Page 899 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 ... LastLast
Results 22,451 to 22,475 of 41810
    do we expect anything else out of Florida?
    My friends there call him Gov Deathsentance
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

forget the attachment her derr

Name:  FB_IMG_1594428078778.jpeg
Views: 403
Size:  62.1 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

As the husband of a teacher I dont think anyone is listening.Name:  FB_IMG_1594428406246.jpeg
Views: 399
Size:  86.3 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Juez Garzon retired quite a few years ago. It’s the whole of the Republican Party that should be indicted. They’re a serious danger to the whole planet. But half of the mongoloids in this country will continue to vote for them so the rich can pay less taxes.
    If by mongoloids you mean people with Down Syndrome, expect most of them are too smart to vote Republican. (Probably a term you want to stop using btw.)

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    As the husband of a teacher I dont think anyone is listening.Name:  FB_IMG_1594428406246.jpeg
    Oh boy.....the soapbox guys are gonna have fun with this one...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Juez Garzon retired quite a few years ago. It’s the whole of the Republican Party that should be indicted. They’re a serious danger to the whole planet. But half of the mongoloids in this country will continue to vote for them so the rich can pay less taxes.
    Funny...that is exactly how many people feel about the Dems.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Yep, alongside of their unofficial "baby sitter" title, they can now put "sacrificial lambs" on their resume. My wife is a teacher, and they have absolutely no say in what's going on. It's fucked up. They let kids go back to school in person, and we're going to see shit hit the fan 10 times over.

71k cases in the US today. Fuuuuuuk.

i am also very close to a teachers union rep and the S word is starting to come out on lots of conversations. Historically, at least in Utarrrr, the teachers union is super weak. They definately aren't pushing back on the school district from what I can tell. WTF is the purpose of a union if they allow the employer to force unsafe work conditions?

I am currently sitting at a dinner party 4 PC Brewery Belgian Whites deep and socially distanced from 3 very pissed off teachers who are starting to get buzzed. Giddyap!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Colorado cases just hit their 3rd highest daily count yet - 6 days after July 4th.

Just like our Powder the Covids are better here, 867 cases here today, breaking another record! We’re gonna surf the curve into no ski season!

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Colorado cases just hit their 3rd highest daily count yet - 6 days after July 4th.
    Where did you see that? I see July 8th at 452, which is high... but nowhere near the 3rd highest day. More like 15th.

Yep, glad the wife isn't a teacher anymore. 180 kids/day, 5 days a week. No way she wouldn't get sick, which means I'd get sick too.

Just submitted a real estate offer for a client. The other agent had it back in March, almost went on a ventilator. 50-55, ex-patroller, fit dude. Says his lungs still burn, and are maybe 80% of normal. But remember kids, it's "just the flu".

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Where did you see that? I see July 8th at 452, which is high... but nowhere near the 3rd highest day. More like 15th.
    Graph on this page. https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...b-c7e00c35d0b9

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If by mongoloids you mean people with Down Syndrome, expect most of them are too smart to vote Republican. (Probably a term you want to stop using btw.)
    Mom worked in esd growing up. Would never bash the mentally challenged. I specifically used that word because trump supporters are that bad. Actually they’re worse. You can see the hate and ugliness that resides in their soul. Fuck Trump and if you’re a trump supporter you’re a mongoloid asshole! (That for steep and dB). However if steep can get me some huevos a la campesina from cafe Siena in Eugene I’ll only kick him in the balls instead of sick my dogs in on his tiny marbles.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Just like our Powder the Covids are better here, 867 cases here today, breaking another record! We’re gonna surf the curve into no ski season!
    shut your whore mouth (but it doesn't look good with deploreables fucking it up for everyone)

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Worldometer has us at 666 reported today.

Been going up steady from 120 a day a few weeks ago. Ugh.

Coupled with the rush to open schoolst, the other night the news reported that 60% of parents surveyed had no idea how they were going to keep kids occupied this summer due to camps being closed.

Not having kids, I don't have a dog in this fight but I am continually dismayed at this idea that things must remain the same. Isn't this a prime opportunity to teach children how to roll with adversity and learn how to shoulder some responsibility within the family? To show them that things sometimes change and new work arounds need to be developed as a part of a bigger picture?

Somehow prior generations of kids managed to get through summer vacation playing in their yard or the local park and there was a time when kids would be pulled out of school to work on family farms. Things don't need to be cookie cutter.

I really don't see how being out of school while we work through this pandemic is going to indelibly scar children. They are adaptable and resilient. There is time to make this up when there is less risk (and stress) for all.

But of course there are exceptions for special needs children but again.... work arounds.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Coupled with the rush to open schoolst, the other night the news reported that 60% of parents surveyed had no idea how they were going to keep kids occupied this summer due to camps being closed.

Not having kids, I don't have a dog in this fight but I am continually dismayed at this idea that things must remain the same. Isn't this a prime opportunity to teach children how to roll with adversity and learn how to shoulder some responsibility within the family? To show them that things sometimes change and new work arounds need to be developed as a part of a bigger picture?

Somehow prior generations of kids managed to get through summer vacation playing in their yard or the local park and there was a time when kids would be pulled out of school to work on family farms. Things don't need to be cookie cutter.

I really don't see how being out of school while we work through this pandemic is going to indelibly scar children. They are adaptable and resilient. There is time to make this up when there is less risk (and stress) for all.

But of course there are exceptions for special needs children but again.... work arounds.
    My 8yo has been training for this his whole life, kid is a definite homebody. He’s thrilled to stay at home with Mom every day, my wife did a good job making sure he did his on-line homework once our school system adapted when this hit.

He likes seeing his friends and all but he’s perfectly fine riding this out. We’re headed to the West Desert on Sunday, gonna dig some trilobites. Not all learning is done in school.

Well, we've got the two least exposed grandkids coming tomorrow for a few days. Their parents are on board with masks. No interacting with other kids. They seemed real happy for the break. The Boys from Tacoma, 8 & 10, have become more serious and less silly. Jeep rides with the top down. Bike rides to the candy store. I'll fix that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

My 8yo has been training for this his whole life, kid is a definite homebody. He’s thrilled to stay at home with Mom every day, my wife did a good job making sure he did his on-line homework once our school system adapted when this hit.

He likes seeing his friends and all but he’s perfectly fine riding this out. We’re headed to the West Desert on Sunday, gonna dig some trilobites. Not all learning is done in school.
    Man I would have been in heaven. I really hated every minute of school, all the way through, to a ridiculous degree. Hated it. If it had just stopped? Man.

Exactly! Seems kids are so overscheduled these days. This is a great opportunity to cultivate some introspection, spark some imagination, learn a new craft or life skill like sewing, knitting. Plarn weaving etc, learn a new language or to sign, learn a strategy game like chess, backgammon or bridge, explore the botany of your yard. All of which incorporate critical thinking and planning as well as sharpen attention to detail and concentration.

Schools could allow children to submit an idea/proposal and then report on it for credit and in the process develop yet another life skill.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Man I would have been in heaven. I really hated every minute of school, all the way through, to a ridiculous degree. Hated it. If it had just stopped? Man.
    Same here. Heck just going to PE made me sick to my stomach from nerves on a regular basis. Group sports are the reason why I got sent to the principle's office more than a few times...got me out of tag football/softball/soccer what have you. I was thinking today how many older introverted or shy kids are experiencing less anxiety and are relieved/happier now that they aren't having to attend school and all the pressures that come with it. I bet those same kids are praying it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Turn televisions into instruments of education.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    No doubt! I still get worked up over how much I disliked it especially when my kids keep going on about how much they miss school and they only have one more semester left to graduate college.