Page 1583 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 ... LastLast
Results 39,551 to 39,575 of 41810
    Yeah I get that. But it’s suspicious that something is leading to that different an outcome. Is it truly their vitamin D level or is that just a marker of outdoor time meaning that person leads a more active life?

It just seems like a cheap easy step to take during winter months - maybe my levels were already normal and I’m wasting 5 cents a day. Maybe if I have low vitamin D level I do worse with covid because of other factors like I don’t go outside and exercise in the sun. But for 5 cents a day I’ll include it in my approach - amongst other things like vaccinations, masks, distancing, sleep, exercise etc

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It just seems like a cheap easy step to take during winter months
    Easy to say for those not living in the extreme north or the Pacific Northwest

[yes I know you can take vitamin D pills, but that ruins the joke]

Yeah I get that. But it’s suspicious that something is leading to that different an outcome. Is it truly their vitamin D level or is that just a marker of outdoor time meaning that person leads a more active life?

It just seems like a cheap easy step to take during winter months - maybe my levels were already normal and I’m wasting 5 cents a day. Maybe if I have low vitamin D level I do worse with covid because of other factors like I don’t go outside and exercise in the sun. But for 5 cents a day I’ll include it in my approach - amongst other things like vaccinations, masks, distancing, sleep, exercise etc
    Cheap, easy, safe--as long as someone doesn't decide it makes you immune to covid. Fortunately, the Ivermectin crowd doesn't seem to have caught wind of Vit D.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Oh sure, trotting out the old correlation doesn’t equal causation bull shit…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did you see that study of car crashes?

Cars with airbag deployments (less than 20 ng/mL) were 14 times more likely to have severe or critical damage than those with more than 40 ng/mL.

Strikingly, total losses among cars with intact airbags was 2.3%, in contrast to 25.6% in the airbag deployment group.

Dunno boutchu, but I'm disabling my airbags now. Why risk totaling my car?

And that's the problem with this type of study. High risk of false conclusions. The supplement industry is riddled with these. Anyway, my doctor fell for it, my vitamin D levels are supplemented and high. I haven't had even a sniffle in two years. So it works!

oh yeah - big vitamin is behind it

oh yeah - big vitamin is behind it
    I thought it was the bleach and flashlight industries.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I thought it was the bleach and flashlight industries.
    Anal bleach and Fleshlight

hey, we hit 900k

good job, everyone!

I rode a chair today with a triple vaxxed troller who got rat flu and had some rough times. She sounded rather verclempt about it. I would be too. Clueless unvaxxed monkey wrenching the rest of us 2 years in...

Should get to 1 mil this Spring!

Didn't some model say we were going to be at 2M by the end of 2020? So I'd say we're winning big time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Didn't some model say we were going to be at 2M by the end of 2020? So I'd say we're winning big time.
    That's probably not that far off where we'd be with no effective vaccines. Seriously, is it fair to say that vaccines have cut deaths in half of what they'd have been without vaccines over the past 9 months since they became widely available to everyone over 16, and now 21, soon to be 5?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    At the beginning of the pandemic, on the Diamond Princess Cruise, they tested every single person (so captured all asymptomatic people) and found an infection fatality of 1.3%. The general belief that the do nothing let it rip result would be 1% of Earth killed. So 1 million dead in the US doesn't sound so bad (would be 3.3 million if 1% were killed).

[QUOTE=altasnob;6535407]. So 1 million dead in the US doesn't sound so bad (would be 3.3 million if 1% were killed).[/QUOTE

Only someone with a sick mind would say that IMO. Take a lap.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    At the beginning of the pandemic, on the Diamond Princess Cruise, they tested every single person (so captured all asymptomatic people) and found an infection fatality of 1.3%. The general belief that the do nothing let it rip result would be 1% of Earth killed. So 1 million dead in the US doesn't sound so bad (would be 3.3 million if 1% were killed).
    Do you know that Bullshit isn’t constitutionally entitled to a legal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644081724.425072.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	404546

Pretty clear that the vaccines have saved at least hundreds of thousands in this country alone.

yeah (yes), it was more than ThreeM dead in USofA without vaccination -

we were under 400,000 when vaccination became widely available
    ( I believe the count was actually well-under 400G in March of 2021 ).

Delta, deaths associated with omicron, still primarily in Unvaccinated.

2000 dying weekly with covid...

yes, the model was without vaccination, more than 3M would die from covid.

thanks... skiJ

[QUOTE=wooley12;6535421]
    . So 1 million dead in the US doesn't sound so bad (would be 3.3 million if 1% were killed).[/QUOTE

Only someone with a sick mind would say that IMO. Take a lap.
    And another lap for ZERO mention of the long term complications and healthcare system shitshow would be even worse, a lot worse..

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Should get to 1 mil this Spring!
    I said this in December
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It'll be over a million by the fourth of july.
    Going to revise that to easter.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

And another lap for ZERO mention of the long term complications and healthcare system shitshow would be even worse, a lot worse..
    You guys are reading my comment wrong (no surprise there). It's simply putting context in the 1 million dead. If at the beginning everyone thought over 3 million would die, and we only end up with a million, is that good or bad thing? Is it a glass half full or half empty? Of course the vaccine and therapeutics have been a monumental success. So one could argue how we handled this pandemic, from a lives lost perspective, has been a success.

Of course, what really matters is excess deaths. And we look at that number on per capita basis, it is once again the global poor who have truly been shit on during this pandemic:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...deaths-tracker

You guys are reading my comment wrong (no surprise there). It's simply putting context in the 1 million dead. If at the beginning everyone thought over 3 million would die, and we only end up with a million, is that good or bad thing? Is it a glass half full or half empty? Of course the vaccine and therapeutics have been a monumental success. So one could argue how we handled this pandemic, from a lives lost perspective, has been a success.

Of course, what really matters is excess deaths. And we look at that number on per capita basis, it is once again the global poor who have truly been shit on during this pandemic:

Well according to this, the USA is beating Mexico and a bunch of other "poor" countries on deaths per million. Pretty sure that suggests that it's stupidity more than poverty that is driving these excess deaths.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

You guys are reading my comment wrong (no surprise there).
    This a you problem, not a we problem.

Especially at a time we have so many old people who are in such bad health.

' You guys are reading my post wrong ... '

' So one could argue how we handled this pandemic, from a lives lost perspective, has been a success. '

" Riiiiight... "

skiJ