Page 1226 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The way I read it, there's priority populations in each state ordered by need and exposure. I didn't read the sorting is based on population numbers per state, but each state has to have a distribution plan.
    I was looking into this the other day. Sounds like vaccines for HCWs might be happening as soon as next month, which is cray-z. But yeah, it also sounds like there is a rough distro plan in place, but no plan as to how to negotiate who gets a vaccine and when. If it is anything like the tests rolled out, we are F-ed in the A!

If next July is the real goal when the general public will be receiving these vaccines, I'd think we are more likely to reach herd mentality (sp).

Make sure to pay attention to this very important announcement regarding the latest CDC regulations. Because if it saves even ONE life...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well, I made this exact point many pages back but no one seems to care.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think plenty of people care. Around me, it’s the principal argument against the anti-mask idiots. my county no longer reports “recovered,” but instead “released from isolation.”

CA needs to elect Jello Biafra for governor.

The way I read it, there's priority populations in each state ordered by need and exposure. I didn't read the sorting is based on population numbers per state, but each state has to have a distribution plan.
    Right, and UT general public distribution is roughly July. What is it for your state?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

If next July is the real goal when the general public will be receiving these vaccines, I'd think we are more likely to reach herd mentality (sp).
    It's a long road to 'avoid the noid' with cases so high these days. My elderly Mom should get the vaccine way before July, which is great news. My young kids....well they are SOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRox View Post
    Really convenient all these travel and gathering restrictions happen right at the holiday season. Hmm? What else could this be?

Think about it.

Gasp! You mean....they have declared war on Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Right, and UT general public distribution is roughly July. What is it for your state?
    The general target date I've read is July for all states, but some populations, independent of state, may get a vaccine by mid-December.

It's a long road to 'avoid the noid' with cases so high these days. My elderly Mom should get the vaccine way before July, which is great news. My young kids....well they are SOL!
    Right, she's higher risk, so may get a vaccine earlier.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    It's just a toehold for the armed invasion of Christmas in a month.

I feel like, if handled correctly, the vaccine overlords could use scarcity and perceived need to convince more people to get the vaccine than if they end up begging people to get vaccinated. Another approach would be to make it a status symbol. Requiring vaccination to travel, or to get preferable loan terms on a house or new car! Hand out gold collectible bracelets with your social security imprinted on them.

California's plan is to target high risk communities, in addition to HCW's, essential workers, and high risk individuals--Black and Latino communities with multigenerational households. I'm sure there will be an uproar as that starts to be implemented--Chad and Karen will not be happy. (Why Chad? The male equivalent of a Karen should be a Donald.)

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Astrazeneca says they're "up to" 90% effective but it looks like the higher effectiveness came in the smaller sample. Is that meaningful?

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...zd1222hlr.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Best news on this vaccine is less stringent storage needs.

In addition to less stringent storage needs the Astrazeneca vaccine is also: less costly, no hospitalized or severe cases of COVID, no serious safety events, plus they saw fewer asymptomatic cases which is a separate issue apart from efficacy.

I haven't seen a good explanation, just lots of speculation, about why a low dose 1st injection had higher efficacy (90% vs 62%) but if it proves to be the case after more analysis then that's a good result.

The key takeaways:

• Phase 3 interim analysis including 131 Covid-19 cases indicates that the vaccine is 70.4% effective when combining data from two dosing regimens
    • In the two different dose regimens vaccine efficacy was 90% in one and 62% in the other
    • Higher efficacy regimen used a halved first dose and standard second dose
    • Early indication that vaccine could reduce virus transmission from an observed reduction in asymptomatic infections
    • There were no hospitalized or severe cases in anyone who received the vaccine
    • Large safety database from over 24,000 volunteers from clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa, with follow up since April
    • Crucially, vaccine can be easily administered in existing healthcare systems, stored at ‘fridge temperature’ (2-8 °C) and distributed using existing logistics
    • Large scale manufacturing ongoing in over 10 countries to support equitable global access

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-11-23...vid-19-vaccine
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 11-23-2020 at 01:45 PM.

I just would like to thank everyone for ignoring MontuckyFried's chicken fucking.

We're making progress in this thread...

