Page 1469 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... LastLast
Results 36,701 to 36,725 of 41810
    When my wife had covid her mom, a retired nurse, got her all worked up about her SpO2 so we bought a meter. She puts it on and it read 99. Every finger, all day long. I can’t even get that high when I don’t have Covid. We live at 9k’ so it is normal to have lower levels of oxygen anyway.

If your wife has a 99% sat at 9K she is obviously using a banned substance.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If your wife has a 99% sat at 9K she is obviously using a banned substance.
    Did they ban oxygen now?

She was just born and raised at altitude and has incredible cardio fitness without even trying.

Jax. You're an older school poster than me. Respect. Hope your parents get well soon. Like, this is a terrible disease and it's taking down good people. Vibes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Did they ban oxygen now?

She was just born and raised at altitude and has incredible cardio fitness without even trying.
    Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'd recheck and get a doctor opinion on that 91 O2. IIRC, they like to see 95 or better. I'm not saying 91 is bad, I don't know and it's low enough I would check. Oxygen therapy is standard Covid treatment, also it's well into consult a professional territory. .
    Thanks for this, also. She's at 95 today, I made sure she's using it right. To her discredit, even with all of her successes battling heart attack and cancer, she still sneaks a cigarette or two daily, has for all of her life, as well as a toke here and there...though she isn't smoking through this, she promises. She feels entitled to it and I've long gotten over chastising her for it. Step dad feeling good, mild case, so very lucky.

The vaccine changed the outcome for them hopefully. So far so good. Again, thanks for all the good vibes.

Good to see that, Jax, hope they finish knocking it out quickly!

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Colin Powell dead of COVID-19 today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

How in fuck was he already 84???

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Colin Powell dead of COVID-19 today

Breakthrough case apparently as he was vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    How in fuck was he already 84???
    Kind of blew my mind too. Just read his bio and you know what else is mind blowing? Dude got commissioned in '58. Did a tour in 'Nam in 62-63. If you look at recent photos of him, the guy STILL looked great. I guess it's true what they say: "Black don't crack." Haha. Very interesting life and one helluva career. Man, time flies.

Fuck him. He was as much to blame for the Iraq War and our current mess of a country as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Breakthrough case apparently as he was vaxxed.

He was undergoing cancer treatment.

Fuck him. He was as much to blame for the Iraq War and our current mess of a country as anyone.
    He def tends to get more of a pass than the rest involved or should be warranted

Sounds like the cancer really was progressing badly as well

At war for 20 years and nothing to show for.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Powell goes back farther than that. He was up to his knees in the Reagan Iran Contra shit and actually helping create The Taliban when they were fighting the Russians there.. He was under Casper Weinberger.. Not a key player back then but he was definitely a part of it and everything through the Bush administrations..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Surprised a non West Point guy rose to the top. Just assumed he was a grad

As for his breakout infection:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterHote...37760778670080

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Powell goes back farther than that. He was up to his knees in the Reagan Iran Contra shit and actually helping create The Taliban when they were fighting the Russians there.. He was under Casper Weinberger.. Not a key player back then but he was definitely a part of it and everything through the Bush administrations..
    Go take a gander on his writings on Vietnam and his involvement in My Lai.

Leaving this here for anyone looking for monoclonals. HHS has a website and a phone number, to see if you qualify.
    https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/i-have-c...itive-patients

mAb treatment may help people who:

Have a positive COVID-19 test, and had symptoms for 10 days or less
    Are at high risk of getting more serious symptoms
    My summary: A normal immune system produces its own antibodies, but takes a few days to really get going. The monoclonal antibody treatment injects antibodies directly, providing an immediate defense vs covid that may prevent disease progression (IIRC, it's about 50% reduction in death when given early). Getting antibodies sooner is better. Probably still useful if vaccinated. Way above my paygrade, so consult a doctor.

Healthy folks probably don't qualify. I haven't read enough to say whether this is to conserve supply or risk/benefit isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Leaving this here for anyone looking for monoclonals. HHS has a website and a phone number, to see if you qualify.
    https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/i-have-c...itive-patients

My summary: A normal immune system produces its own antibodies, but takes a few days to really get going. The monoclonal antibody treatment injects antibodies directly, providing an immediate defense vs covid that may prevent disease progression (IIRC, it's about 50% reduction in death when given early). Getting antibodies sooner is better. Probably still useful if vaccinated. Way above my paygrade, so consult a doctor.

Healthy folks probably don't qualify. I haven't read enough to say whether this is to conserve supply or risk/benefit isn't there.
    Why consult a doctor. Can't you just pick it up at the feed store?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Thanks for this, also. She's at 95 today, I made sure she's using it right. To her discredit, even with all of her successes battling heart attack and cancer, she still sneaks a cigarette or two daily, has for all of her life, as well as a toke here and there...though she isn't smoking through this, she promises. She feels entitled to it and I've long gotten over chastising her for it. Step dad feeling good, mild case, so very lucky.

