Page 797 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm going to keep banging this drum because this is a hugely important resource in my mind. Even if you just look at the table mid-page, it would be worth it.

Read this: https://cdn.hc1.com/docs/covid-19/ae...user-guide.pdf
    And then visit this: https://www.aei.org/covid-2019-action-tracker/

Does it have ALL cases, probably not.
    It also bothers me that the LRI calculation (and the subsequent heat map) does not factor in the number of test performed.
    Also, we don't know if tested is concentration to specific businesses or residences (like nursing homes)

However, you can see the volume of tests for your county and whether there's a spike. The reg version simply breaks the results down by age and gender.
    No data for my county. New cases announced here last week but no data on testing that I can find anywhere. I keep hoping that site will offer something but still nada.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The exception is if you're New Zealand. Tracked that shit all the way down to the last person.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-covid-19-case
    New Zealand would be the people who killed it, though, wouldn't they? Or are they still waiting for a case or two to resolve?

I think they've won, though. At this point they can test anyone coming in and I'm betting demand among would-be tourists is peaking pretty hard right about now. It's been on our list for a while but this whole mess moved it up significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Cases in CA going up again, so no, it did not run out of victims. Social distancing and quarantine kept it at bay.
    I was referring to the observation from Milan. Yes it clearly hasn't run out of victims in CA. And my money is still on behavioral change as the cause of the drop in cases in Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    What kind of society do we want to have? Should we just bring everyone in the forest naked at 75 and leave them to die for maximum efficiency? Not to mention that the system was designed to have people pay into the safety net so they could harness some gains and be comfortable in old age. The problem with the boomers isn't that there are so many of them, it's that they've worked so hard to defund and break these social programs for 40 years with success no matter who is in the OO.

Calling Ronald Reagan a baby boomer might be a stretch. The defunding of the social safety net started with him and he is still the spiritual head of the "government is the problem" movement as it continues under baby boomer leadership. If you think it won't continue once the boomers are dead and gone you're delusional. Greed and a lack of empathy are traits that do not observe generational boundaries. Elizabeth Warren is a boomer, so is little Donald (by a whisker). Generational stereotyping--be it of boomers, millenials, or anyone else, is just lazy thinking.

As far paying into the social safety net in order to be provided for in old age--current Medicare and SS recipients, of which I am one, are receiving far more in benefits than we contributed. We did not pay for ourselves while we worked; we are being supported by those currently working (damn few at the moment.) Those programs have been a third rail since enacted. The pre boomer generation voted to keep them intact when they reached retirement age, the boomers are doing it now, and all subsequent generations will do so when it's their turn to cash in.

Gen-X here and I am not planning on SS being available to me when the time comes, esp if we have to endure 4 more years of rumpelstiltskin.

The next page of the thread is 666

Just sayin
    Heads up
    . . .

999 is the next page for me.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    999 is the next page for me.
    In that case the gates of hell open upside down.

Ask for Gozer. The key master
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    except it ain't really a better tractor its just all the $$ going into one persons pockets
    If it wasn't a better tractor people wouldn't be using it.

NY had a spike of non-Covid19 deaths

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e=articleShare

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0A64510-D656-491E-93FE-6CD47B1C5DFE.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	330362

Chile is changing the criteria for defining covid-19 deaths, increasing the totals now, making things even uglier. No light at the end of the tunnel here....

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    If it wasn't a better tractor people wouldn't be using it.
    until you have a main street with nothing on it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It never really left Missoula
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    until you have a main street with nothing on it
    Pretty clear that isn't as important to people as the services Amazon provides.

Ron Johnson gets the first post on page 666 of the thread.

I gotta find my holy underwear and a roll of tinfoil.

Rapture is near
    . . .

So now it's hitting the fishing industry? Uff da!

Name:  AD.png
Views: 1137
Size:  31.0 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ron Johnson gets the first post on page 666 of the thread.

I gotta find my holy underwear and a roll of tinfoil.

Rapture is near
    799 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So now it's hitting the fishing industry? Uff da!

Name:  AD.png
Views: 1137
Size:  31.0 KB
    There are 85+ crew members on a fishing trawler? I had no idea, my knowledge of fishing is from watching A Perfect Storm

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

That’s no trawler; that’s a factory ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    That’s no trawler; that’s a factory ship.
    Yup - Factory Trawler.

Coronavirus outbreak strikes Seattle factory trawler as most of 126 crew tests positive
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Same boat that accidentally rammed the Canadian warship HMCS Winnipeg about 5 or more years ago.

edit: and local news says it now 86 positive.

Where the fuck do they find 140 people willing to work on a factory trawler? That would be fucking miserable work. Trips are probably at least week and maybe substantially more. Cold, wet, dangerous and probably pays shit.

Immigrant work force??? Like in poultry factories?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Where the fuck do they find 140 people willing to work on a factory trawler? That would be fucking miserable work. Trips are probably at least week and maybe substantially more. Cold, wet, dangerous and probably pays shit.
    A week? No, those poor souls are out for a lot longer than that. No way that beast is wasting fuel heading to port more than necessary. They offload their fish to tenders so they can fish nonstop.

Yeah, more like months. The boat leaves Seattle, sails to Alaska, then drops fish off on the way back. I see that boat, or one of her sister ships here every year (Bellingham Cold Storage is the largest portside facility on the west coast).

Entry-level jobs probably do pay shit, but there are definitely well paying career jobs onboard as well.

Fish from those boats probably leave in the shape of a breaded square.