Well, the wife still has symptoms (sore throat and cough) and now a low-grade, <100F fever. She had a negative rapid test Friday, but they want her to cancel all home health visits and go in for a PCR test specimen draw today. IMO, they should do another rapid test today but it sounds like they won't. Seems like the least they could do since they don't even require her patients to wear masks during treatment (but she wears one of course). Her exposure was a patient but they don't really GAF.

No symptoms for me so far other than a GI issue, but I ate some gnarly mexican take-out yesterday that is probably the cause of that.

I really was looking forward to sitting on a chairlift Thursday, but I guess that's probably not happening. Thanks science-denying assholes.

Ron and I are not bots.

We are human men with real feelings and independent thoughts.

Sorry that scares you guys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1498212402-brokeback-mountain.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	349401

NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Astrazeneca says they're "up to" 90% effective but it looks like the higher effectiveness came in the smaller sample. Is that meaningful?

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...zd1222hlr.html
    The higher efficacy in the 1/2 dose--full dose regimen, compared to the full dose full dose regimen seems odd. There must have been a theoretical basis to consider testing both regimens. Mofro--can you explain?

The press release notes statistical significance of p<0.001. It isn't clear if that is for only for both regimens compared to placebo, or if it applies to the difference between the two regimens as well.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Maybe this whole virus hoax was hatched by the turkeys. I knew those birds were smarter than they look!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It's just a toehold for the armed invasion of Christmas in a month.
    Seems they have already launched an assult on Christmas shopping at your local stores. Or am I missing something? Stay home. And Amazon! Fuck yeah. I am waiting to see video of tents set up in the shopping mall. Cuz it's getting cold. I am noticing that people are not taking about or reporting about homeless. It's just too depressing so ignore it. As a coping mechanism
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1498212402-brokeback-mountain.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	349401

NTTAWWT

LOL!!

The general target date I've read is July for all states, but some populations, independent of state, may get a vaccine by mid-December.
    Even vaccinating 20% of the population will have an enormous impact if it’s targeted at high risk individuals. Add to that the 20% or so already infected, 30% or higher by February, and perhaps we start to approach a shambolic herd immunity by spring.

In the meantime, once the vaccines starts rolling out, we'll probably start seeing people behaving like ebikers on non-ebike trails telling everyone they have doctors note, instead telling everyone they've already been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was looking into this the other day. Sounds like vaccines for HCWs might be happening as soon as next month, which is cray-z. But yeah, it also sounds like there is a rough distro plan in place, but no plan as to how to negotiate who gets a vaccine and when. If it is anything like the tests rolled out, we are F-ed in the A!

Sounds about right, my wife's hospital system is expecting to start giving vaccines out around xmas. It can't come soon enough. The day hcw's are safe and aren't spreading it to healthy patients will be a good one.

They aren't going to do another rapid test because they are in short supply. Fuck you Donald Trump, this SHOULD NOT be a problem 8 months later.

Ron and I are not bots.

We are human men with real feelings and independent thoughts.

Sorry that scares you guys.

Really convenient all these travel and gathering restrictions happen right at the holiday season. Hmm? What else could this be?

Think about it.

its gotta be Biden's fault
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    I have really enjoyed this video way too many times. Covidiot resister gets her public comeuppance and storms off the stage after being dressed down by a security guard.

https://twitter.com/mikestuchbery_/s...657817611?s=21

Lulz from the comments

“The Venn diagram of Covid deniers and holocaust deniers is a single circle.”

A troll creates multiple aliases to make it seem like a lot of people agree with him. Kind of like the way a small ambushed army unit uses a high rate of fire to make it seem like there are more of them than there really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    What independent thoughts do the 2 of you have? Seems like it's just a regurgitation of right wing propaganda or a misunderstanding of basic scientific facts. Just because they are your thoughts, doesn't mean they are correct.

I am torn as to if you guys are deliberately trolling or honestly believe what you post. I do feel sorry for you either way, trolling is a hard way to go through life and is indicative of a deeply damaged individual. If you're not trolling and truly believe what you post, the lack of critical thinking and analysis displayed must make everyday life incredibly difficult. I can't image what it's like to try to survive without those skills. I'm truly sorry that you have to go through life at such a disadvantage.
    Posting scientific studies and data is now right wing propaganda. The way you combat propaganda is by showing what is wrong with it - which you guys fail to do and just resort to name calling.