Page 834 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ... LastLast
Results 20,826 to 20,850 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yes. We most definitely are. Kids and teens these days are getting SCREWED out of a significant chunk of their childhoods. We can't even begin to calculate the mental toll this will have on them now and in the future.

I really do feel bad for them.
    Are you serious? This is a significant chunk of their childhood and it's going to result in a heavy mental toll?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think so too. This is rough stuff for a high school senior or graduating undergrad. Very bad.

^^^ Every generation since around the time Eve had her 1st baby has had shit to deal with. Think of the Children!!!!

Drama.

Don't care if I sound old but, today's kids need to harden the fuck up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Julian Carr is there and is filming it on IG Live if anyone wants to see fat, stupid white racists.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Been watching that. I couldn’t deal with being around that crowd. Fat, stupid white racists is right. These two are arguing with a black woman about BLM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	332151

Agreed, kids will be fine. But it sucks right now.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yes. We most definitely are. Kids and teens these days are getting SCREWED out of a significant chunk of their childhoods. We can't even begin to calculate the mental toll this will have on them now and in the future.

I really do feel bad for them.
    what do you suppose it's like to be a kid in Idlib Province these days? Or to be a Central American kid separated from your parents? It's certainly not a great time to be a kid, or an adult, anywhere in the world, but kids have grown up and are growing up with much much worse and done OK. I think American kids can deal with this, if they don't get sick and their parents don't get sick and die.

Basinbeater--you're being smart. Fuck what the other parents are doing. They can't stand up to their kids, that worries me a lot more than the kids missing teams and camps.

Now they could play ultimate frisbee, long as there's only one team so nobody has to get near each other. And disinfect the frisbee before you throw it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    what do you suppose it's like to be a kid in Idlib Province these days? Or to be a Central American kid separated from your parents? It's certainly not a great time to be a kid, or an adult, anywhere in the world, but kids have grown up and are growing up with much much worse and done OK. I think American kids can deal with this, if they don't get sick and their parents don't get sick and die.

Basinbeater--you're being smart. Fuck what the other parents are doing. They can't stand up to their kids, that worries me a lot more than the kids missing teams and camps.

Now they could play ultimate frisbee, long as there's only one team so nobody has to get near each other. And disinfect the frisbee before you throw it.
    "Think of the starving kids in Europe! Eat your broccoli!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Every generation since around the time Eve had her 1st baby has had shit to deal with. Think of the Children!!!!

Drama.

Hey, I graduated into Watergate and oil embargos and nearly got drafted and a shitty economy, but, c'mon, it really has to suck to be at that age now. They're being held prisoner at home at the exact time they are supposed to be learning how to socialize ( the best thing I got out of college) and looking at a more dismal job market than even 2009.

Cant even start a punk band. Where are you going to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

On line. Duh.

So-called kids can deal with it a lot better than most delirious adults because ....... they're easily distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Where are we going?!?!
    The 8th dimension
    Duh
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The 8th dimension
    Duh
    Fail. The answer is: Planet 10!

When?

Real soon!

Will Perfect Tommy be there???

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, I graduated into Watergate and oil embargos and nearly got drafted and a shitty economy, but, c'mon, it really has to suck to be at that age now. They're being held prisoner at home at the exact time they are supposed to be learning how to socialize ( the best thing I got out of college) and looking at a more dismal job market than even 2009.

It most definitely sucks to be graduating from college right now, that's a different story. (Still beats Syria though). But the younger kids are alright (second Who reference in 2 days)--it's the parents who are worried. They just need to keep their shit together, at least in front of the kids. Glad I don't have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It most definitely sucks to be graduating from college right now, that's a different story. (Still beats Syria though). But the younger kids are alright (second Who reference in 2 days)
    Plenty of pictures of Lily around to keep them entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Drama.

Today's kid parents need to harden up. And as for HS Sr's, think of the lives saved from after party firey auto crashes, DUI's, rapes and OD's. Think of the hearts not broken for being left out. The kids will be fine. Unless their parents tell them how it sucks for them. The the parents I mean.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    So in salt lake, we see daily new case totals increasing rapidly. It would seem that it is more important now than in March or April to not go out. To stay at home. But goddamn. My kids are going stir crazy. My wife is going crazy. We go hiking and biking a lot. But it is getting harder. It looks and feels like other people are going back to normal. Talked to a guy whose kid had a basketball game the other day. There was soccer practice for some team at the park across the street. But it seems that now more than ever would be when we need to stay home. My dad is coming to visit from Mexico, he'll be chilling in Ketchum. I want them to lay low for a couple weeks before we go meet up with them.
    Am I being crazy? Are we the only ones who think this looks like a bigger problem on the horizon? Are we short changing our kids? Some of the kids on his soccer team are signing up for a camp right down the street. We want to, but it feels like a bad idea.
    This sucks.

sent from Utah.
    You're making the right call. My kids are 3 and 5 and bouncing off the walls. We're allowing swim lessons and the playground so long as it isn't very crowded.

But you're very right to be cautious. The last model I fucked with had us on an exponential growth transmission rate with rapidly climbing hospitalizations and deaths.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fail. The answer is: Planet 10!

When?

Real soon!

I stand corrected
    Buckarooooooo!
    . . .

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Kids will be fine. I mean, I didn’t do nonstop sports, camps, and activities every summer. This time where kids aren’t as over scheduled I think is a real silver lining. It’s good to be bored and forced to make your own entertainment. My 8 year old has been learning guitar with me and we’re writing (shitty) songs about mice and cats. She’s doing gardening and yard work. And helping around the house more than normal.

^^^^ agreed. great to hear the time well spent with daughter, right on!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Today's kid parents need to harden up. And as for HS Sr's, think of the lives saved from after party firey auto crashes, DUI's, rapes and OD's. Think of the hearts not broken for being left out. The kids will be fine. Unless their parents tell them how it sucks for them. The the parents I mean.
    Yea but think of all the hand jobs not given or received.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    You're making the right call. My kids are 3 and 5 and bouncing off the walls. We're allowing swim lessons and the playground so long as it isn't very crowded.

But you're very right to be cautious. The last model I fucked with had us on an exponential growth transmission rate with rapidly climbing hospitalizations and deaths.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Ditto that. We have a 3.5 yo and a 11 month old.

We allow play dates with one or two friends who are also taking it seriously. Playgrounds as long as they aren’t crowded, and maybe the pool at some point. Otherwise our days are filled with hikes, walks, biking and previously, xc skiing. The 3.5 is taking it all in stride, but I’m bummed that she’s going to be missing daycare until god knows when. We can handle it, but I feel bad for her. Our daycare is taking the summer off due to lack of interest - I’m thankful for such a smart group of teachers and parents. They actually thought about the safety of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Maybe this generation will be real leaders 30 years down the road instead of the clowns we have running this country right now.

We do have a couple of families we get together with occasionally. And the 7 yo is learning the piano. Tryin to keep em busy. I think it is hardest on the wife. Took the 7yo to the pump track this evening. That helped.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

From the makers of Mambe blankets:

Mambe Masks Adult & youth adjustable straps

Mambe Protective Face Masks are non-medical grade masks designed to help protect individuals, families, and our communities from the spread of Covid-19. They are made with two layers of breathable fabric - a tightly woven polyester microfiber on the outside and a poly-knit fabric on the inside for comfort, breathability, and moisture wicking. The washable cloth face masks have a fully adjustable cord that goes around the back of your head, eliminating painful stress on your ears. A flexible aluminum nose band ensures a snug fit. Available in adult and child sizes. Proudly Made in the USA - Seattle, Washington. See images below. For wearing instructions please select the video tab above.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism