Page 988 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 ... LastLast
Results 24,676 to 24,700 of 41810
    I thought it was the square root of the sum of the squares. At least for Euclid.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Nope, it was so far beneath me, I couldn't feel the vibrations.
    So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    And for the math challenged, like me, you can view 7 day moving average positivity rates for all US states here:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...ual-states/usa
    Name:  Chevy Chase.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  63.3 KB
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I do suck at math, and had a 2 year old on my lap. That's why I include numbers rather than just spitting out conclusions. It appears US positivity is 8% versus 4% for Singapore. Does this sound right? So this suggest Singapore is doing a better job of finding true positives than US (as a whole). As of July 28, Washington State's positivity rate was 5.7%
    That's better. One other thing, though, is how well tests are targeted. Which is not really easy to compare but it's worth noting that we are doing close to nothing for contact tracing and early on (when test shortages were most acute) Asian nations were doing that better. IDK about Singapore specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if their actual case rate is even lower (in comparison) than positivity ratios indicate because they used more tools to identify probable cases before testing and targeted tests better as a result.

That's in addition to the reduction in severity that seems to be following mask use as Mofro has noted repeatedly. And if the Czechs see that reduction with cloth masks, wouldn't you expect at least as much of the same in Asian countries where better masks have been more common for a while? Add the obvious advantage of keeping infections down at the beginning, when treatments were least effective and no overwhelming blah blah blah all the standard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    He should have divided. Instead he multiplied.

Alta, no biggie, just divide the result twice by the amount you multiplied by.
    Name:  IMG_1443.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  135.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just looked at the ihme projections for the first time in a while. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Some kind of major war would be worse, but a pandemic is right up there.
    I would imagine that whatever foes we have are just kicking back, watching us fuck ourselves as well or better than they ever could with little effort or risk on their part.

Heard on npr University of Washington projects 300,000 deaths by December

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89988...rchers-predict

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Heartbreaking. Hopefully he pulls through.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Horrible, sad, heartbreaking and there are 8 other kids with this at UC Davis. Why isn't this in the news more?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Could you imagine working for the guy? One, he is obviously a vampire of some kind. Secondly he probably does nothing but has a team of graduates actually trying to make things happen and he occasionally comes along searching for his daddy praise.
    His hands. Have you seen them? They are a smooth as a baby's bottom. Probably never picked a tool in his life.

weird I know but it was just something I noticed one day
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I just looked at the ihme projections for the first time in a while. Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Heard on npr University of Washington projects 300,000 deaths by December

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89988...rchers-predict
    Yep.

That’s what I was talking about

http://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    His hands. Have you seen them? They are a smooth as a baby's bottom. Probably never picked a tool in his life.

Completely freaked me out imagining him, with those long, delicate (not saying feminine) , shaking Trumps grubby little stunted hands ...... or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We have been asking for months why certain countries are able to achieve extremely low death rates vs. what as happened in the US and other European nations. We have questioned whether different strains are more virulent, whether differences in the infected population have underlying genetic predisposition either towards more severe disease or protection, higher levels of comorbidity and question the average age of the infecting population.

But as for masking, this recent publication draws a correlation between masking and increased asymptomatic infection within a population due to a lower initial infectious dose, resulting in more mild disease, thus leading to greatly reduced death rates. : Masks Do More Than Protect Others During COVID-19: Reducing the Inoculum of SARS-CoV-2 to Protect the Wearer. Journal of General Internal Medicine (August 2020).
    https://link.springer.com/content/pd...20-06067-8.pdf

Abstract:
    Although the benefit of population-level public facial masking to protect others during the COVID-19 pandemic has received a great deal of attention, we discuss for one of the first times the hypothesis that universal masking reduces the “inoculum” or dose of the virus for the maskwearer, leading to more mild and asymptomatic infection manifestations. Masks, depending on type, filter out the majority of viral particles, but not all. We first discuss the near-century-old literature around the viral inoculum and severity of disease (conceptualized as the LD50 or lethal dose of the virus). We include examples of rising rates of asymptomatic infection with population-level masking, including in closed settings (e.g., cruise ships) with and without universal masking. Asymptomatic infections may be harmful for spread but could actually be beneficial if they lead to higher rates of exposure. Exposing society to SARS-CoV-2 without the unacceptable consequences of severe illness with public masking could lead to greater community-level immunity and slower spread as we await a vaccine. This theory of viral inoculum and mild or asymptomatic disease with SARS-CoV-2 in light of population-level masking has received little attention so this is one of the first perspectives to discuss the evidence supporting this theory.
    I've been pushing this idea since April. With my rudimentary understanding of this stuff it just made sense. As I read part of this post to my kids they even said that sounds like something I said a while ago.

#justwearthedamnmask

You would hate to see bernies hands, even softer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Of all the things to criticize that fuckface for, you pick the lack of calluses on his hands. You are a piece of shit. Your ignorance of the long, proud racist history of your home state makes you even worse than the people who wear that shameful badge on their sleeve for the rest of us to see. You disgust me. I hope that I get to look you in the eye and tell you that some day.

I've been reading your bullshit for nearly 20 years and my opinion of it and you have been the same since day one. You struck me as disingenuous, judgemental, and manipulative even as an adolescent reading your garbage on here, and time has only served to cement those perspectives.

^^^Way the fuck out of line, douchebag
    Seek professional help

No shit. Wow. A couple people point out the weird creepy obviousness of his obsession and this is the response? Bet he has soft hands.

Off your meds Glade? Wtf?

Glade we would love it if you left the board and never came back. I don't know what grudge you have against KQ, but don't ruin it for the rest of us. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I've been reading your bullshit for nearly 20 years and my opinion of it and you have been the same since day one. You struck me as disingenuous, judgemental, and manipulative even as an adolescent reading your garbage on here, and time has only served to cement those perspectives.
    Couldn’t the same be said about you as well? I can hardly think of a positive thing you’ve posted, even in my (relatively) short time here on the board. When was the last time you posted stoke in any measurable amount? No doubt KQ can defend herself just fine, but fuck man, can you not see the hypocrisy of your post? At least we get recipes and kitty stoke out of her posts (ie. some form of valuable contribution). Get outside and into nature.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Of all the things to criticize that fuckface for, you pick the lack of calluses on his hands. You are a piece of shit. Your ignorance of the long, proud racist history of your home state makes you even worse than the people who wear that shameful badge on their sleeve for the rest of us to see. You disgust me. I hope that I get to look you in the eye and tell you that some day.

Someone has a crush on someone......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think that Glade and Bunny have a secret competition going.

Give it a rest glade, in fact you should take a hiatus.