The vaccine changed the outcome for them hopefully. So far so good. Again, thanks for all the good vibes.
    Hope everyone pulls through. Vibes.

Why consult a doctor. Can't you just pick it up at the feed store?
    Certainly! KQ's making a mag order. 2 pills for a nickel.

Seriously though, TWiV's Dr Daniel Griffin on current Covid treatment protocols, with reference to BMJ and WHO, includes recommendations against some once popular treatments. Great to MMQB your own doc.

This doesn't sound like rational guidance and decision making during a pandemic.

Birx: Trump adviser squeezed out health officials to downplay seriousness of Covid-19

As Covid-19 surged last winter, the Trump White House was torn between competing factions on how to manage the pandemic, including whether to let the virus spread unchecked to reach herd immunity, former coronavirus response coordinator Deborah Birx told congressional investigators.

“I made it clear that I would not attend meetings where [Scott Atlas] would be present kind of to create a line in the sand,” Deborah Birx told congressional investigators. “I made it clear that I would not attend meetings where [Scott Atlas] would be present kind of to create a line in the sand,” Deborah Birx told congressional investigators.
    Birx and other doctors pressed the Trump administration to intensify efforts to control disease spread, according to portions of testimony released Tuesday by the Coronavirus Crisis Select Subcommittee. But then-President Donald Trump’s hand-picked coronavirus adviser, Scott Atlas, had rapidly consolidated power on a platform that downplayed the seriousness of Covid to most Americans, squeezing out Birx and other top government health officials.

“And so I made it clear that I would not attend meetings where he would be present kind of to create a line in the sand,” Birx told congressional investigators.

“I just felt that it gave people in the White House an alternative position and data source that would allow them to say, again, here’s Debbie Birx, a federal employee for 40 years, here’s Scott Atlas, an academic, a physician, a thinker versus a technocrat; and I just felt like that was going to make it even more difficult to get across how severe I felt the fall and winter was going to be. And it was my concern over the fall and winter that I didn’t want a 180 degree voice present at critical decision-making meetings.”

Birx could not be reached for comment.

Rep. Jim Clyburn, who chairs the select panel, said in a statement that Birx's account showed how Trump's prioritization of politics and refusal to follow the advice of public health experts undermined the Covid-19 response. "It is a tragedy that, according to Dr. Birx, more than 130,000 American lives could have been saved if the previous Administration and Republican governors had listened to scientists and implemented mitigation measures proven to stop the spread of the virus, such as masks," Clyburn said.

Atlas, a radiologist and fellow at Stanford University's conservative Hoover Institution with no previous experience fighting infectious disease, joined the White House as a special government employee in August 2020 after TV appearances on Fox News where he decried fears about Covid-19 as overblown. He sparred with senior medical experts after appearing to advocate the concept of "herd immunity" — the controversial theory that the United States can quickly and safely achieve widespread immunity to the coronavirus by allowing it to spread unfettered among healthy people.

Inside the administration, Birx and other top health officials raised repeated concerns to senior White House staff about Atlas’ influence on the administration’s decision-making. But their complaints gained little traction, she said.

“I could see the consequences of what was occurring out across the United States and the severity of the virus among the most ill, and my concern about those who were potentially less ill,” Birx told the panel, adding that she shared her worries with both Trump and then-Vice President Mike Pence, who chaired the White House Covid-19 Task Force. “And inside the White House is a person that is basically wanting community spread to increase.“

Atlas resigned in November 2020, after his 130-day detail as a special government employee ran out.

The select panel has been probing the Trump administration’s coronavirus response since September 2020, shortly after a POLITICO story revealed how political appointees interfered with the government's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports, which are authored by career scientists and are typically free of political interference. Since then, the panel has also highlighted evidence that appeared to show other instances of political interference in the pandemic response.

Birx said she gave Atlas data showing the virus spreading across age groups but that Atlas “used every opportunity” to push back on efforts to control community spread. The mixed messaging that emerged from an administration split over how to approach the pandemic undermined the work of the White House Covid-19 task force and the message she was bringing to states about the need to control virus spread, she said.

Asked if Atlas specifically had a negative impact on the Covid-19 response, Birx replied: “It certainly made it harder to execute.”

Birx had more to say--about how the Trump administration stopped paying attention to Covid leading up to and then after the election.

Birx had more to say--about how the Trump administration stopped paying attention to Covid leading up to and then after the election.
    They disbanded the COVID task fArce right after evidence was clear that the demo/psychograpics being hit hardest (other than really old people in general) were folks who were far more willing to vote for Biden than Trump..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!