing my mask in my car while running “quick” errands.

That said, I wear a mask for 9+ hours at the ski hill when working. After a hot spring day, I really want to get it off my face and I’ve been pulling it down more and more while skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    True. I mean, it's pretty unlikely, but you're right, science doesn't say it can't happen.

You posted about a problem you're having and people are trying to help you with it. Is that a problem for you?
    It is unlikely. Thank you for clarifying my post.

I'm shitposting/venting/trolling. Not a looking for help. Thanks brah.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    See my post above. I wear a mask when alone in the car sometimes. You’re the type of person to be triggered by that - bet you feel superior when you see it happening. I’m happy to 1) keep my hands off my mask and 2) provide ego boosts for people who are overly fixated on what others are doing. You’re welcome.
    I'm not triggered. I'm amused.

It is unlikely. Thank you for clarifying my post.

I'm shitposting/venting/trolling. Not a looking for help. Thanks brah.
    Of course. But this is the TRGs. Venting is always met with advice that won't be followed. You know it's what we do. So you expected this. Which is how we know your venting is really a cry for help. Hence the advice. Which we would be deeply disappointed if you followed because that would violate our social rules of engagement. So thanks for holding up your end in this matter.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vail.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	523.3 KB 
ID:	371961

Exhibit A. Photo evidence of the downfall of society. Vail closing day.

Prosecution rests.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Don’t go to Burlington (UVM) then.....it’s for real up there. Students have to double mask up there...on campus/off campus while in town. Crazy stuff....suspensions, expulsions aren’t going over well with the UVM community.

Obviously it depends on where u live....the mandates are so different. Example....school district and all extra curricular activities for staff, coaches and players are 100% masks at all times.....Then after my practice, the local little league softball and baseball teams comes to use the school district fields....and there is no mask mandate at all.....for anybody...lol.

So, it’s all so screwed up.....it’s why we’ll be in this hell for a long time.

Get the vaccine....and hope “someday” the powers that be will tell us everything is ok and we can go back to our preCovid lives.
    Curious if this was the administrations response after over a thousand students showed up a couple of weeks ago at North Beach not practicing social distancing and leaving the beach trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/h...ne-system.html

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting. Maybe Benny can learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. That will always be an issue, covid or not, so, the rest of society should alter behavior to accommodate them forever?
    Forever, no. Quite possibly beyond September. Wear a mask to help keep a fellow human being from dying--is that such a huge ask? And as far as social distancing goes--afaik that can go on forever, at least as far as waiting in lift lines go. It's been a pleasure not having people skiing on my skis this winter. They can fill the chairs though.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    No, but we should continue to abide by standard COVID protocols (masking, not going out to eat/drink, not traveling, etc) until a significantly greater portion of the population is fully vaccinated than is currently. The people for whom the vaccine isn't effective are protected by herd immunity (or something close to it).
    Thank you for saying it so I don't have to.
    I haven't been bothered by masks really at all until lately. I'm starting to get pissed off at the sight of people walking around outdoors (by themselves or clearly with a SO) wearing a mask and far away from any other human. STUPID AS FUCK!!
    Lady on an SUP by herself in the middle of Donner Lake with a mask on on a windy day. I can only thank someone like that for giving me a much needed laugh for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Lady on an SUP by herself in the middle of Donner Lake with a mask on on a windy day. I can only thank someone like that for giving me a much needed laugh for the day.
    Now you are officially a cranky get off my lawn old man. An anti masker on FB thought he would annoy me by saying he was in his truck at the bike park and that wasn't wearing a mask when he sneezed into his windshield. That amused me.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Now you are officially a cranky get off my lawn old man with Benny and me. An anti masker on FB thought he would annoy me by saying he was in his truck at the bike park and not wearing a mask when he sneezed into his windshield. That amused me.

Thanks for posting. Maybe Benny can learn something.

Forever, no. Quite possibly beyond September. Wear a mask to help keep a fellow human being from dying--is that such a huge ask? And as far as social distancing goes--afaik that can go on forever, at least as far as waiting in lift lines go. It's been a pleasure not having people skiing on my skis this winter. They can fill the chairs though.

Thank you for saying it so I don't have to.

This^
    Every time I see someone alone in a car or walking with a mask on I chuckle. Getting wound up over it is stoopid

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Now you are officially a cranky get off my lawn old man with Benny and me. An anti masker on FB thought he would annoy me by saying he was in his truck at the bike park and not wearing a mask when he sneezed into his windshield. That amused me.
    Oh I'm a cranky old man alright--but not about that. Just amused. BTW--did you notice you posted the same thing twice. And better check that your fly is zipped up. : -- )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vail.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	523.3 KB 
ID:	371961

Exhibit A. Photo evidence of the downfall of society. Vail closing day.

Prosecution rests.
    Who were those cops trying to kill? There aren't any black people at Vail.

Oh I'm a cranky old man alright--but not about that. Just amused. BTW--did you notice you posted the same thing twice. And better check that your fly is zipped up. : -- )
    The front of the shirt you wear at breakfast has food stains. Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    This^
    Every time I see someone alone in a car or walking with a mask on I chuckle. Getting wound up over it is stoopid
    I’m driving 3 blocks between stops. I don’t want to touch my mask repeatedly. Is it that hard to understand that a person might just leave their mask on despite being alone in the vehicle? You’re laughing/amused because you think it’s dumb and misguided. I disagree. I’m amused you guys get amused by stuff like this.